• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Kevirus #161 Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33364 battles
  • [TR4GE] TR4GE

View Postgrasho, on 28 June 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

As WG are initiating the change, as I haven’t asked for the change, as I don’t support this change, why should I lose out (to the tune of 15m - 20m silver) because others (like yourself) may gain a gazillion silver?

View PostYourBestFriend_2016, on 28 June 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

WG can simply say to fully refund all equipment stored on tanks and only a limited amount (e.g. 5) of the ones in depot. this would prevent people stock pilling equipment for profit and would not let players lose huge amounts of credits.

Again, WG won't disrupt the economy if there are other ways around it and ofcourse they are a business and try to profit of the people that can't wait for a 50% off weekend.
But i do think it hey should start off with a 50% discount directly.

View PostYourBestFriend_2016, on 28 June 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

Off topic. I yesterday found out I could buy a whole new game on steam for 40 euro. A whole game, not just a tank! Can  you beleave that?

Right now is even Steamsale, you can get some tripleA games for 15€ even.
WoT is Free but you also have the free choice to spend as much as you want in the game, get tanks with marathons or pay directly 40€ for a tank.

grasho #162 Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostKevirus, on 28 June 2020 - 08:03 PM, said:

Again, WG won't disrupt the economy if there are other ways around it...

Irrelevant. :teethhappy:

WG’s proposed solution (move surplus equipment to the depot and upgrade it to class 1) will disrupt the game economy anyway. I’m just asking that the inevitable economy disruption doesn’t give me a huge loss on my huge investment in this game.  Giving me a choice of having equipment worth 40m silver sat in my depot (never to be used) or selling at a loss of 20m silver is a huge loss either way.

My choice would be to sell the equipment at a loss.  Even so, doing that would still give me a 20m silver boost, meaning I won’t need to buy a premium account for a long time and I won’t need to grind for (or buy) silver for a very long time.  There will be a large number of other players also getting a multi-million silver boost from the removal / upgrades, meaning a lot of suddenly very silver rich players.

That means disruption to the game economy and WG’s income.  

If those players feel they’ve been screwed over by WG (at the same time WG needs to recover from the hit to their income caused by their change) then those players are less likely to put real money into the game, creating an even bigger hit to WG’s economy.

WG can take a hit and alienate its players by forcing the players to take a loss, WG can take a hit and not alienate its players by not forcing the players to take a huge loss, or WG can avoid taking a hit by keepIng 3 equip slots on all tanks (negating this particular problem as well as the +/-2 mm equipment problem) and come up with a different solution.

My suggestion is to get rid of unloved equipment, introduce new equipment, get rid of categorisation bonus slots, and revamp and increase the use of Directives to bring in performance boosts to equipment.

YourBestFriend_2016 #163 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23289 battles
  • [_AOF_] _AOF_

View Postgrasho, on 28 June 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

Irrelevant. :teethhappy:

WG’s proposed solution (move surplus equipment to the depot and upgrade it to class 1) will disrupt the game economy anyway. I’m just asking that the inevitable economy disruption doesn’t give me a huge loss on my huge investment in this game.  Giving me a choice of having equipment worth 40m silver sat in my depot (never to be used) or selling at a loss of 20m silver is a huge loss either way.

My choice would be to sell the equipment at a loss.  Even so, doing that would still give me a 20m silver boost, meaning I won’t need to buy a premium account for a long time and I won’t need to grind for (or buy) silver for a very long time.  There will be a large number of other players also getting a multi-million silver boost from the removal / upgrades, meaning a lot of suddenly very silver rich players.

That means disruption to the game economy and WG’s income.  

If those players feel they’ve been screwed over by WG (at the same time WG needs to recover from the hit to their income caused by their change) then those players are less likely to put real money into the game, creating an even bigger hit to WG’s economy.

WG can take a hit and alienate its players by forcing the players to take a loss, WG can take a hit and not alienate its players by not forcing the players to take a huge loss, or WG can avoid taking a hit by keepIng 3 equip slots on all tanks (negating this particular problem as well as the +/-2 mm equipment problem) and come up with a different solution.

My suggestion is to get rid of unloved equipment, introduce new equipment, get rid of categorisation bonus slots, and revamp and increase the use of Directives to bring in performance boosts to equipment.

Well the current proposal already made that I put spending money on the game on hold. I guess I will not be the only one, and I guess more people follow when they realize what is proposed for equipment 2.0 and still the creww 2.0 to come. 

ModuloNull #164 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27171 battles

OK, I have refrained from commenting on this until I finished the part II testing. I have now done so and erm..... yea....

ALL my testing was done with STANDARD KIT and NO directives or Gold ammo, thus a plain standard setup.

Mainly so I can see what base effects would show and for those FTP players who don't have the cash to spend.

One noticeable point to take, I spent over 5 million silver kitting out many vehicles, some several times over. And each time

having to demount each item for 10 Gold.  So lets make it clear - I believe this will be an expensive exercise for the PLAYERS!

I tested many setup iterations for various tanks and I actually SPENT MORE TIME THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO FIT THAN PLAYING.

Particularly as the GAME PLAY HAS NOT CHANGED with these new kit updates, they still result in circa 5 min turbo games and

15 - 0 ~ 6 turbo rollovers.

So if you have hundreds of tanks, then I am afraid to say, you will be out of action for quite some time procrastinating over what

would be most beneficial to fit to a particular tank and what 'role' you want it to do (IF you want to depart from Vent/Ram/Vert Stab).

Some of the kit do not seem to have any beneficial feel to the tank.  The 'Modified Configuration' and hardening did nothing to

for the Super Conqueror, or at least nothing I could see/feel.  I tried it with Rammer, Vents, Optics, Turbo, Improved Aim Unit 1

etc, and nothing really stood out.  I think I would probably forgo the 'extra bonus' slot and just fit  the usual, Vent, Rammer, Vert Stabs.

Saying that, the Turbo did at least allow me to attain 39.3kph, thus keep within touching distance of the faster heavies and Meds.

The T-50-2 was the hardest to work out.  What do 99% of players do with this tank!  They us it as a harassing scout and/or sniper.

I tried a LOT of combos with this and it boiled down to either building a stealthy option or fast harasser.

The Turbo makes the tank very skittery, meaning, it slides very very easily with slightest of turns from straight, thus can/may cause

problems for some regards fast handling.  The Exhaust, Camo Net, Bino combination works well enough as a totally passive scout.

But does not allow firing unless you are totally sure of not being spotted.  The Grousers option worked OK with Vents/Rammer as

it obtained better grip in the turns.  Fitting the Turbo with the Grousers did not diminish the sliding effect.

Overall, I found it difficult to decide on what to fit for this tank as it could be costly to keep changing between passive and aggressor

depending on your mood at the time.

Now, here is a thing. I have my IS-3 CURRENTLY setup on the live servers with Vent, Rammer, Wet Ammo Rack, due to having LOTS

of ammo racking.  This helped, along with having the 100% safe stowage crew option.  The new kit options do not (for me currently)

have any better advantages.  More testing (if I can get it in) to be done, as little to report on it presently.

I did not bother with the IS-4, IT IS TOTAL WAST OF TIME TAKING IT OUT OF THE GARAGE as it's not competitive anymore.

The Obj-430 I fitted varying combos, but Improved Rotation/Rammer/Vents was the best compromise I could get. Giving me

413 View range and 761 Radio with a RoF 7.49 and loading of 8.01 sec. Vehicle traverse went up to 63.78 (from 57) and gun

traverse 46.61 (from 41.43). Basically very similar stats to current live servers with exception of much improved rotation.

Overall, I think the improved rotation option may be a good choice for a lot of vehicles, but you must be aware that it does have

some side effects or should that be brain re-calibration effect, in that the vehicle turns much, much quicker and if you are in

sniper mode in a turret-less vehicle, you can very easily (very easily) overshoot your mark, thus have to rotate back to adjust,

thus losing precious time and increasing the chance you get hit instead.  I found this happened to me in the Tier X, Jagtiger a few

times.

I came to the conclusion that the new 'Survivability' options are really not worth bothering with.  I would rather choose an option

that I know or can see gives me some benefit (Rammer, Improved Rotation, Vent etc), or something that works in all situations,

like the Vents, Rammmer.

Side notes from Sandbox game play:

Those clown cars are still ruining the game.  They dominate attention leaving you open to a fast track back to the garage.

In one game I hit an EBR90, damaging its suspension and it did nothing to slow it down at all.

Arty:  again, they are still far too accurate. AND having 3 on a team totally screws the game up, even more so with clown cars zooming

round spotting and shooting your rear while arty drops perfect hits on top. Game play is stifled and makes flowing movements

less likely to happen.  I got hit square on by 2 arty in succession, taking a large chunk of hp off me, their accuracy was astonishing.

Maps:  Please, please, please Delete OR Update 'Ensk' and 'Paris'.  They are the same boring corridor play every game.

Either that or bring back some of the older original maps (updated with cover options),  making the random choice larger.

Lastly.  As I have iterated in the first test, these kit changes do not make the game any better or fundamentally change it.

To achieve a more fun and balanced game play would require WG to take a serious look at the core of the game.

That is the MM (based on experience levels if possible), maps and above all STOP THE continuous POWER CREEPS.

Players are more keen (I think), to experience good and varied open map designs, not locked in corridors to die.  They

want good sound experiences (Gun Booms, Engine/Track rattles and shell hits).  I was particularly impressed when I first

heard a shell make a 'whistle/whoosh' sound as it just passed very close overhead.

They also would like a more even team 'player experience' match-up so everyone has at least a near equal chance of

playing for longer and actually contributing something to the team effort.

Fast Turbo games get boring.  Being sent back to the garage quickly (fast games) gets boring. Destroying a tank in 1 hit or 2

from full hp due to Power Creep (can) get boring.  Tanks being forced into one particular role when they can do more than one

will not help the game.

So, some of the new kit ideas do work, the combining of forward/revers speed increases (Turbo) was better, the Improved rotation

with reduced dispersion is better.  The Commanders Vision option I found no use for.  Tried it but had no effect I could see,

mainly do to turbo games.  I think it would be better to remove the Gun Rammer totally, thus giving all players an extra

slot/option to use something else.

MiNim333 #165 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4108 battles
  • [WHKD] WHKD

View PostSpringender_Teufel, on 24 June 2020 - 04:49 PM, said:

According to this statement their final day to credit rewards is 26th of June.....lets see!!!

Just to be sure about this. So I just have to download and play the game alot of times and then I get gold for the achievements?

__R4v3n_ #166 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24461 battles
  • [7-GBR] 7-GBR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WCpjfJT5_o

ModuloNull #167 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27171 battles

View Post__R4v3n_, on 29 June 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

The little testing I did with the Commanders Vision system fitted I did not get good maps with lots of bushes and games over very quickly, hence

I thought useless.  But as your link to the video play shows and states, Yes on the right map and right vehicles it is a game breaker.

I may have been a victim of that setup also, as in one game I was taken out promptly from afar and as far as I was aware not even spotted!

Dwigt #168 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1488 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostModuloNull, on 29 June 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

OK, I have refrained from commenting on this until I finished the part II testing. I have now done so and erm..... yea....

ALL my testing was done with STANDARD KIT and NO directives or Gold ammo, thus a plain standard setup.

Mainly so I can see what base effects would show and for those FTP players who don't have the cash to spend.

One noticeable point to take, I spent over 5 million silver kitting out many vehicles, some several times over. And each time

having to demount each item for 10 Gold.  So lets make it clear - I believe this will be an expensive exercise for the PLAYERS!

I tested many setup iterations for various tanks and I actually SPENT MORE TIME THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO FIT THAN PLAYING.

Particularly as the GAME PLAY HAS NOT CHANGED with these new kit updates, they still result in circa 5 min turbo games and

15 - 0 ~ 6 turbo rollovers.

So if you have hundreds of tanks, then I am afraid to say, you will be out of action for quite some time procrastinating over what

would be most beneficial to fit to a particular tank and what 'role' you want it to do (IF you want to depart from Vent/Ram/Vert Stab).

Some of the kit do not seem to have any beneficial feel to the tank.  The 'Modified Configuration' and hardening did nothing to

for the Super Conqueror, or at least nothing I could see/feel.  I tried it with Rammer, Vents, Optics, Turbo, Improved Aim Unit 1

etc, and nothing really stood out.  I think I would probably forgo the 'extra bonus' slot and just fit  the usual, Vent, Rammer, Vert Stabs.

Saying that, the Turbo did at least allow me to attain 39.3kph, thus keep within touching distance of the faster heavies and Meds.

The T-50-2 was the hardest to work out.  What do 99% of players do with this tank!  They us it as a harassing scout and/or sniper.

I tried a LOT of combos with this and it boiled down to either building a stealthy option or fast harasser.

The Turbo makes the tank very skittery, meaning, it slides very very easily with slightest of turns from straight, thus can/may cause

problems for some regards fast handling.  The Exhaust, Camo Net, Bino combination works well enough as a totally passive scout.

But does not allow firing unless you are totally sure of not being spotted.  The Grousers option worked OK with Vents/Rammer as

it obtained better grip in the turns.  Fitting the Turbo with the Grousers did not diminish the sliding effect.

Overall, I found it difficult to decide on what to fit for this tank as it could be costly to keep changing between passive and aggressor

depending on your mood at the time.

Now, here is a thing. I have my IS-3 CURRENTLY setup on the live servers with Vent, Rammer, Wet Ammo Rack, due to having LOTS

of ammo racking.  This helped, along with having the 100% safe stowage crew option.  The new kit options do not (for me currently)

have any better advantages.  More testing (if I can get it in) to be done, as little to report on it presently.

I did not bother with the IS-4, IT IS TOTAL WAST OF TIME TAKING IT OUT OF THE GARAGE as it's not competitive anymore.

The Obj-430 I fitted varying combos, but Improved Rotation/Rammer/Vents was the best compromise I could get. Giving me

413 View range and 761 Radio with a RoF 7.49 and loading of 8.01 sec. Vehicle traverse went up to 63.78 (from 57) and gun

traverse 46.61 (from 41.43). Basically very similar stats to current live servers with exception of much improved rotation.

Overall, I think the improved rotation option may be a good choice for a lot of vehicles, but you must be aware that it does have

some side effects or should that be brain re-calibration effect, in that the vehicle turns much, much quicker and if you are in

sniper mode in a turret-less vehicle, you can very easily (very easily) overshoot your mark, thus have to rotate back to adjust,

thus losing precious time and increasing the chance you get hit instead.  I found this happened to me in the Tier X, Jagtiger a few

times.

I came to the conclusion that the new 'Survivability' options are really not worth bothering with.  I would rather choose an option

that I know or can see gives me some benefit (Rammer, Improved Rotation, Vent etc), or something that works in all situations,

like the Vents, Rammmer.

Side notes from Sandbox game play:

Those clown cars are still ruining the game.  They dominate attention leaving you open to a fast track back to the garage.

In one game I hit an EBR90, damaging its suspension and it did nothing to slow it down at all.

Arty:  again, they are still far too accurate. AND having 3 on a team totally screws the game up, even more so with clown cars zooming

round spotting and shooting your rear while arty drops perfect hits on top. Game play is stifled and makes flowing movements

less likely to happen.  I got hit square on by 2 arty in succession, taking a large chunk of hp off me, their accuracy was astonishing.

Maps:  Please, please, please Delete OR Update 'Ensk' and 'Paris'.  They are the same boring corridor play every game.

Either that or bring back some of the older original maps (updated with cover options),  making the random choice larger.

Lastly.  As I have iterated in the first test, these kit changes do not make the game any better or fundamentally change it.

To achieve a more fun and balanced game play would require WG to take a serious look at the core of the game.

That is the MM (based on experience levels if possible), maps and above all STOP THE continuous POWER CREEPS.

Players are more keen (I think), to experience good and varied open map designs, not locked in corridors to die.  They

want good sound experiences (Gun Booms, Engine/Track rattles and shell hits).  I was particularly impressed when I first

heard a shell make a 'whistle/whoosh' sound as it just passed very close overhead.

They also would like a more even team 'player experience' match-up so everyone has at least a near equal chance of

playing for longer and actually contributing something to the team effort.

Fast Turbo games get boring.  Being sent back to the garage quickly (fast games) gets boring. Destroying a tank in 1 hit or 2

from full hp due to Power Creep (can) get boring.  Tanks being forced into one particular role when they can do more than one

will not help the game.

So, some of the new kit ideas do work, the combining of forward/revers speed increases (Turbo) was better, the Improved rotation

with reduced dispersion is better.  The Commanders Vision option I found no use for.  Tried it but had no effect I could see,

mainly do to turbo games.  I think it would be better to remove the Gun Rammer totally, thus giving all players an extra

slot/option to use something else.

Hello ModuloNull,

Thank you for your long feedback and for your time and effort testing these changes. 

I can answer some of your concerns and questions now but the rest will be for our devs to decide how they will implement the changes.

- The wheeled vehicles changes were not tested on this sandbox server. They are now being tested on the supertest server. 

- We are always working on some of the existing maps, reworking old maps and creating newer maps. What changes would you suggest for the Paris or Ensk map?

- The number of artillery in a battle is part of the matchmaking and will affect your strategy and decision taking during the battle. I guess we all hate to get hit by an artillery but it's also a very good to have 1 (or 3) on your team with a proper communication.

The equipment changes were added to fix several problems. Changes are not always bad to the game, overall we think that all these changes will benefit the game and the our players. We hope that it will be a step in the right direction and thank you for your help :)

View PostMiNim333, on 29 June 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

Just to be sure about this. So I just have to download and play the game alot of times and then I get gold for the achievements?

You will get gold on the test server not on the live server. 
After completing all the mission you will get premium days as a reward for your participation :)

Gremlin182 #169 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64360 battles

Just had a take a survey message popup in the garage.

So filled that in made a few I hope helpful comments about the sandbox test and later I got a rather nice in game reward.

If this was for taking part thank you very much.

grasho #170 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostDwigt, on 29 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

... overall we think that all these changes will benefit the game and the our players...

That comment suggests that WG have already decided to implement Equip 2.0 before the analysis of feedback and the testing is complete.

As WG’s representative, can you confirm which of the following is the most likely:

1) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will meet the stated objectives (less seal clubbing, less complexity etc)
2) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will go ahead anyway even if it doesn’t meet the stated objectives

3) Equip 2.0 will not be implemented if testing and feedback suggests players don’t want it.

ModuloNull #171 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27171 battles

View PostModuloNull, on 29 June 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

[SNIPPED]

Correction to Silver spend, I stated over 5 million, that should have read 11 million (36 down to 25).

Dwight:

Many thanks for your reading of my post and commenting back, a first for me on this forum since I joined the game in July 2011, very much appreciated.

Also, thanks for clearing up the clown cars point, did not realise they were testing elsewhere also.

Arty: hhmmmm, well, errrr, phew, what, oh yea :(      I think that having 3 arty on 1 team (thus 6 in a game) is way, way, way too much.  In the majority

of games, whoever is driving (camping) the arty, they rarely listen to points directing them to immediate danger etc.  The majority sit with the

eye of the main man upstairs, zooming in on the map and oblivious to taking their head out of zoom mode to notice other things.

A few years ago, one of the big bonuses of arty players was that many practiced an art form know as 'Counter battery', something which is now seemingly

lost.  They would work out the most likely spot the enemy arty would be and blind fire a shell on it, more often than not, getting a hit or a reaction which

lit them up for all to see.  Having 3 arty on a team, stifles game play too much, no matter what map you are on, heavy drivers will still pop out now and then,

but 99% will try to find cover and stay there as much as possible while still wanting to try to fight.

Maps:

Enks is (for me personally) just awful/boring, along with Paris.  It is near enough always the same game play and just a heavy slug fest in the buildings while

the meds/lights bounce around the field/rail yard.  Paris is very similar, heavies go same places, TD's lights/meds go park square etc.

I am not sure how they can be improved (apart from being removed completely), maybe enlarging them would help, as they are both too small; I don't know really.

Bigger maps are much better, as they give more scope for tac-tics and flanking without being continuously pummeled in a tight box.

I think I will have a longer think and some research on this topic to see if I can come up with something - :)

Some of the new equipment changes I think are a good step, the combining of several single items we highlighted in the Sandbox-1 forum into a Sandbox-2 test

seems to have improved things.  I liked the new Rotation equipment as it makes better use of the original little used items and makes sense now.

Same with the Turbo unit.  But some of the items I cannot make sense or see the benefit of (Modified configuration/Hardening etc) as they did not seem to

provide any benefit in testing.

The biggest gripe I and I would also say the large majority of the player base, is the power creep and Turbo games.  No one likes to be in and out of a game

within circa 6 mins with a rollover result of 15 - 0~6 result.  A lot of people have an attention span that will hold out for a stated match time of 15 minutes.

So anything to positively address the Turbo Game issue would be a massive step in the right direction.

OH and best wishes to you in your new post !  (keep your tin hat by your side at all times)

Edited by ModuloNull, 29 June 2020 - 09:49 PM.

OSBTrebek #172 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14730 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Overall I think these changes are good, with some of the new pieces of equipment having great potential. Special mentions go to:

• Modified configuration - the mad lads at wargaming combined each of the CO2 filled tanks, Cyclonic Filters, Wet Ammo Rack, and Toolkit along with a bonus 'get out of jail free' card once per battle. This is now a piece of defensive equipment that is beefy enough to compete, particularly on heavies and armored TDs. Kudos for going for it.
  • Improved hardening now incorporates suspension plus some hp boost, which makes this a nice piece of equipment for anyone handling a stock grind the hard way.
  • Improved rotation mechanism doubled up on gear to give a piece of equipment that looks very promising for turretless TDs
  • The Turbocharger now gathers three pieces of former gear (from the last test) to incorporate engine power plus speed both forward and reverse - I think this one is now viable.

Some pieces of gear I have conflicted feelings about:

• The commander's vision system seems to make traditional light tanks much better, which is good since they are hurting right now with the clown cars. That said, I worry very much about this piece of equipment messing up the fundamentals of concealment, potentially in a way that is very toxic.
  • The radio set now combines the defensive and offensive spotting duration modifiers. I'm OK with this gear but we really need the in game UI modified to show us when we are un-spotted. Right now we have no way of knowing if it's 10, 12, 14, 16, (or in the case of call for vengeance potentially 18) seconds. This is an 80% range that can't be addressed by skill, just random chance.
  • Some specialized slots don't match some vehicles at all - e.g. does a french autoloader heavy want a survival slot?
  • Is it healthy to add even the small amount of power creep from when specialized slots match with what a vehicle does want?
  • Is it healthy to power creep bond and bounty equipment... speaking of which...

I'd like to give this iteration of the sandbox an 'A' grade, but the sleazy behavior regarding bounty equipment no longer being at the same level as improved equipment is a big red flag:

False advertising?

Advertising something then changing the deal after people are sucked in is called a bait and switch. I'm sure if you are considering doing this that the MBAs have already determined that there's a loophole or something because we were buying the 'battle pass' and not the bounty equipment directly. That may be true, but it's still sleazy behavior to attempt this and frankly the community is owed an apology for this even being tried. If you're planning to refund gold spend on the improved passes for players who want it then that's fine, otherwise this is a great way to breed ill will with paying customers.

TTG1 #173 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41756 battles
  • [W-E-L] W-E-L

I received in game survey to the sandbox test today.

Survey is quite long and structured, I was pleasantly surprised.

But it will be useful to display some progress (for example in %), how long the survey is. I was missing the back key too. Therefore I posted some things double time or in a wrong part because I thought the survey would be shorter. And I forgot a few things, because I thought, there would be next section. Or when I checked wrong answer about quality of rammer equipment, there was no possibility to go back and correct it. If you want a litte less work when going through long surveys, add a back/return arrow and finish survey button or progress indicator.

Edited by TTG1, 29 June 2020 - 10:15 PM.

grasho #174 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92436 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostModuloNull, on 29 June 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

Arty: hhmmmm, well, errrr, phew, what, oh yea :(      I think that having 3 arty on 1 team (thus 6 in a game) is way, way, way too much.  In the majority

of games, whoever is driving (camping) the arty, they rarely listen to points directing them to immediate danger etc.  The majority sit with the

eye of the main man upstairs, zooming in on the map and oblivious to taking their head out of zoom mode to notice other things.

A few years ago, one of the big bonuses of arty players was that many practiced an art form know as 'Counter battery', something which is now seemingly

lost.  They would work out the most likely spot the enemy arty would be and blind fire a shell on it, more often than not, getting a hit or a reaction which

lit them up for all to see.  Having 3 arty on a team, stifles game play too much, no matter what map you are on, heavy drivers will still pop out now and then,

It’s off topic, so I’ll keep it brief:

You’re right about arty players not listening to player cues and a lack of counter-battery fire.  As an evil bastard who enjoys playing arty, I think these two problems are linked.  I try to counter-battery but, over the last year or two, counter-battery fire has gotten harder because the fire-trails (that we use to identify where enemy arty is) have become fainter and harder to see.  This means arty players have to stare really hard at a small part of the god-view (which means we don’t see the comments and highlights from the team) or not bother with counter-battery fire.  I don’t know if this faintness is imagined by me, or is an unintended consequence of some graphic change.

ApocalypseH0B0 #175 Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3699 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 29 June 2020 - 05:27 PM, said:

Just had a take a survey message popup in the garage.

So filled that in made a few I hope helpful comments about the sandbox test and later I got a rather nice in game reward.

If this was for taking part thank you very much.

I got the survey but, no reward... What did you get?

:ohmy:

Gremlin182 #176 Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64360 battles

View PostApocalypseH0B0, on 29 June 2020 - 11:18 PM, said:

I got the survey but, no reward... What did you get?

:ohmy:

I was credited with USA UK and Russian rental camo styles X100, assume thats one of each for 100 battles,

If its actually 100 of each I am stunned.

Never used the rental camo before so don't know how the display works in units or battles.

Attached Thumbnails

OSBTrebek #177 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14730 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGremlin182, on 29 June 2020 - 11:45 PM, said:

I was credited with USA UK and Russian rental camo styles X100, assume thats one of each for 100 battles,

If its actually 100 of each I am stunned.

Never used the rental camo before so don't know how the display works in units or battles.

It's cool that you got this, but I think it might be for something else - the only thing they told us we would get on the main server is the chance to take part in the survey and some premium time that I think is meant to say 'thanks' for us using our time on the sandbox server.

Gremlin182 #178 Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64360 battles

View PostOSBTrebek, on 30 June 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

It's cool that you got this, but I think it might be for something else - the only thing they told us we would get on the main server is the chance to take part in the survey and some premium time that I think is meant to say 'thanks' for us using our time on the sandbox server.

I really wasn't sure where it came from it just arrived a short time after completing the survey.

Could have been some other reward certainly never saw it listed in the missions but anything is possible.

beta250trials #179 Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24756 battles
Is the Sandbox server down 

Erwin_Von_Braun #180 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46461 battles

View PostDwigt, on 29 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hello Dwight

Any news on the Bounty Equipment shenanigans?

I'm asking because I'm loathe to spend a lot of gold on the Improved Battle Pass without knowing if the Bounty Equipment is going to be worth it.

I'm also fully aware that the Battle Pass gives other goodies but it's the Bounty Equipment that myself, and a good many others, are interested in :)

View PostOSBTrebek, on 29 June 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

False advertising?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users