Twitch Drops Trial Incoming: June 27

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Petje313 #61 Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 60716 battles
  • [RSAF-] RSAF-

For a companion as large as WarGaming. With this load of paying members, the Twitch drop was a laughter.

I watched 4 hours of streaming and got what everybody got. Repair kit, med kit and xp booster.

My girlfriend watched also and had in her inventory 2 objects, but couldn't get them activated anyhow.

Next time I don't watch a Twitch drop again.

AngryObnoxiousOtter #62 Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 38176 battles
  • [OOUUF] OOUUF
Never got any the items of ingame yesterday.  Got 2 notifications on twitch and zero in game . And yes the accounts are linked 

ByteJunk #63 Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10657 battles

A shame but I couldn't watch on the 27th :(

Only saw the vod, it was pretty cool.

Watching the togfest now!

Sirebellus #64 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25871 battles
I was working yesterday - so I set my computer to watch the stream for me... just logged on to the WoT stream on Twitch and turned the monitor and speakers off and went to work...

I came home to Large repair kits, Large Med Kits and 2 x CrewXP boosters.... as I have about a thousand of the kits and over a hundred of the crew boosters it was a non-event for me... don't think I'll even bother 'not' watching the stream next time

(just as an aside, I wouldn't have actually watched the stream anyway... I can't think of many things worse than watching someone else play a video game... I do occasionally watch You-Tube players (Claus Kellerman mainly) but the You-tube videos are selected and edited games with a commentary, not just random game after game where the person you are watching may or may not even last 2 minutes of each game)

BueloProductions #65 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33048 battles
  • [SERPE] SERPE

"The regular one should be delivered after 1h of watching, like other game companies do. At least to activate the bonus mission."

This was worth a permaban in twich chat. 

SatanR36 #66 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21363 battles

View PostBueloProductions, on 29 June 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

"The regular one should be delivered after 1h of watching, like other game companies do. At least to activate the bonus mission."

This was worth a permaban in twich chat. 

They perma-banned you for this? At this point I think Wargaming is trying to kill their game, not a single sane person picks up this game in 2020.Who wants to torture himself grinding stock tanks nowadays? With the 15-3 matches being so common and while you have alternative games to play THAT ARE FUN and not a chore. But yeah keep giving players small repair kits and a crew booster, this will convince Pewdiepie's subscribers to play your game with it's old flawed mechanics

O_o_Babbuino #67 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44515 battles
  • [SCOBA] SCOBA

WG

Q: Why can't you just drop something on random basis to players who are active???

A: Cos there are so many fake accounts and bots???

Touché

:D

08:24 Added after 1 minute

cos manipulating statistics for your twitch account is what you want?

instead of earning it fair and square.....same way like you treat game fair play...

Kdingo #68 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 33307 battles

View PostO_o_Babbuino, on 29 June 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

WG

Q: Why can't you just drop something on random basis to players who are active???

A: Cos there are so many fake accounts and bots???

Touché

:D

08:24 Added after 1 minute

cos manipulating statistics for your twitch account is what you want?

instead of earning it fair and square.....same way like you treat game fair play...

This new sort of drop sh*t becomes a common practice with games. I dunno what i*iot would watch a stream for hours just to receive some crap, but i guess lots of people are just to eager to bend over backwards to receive anything.

All this does is artificially inflated twitch accounts with many viewers of which most ore equal to bots, as they aren't watching but running the stream in a muted browser.

At one point it could backfire when companies no longer want to put adds on "bot" channels.

BueloProductions #69 Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33048 battles
  • [SERPE] SERPE

View PostSatanR36, on 29 June 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

They perma-banned you for this? At this point I think Wargaming is trying to kill their game, not a single sane person picks up this game in 2020.Who wants to torture himself grinding stock tanks nowadays? With the 15-3 matches being so common and while you have alternative games to play THAT ARE FUN and not a chore. But yeah keep giving players small repair kits and a crew booster, this will convince Pewdiepie's subscribers to play your game with it's old flawed mechanics

Absolutely, and i won't appeal it. Any time i'll get the idea to spend in game it will be there reminding me why not.

Bordhaw #70 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16409 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 29 June 2020 - 07:52 AM, said:

1. If you read the whole article it said that you must have Twitch Prime, and that it must first be linked to your account.

2. It then said that you had to have completed two missions prior to this weekend.

3. The article then laid out a series of times over the weekend when community contributors would be streaming live games on Twitch, and that if you logged on to watch the games, with your linked game account, then there was a chance that you would get a drop via a Twitch notification.

4. The whole thing was utterly mismanaged by War Gaming and an almost complete failure with players getting more and more irate. The drops were set by the marketing department at much too low a percentage.

5.There were a few people who got two crates with goodies in, there were a couple who got a SuperPershing. However there were 23,000 watching eekeebo and the drop rate was pathetic and caused a huge degree of anger.

6. WG would have done much better to have made the prizes in the crates smaller ie a few consumerables and made the drop rate something like 33%, but of course they did not. I cannot imagine anyone will now ever bother again if only about five players out of twenty three thousand get a drop.

7. Also the NA server stream was (a) poor and (b) no drops at all and the audience fell to 4,000.

TLDR you missed absolutely nothing

LCpl_Jones #71 Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14625 battles
so another wg fail ?

Cataphractarii #72 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 38115 battles
  • [3-RTR] 3-RTR
I think it's a linked twitch account, not 'prime'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users