[Sandbox] A New Round of Equipment 2.0 Testing Kicks Off June 25

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Tafute #81 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3046 battles
  • [BTF2] BTF2

What exactly is the point of adding diversity? I used to play a different tank game. Was simple and fun, with different tactics, attack-defense, moving around from cover to cover, etc. But the devs decided to make it more diverse, adding special abilities, artillery 'drones' that give your tank some advantage depending on which you choose, and, surprisingly, different kinds of features that modify guns, something like equipment 2.0. The game lost at least 80% of its playerbase because it became extremely chaotic, just drive forward, spam super abilities and die randomly because of ults/arty. Those are the effects of constant game changes for the sake of keeping up players' interest.

With equipment 2.0, instead of waiting 9 – 11 seconds before peeking behind a hill and taking another shot you might have to wait 15+ seconds because your opponent might be using the new equipment. You will no longer have an idea if you can circle-strafe an enemy IS-7, it will be impossible to time exactly when enemy tanks should arrive at their positions... Unless the update fails its point and there will simply be a new equipment meta, so nothing will have changed besides tank balance.

Diversity doesn't make a good game. Invest in diversity while ignoring gameplay and watch the last players quit, having tried all the features.

Both by playing on the sandbox server and experience in other games I know the potential update is pointless and rather harmful.

Armeida #82 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12508 battles
  • [PUTTY] PUTTY

I like the changes and will definitely give them a try. There's a question where I'm not sure if I was mistaken all the time... especially after reading some pages in this and the previous sandbox thread:

Is there any benefit in having a larger view range than the maximum 445 (or 450?)? E.g. would I have better chances spotting an approaching vehicle when my view range is 480 or 500?

(I think the answer is no... however I'm here to learn)

Homer_J #83 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:24 AM

Field Marshal

• 33920 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCiki_el_Tigre, on 23 June 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

Yes, they said:

"Your reward for completed missions will be credited to your main account within 14 days after Sandbox testing is completed.

The final decision to implement these mechanics has not yet been made! We would like to analyze your feedback on the proposed changes, so feel free to leave all your thoughts on the forum and in a special questionnaire that will be sent via the in-game client after June 8".

Still, NO REWARDS and NO SPECIAL QUESTIONNAIRE  :popcorn:

As I see it sandbox testing is not completed and it's still after June 8th and will be for some months yet.

View PostKapiteinRooibos, on 23 June 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Binos and Camo net still costs credits

Binos up to 600.000 for class 1

My suggestion is to make the binos the same price as the camo net

Even better is for free as it is today.

Binoculars are not free today.

View PostMaltratatoru, on 23 June 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

i'm sorry, my bad, i wasn't clear, i was talking about the fact that on heavys for example, you are forced to mount survivability equipment in a slot, ( if i understand correctly ) to get extra bonus, while tds have firepower slot. why?  i don't want that. why don't pure and simple make a slot in i can mount anything that i want, to get an extra bonus 

You are not forced to mount survivability equipment, you can mount mobility equipment in that slot and get the standard bonus.

View PostArmeida, on 24 June 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

I like the changes and will definitely give them a try. There's a question where I'm not sure if I was mistaken all the time... especially after reading some pages in this and the previous sandbox thread:

Is there any benefit in having a larger view range than the maximum 445 (or 450?)? E.g. would I have better chances spotting an approaching vehicle when my view range is 480 or 500?

(I think the answer is no... however I'm here to learn)

Yes there is a benefit.

If you have 445m view range and the enemy tank has 25% camo you will spot them at 333m.  If you have 550m view range and the enemy has 25% camo you will spot them at 412m. 

The maximum anyone can spot anything regardless of view range and camo is 445m but it is always worth having a view range greater than that.

Bordhaw #84 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16380 battles

View PostKapiteinRooibos, on 23 June 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Binos and Camo net still costs credits

Binos up to 600.000 for class 1

My suggestion is to make the binos the same price as the camo net

Even better is for free as it is today.

Block Quote

Binoculars are not free today.

He doesnt mean free. He means you only need 1 of each and can move them from tank to tank for free. 

Edited by Bordhaw, 24 June 2020 - 09:39 AM.

GrainedFiber #85 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14293 battles
  • [M-L-P] M-L-P
If wanting to encourage different set ups is what you are trying to achieve - why does it still cost gold to demount equipment? I'm not going to pay REAL money just to try out some different setups on the live server

Ciki_el_Tigre #86 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:43 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 69473 battles
  • [WP_OS] WP_OS

View PostHomer_J, on 24 June 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

As I see it sandbox testing is not completed and it's still after June 8th and will be for some months yet.

My suggestion is to extend the Sandbox tests EQ 2.0 for the next few years.

That way many of us will forget what exactly Rewards you promised on first test!

Edited by Ciki_el_Tigre, 24 June 2020 - 10:44 AM.

lolek4311 #87 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22067 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

1. Still bad and needs more changing. Ok its good you went for one slot only giving bonus but you are limiting tanks again as not all tanks in the class are used the same. For example heavy tanks 50B doesn't need survivability slot as its useless for it. So just make it that there is first slot that gives improved values and players can choose any piece of equipment for that.

2. Good job on survivability equipment i feel like the way its now is the only way it can be considered on some tanks.

3. Improved aiming unit not on SPG again good job on that.

4. Making turbocharger even more powerfull by giving it extra speed on top of engine power is so bad i can't describe it. Again this game is too fast as it is making some tanks even better when it comes to taking positions aggro from start is bad. Not to mention the effects this has on competitive side of this game so cw and even advances/skirms. Thinking you limiting it on wheelies is good isn't cause they don't need that anyway. The only scenario i'd say this equipment piece is good at is if you limit it to all other non wheeled light tanks to make them competitive compared to wheelies (mostly valid for higher tiers).

5. Good job on nerfing radio set a bit as 4s was way too long. I still don't like the remove foliage camo effect on the vision system. Imo foliage needs to be fixed first ingame so all bushes work as they should not that some are just there as decoration. And if this gets fixed then that effect is ok but if not then i still think it should be removed.

Maltratatoru #88 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43209 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 24 June 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

You are not forced to mount survivability equipment, you can mount mobility equipment in that slot and get the standard bonus.

no, heavys have survivability slots, while tds and arty have firepower slots. i know i can mount anything that i want in the survivability slot, even a rammer, but i won't get that little bonus that arty and tds will get, when they will mount a rammer in firepower slot.

here, read this : 

After analyzing your feedback, we decided to keep only one category for the first equipment slot for Tier VI–X vehicles. This slot will be assigned depending on the vehicle type. But, as before, it will have one bonus category: Survivability, Firepower, Scouting, or Mobility. Earlier, both slots were determined by the vehicle role, but now, there will be only one slot with a bonus, which will depend on the vehicle type.

For example, heavy tanks will only have one slot for Survivability and light tanks will have one slot for Scouting.

Tier Vehicle Type Slot 1 Category Slot 2 Slot 3

VI-X

Heavy tanks Survivability N/A N/A
Medium tanks Mobility N/A N/A
Light tanks Scouting N/A N/A
Tank destroyers Firepower N/A N/A
SPGs Firepower N/A N/A

Edited by Maltratatoru, 24 June 2020 - 11:23 AM.

MarveII #89 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16403 battles

View PostHMS_Birmingham, on 23 June 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

I think it is fair that they are trying to distinguish the 2. I just feel they should just have done that in the first place. The only other way is as I suggested before and that is you get equal 13.5% (rammer for eg) with the bounty when placed in a bonus catagory or 12.5% in the standard slot. The improved gets the 13.5% no matter what slot it's placed in to. This seems a fair trade off to me. Your no worse off for standard slot and still better than regular equipment but can improve up to the 13.5% found on bond equipment if place in bonus slot.

The problem with that is they advertised and sold it as it is the same bonus as improved equipment. People spent tens of thousands of gold to get them and then they get nerfed to the point that people wouldn't have spent a cent on them. People will be angry, and tens of thousands of people will demand a refund.

You can't advertise and sell something and then change it afterwards negatively. That's like spitting in the face of your paying costumers. The customers who you rely on to make a living. This planned change is just disgusting.

View PostTafute, on 24 June 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

What exactly is the point of adding diversity? I used to play a different tank game. Was simple and fun, with different tactics, attack-defense, moving around from cover to cover, etc. But the devs decided to make it more diverse, adding special abilities, artillery 'drones' that give your tank some advantage depending on which you choose, and, surprisingly, different kinds of features that modify guns, something like equipment 2.0. The game lost at least 80% of its playerbase because it became extremely chaotic, just drive forward, spam super abilities and die randomly because of ults/arty. Those are the effects of constant game changes for the sake of keeping up players' interest.

With equipment 2.0, instead of waiting 9 – 11 seconds before peeking behind a hill and taking another shot you might have to wait 15+ seconds because your opponent might be using the new equipment. You will no longer have an idea if you can circle-strafe an enemy IS-7, it will be impossible to time exactly when enemy tanks should arrive at their positions... Unless the update fails its point and there will simply be a new equipment meta, so nothing will have changed besides tank balance.

Diversity doesn't make a good game. Invest in diversity while ignoring gameplay and watch the last players quit, having tried all the features.

Both by playing on the sandbox server and experience in other games I know the potential update is pointless and rather harmful.

Exactly this. Randomness is not fun most of the times. If you don't hit a shot when you really should have hit it, it is very frustrating. When you hit a shot which you really shouldn't have hit and wouldn't have ever thought to hit doesn't feel right. It is not fun, you know that it was not your skill or good thinking it is just the stupid rng mechanic that in some magical way made your shot fly into the enemy in a very stupid manner and it somehow hit. It just doesn't feel right.

Look at other games. CS GO is very simple and there is almost no randomness in it apart from weapon spray which could be compensated by skill. The gameplay could be calculated and rewards good thinking and skill more than world of tanks has ever. It was the most succesful multiplayer game of the last decade and it is still going (not counting any strategy games because that is whole different topic, but those are especially not random).

Making the game more random is just digging a deeper grave for this game. The direction that WG is taking with the game makes it's death inevitable.

Edited by MarveII, 24 June 2020 - 12:35 PM.

Gripnir #90 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25599 battles
  • [BIGOS] BIGOS

View PostSpeed_Of_Pain, on 23 June 2020 - 05:39 PM, said:

Say E100 will get a bonus from survivability slot, but 50B won't because who in their right mind will choose +10% hit points or ammo rack protection and better track repair speed on 50B ? So frontline HT will get extra benefit from having a dedicated slot, while support heavies won't and effectively will get a small nerf.

How about NO?

Its 2020 m8 - all matches ends up within 5 minutes. No1 sane is using slow heavy tanks any more as those are nothing more but huge sacks of HP to grab for WN8.

Those new "protection" systems wont chane anything - so its not a small nerf to supporting heavies - such special slot is in fact another nerf for all heavies (Ebola excluded for obvious reasons - but hey its russian tank after all so it needs buff right)

Gripnir #91 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25599 battles
  • [BIGOS] BIGOS

First impression

In fact WG already decided to push those changes trough - no matter what we gona say here.

Yes they made some effort to offer new, or rather combined equipment, but a general idea (if there was any in a first place) remains the same.

Of course is gona end up the same - literally no1 would change vents/rammers/staber combination, sure some will try and so on but in general those changes wont bring back a range of heavy and light tanks back to game, while keeping commander vision system combined with  improved radio set  will put all the TDs (except russian Obj  268.4 ofc) to some dusty, forgoten corner of our garages.  If any of WG stuff would really play this game they could have imagin how that new scouting equipment would affect an Ensk map for example. Only fast heavy tanks, medium tanks and wheelchairs gona be usfull with this change.

So dear developers :D, while all your new toys wont bother any1, as they wont bring anything usefull to 99,9%ot players and their tanks, commanders vision system and improved radio set will destroy what a little is left form this game balance, as they gona boost wheelchairs utility even higher while uterrly destroy TDs and SPGs game play.

You really want to make this game better?

In the and it comes down to just two simple changes IMO:

1. Dont nerf wheelchairs - all you need to do is just to let us track them - thats all, no other nerf is necessary here. 

2. Nerf all tanks, all guns penetration for about 10% across the board.

There.

P.S Add 3 - Bring back all old maps - no1 really give a .... if they were bit unbalnced - there is no balance here anyway so......

And last but not least - I was about to spend some money again to buy myself an improved battle pass - but as I can see you are already planning a fraud by a change of the items I already bought - so guess what? Yep - you are right - I will wait or spend them on something else.

guest273 #92 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37707 battles

Why not just remove equipment at all?

Giantmikey1 #93 Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 359 battles
  • [CMC3] CMC3

Search_Warrant #94 Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Mediums getting access to mobility is just stupid. tracked lights need that more, but hey they also need viewrange coz some lights are artificially gimped that way coz we dont want light to be fun or anything, or competative.

Don_71 #95 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13136 battles

Just go scrap all these [edited]-ideas and simply LEAVE EQUIPMENT ALONE ...    :izmena:

As all those useless and unrequested updates of the last year, this 2.0 will only make a maybe not so great (but still for 10 years very bearable) mechanic A LOT WORSE.  :facepalm:

MiNim333 #96 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4108 battles
  • [WHKD] WHKD

When will the rewards from the last test be credited to our main account?

I have completed these missions and havent got anything yet.

Your reward for completed missions will be credited to your main account within 14 days after Sandbox testing is completed

Dwigt #97 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1488 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMarveII, on 23 June 2020 - 04:39 PM, said:

Dispersion in this game = how big is your aiming circle

If you put Vert. Stabs on a tanks it will make it's aiming circle smaller. My question still stands. Your aiming circle would be always at it's smallest if you wouldn't move your tank. Do you understand this? You have to move your tank to get a bigger aiming circle. That is why everybody use vertical stabilizers, it makes the aiming circle smaller when moving and moving is the only situation when aiming circle can get bigger. It doesn't make aiming circle smaller at fully aimed but aiming circle won't "disperse" as much when moving thus smaller aiming circle. Do you understand this game mechanic?

When does Improved aiming unit reduce the aiming circle:

1. at fully aimed,

2. at not aimed (moving),

3. or both (it always makes it smaller)?

Dispersion depends on your aiming circle but it's not only it. 
Improved aiming will reduce the circle overall. So yes number 3
Vstab and Improved rotation will affect your gun aiming and improve the chance to hit where you're aiming. Inside the circle your shell have a percentage not to hit the where you're aiming that's gun dispersion!
They may sound very similar but they're not the same. 

View PostOSBTrebek, on 23 June 2020 - 05:10 PM, said:

Spoiler

As to the situation with bounty gear versus bond gear, it was advertised as being equivalent when the battle passes were being sold, so it needs to be kept in line with bond equipment or the gold refunded - it's that simple.

edit: added image

Bount equipment advertised as equivalent to improved equipment.

Thank you for your feedback and please let us know what you think of the Grousers and the rest of the changes that need testing after the sandbox server goes live :)
Regarding the Bounty and Improved equipment, we are aware of how we presented it when we launched the battle pass. We'll see what the final decision will be but for now we count on your feedback!

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 24 June 2020 - 05:43 AM, said:

The majority of the players will simply wait for the forum posts and youtube video's to copy/paste the best new standard set ups. I know you guys want us to spent tons of gold and real money while finding a new set up but i'm sorry, im not falling for that one.

If you guys cant resist that itch to change for the sake of change there is a ton of priorities to choose from, changes that might even lead to more happy customers... 

There's a lot of changes that are under work and one of them just made it to the supertest. 
Like I said in my previous comment, we count on your feedback after testing the changes :)

View Postguest273, on 24 June 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Why not just remove equipment at all?

Spoiler

Springender_Teufel #98 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1842 battles

View PostMiNim333, on 24 June 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

When will the rewards from the last test be credited to our main account?

I have completed these missions and havent got anything yet.

Your reward for completed missions will be credited to your main account within 14 days after Sandbox testing is completed

According to this statement their final day to credit rewards is 26th of June.....lets see!!!

Edited by Springender_Teufel, 24 June 2020 - 04:54 PM.

Dwigt #99 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1488 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpringender_Teufel, on 24 June 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

According to this statement their final day to credit rewards is 26th of June.....lets see!!!

Can you please make sure that you received the 1+3 days premium? 
I checked with CS and it shows that you received them like a week ago.

Ferditude #100 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3593 battles
Billions of games played +players use what they want...
Wg change things for the good of players...
Or to avoid the boss seeing they're doing nothing at work

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users