• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #181 Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46921 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 30 June 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Hello Dwight

Any news on the Bounty Equipment shenanigans?

I'm asking because I'm loathe to spend a lot of gold on the Improved Battle Pass without knowing if the Bounty Equipment is going to be worth it.

I'm also fully aware that the Battle Pass gives other goodies but it's the Bounty Equipment that myself, and a good many others, are interested in :)

View PostDwigt, on 29 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hi Dwight

Ignoring a simple request for information is just plain rude.

May I have an answer please?

grasho #182 Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93117 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 01 July 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Hi Dwight

To be fair (and having been on the customer service front line myself) he is not the guy who makes the decision, and those who do may not be giving him anything useful to respond with. The silence suggests (to me) that no one in WG even realised there was a problem.  If that is the case, Dwight won’t be able to confirm that as it would embarrass his employer (not a good thing for a “community manager” to do) and won’t be able to deny it as such a denial could get WG into legal trouble if you then used that denial to enter into a transaction that later turns out to be unfair to you.

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #183 Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 714 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS

Greetings,

I know that I'm a newcomer here, with just over 250 games under my belt however, I think that gives me a unique perspective regarding some of the proposed changes in version 2. My best tank thus far is Level 5.

I'll also note that I participated in the sandbox test from June 25th to June 30. 

First of all, the idea of complete elimination of all equipment slots for Level 1 tanks will NOT accomplish the stated objective of making it simpler for a new player start.  In fact will do the exact opposite of its stated intention - it will confuse and bewilder new players. I thank the "gaming god"  that I started what has quickly become one of my favorites games before this backwards change is made.

Players start, for the most part, with Level 1 tanks. (some invite codes throw in a higher tank or two) After this short sighted change they'll have no area to learn what some of the equipment add-ons actually do.  Yeah, you can read about it, but you can't actually play with it until you earn your way up.  If one is going to waste a little coin to experiment a bit, a safer place to do so is in a Level 1 tank playing in a Level 1 match.

And eliminating damage to crew is even worse.  All of a sudden when as player progressed, their crew will start suffering injuries.  And these players will not get the experience of seeing this at Level 1 where injuries and crew damage seem more forgiving, but still exist.

It's clear to even the most casual observer that these changes will not make the game easier to learn for new players.  Someone who's never played the games but had these proposed changes explained to them would even agree.   I've read the forums on this a lot and the consensus is that these changes are just for the sake of change and are poorly thought-out at best, and at worst will destroy new players ability and desire to learn and progress.

It would make a little more sense, but still not the best idea, if instead they went 1 slot for Level 1, two slots for Level 2, and 3 slots for Level 3+.  And that way, for the benefit of new players, the two lowest level's slot availability would match the identity number of the level.

Personally I don't care about what they do with the Directives slot as I don't find that the bang (assistance) is worth the squeeze (cost). Perhaps its more useful with higher level tanks, but that I can't comment on that given my current level.

And don't even get me started on "certain slots for certain equipment" clearly that's a added complexity for all.  Again this is a change that's simply for the sake of change because it makes no logical change at all.  It's a completely random change.

ModuloNull #184 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27575 battles

@MontyPythonFlyingTanks

Nice to see some interesting comments from those who are still at the lower levels (ie: just joined etc), helps put into perspective the comments of

those that have been around a while longer.

I can understand the WG's idea of wanting to make some of the less/zero used equipment more useful to the tankers as just about everyone

has what has become the 'norm' or standard load-out of Vent, Rammer, Vert Stab (with the odd adjustment here and there by some).

Having done both Sandbox server testings, the second iteration was better as they listened to comments posted regards Sandbox-1 (which

frankly was a mess), and joined certain equipment into one package.

The new Turbo idea (increased Fwd/Revers/Engine Pwr), I think will become much more useful and used much more, maybe not on every tank,

but certainly on those slower ones needing a little boost.  I don't agree that the turbo should be an option for those stupid clown cars, they are

fast enough as it is already, and to screw the game up more by adding that item to them will kill the games fun/interest factor outright.

The only issue with it, is if fitted to certain, already fast-ish lights, they become very skittish with slightest of turns off the straights.  That is to say

they slide very easily when you make slight moves from a straight line run.  Maybe great in skilled hands though.  Oh and adding New Grousers

to compensate does not stop you sliding.

Similar feelings to the Updated Increase Rotation.  Again, I think this is now a better use of those discreet items in one package and does make

some difference to the vehicle handling now.  I can see a lot more tanks using this, as it enables you to angle your chassis faster as well as turn

the turret faster.  Works well on turret-less TD's too.

I was not sure about the Increased Module Protection option, but having gone back to testing it after I posted my thoughts further back here, I

think it could be useful.  I have Wet Ammo Rack (a single item on live server), installed on my IS-3 to counter the numerous ammo racks I got

and it helped.  Down side, that single option took up a valuable slot.  So now WG have combined several items with it, I guess it will be more

useful now.

Improved Hardening option I have found no use for at all.  It does not seem to provide any better help over a tank without it installed.  It does not

really help against the NEW Arty's astonishing accuracy or 98% of tanks that spam Gold AP rounds etc.  Yes it 'might' help you take 2 more

extra hits, but how often will that actually convert to you carrying/winning the game.

The new Commanders Viewport option should be removed forthwith.  It is a potential game breaker.  What would be the point of having lights or TD's

in the game, who do the spotting for the themselves (TD's) and the team when another vehicle fitted with the new Cmdr Viewport and Radio can

light you up behind your bush from afar, for 14 or 16 or 18 seconds so you become a prompt target of focus and sent back to garage in short order.

It twists the dynamics of the vehicle roles and game.  For a better understanding, look for CC video reviews showing what happens when this item

is fitted to an already stealthy/fast vehicle.

The Updated Grousers option is also now a much better package.  It works well on fast lights/meds where you need to twist/turn to evade shots by

allowing you to maintain your speed better in and after turns (ie: it does not bleed off as drastically as it does currently), so does help to some extent.

Artillery is a sad fact of life in the game, but a vehicle that can help/hinder a flank or even outcome of a game.  The biggest fly in this ointment is that

you can have up to 3 Arty on a side (thus 6 in game).  This I think kills fluid play and flanking chances, particularly on the Sandbox-2 testing as they

are astonishingly accurate, to the point the shells will actually land on top of you more often than not.  Having 3 highly accurate hands of the big man

upstairs slamming down on you makes for a short and frustrating time.

I think there should be a maximum of 2 Artillery per team, not 3 but 2.  This will allow a little more freedom for heavies to move out from cover and

chance a run to another spot or attack before being pummeled from above. Three Arty is overkill/stifling whereas two still makes it hard but allows

more movement and flowing game play.

Regards your idea of 1 slot at tier 1, 2 at 2, 3 at 3 etc, this is what WG have given on the Sandbox testing.  I disagree with this and think all tiers

should have all 3 slots available.  That way, those just starting out can get used to the mix of equipment and test differing setups out, PROVIDING IT

IS CHEAP for them to do so!  I do however agree with you that new players should still experience tank crew injuries etc. at the low tiers.  The

higher you go the more often you experience crew injuries (as well as module damage), and need to be quick to fix them or at least learn to understand

what you can leave to fix later.

Personally, I think how the game looks now is fine, but I DO like the idea of combining certain equipment into one package making it more useful overall.

Thus, I would not mind those being introduced. I don't like all the new ideas/equipment as some will break or alter the game way too much, probably to

the extent of player base diminishing.

What I also don't like is the incessant Power Creep.  It is this above all (besides the broken MM), that is ruining the game.  You now have lights/meds that

can take out higher tier tanks (all classes) with ease, as they have laser guns and high alpha.  Heavies are getting bigger alpha or pen each time also.

Added to this, you have the additional Bonus Slots and Equipment giving an extra percentage advantage. This had made a lot of what were decent

tanks from their inception into something not worth using anymore (eg: IS-4 and many others) as they cannot compete at or near an equal level.  WG do

fix some of them though, as I believe the IS-7 suffered badly at one point but now seems to be a viable option once again, similar thing with E75, used to

be a massive favorite, then all but disappeared.

(Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong - which I may be, who knows)

I guess at the end of the day, how much do you (should you) mess with what is a genius of a game and winning formulae which rakes in the real money

by the millions.  Particularly when they have other titles also bringing in the same.  Too much or too many alterations and you can easily swing the other way.

It's a balancing act to keep the game relevant, interesting and stimulating, not just to attract new players, but to retain the seasoned audience and part

them from their hard earned wages/pocket money etc etc.  So I feel that many of the changes over the years have helped improve the game and the

experience to the player base, but also a lot of changes have altered the game dynamics too much in a negative way.

Graphics, sound, map sizes, physics have all improved massively since inception.  And, it is those maps, sounds, physics that attract the players.  Each

want to pit their skills/abilities against the next man/woman on equal terms.  It's human nature to want to compare oneself against another.

that's enough I think (some comments slightly off direct topic, but relevant I think).

Cheers

Dwigt #185 Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1604 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgrasho, on 29 June 2020 - 08:25 PM, said:

That comment suggests that WG have already decided to implement Equip 2.0 before the analysis of feedback and the testing is complete.

As WG’s representative, can you confirm which of the following is the most likely:

1) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will meet the stated objectives (less seal clubbing, less complexity etc)
2) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will go ahead anyway even if it doesn’t meet the stated objectives

3) Equip 2.0 will not be implemented if testing and feedback suggests players don’t want it.

My comment doesn't confirm that we're implementing the changes as is. What I mean is that we always have good intentions to improve the game proposing any kind of changes. 

I would pick the first one cause it's most likely the best one that describes how we usually work. 

for these I can tell you why they don't match

2) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will go ahead anyway even if it doesn’t meet the stated objectives

- If we want to make some changes to the game no matter if the community likes it or not, why bother making sandbox servers, testing it, surveys... ?

3) Equip 2.0 will not be implemented if testing and feedback suggests players don’t want it.

- If the results of the tests (Forum feedback, Survey results, External platforms, CCs feedback...) show us that the community did not like the changes we are glad to go back the drawing board and reconsider it. You have a perfect example with the HE and Shells rebalancing. But you should keep in mind that not all the opinions and players are present on the forums. If you see a lot of negativity in some threads this doesn't reflect the whole community. 

View PostTTG1, on 29 June 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

I received in game survey to the sandbox test today.

Survey is quite long and structured, I was pleasantly surprised.

But it will be useful to display some progress (for example in %), how long the survey is. I was missing the back key too. Therefore I posted some things double time or in a wrong part because I thought the survey would be shorter. And I forgot a few things, because I thought, there would be next section. Or when I checked wrong answer about quality of rammer equipment, there was no possibility to go back and correct it. If you want a litte less work when going through long surveys, add a back/return arrow and finish survey button or progress indicator.

I heard that it's a long survey but it's well organized and our devs count on it to evaluate the changes :)

So thank you for participating and filling the survey!

View PostApocalypseH0B0, on 29 June 2020 - 10:18 PM, said:

I got the survey but, no reward... What did you get?

:ohmy:

It should normally arrive within the next 14 days. Keep an eye on the notification center. Thank you for your participation :honoring:

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 01 July 2020 - 05:03 PM, said:

Hi Dwight

Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier but like someone already replied to you, at this stage we do not have any additional information regarding the improved and bounty equipment changes or equipment 2.0 in general. 

We count on your feedback and the results of the survey :)

View PostMontyPythonFlyingTanks, on 02 July 2020 - 02:41 AM, said:

Greetings,

I know that I'm a newcomer here, with just over 250 games under my belt however, I think that gives me a unique perspective regarding some of the proposed changes in version 2. My best tank thus far is Level 5.

I'll also note that I participated in the sandbox test from June 25th to June 30. 

First of all, the idea of complete elimination of all equipment slots for Level 1 tanks will NOT accomplish the stated objective of making it simpler for a new player start.  In fact will do the exact opposite of its stated intention - it will confuse and bewilder new players. I thank the "gaming god"  that I started what has quickly become one of my favorites games before this backwards change is made.

Players start, for the most part, with Level 1 tanks. (some invite codes throw in a higher tank or two) After this short sighted change they'll have no area to learn what some of the equipment add-ons actually do.  Yeah, you can read about it, but you can't actually play with it until you earn your way up.  If one is going to waste a little coin to experiment a bit, a safer place to do so is in a Level 1 tank playing in a Level 1 match.

And eliminating damage to crew is even worse.  All of a sudden when as player progressed, their crew will start suffering injuries.  And these players will not get the experience of seeing this at Level 1 where injuries and crew damage seem more forgiving, but still exist.

It's clear to even the most casual observer that these changes will not make the game easier to learn for new players.  Someone who's never played the games but had these proposed changes explained to them would even agree.   I've read the forums on this a lot and the consensus is that these changes are just for the sake of change and are poorly thought-out at best, and at worst will destroy new players ability and desire to learn and progress.

It would make a little more sense, but still not the best idea, if instead they went 1 slot for Level 1, two slots for Level 2, and 3 slots for Level 3+.  And that way, for the benefit of new players, the two lowest level's slot availability would match the identity number of the level.

Personally I don't care about what they do with the Directives slot as I don't find that the bang (assistance) is worth the squeeze (cost). Perhaps its more useful with higher level tanks, but that I can't comment on that given my current level.

And don't even get me started on "certain slots for certain equipment" clearly that's a added complexity for all.  Again this is a change that's simply for the sake of change because it makes no logical change at all.  It's a completely random change.

Hey Monty,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm really interested to hear what new players think about these changes. Note that these are not the final changes. 

As a new player yourself, you've probably struggled a lot to get a grip on some basic mechanics of the game because your tank was destroyed very early in the battle. This is why we increased the HP and Ammo Rack on low tier tanks. 

We think that as a newcomer you have other things than crew and module damage to focus on like, aiming, bouncing, positioning. Tier 2 3 are not that hard to reach. Also as a newcomer you don't have enough credit to waste on equipment that costs 50k or even more. 

Regarding the category bonus, it's a way to help you chose the right equipment to your tank. You can still equip another piece but you will not get the bonus. 

Again this is how we think it would improve the game but we count on your feedback to know if we're heading in the right direction :)

grasho #186 Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93117 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

Dwigt

Thanks for the responses.  I think part of the problem is that many of us don’t trust WG as we’ve seen too many destructive changes over the years; changes that players and testers said were poor but which WG persisted with.  In addition, WG makes these changes whilst failing to tackle long-standing problems (e.g. corridor maps that force everyone to fight impenetrable tanks head-on).

It often feels like WG find the long-standing problems boring and think shiny stuff will distract us from the underlying faults.

It doesn't distract us.

Edited by grasho, 02 July 2020 - 03:08 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #187 Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46921 battles

View Postgrasho, on 01 July 2020 - 06:05 PM, said:

To be fair (and having been on the customer service front line myself) he is not the guy who makes the decision, and those who do may not be giving him anything useful to respond with. The silence suggests (to me) that no one in WG even realised there was a problem.  If that is the case, Dwight won’t be able to confirm that as it would embarrass his employer (not a good thing for a “community manager” to do) and won’t be able to deny it as such a denial could get WG into legal trouble if you then used that denial to enter into a transaction that later turns out to be unfair to you.

I understand that fully (have worked in customer services myself for many years).

Having said that, a simple "I have no idea" would suffice, instead of being ignored.

Largely irrelevant now though as such a statement has been forthcoming :)

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #188 Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 714 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS

View PostModuloNull, on 02 July 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

@MontyPythonFlyingTanks

Nice to see some interesting comments from those who are still at the lower levels (ie: just joined etc), helps put into perspective the comments of

those that have been around a while longer.

I can understand the WG's idea of wanting to make some of the less/zero used equipment more useful to the tankers as just about everyone

has what has become the 'norm' or standard load-out of Vent, Rammer, Vert Stab (with the odd adjustment here and there by some).

Having done both Sandbox server testings, the second iteration was better as they listened to comments posted regards Sandbox-1 (which

frankly was a mess), and joined certain equipment into one package.

The new Turbo idea (increased Fwd/Revers/Engine Pwr), I think will become much more useful and used much more, maybe not on every tank,

but certainly on those slower ones needing a little boost.  I don't agree that the turbo should be an option for those stupid clown cars, they are

fast enough as it is already, and to screw the game up more by adding that item to them will kill the games fun/interest factor outright.

The only issue with it, is if fitted to certain, already fast-ish lights, they become very skittish with slightest of turns off the straights.  That is to say

they slide very easily when you make slight moves from a straight line run.  Maybe great in skilled hands though.  Oh and adding New Grousers

to compensate does not stop you sliding.

Similar feelings to the Updated Increase Rotation.  Again, I think this is now a better use of those discreet items in one package and does make

some difference to the vehicle handling now.  I can see a lot more tanks using this, as it enables you to angle your chassis faster as well as turn

the turret faster.  Works well on turret-less TD's too.

I was not sure about the Increased Module Protection option, but having gone back to testing it after I posted my thoughts further back here, I

think it could be useful.  I have Wet Ammo Rack (a single item on live server), installed on my IS-3 to counter the numerous ammo racks I got

and it helped.  Down side, that single option took up a valuable slot.  So now WG have combined several items with it, I guess it will be more

useful now.

Improved Hardening option I have found no use for at all.  It does not seem to provide any better help over a tank without it installed.  It does not

really help against the NEW Arty's astonishing accuracy or 98% of tanks that spam Gold AP rounds etc.  Yes it 'might' help you take 2 more

extra hits, but how often will that actually convert to you carrying/winning the game.

The new Commanders Viewport option should be removed forthwith.  It is a potential game breaker.  What would be the point of having lights or TD's

in the game, who do the spotting for the themselves (TD's) and the team when another vehicle fitted with the new Cmdr Viewport and Radio can

light you up behind your bush from afar, for 14 or 16 or 18 seconds so you become a prompt target of focus and sent back to garage in short order.

It twists the dynamics of the vehicle roles and game.  For a better understanding, look for CC video reviews showing what happens when this item

is fitted to an already stealthy/fast vehicle.

The Updated Grousers option is also now a much better package.  It works well on fast lights/meds where you need to twist/turn to evade shots by

allowing you to maintain your speed better in and after turns (ie: it does not bleed off as drastically as it does currently), so does help to some extent.

Artillery is a sad fact of life in the game, but a vehicle that can help/hinder a flank or even outcome of a game.  The biggest fly in this ointment is that

you can have up to 3 Arty on a side (thus 6 in game).  This I think kills fluid play and flanking chances, particularly on the Sandbox-2 testing as they

are astonishingly accurate, to the point the shells will actually land on top of you more often than not.  Having 3 highly accurate hands of the big man

upstairs slamming down on you makes for a short and frustrating time.

I think there should be a maximum of 2 Artillery per team, not 3 but 2.  This will allow a little more freedom for heavies to move out from cover and

chance a run to another spot or attack before being pummeled from above. Three Arty is overkill/stifling whereas two still makes it hard but allows

more movement and flowing game play.

Regards your idea of 1 slot at tier 1, 2 at 2, 3 at 3 etc, this is what WG have given on the Sandbox testing.  I disagree with this and think all tiers

should have all 3 slots available.  That way, those just starting out can get used to the mix of equipment and test differing setups out, PROVIDING IT

IS CHEAP for them to do so!  I do however agree with you that new players should still experience tank crew injuries etc. at the low tiers.  The

higher you go the more often you experience crew injuries (as well as module damage), and need to be quick to fix them or at least learn to understand

what you can leave to fix later.

Personally, I think how the game looks now is fine, but I DO like the idea of combining certain equipment into one package making it more useful overall.

Thus, I would not mind those being introduced. I don't like all the new ideas/equipment as some will break or alter the game way too much, probably to

the extent of player base diminishing.

What I also don't like is the incessant Power Creep.  It is this above all (besides the broken MM), that is ruining the game.  You now have lights/meds that

can take out higher tier tanks (all classes) with ease, as they have laser guns and high alpha.  Heavies are getting bigger alpha or pen each time also.

Added to this, you have the additional Bonus Slots and Equipment giving an extra percentage advantage. This had made a lot of what were decent

tanks from their inception into something not worth using anymore (eg: IS-4 and many others) as they cannot compete at or near an equal level.  WG do

fix some of them though, as I believe the IS-7 suffered badly at one point but now seems to be a viable option once again, similar thing with E75, used to

be a massive favorite, then all but disappeared.

(Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong - which I may be, who knows)

I guess at the end of the day, how much do you (should you) mess with what is a genius of a game and winning formulae which rakes in the real money

by the millions.  Particularly when they have other titles also bringing in the same.  Too much or too many alterations and you can easily swing the other way.

It's a balancing act to keep the game relevant, interesting and stimulating, not just to attract new players, but to retain the seasoned audience and part

them from their hard earned wages/pocket money etc etc.  So I feel that many of the changes over the years have helped improve the game and the

experience to the player base, but also a lot of changes have altered the game dynamics too much in a negative way.

Graphics, sound, map sizes, physics have all improved massively since inception.  And, it is those maps, sounds, physics that attract the players.  Each

want to pit their skills/abilities against the next man/woman on equal terms.  It's human nature to want to compare oneself against another.

that's enough I think (some comments slightly off direct topic, but relevant I think).

Cheers

The Sandbox I loaded (on June 25th) had no slots at Level 1, not at all. If they've changed it to this, "Regards your idea of 1 slot at tier 1, 2 at 2, 3 at 3 etc, this is what WG ....," its a step in the right direction. When I typed that I was thinking it could be offered as a comprise to those who think Level 1 slots should be eliminated. If it was really up to ME, I'd agree with you completely, "I think all tiers should have all 3 slots available."

"I think how the game looks now is fine," - clearly I agree here otherwise this game wouldn't have become such a quick game addiction for me.   I wish many of these changes were smaller in scope, now the way they seem they're major shifts in things.  I'm actually sad about that.

Please don't hate me, but I play SPGs sometimes.  I have a lot to learn but honestly the times that I look most like one of you veterans is when I'm playing my little SU-18 on Level 2.  So I can't agree with the "sad part of life" statement :) However, I totally agree that matches should be limited to two SPG's per side.  Total agreement.  

When I have played higher levels I've seen a lot of 3 SPG & 4 or 5 tank killers on each side.  By their nature SPGs camp, and generally tank killers do to, especially in early to mid-game.  So, if I'm playing SPG I'm not getting many sightings. And if I'm playing a "regular tank" it seems to always end badly in these circumstances, in my limited experience I see a lot of the other team successfully flanking my team in these situations.

A tiny bit off this topic, but just for an insight to my perspective, if I had to self rank my vehicle type by highest skill (that I have so far to lowest skill) I would rank myself:

-SPG
-Light
-Medium
-Heavy
-Tank killers

I always seem to eat dirt with tank killers. I think its because most of them don't have turret traverse angles at all (and that's been hard for me to master) and generally gun depression/elevation angles aren't so hot either.

Thanks to @ModuloNull and everyone else for this great discussion.

Edited by MontyPythonFlyingTanks, 02 July 2020 - 08:37 PM.

MontyPythonFlyingTanks #189 Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 714 battles
  • [B-AS] B-AS

View PostDwigt, on 02 July 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

My comment doesn't confirm that we're implementing the changes as is. What I mean is that we always have good intentions to improve the game proposing any kind of changes. 

I would pick the first one cause it's most likely the best one that describes how we usually work. 

for these I can tell you why they don't match

2) Equip 2.0 will be implemented and will go ahead anyway even if it doesn’t meet the stated objectives

- If we want to make some changes to the game no matter if the community likes it or not, why bother making sandbox servers, testing it, surveys... ?

3) Equip 2.0 will not be implemented if testing and feedback suggests players don’t want it.

- If the results of the tests (Forum feedback, Survey results, External platforms, CCs feedback...) show us that the community did not like the changes we are glad to go back the drawing board and reconsider it. You have a perfect example with the HE and Shells rebalancing. But you should keep in mind that not all the opinions and players are present on the forums. If you see a lot of negativity in some threads this doesn't reflect the whole community. 

I heard that it's a long survey but it's well organized and our devs count on it to evaluate the changes :)

So thank you for participating and filling the survey!

It should normally arrive within the next 14 days. Keep an eye on the notification center. Thank you for your participation :honoring:

Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier but like someone already replied to you, at this stage we do not have any additional information regarding the improved and bounty equipment changes or equipment 2.0 in general. 

We count on your feedback and the results of the survey :)

Hey Monty,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm really interested to hear what new players think about these changes. Note that these are not the final changes. 

As a new player yourself, you've probably struggled a lot to get a grip on some basic mechanics of the game because your tank was destroyed very early in the battle. This is why we increased the HP and Ammo Rack on low tier tanks. 

We think that as a newcomer you have other things than crew and module damage to focus on like, aiming, bouncing, positioning. Tier 2 3 are not that hard to reach. Also as a newcomer you don't have enough credit to waste on equipment that costs 50k or even more. 

Regarding the category bonus, it's a way to help you chose the right equipment to your tank. You can still equip another piece but you will not get the bonus. 

Again this is how we think it would improve the game but we count on your feedback to know if we're heading in the right direction :)

Thank you for your comments on my comments Dwigt.  It's nice to know that someone on staff has at least read my feedback.   Clearly, I'm new but I love this game.  I thought the survey itself was well structured and through.   It's my hope that some player comments will be seriously considered.

Remember when I say this its from a novice with just over 250 games to my credit.  One of the biggest mistakes will be if WOT eliminates crew damage for Level 1 tanks.  For one thing, its not realistic - I know that a game like this has to mix realism with play-ability however I think this is so illogical it will confuse folks.   Secondly I don't think its fair at all to new players to suddenly start damaging their crew on later levels.  And it's clearly not going to make learning the game easier, it will do exactly the opposite.

When I started the game, I thought the tutorial was easy to understand and perfect.  After that tutorial I can't see how someone would have any problem understanding the concept of crew damage.

As for new players not having 50k to sink into an add-on, I really don't agree. Remember that most invite codes are pretty generous. OOOOhhhh that reminds me, most invite codes give the player a "medium-good" tank, I got the Level 5 heavy Excelsior with my invite code.  It would have been 10 TIMES more confusing for me when the crew of that tank started taking damage yet the crew of my MS-1 does not.  What do you tell a new player then?  "Oh we didn';t think you'd understand the concept of crew damage right away even though we gave you a Level 5 tank that suffers it right out of the gate."  One must admit that's very illogical.   Once one considers that very common scenario this change doesn't help a thing, and if enacted, is a change made just for the sake of change, but without purpose.   Clearly it will not help the player learn the game. 

And I just don't agree about reducing or eliminating the slots at any level.  It's counterproductive and will confuse new players, not teach them.

And I want to restate another thought, the tutorial is good, quite good. I'm confused as to how new players are getting confused.

Level 1 tanks last longer in battles with other level 1 tanks. If you're playing other beginners this isn't very true, "As a new player yourself, you've probably struggled a lot to get a grip on some basic mechanics of the game because your tank was destroyed very early in the battle." I see where you're going with that, but I don't fully agree.

Edited by MontyPythonFlyingTanks, 02 July 2020 - 08:20 PM.

Bordhaw #190 Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:33 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles

Hey Monty,

Yes but the lower tiers will meet tiers WITH equipment because the number of slots doesnt balance and you've removed the two "free" pieces of equipment that newer players can use on ALL and ANY of their tanks. I.e. binocs and camo net.

grasho #191 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 93117 battles
  • [1ETR] 1ETR

View PostMontyPythonFlyingTanks, on 02 July 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Please don't hate me, but I play SPGs sometimes.  I have a lot to learn but honestly the times that I look most like one of you veterans is when I'm playing my little SU-18 on Level 2..  

When I have played higher levels I've seen a lot of 3 SPG & 4 or 5 tank killers on each side.  By their nature SPGs camp, and generally tank killers do to, especially in early to mid-game.  So, if I'm playing SPG I'm not getting many sightings.

I always seem to eat dirt with tank killers. I think its because most of them don't have turret traverse angles at all (and that's been hard for me to master) and generally gun depression/elevation angles aren't so hot either.

Playing SPG?  Welcome to the dark side. :hiding:

Joking aside, SPGs can be a really useful training aid: you get to see more of the map, you learn where on the map arty can hit (so you know you can’t seek refuge in those places and understand how to use the terrain better) and you’ll also learn good Tank Destroyer positions by seeing where your enemy parks their TDs.  You also learn what sort of behaviour makes it harder for enemy SPGs to hit (don’t stay still for long, change direction etc.)

You can also learn some evil tricks such looking for falling trees and the little burst of pixels as a hidden tank drives through a bush or fence.  If you time a blind shot just right using those clues, you can really affect the match’s outcome.  (This is why I avoid damaging scenery when driving proper tanks.)  Oh, and once you discover the best firing spots, you’ll also discover enemy SPGs like those spots too, making counter-battery firing viable.

My other advice for newbies is if you use equipment (repair kits, fire extinguisher etc.) always put them in the same slot on each tank to make triggering them more instinctive, and (if you can afford it) always carry 5 gold shells.  (I appreciate that will now mark me as public enemy #1 but, unfortunately, gold shells are part of the game.  Carrying a small amount for emergency use against a particularly stubborn enemy is useful and whilst not getting you into the habit of relying on them.)

Happy hunting. :)

Fozzy50 #192 Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 53225 battles
  • [DB-V] DB-V
PLEASE, WG must tell us all the details about what will change regarding the equipments, everything that will change in the player's garage, tanks and depots, and of course, notify us way early about when that will happen exactly.

tgm_tx #193 Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56404 battles
So you fail to implement shells rebalance but now you change equipment!!!

guest273 #194 Posted 21 July 2020 - 03:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View PostHomer_J, on 23 June 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

And that proves my point.

If you give four slots then you no longer have to choose between optics and vents so every tank will be rammer, optics, vents, and vstab.  Goodbye variety.

The new setup with one specialised slot will encourage heavies at least to think of a different setup since they won't get an extra bonus from any of those four.

Didn't prove anything.

If you have only 3 slots you are thinking which 3 of the 4 desirable equipment pieces to take.

With a specialized slot you put a bond version of rammer/vents/optic on top of the slot so it 'wouldn't give you a minus' if you can't fill it otherwise.

With 4 slots you can sometimes dump the VStab / Optics if you're used to non-pixel perfect gun handling or you have bia + recon + situational + food + vents for the viewrange that maxes at ( let's say 450 ) or whatever value you're comfortable with not having more.

Misago #195 Posted 21 July 2020 - 07:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21256 battles

You need to reduce equipment prices overall. 600k is too much for a single piece of equipment on higher level tanks. At this level you have tanks to buy, maintenance/ammo costs go up, and you often need to spend more on consumables too. How about helping long-term players too?

mpf1959 #196 Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38694 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostDwigt, on 02 July 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

This is what enrages me, yes I did, (as did thousands of others) no one had to change a thing for me, I learnt, and have played ever since. Are you people mad? To pour trash all over the existing player base over what new players might benefit from?

I have also made a point of spending real money, so the company continues to exist, and the game I love (loved) will continue. Now, I get kicked between the legs with crew and equipment 2, thanks a lot WG.

Cant you people see, that what you are actually doing is despising all current players on behalf of new players, so they include: some that ain't here yet and may never arrive, some have been here a short time, and might not even stay anyway? Is this what you consider good business sense?

Well, whether I stay or go, WG don't get any financial support from me from now on, they obviously don't give a damn, and save your words, actions speak much louder, and these changes shout loud and clear that WG dont give a damn about me or any other long term player!

edit: To remind WG of an old truism "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". We are the bird in hand, but can really just decide to fly away, then you must hope that you actually do get the ones in the bush, or end up with none. 

Edited by mpf1959, 22 July 2020 - 01:14 PM.

TheGreatGazoo #197 Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39738 battles

View Postmpf1959, on 22 July 2020 - 12:04 PM, said:

This is what enrages me, yes I did, (as did thousands of others) no one had to change a thing for me, I learnt, and have played ever since. Are you people mad? To pour trash all over the existing player base over what new players might benefit from?

I have also made a point of spending real money, so the company continues to exist, and the game I love (loved) will continue. Now, I get kicked between the legs with crew and equipment 2, thanks a lot WG.

Cant you people see, that what you are actually doing is despising all current players on behalf of new players, so they include: some that ain't here yet and may never arrive, some have been here a short time, and might not even stay anyway? Is this what you consider good business sense?

Well, whether I stay or go, WG don't get any financial support from me from now on, they obviously don't give a damn, and save your words, actions speak much louder, and these changes shout loud and clear that WG dont give a damn about me or any other long term player!

edit: To remind WG of an old truism "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". We are the bird in hand, but can really just decide to fly away, then you must hope that you actually do get the ones in the bush, or end up with none. 

I'm not sure why this surprises you.  Society in general is firmly entrenched in the "everybody gets a trophy" mindset so we have to dumb everything down so that peoples' feels don't get hurt. In this case WG does whatever they think will help them earn more money and, as more long standing players leave because...(insert ebolamobiles, Chieftan, 279, 430U, etc.) WG is trying to get more new players to stay because you know, tanks is hard man  and people want easy.

Gripnir #198 Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26144 battles
  • [BIGOS] BIGOS

Just my 2 cents here:

It about bounty equipment - again I guess.

From my perspective - when it was intruduced - it was supposed to be gear matching purple (obligations) equipment (after upgrade). 

I spent some real money to get gold to buy improved season pass to aquire some of bounty equipment (to save obligations).

I understand that you want to change the rules now, but in my opinion you should  upgrade already players owned bounty equipment to the purple one. 

Otherwise every1 who spent money on it could claim you trying a fraud here (as bounty equipmnet should be purple one equiwalent).

It would be honest approach you really can afford here.

Since change will hit a server it will be clear that we have - lets say -  3 grades of equipment to aquire.

dstv_1 #199 Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3255 battles
  • [-DSI-] -DSI-
Hi, i have participated in all sandbox rounds of Equipment 2.0 Testing, i have completed also the questionnaire  , but i still did not receive a rewards to my main account...why...please help..

Edited by dstv_1, 04 August 2020 - 10:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users