Equipment 2.0 | Version 2

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
A new article was posted earlier today talking about some new tweaks and changes about the whole equipment 2.0 thing.
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/sandbox-equipment-2-0-iteration-2/

Thoughts? I at least am quite relieved to see the turbo equipment that improves vehicle speed won't affect our lovely wheeled go-karts in the game.

Galan7891 #2 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11089 battles

Good to see red line campers got their vission back.../s

Unicorn_of_Steel #3 Posted 23 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20902 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Thoughts? After implementation I'll just stop playing untill the forum and/or youtube guides for the best set up for my tanks become available. I guess it will take not more then one week before every TD, light, med and heavy are equipped with the same 1 or 2 most effective set ups. Like the current 'vents, rammer, optics' or 'vents, rammer, vstab'.... 

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25724 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostRatriq, on 23 June 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

Thoughts?

After watching numerous Youtube videos about the up-coming changes, I conclude that everyone on both teams will be driving the ELC EVEN 90 and games will last the full 15 minutes because no one can spot each other.:trollface:

Galaxy_class #5 Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12683 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 June 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

After watching numerous Youtube videos about the up-coming changes, I conclude that everyone on both teams will be driving the ELC EVEN 90 and games will last the full 15 minutes because no one can spot each other.:trollface:

With a Cammo net and the low noise exhaust system the ELC could probably hide behind a blade of grass and not get spotted. :trollface:

splash_time #6 Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 June 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Yup, nothing unusual, just another day in WoTs. :rolleyes:

Isharial #7 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26621 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

well im glad they haven't decided to kill TD's off completely by making them reliant of the rest of the "team" again, that's something.

we'll have to see how well this time it works, but the new equipment has a place I feel, specially ones that help with gearing; I just hope they are allowing them for more tanks, as the ones I wanted to add it to last time, were too low tiered (tier 6 and 7) for them to have it

24doom24 #8 Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

They buffed the improved aiming unit thank the lord. They also removed the turbocharger for wheelies and brought back binos for TDs.

The survivability equipment is starting to look tasty too. Especially the Improved Configuration, would help a ton for many russian mediums that tend to blow up and burn often. 

The new turbo charger is going to be interesting to test. Tanks like the 430U would really benefit from equipment like this. 

The new categories make more sense too and are not as convoluted as before. They are focusing more on the overall strengths of a class rather than the specific strengths of individual vehicles (which they got wrong on many tanks). 

Looks like a decent improvement over the first test to me. I'm really excited for the improved aiming unit, the less RNG the better. 

Edited by 24doom24, 23 June 2020 - 08:19 PM.

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21729 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostGalan7891, on 23 June 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Sad indeed.

On the plus side, a specific scouting item I will not name has gotten quite effective in giving some back to the spotters. It will level the playing field somewhat.

Kdingo #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 33290 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 June 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Not really sure this would be a game improvement.

Sure 1 month hiatus to just watch the crap turning out, but that might be all the good about it.

Gkirmathal #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

Been thinking about 2.0 equipment since first iteration and IMO giving all tanks just 1 category slot is a good change. But there are two changes I still like to see.

First is a controversial one and opinion regarding Vents: in my opinion Vents should be excluded from getting any category slot bonus.

This will make Vent still viable as now, but it will give players an actual choice to think about. Whether to choose specialization equipment, for the category, to enhance a certain (couple of) aspect(s) of a tank with a higher %, or use the generic bonus from Vents that does not get any bonus.

For this to work a second thing has to be done.

Second thing that should be looked into is: Category Slot balance on a tank by tank basis.

Current proposal gives all tanks of the same class all the same Category Slot. To start off with this is good, on some tank classes their category Slot would work and fits in with certain aspects of these tanks.

But...as a last development step the Category has to be fine tuned per tank! Some Categories given a class do not fit the individual tank and are meaningless for it (especially if what I propose with Vents).

For example I am a medium player, but I reckon there are also some heavies/TD/lights in the tech tree where this is the case. IMO, for some Mediums the given Mobility perk is meaningless and does not add anything.

Some could better be given Fire Power/Scouting, as it could could much better enhance a weaker aspect of certain individual tank. Especially those tanks in the tech tree (perhaps some premiums as well) that have fallen behind due to power creep.

Search_Warrant #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View PostGalan7891, on 23 June 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yeh im not a fan of Td's getting bonocs in the first place... they arent supposed to have vision. that was there tradeoff for having some of the best guns in tier (at some point in time this was true).

Im still not happy wheeleis are getting the improved "see threw bushes camo" equipment. they dont deserve anything spotting related for having that broken mobility tracked lights could only dream of. oh and the near instant aiming guns. so they dont need Vstabs.

Ratriq #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

Yeh im not a fan of Td's getting bonocs in the first place... they arent supposed to have vision. that was there tradeoff for having some of the best guns in tier (at some point in time this was true).

Im still not happy wheeleis are getting the improved "see threw bushes camo" equipment. they dont deserve anything spotting related for having that broken mobility tracked lights could only dream of. oh and the near instant aiming guns. so they dont need Vstabs.

Can only see this being a good thing for the heavy-like td's like the T95, Tortoise, Turtle, etc that are supposed to be frontline tanks anyway, but the rest... eh... MIght not have been the brightest of ideas.

Search_Warrant #14 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View PostRatriq, on 24 June 2020 - 08:04 AM, said:

Can only see this being a good thing for the heavy-like td's like the T95, Tortoise, Turtle, etc that are supposed to be frontline tanks anyway, but the rest... eh... MIght not have been the brightest of ideas.

Paper TD's need it most because they have to camp hard (M56-Scorpion, WT's. ect) but on the other hand... screw them... they dont deserve it for playing such a annoying campfest inducing tank.

Ratriq #15 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 08:07 AM, said:

Paper TD's need it most because they have to camp hard (M56-Scorpion, WT's. ect) but on the other hand... screw them... they dont deserve it for playing such a annoying campfest inducing tank.

True but also, 90% of the time you'll find them in bushes anyway. Which means they are most certainly going to have an advantage in hide 'n seek matches.

Tanks like the T95 are more or less a heavy tank without a turret and should be played as one, thus enemies will always know where it is and it's easy to flank since it's almost always in the middle of the map. Binocs is something that can really benefit it in end-game matches when it's one of the last standing tanks and have to scout out enemies, not that I'll be using it in mine, I got bigger priorities like making the famous zoom turtle.

Don't get me wrong though, I can certainly see a valid point of no TDs at all having binocs either. Since as you said, they are the tanks that most often have the biggest of guns, etc.

Edited by Ratriq, 24 June 2020 - 09:15 AM.

Search_Warrant #16 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

Im mainly against TD's getting any vision due to how much camo bushes give them. they outspot light tanks no matter how much you stack viewrange on a LT you simply can not outspot a TD untill they shoot more than half your HP off (or worse, detrack you with that 1 shot) and your dead anyways.

Then again Tracked lights are a relic of the past and i should stop hoping for WG to reclassify them as there actual designation in WoT: "gimped mediums"

Ratriq #17 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

Im mainly against TD's getting any vision due to how much camo bushes give them. they outspot light tanks no matter how much you stack viewrange on a LT you simply can not outspot a TD untill they shoot more than half your HP off (or worse, detrack you with that 1 shot) and your dead anyways.

Okay yeah, fair point. Considering even in city maps I'm able to hide my T95 quite well since of how short it is in small bushes close to the enemy.

Edited by Ratriq, 24 June 2020 - 09:40 AM.

Geno1isme #18 Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49938 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostGkirmathal, on 24 June 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

But...as a last development step the Category has to be fine tuned per tank! Some Categories given a class do not fit the individual tank and are meaningless for it (especially if what I propose with Vents).

Exactly that fine-tuning was a big issue in the first test. For example all the german superheavies got two survival slots, while other heavies that arguably are already more competitive got firepower, mobility or even both. And as ventilation benefits from all slots except survival that put them at a significant disadvantage.

If you let the players choose they'd likely pick firepower in 90% of all cases.

View PostGkirmathal, on 24 June 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

For example I am a medium player, but I reckon there are also some heavies/TD/lights in the tech tree where this is the case. IMO, for some Mediums the given Mobility perk is meaningless and does not add anything.

Well, you can put Vents or Improved Rotation Mechanism in there and get the slot bonus and improve your gun-handling and mobility at the same time.

Overall it might be best for WG to just drop the idea of a category bonus as they'll never make everyone happy, and instead have the effect differ based on class (like they already do for the camo modules).

Edited by Geno1isme, 24 June 2020 - 11:12 AM.

Search_Warrant #19 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
New equips are useless regardless.. if it dont effect how i destroy enemy tanks its useless. Rammer/Vstabs/Optics(or vents) will always be king. rammer needs removing and buff all tanks base DPS by 10%. done. fixed. we can have a slot to do something with instead of always rammer.

tajj7 #20 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30188 battles
Improved aiming system unavailable for SPGs, is this a change from the first round? If so that is a good thing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users