• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

HMS_Birmingham #141 Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13852 battles

View PostYourBestFriend_2016, on 26 June 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

• All equipment should be demounted fro free at start
  • Old equipment should be able to be sold for a reasonable period for full prize instead of half the price
  • We should get a reasonable time to experiment and demount for free 

Conversion Conditions

If all these changes hit the live servers, your equipment on all tanks will be converted to fit the new system in accordance with the following rules:

• Old equipment will be replaced by new equipment, taking into account the specifics of the reworked system. For example, the Medium-Caliber Gun Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 2, so you can mount it on the Tier V–VII vehicles and Tier VIII–X tanks with which it was previously compatible. The Large-Caliber Gun Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 1 and be suitable for Tier VIII–X tanks.
  • If any equipment has already been mounted on a vehicle, then the tier of this specific tank will not be considered. For example, a Tier II vehicle with Coated Optics costing 500,000 credits, when all changes take effect, will have Coated Optics Class 1, which is designed for Tier VIII–X tanks. But this equipment will remain on the Tier II tank, and you can freely enter battle with it. If you demount this equipment, you'll be able to mount it on any vehicle that uses this specific class of equipment. However, you won’t be able to mount it on other vehicles that use a different class of this specific equipment.
  • If any equipment was mounted on a tank for which it can no longer be used in the new system (for example, due to a different vehicle type), it will be automatically moved to the Depot and converted.
  • Moving equipment from one slot to another on the same vehicle isn't considered demounting and therefore doesn't require spending gold, bonds, or Demount Kits.
  • All improved equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically removed to the Depot.
  • In some cases, the equipment cost will increase. On the one hand, we want to take into account the interests of players who purchase new equipment. On the other hand, we also take into account the interests of commanders who already have this equipment and may want to sell it. So the new price will remain quite affordable for the widest range of commanders.
  • For vehicles that will have fewer equipment slots in the new system, on the Sandbox server, all equipment from non-existent slots will be removed to the Depot.
  • After the feature is released, each player will receive several free Demount Kits. You'll also be able to earn more Demount Kits by completing special daily missions for a limited time.

vanderkat #142 Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6204 battles

Not much chance of doing any testing this evening - only around 1600 logged on to the Sandbox server - clicked 'Battle', 70 players in the queue, timed-out after 5 minutes, gave up.

If numbers on the server continue to be this low, perhaps WG should consider running bots on the SB server, so that those who want to try stuff out can do so, otherwise feedback will hardly be representative.

YourBestFriend_2016 #143 Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23289 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 26 June 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Conversion Conditions

If all these changes hit the live servers, your equipment on all tanks will be converted to fit the new system in accordance with the following rules:

• Old equipment will be replaced by new equipment, taking into account the specifics of the reworked system. For example, the Medium-Caliber Gun Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 2, so you can mount it on the Tier V–VII vehicles and Tier VIII–X tanks with which it was previously compatible. The Large-Caliber Gun Rammers for tanks and SPGs will become Gun Rammer Class 1 and be suitable for Tier VIII–X tanks.
  • If any equipment has already been mounted on a vehicle, then the tier of this specific tank will not be considered. For example, a Tier II vehicle with Coated Optics costing 500,000 credits, when all changes take effect, will have Coated Optics Class 1, which is designed for Tier VIII–X tanks. But this equipment will remain on the Tier II tank, and you can freely enter battle with it. If you demount this equipment, you'll be able to mount it on any vehicle that uses this specific class of equipment. However, you won’t be able to mount it on other vehicles that use a different class of this specific equipment.
  • If any equipment was mounted on a tank for which it can no longer be used in the new system (for example, due to a different vehicle type), it will be automatically moved to the Depot and converted.
  • Moving equipment from one slot to another on the same vehicle isn't considered demounting and therefore doesn't require spending gold, bonds, or Demount Kits.
  • All improved equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically removed to the Depot.
  • In some cases, the equipment cost will increase. On the one hand, we want to take into account the interests of players who purchase new equipment. On the other hand, we also take into account the interests of commanders who already have this equipment and may want to sell it. So the new price will remain quite affordable for the widest range of commanders.
  • For vehicles that will have fewer equipment slots in the new system, on the Sandbox server, all equipment from non-existent slots will be removed to the Depot.
  • After the feature is released, each player will receive several free Demount Kits. You'll also be able to earn more Demount Kits by completing special daily missions for a limited time.

Indeed!

These rules are hilarious insufficient.

• We get several demounting kits. People have over hunderd tanks, completely not sufficient. 
  • We will have many reduntant equiment pieces. We should get full priece for them so that we can buy the new equipment. Is that so difficult to understand for WG?

Falconer210 #144 Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12857 battles

View PostYourBestFriend_2016, on 26 June 2020 - 09:05 PM, said:

• All equipment should be demounted fro free at start
  • Old equipment should be able to be sold for a reasonable period for full prize instead of half the price
  • We should get a reasonable time to experiment and demount for free 
  • WG please set limits to your greed and let exchange of camo and bino for free

In the current situation, If you have an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, it will show up as a tier 3 piece of equipment. That means you can sell this for 300k.

However you PAID 500k for this equipment.

Since there are a significant number of tanks that you will have no use for them any more (Enhanced Gun Laying Drives are only useful for lower tier tanks), you'll be forced to sell most of them LOSING 200k credits for EACH ONE.

If WG really go through with this and if you have any significant amount of Enhanced Gun Laying Drives, you will lose MILLIONS of credits in the process.

If WG really want this, they should just scrap all non-bounty and non-bond equipment and refund the players with full credits for them. That way the player can then buy replacement equipment in the new system without losing credits in the process: SIMPLE.

Seriously, a child could come up with this.

Edit: This also applies to Binocs, Cammo net and Toolboxes. Who actually uses these in Tier 8-10? Perhaps in 1 or 2 cases. And now the FTP player is saddled up with 4 Tier 3 Binocs (or other equipment) that they can't use and have to sell at a lower price than they paid for.

Edited by Falconer210, 26 June 2020 - 11:41 PM.

grasho #145 Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View Postvanderkat, on 26 June 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Not much chance of doing any testing this evening - only around 1600 logged on to the Sandbox server - clicked 'Battle', 70 players in the queue, timed-out after 5 minutes, gave up.

If numbers on the server continue to be this low, perhaps WG should consider running bots on the SB server, so that those who want to try stuff out can do so, otherwise feedback will hardly be representative.

I did try Iteration 1 a few weeks ago, but have decided to not try Iteration 2.  I feel Equip 2.0 cannot deliver its stated aims but it certainly milks the players.  I also disagree with some of the basic concepts such as  categorisations, the conversion / transition method and the problem of low-tier players being out-equipped when they face higher tiers.  Additionally, the new equipment doesn’t offer me much I would want because of another fundamental flaw in WG’s solution: why would I choose equipment that is situational over equipment that is universal?  For example, Vents, rammer and stabs are useful in every game whilst the new equipment is useful in some games.

On top of that, there is the lack of credits on the test server, limiting testing, and the rewards for taking part are pitiful.

Given all this, and as I feel that Equip 2.0 will make the game worse, it’s in my interest for the Sandbox to fail.  Not taking part denies WG useful stats, and if enough of us stop testing, it means they have to scrap the whole thing or have someone senior in WG take a gamble and commit the company to a massive cluster (which will probably result in the gambling manager get sacked).

YourBestFriend_2016 #146 Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23289 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

View PostFalconer210, on 26 June 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

In the current situation, If you have an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, it will show up as a tier 3 piece of equipment. That means you can sell this for 300k.

Since there are a significant number of tanks that you will have no use for them any more (Enhanced Gun Laying Drives are only useful for lower tier tanks), you'll be forced to sell most of them LOSING 200k credits for EACH ONE.

If WG really go through with this and if you have any significant amount of Enhanced Gun Laying Drives, you will lose MILLIONS of credits in the process.

If WG really want this, they should just scrap all non-bounty and non-bond equipment and refund the players with full credits for them. That way the player can then buy replacement equipment in the new system without losing credits in the process: SIMPLE.

Simple for us, difficult for WG.

And this is only the equipment change.

Crew 2.0 still to come. They promised that people would be compensated in a good way for crew 2.0. Now with the plans they show with the equipment we can see a glimps of what they mean with that.

HMS_Birmingham #147 Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13852 battles

It was my understanding from the notes that all removed or incompatable for tier equipment becomes class 1. So eg: optics what you paid 500k for becomes a 600k item. As when you sell anything you loose 50%. So in essence you actually gain 50k when selling under the new 2.0 update and also anything incompatible is removed to depot free.

YourBestFriend_2016 #148 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23289 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 27 June 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

It was my understanding from the notes that all removed or incompatable for tier equipment becomes class 1. So eg: optics what you paid 500k for becomes a 600k item. As when you sell anything you loose 50%. So in essence you actually gain 50k when selling under the new 2.0 update and also anything incompatible is removed to depot free.

Intresting math.

When you have to sell equipment for half the price you will lose big time for selling an equipment piece.  Regardless of the new price.

At that for over hunderd of tanks....

Edited by YourBestFriend_2016, 27 June 2020 - 09:53 AM.

grasho #149 Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 27 June 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

An alternative point of view is that I currently have equipment for 240 tanks, used on 240 tanks and, after the transition, I have equipment for 240 tanks used on 200 tanks.  That means equipment for 40 tanks, equipment I have bought, now lying useless in my depot and unlikely to be ever used. Equipment worth 30 to 40 million silver that I have bought as a result of significant time, effort and real money that will now never be used.  Of course, I can recoup some of the investment I have made by selling them all at a loss of, say, 15 to 20 million silver.

A huge loss as a result of something WG claims will benefit me.  

WG.  Perfecting it’s BOHICA approach to customers since 2010

Bordhaw #150 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16380 battles

View PostYourBestFriend_2016, on 26 June 2020 - 10:32 PM, said:

Simple for us, difficult for WG.

And this is only the equipment change.

Crew 2.0 still to come. They promised that people would be compensated in a good way for crew 2.0. Now with the plans they show with the equipment we can see a glimps of what they mean with that.

It will be another uncalled for disaster and that is without knowing anything.

As I said before it's not that hard to update the equipment, remove those that nobody uses and a add few new pieces. Simple.

Instead WG give as usual over complicated changes that nobody has asked for and nobody wants. Mistakenly sold to "the players" that it will be beneficial to new players. A further example of WG totally not understanding the "player base".

HMS_Birmingham #151 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13852 battles

Have WG also been trying new sounds in equipment 2.0 ??

Can't say I'm all that fussed for some of the new ones. Loading the barrel sound like someone tapping a ping pong bat over the end of a length of PVC drain pipe. The repair noises are cheesy but I guess help as an audible reference to the fact repairs are being done on the tank so your not clueless to the reason your tank won't move or shoot. I kinda like the turbo sound but I want more grunty engines and more meat to a shell being fired while in sniper mode. Something like the thunder you get when unloading twin barrels on the IS3 II. I like the bounce we already have but have never got the bleep? sound when receiving critical hits or that tin sound when penned.

I'm assuming these sounds in the game have some authenticity to them? but I'd like more drama to the experience. Soundtracks and effects in movies add emotion. I wanna feel my [edited]drop out when I get hit by an E100 not the crappy sound we do get. I wanna get joy from the sound of firing my gun even if RNG is saying FU

It may just be me but are they also experimenting with a max of 2 arty in games ???

Edited by HMS_Birmingham, 27 June 2020 - 11:58 AM.

HMS_Birmingham #152 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13852 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 27 June 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

Instead WG give as usual over complicated changes that nobody has asked for and nobody wants. Mistakenly sold to "the players" that it will be beneficial to new players. A further example of WG totally not understanding the "player base".

Mistakenly sold to "the players" that it will be beneficial to new players

Could not agree with you more on this!! To help new players we are going to increase the HP of low tier vehicles and give you MORE SHELLS TO SPAM credits on!!!!!! Less profit per game as RNG will FU over for a 1/3 longer than it would have before patch 1.9  Don't worry though as we will reduce repair costs by X% so your not even more worse off for playing those low tiers where you shouldn't be at a credit loss every time your in a bottom tier game.

WG did not do this for any other reason than to dwindle your credits and encourage noobs to buy premium time or tanks. They should do away with the BS slogan that this game is free and just charge a subscription and offer us better gaming experience rather than all these underhand tactics to frustrate people in to buying stuff off them. If you charge a fair price and improve the game to see a return for your real money investment then there should be a steady income to be made for WG and a game that treats it's customers like real people and not like some lab rat to find the easiest way to make money from. Offer free subscriptions of 1mth to new player accounts then charge 6mth to 12mth there after with discounts for the longer you have.

Edited by HMS_Birmingham, 27 June 2020 - 12:20 PM.

TTG1 #153 Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41756 battles
  • [W-E-L] W-E-L

So I think it is OK to save money and use beta testers even thou WG are million dollar making company. The reward for our work and wasted time should be a little better than 1 premium day. Many of us would rather spend whole day (download+test+adjusting client) playing regular game and increasing their progress in WOT.

Second test iteration looks better, but in current state I would say the old system is more simple, intuitive and easier to use. There are many things which should be reworked.

1. Consumables

Removing consumables for tier I is OK, first tier don't pay for repairs.

Removing consumables slots for tiers II-III is not good decision. It only looks so, but it doesn't lead to creating good habits for players in using consumables. It creates even some imbalance between tiers and it is useless to adjust vehicle characteristics because of less consumables slots. As player gets experience in game, he learns to use consumables automatically. After such player returns to begin a new line of tanks, the game experience would be bad, because the controller setup changes. For example I would be still pushing 6 key for fire extinguisher even thou low tier is lacking that slot. The easiest solution is to give new players for example 50 piece of each small consumable and they could start to use them as they will.

2. Equipment

Merging equipment is a good step. Lowering equipment price for low tiers is good. Enabling only 1 bonus slot is good too.

Equipment previously demountable for free should be removed for credits instead of gold. It is mostly used by beginners and some small credit fee will not ruin them and will prevent using one set of equipment for all vehicles for free.

Enable each vehicle class to choose from two categories for bonus slot.

That will allow some diversity and will suite different playstyles. For example attack cannons are played differently than other tank destroyers.

- Heavy tanks: survivability/mobility           (I would play differently AMX 50B than Conqueror)           

- Medium tanks: mobility/survivability        (I would play differently Superpershing than Indian Panzer)

- Light tanks: scouting/mobility                  (I would play differently wheeled vehicles than american lights ) 

- Tank destroyers: firepower/survivability  (I would play differently Grille than JGE100)

- SPGs: firepower/(mobility)

3. Enable use of bonus slot from tier V.

Tier V do not meet tier III anymore so I think it should be OK to enable the use of bonus slot from this tier up.

There are quite many premium vehicles, which are sold for gold, real money or bonds. Tier V premium vehicles are quite affordable for beginners and it was even my choice to buy tier V premium vehicle first.

If I invest real money into my first higher tier premium tank and find out I got inferior goods, I would feel disappointed. If seller cheat me once, I would think hard, if I should support this seller with my money anymore.

Sandbox server bug: All tier II-V vehicles display message "Equipment and slot categories do not match" regardless of equipment selected.

4. Interface changes

Garage: Removing modules is OK. Shell icons are quite small and ammo numbers tiny. Make ammunition numbers at least so big as they are in battle.

Consumables and Equipment:  I think only equipment filter is good. Interface with huge tiles is a mess and very far from easy and intuitive use.

I have tiny slot icons at the bottom and huge tiles above them. When I click some slot, I have to search, which tile is highlighted.

Moving anything from side slot to another by searching another highlighted equipment and clicking arrows is a nightmare.

Very easy solution to this interface is to make slots row (1-3) at the top or bottom of the screen which will show slots with equipment/consumables regardless of selected filter. Allow drag and drop of the tiles to the slots. Changing equipment/consumables order between slots could be done much easier with arrows, when they are in a row and not placed all over the screen, where I have to search them. 

5. Conversion

Currently presented conversion system is not good and it looks like attempt to make money at any cost. I am left with many vehicles with some removed and some converted equipment. Why should I pay money for removing equipment and using new ones because the game has changed?

It would be fair to remove all equipment from vehicles to depot for free and convert it to highest class possible or sell all non bounty equipment for full price. Some few demounting kits are useless, I will need huge amount of them - like number of vehicles X 3. Demounting equipment and changing order on my 100 tanks will take probably days and I get no compensation for that wasted time. Adding new equipment to empty slots would be faster.

Edited by TTG1, 27 June 2020 - 05:45 PM.

grasho #154 Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

If Equip 2.0 were to go ahead, and WG reduce the number of equipment slots for lower tiers, the fairest solution for those players (such as myself) with lots of fully equipped low tier tanks is to remove that equipment from the tank free of charge and, instead of putting it into depot, remove it from the player’s account and refund the original silver price to the player.  That means we don’t end up with a depot full of equipment that probably will never be used (it’ll take us years to add enough new tanks to our garages - until then, the depot equipment is useless), don’t lose half our investment by selling them, and also means we do not profit as we will just end up with the silver we would have had if we hadn’t bought the equipment in the first place.

Also, does anyone know how equipment that is our depots will convert to the new classes?  The Sandbox 1 announcement suggests all equipment on low tier tanks will convert to class 1 equipment.  But it does not say anything about equipment in our depot.  If they convert to class 1, they may still be useful.  If they convert to class 3, I might as well get rid of them now as all my low tier tanks will be fully equipped (with their single piece :P)

Kevirus #155 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33364 battles
  • [TR4GE] TR4GE

Edit: This also applies to Binocs, Cammo net and Toolboxes. Who actually uses these in Tier 8-10? Perhaps in 1 or 2 cases. And now the FTP player is saddled up with 4 Tier 3 Binocs (or other equipment) that they can't use and have to sell at a lower price than they paid for.

Sounds simple, but WG knows they would disrupt their whole economy that way, players like me for example who basically only buys equipment on discounts would GAIN MILLIONS like that, i would wait for the next special to keep tens of millions or more on my account, so I'm sorry but WG would never do that, however one solution would be to directly make a special at launch of equipment 2.0 of 50% off and maybe even selling for the same price so people can swap out equipment

I do think it's essential that every equipment is demounted to depot for free at launch, in the Sandbox i ended up with a lot of Class 1 equipment on lowtier tanks that are basically wasted credits with the update, also changing setups to be more competitive with new equipment that wasn't available before should be free, WG shouldn't take gold for that or atleast give a minimum of 1 Demounting KIT per tank that you own, not just "some"

grasho #156 Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostKevirus, on 27 June 2020 - 08:23 PM, said:

Sounds simple, but WG knows they would disrupt their whole economy that way,

Oh dear, how sad, never mind...:D

As WG are initiating the change, as I haven’t asked for the change, as I don’t support this change, why should I lose out (to the tune of 15m - 20m silver) because others (like yourself) may gain a gazillion silver?

This is a WG idea, they should take the hit.

Or they could keep 3 equipment slots on all tanks and this whole problem goes away.

YourBestFriend_2016 #157 Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23289 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

View PostKevirus, on 27 June 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

Sounds simple, but WG knows they would disrupt their whole economy that way, players like me for example who basically only buys equipment on discounts would GAIN MILLIONS like that, i would wait for the next special to keep tens of millions or more on my account, so I'm sorry but WG would never do that, however one solution would be to directly make a special at launch of equipment 2.0 of 50% off and maybe even selling for the same price so people can swap out equipment

I do think it's essential that every equipment is demounted to depot for free at launch, in the Sandbox i ended up with a lot of Class 1 equipment on lowtier tanks that are basically wasted credits with the update, also changing setups to be more competitive with new equipment that wasn't available before should be free, WG shouldn't take gold for that or atleast give a minimum of 1 Demounting KIT per tank that you own, not just "some"

WG can simply say to fully refund all equipment stored on tanks and only a limited amount (e.g. 5) of the ones in depot. this would prevent people stock pilling equipment for profit and would not let players lose huge amounts of credits.

Off topic. I yesterday found out I could buy a whole new game on steam for 40 euro. A whole game, not just a tank! Can  you beleave that?

Erwin_Von_Braun #158 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46461 battles

View PostDwigt, on 24 June 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

Regarding the Bounty and Improved equipment, we are aware of how we presented it when we launched the battle pass. We'll see what the final decision will be but for now we count on your feedback!

Hi Dwight

Regarding the Bounty Equipment - any news on this yet?

I only ask because the answer dictates whether, or not, I spend a considerable amount of gold on the Improved Battle Pass for season 2.

Don't want to be wasting a tonne of resource chasing something that isn't worth it.:)

(Yes, I know the IBP brings other goodies, but it's the equipment that most folk are interested in).

ageens #159 Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16979 battles
  • [LVGD] LVGD

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 27 June 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

I do not get this genius math for tanks I am intended to play, because I still have to sell item for 300k and to get 300k more just to fill the slot.

In my imagination, this works "positive" if I buy tier 1, 2 (because they are cheap or use other tiers I have but not want to play anymore) tanks and stuff them full with incompatible modules which I have in the garage before update. ONLY THEN I will be having -200k per item instead of -250k. But I do not see, how to claim -200k is actual profit of +50k...

upd.

opinon 2: there will be 1-2 Premium tank(s) with bond equipment, and I will play only those for a while.

1.Because all this discussion is useless, bond eq is king.

2. I will need loads of coin, if I have to change my eq on other tanks.

upd.2

Given, if I return to tanks.

Edited by ageens, 28 June 2020 - 02:46 PM.

guest273 #160 Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

Personal opinion - they should not touch the game, there's too big of a chance to make it only worse now. They should only add new modes and do proper bug fixes and minor balance tweaks + rotate the maps a bit.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users