Weird death in what should have been a safe place

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gnaal #1 Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15333 battles

I would love if someone could explain what happened here. Died as arty deep in bushes some 2 min into the game on Malinovka and I don't understand how. I think my best guess i strv was on their forward location by the lake, shooting at hellcat on our td-hill, missing and hitting me. I don't think I could have been spotted there even if there is a gap in the bushes towards the big hill.

http://wotreplays.eu...ovka-gnaal-s-51

Cassie_b #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4324 battles
  • [D_F_C] D_F_C

More likely you were blind-shot... than hit by accident.

Trees down in an obvious arty camping zone - and you were hit shortly after you fired - He was probably watching the downed trees for your tracer.

I do it all the time when I'm trying to counter-arty - no reason why a sniper TD can't do it too.

Edited by Cassie_b, 24 June 2020 - 12:32 PM.

Gnaal #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15333 battles

View PostCassie_b, on 24 June 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

More likely you were blind-shot... than hit by accident.

Trees down in an obvious arty camping zone - and you were hit shortly after you fired - He was probably watching the downed trees for your tracer.

I do it all the time when I'm trying to counter-arty - no reason why a sniper TD can't do it too.

I'm not sure how you would blind fire something deep in those woods, given the trees i knocked over was like a minute earlier and there are still lots of trees between me and the direction the shot from the Strv came from. An arty sure, I'd easily take that shot if i searched for the enemies and found the trees I knocked over, but the Strv shouldnt even be able to see those.

rimmer_the #4 Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3664 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostGnaal, on 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

I'm not sure how you would blind fire something deep in those woods, given the trees i knocked over was like a minute earlier and there are still lots of trees between me and the direction the shot from the Strv came from. An arty sure, I'd easily take that shot if i searched for the enemies and found the trees I knocked over, but the Strv shouldnt even be able to see those.

Cant say for sure what happened, other than having thoughts about certain "zoom-in mods".

Homer_J #5 Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:06 PM

Field Marshal

• 33958 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Probably a fluke then.

I once shot at a tank cresting the ridge on Lakeville valley, missed and took out the enemy arty.  These things happen.

You could try asking the other guy for their replay.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 July 2020 - 09:08 PM.

Gnaal #6 Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15333 battles

View Postrimmer_the, on 07 July 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

View PostGnaal, on 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

Cant say for sure what happened, other than having thoughts about certain "zoom-in mods".

You mean for following a tracer or something?

View PostHomer_J, on 07 July 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Probably a fluke then.

I once shot at a tank cresting the ridge on Lakeville valley, missed and took out the enemy arty.  These things happen.

You could try asking the other guy for their replay.

I think I asked him after, not for the replay just what he aimed for, but no reply. But yeah, random lucky shot on the sniper nest seems most likely.

Homer_J #7 Posted 07 July 2020 - 09:32 PM

Field Marshal

• 33958 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGnaal, on 07 July 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

You mean for following a tracer or something?

Even if they had the banned mod which gave tanks satellite view your tracer would not be visible to them unless you were spotted.  Only other arty can see unspotted arty tracer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users