Jump to content


The madlads are actually selling it again


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
So you know that tank called FCM 50 t? Wouldn't be surprised if you've already forgotten about it. It got removed from the tech tree or well, being purchasable with gold and with money from the store ages ago, from my understanding, for being so bad/outdated.

Yeah.. that tank, they are selling it again.
22c6322891f5fe26145e4a5e2d5c9837.png
Personally, I had this tank, let me tell you, it's my most cursed tank I own, I perform abysmally in it and I easily sold it and here they are selling again after years of removal lol. Now I suppose it's some kind of novelty/collectors tank but yeah, I might not be the best of players, but I think we all can agree on this tank not being a good one.

Search_Warrant #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:44 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29286 battles
  • 6,629
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
they keep selling Primo despite the Cent's in general are performing worse than Tiger2. We have RAAC which is just a better Cent/primo, but morals and WG dont exactly mix.

Private_Miros #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

FCM 50t with it's limited MM was OP in the meta when introduced. It's still a good tank on its own, but the map are more closed and the meta is more armor oriented, which has made it relatively worse.

 

Even now, it's average damage stats for both the whole player base as well as for the top players aren't far off most premium tier 8 mediums. And that's what this is, a large medium tank with more HP and limited MM.



fwhaatpiraat #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:54 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 63871 battles
  • 2,729
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 08:48 AM, said:

And that's what this is, a large GIANT medium tank with more HP and limited MM.

FTFY



Ratriq #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

FCM 50t with it's limited MM was OP in the meta when introduced. It's still a good tank on its own, but the map are more closed and the meta is more armor oriented, which has made it relatively worse.

 

Even now, it's average damage stats for both the whole player base as well as for the top players aren't far off most premium tier 8 mediums. And that's what this is, a large medium tank with more HP and limited MM.

It might also be because only the people who still enjoy playing this tank and can actually play it well still play it, since how little amount of people play it. The majority who play it have stopped who can't make it work, thus only the ones who can make it work are left, and no new people are getting their hands on it either so we only have this small pool of people who really know how it is played and have had a long time to play it which outsiders until now haven't been able to get their hands on.

Again, while I'm not the best of players, in my recent stats I can make most tanks work quite well, in some rare chances they get under-average stats but that's about it. The FCM 50t on the other hand...



Search_Warrant #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29286 battles
  • 6,629
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
I have a friend who can make the CDC look like a awesome tank. he plays it really well and almost always top damage in team. but by no means a good tank.

Ratriq #7 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

I have a friend who can make the CDC look like a awesome tank. he plays it really well and almost always top damage in team. but by no means a good tank.

This ^

Just because the small pool of people who still play a tank still play it, does in no way mean it is a good tank, there's a reason why we don't see the CDC or the FCM 50 t in matches anymore. The rest of your average people, the majority, surprisingly, have the smart thinking of actually playing some other tank instead. Instead of wasting their time playing an abysmal tank like the FCM 50 t that they can't get to work for the life of them.



Search_Warrant #8 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29286 battles
  • 6,629
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostRatriq, on 24 June 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

This ^

Just because the small pool of people who still play a tank still play it, does in no way mean it is a good tank, there's a reason why we don't see the CDC or the FCM 50 t in matches anymore. The rest of your average people, the majority, surprisingly, have the smart thinking of actually playing some other tank instead. Instead of wasting their time playing an abysmal tank like the FCM 50 t that they can't get to work for the life of them.


IKR. who the hell would play terrible tanks... wierdo's i say...

 

*hides my T-34-3 most played tanks stats*


Edited by Search_Warrant, 24 June 2020 - 09:04 AM.


Ratriq #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:08 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 08:04 AM, said:


IKR. who the hell would play terrible tanks... wierdo's i say...

 

*hides my T-34-3 most played tanks stats*


Hides my T34 & IS-6 which is some of my most played tanks which I totally do not play anymore... totally     *cough*



RSA_TriHard_7 #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 53630 battles
  • 811
  • [FARMS] FARMS
  • Member since:
    09-07-2014
T34 was my first prem tank over 2k battles in it :hiding:

TankkiPoju #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25893 battles
  • 8,023
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
IMHO the main problem of FCM 50t is it had no nice features. There is nothing that makes it fun to play, but it has many features that make it unfun.

Private_Miros #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:20 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostRatriq, on 24 June 2020 - 08:02 AM, said:

This ^

Just because the small pool of people who still play a tank still play it, does in no way mean it is a good tank, there's a reason why we don't see the CDC or the FCM 50 t in matches anymore. The rest of your average people, the majority, surprisingly, have the smart thinking of actually playing some other tank instead. Instead of wasting their time playing an abysmal tank like the FCM 50 t that they can't get to work for the life of them.

 

It's not an abysmal tank by any standards. It out-perfroms similar alpha damage mediums (non-autoloaders) in the hands of the average player.

 

It's just.. huge and not a heavy.


Edited by Private_Miros, 24 June 2020 - 09:20 AM.


Kdingo #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:27 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33290 battles
  • 8,773
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

 

It's not an abysmal tank by any standards. It out-perfroms similar alpha damage mediums (non-autoloaders) in the hands of the average player.

 

It's just.. huge and not a heavy.

 

Its a heavium with unreliably armor, its large and has no camo to speak of. 

Its not abysmal but id rather play t-34-3.



Ratriq #14 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

in the hands of the average player.

Considering in my last 1k battles I have a wn8 of 1,6k and wr of 55% and still can't get this tank to work and get red tomato stats on it. I think you are either 1. Heavily overestimating the tank, or 2. overestimating your perception of the "average" player.

I mean there's a reason why I've only seen this tank once in a battle this year, and it's not because "it hasn't been sold in a long time" since just look at the E 25, it's everywhere, and it hasn't been sold in a while now if I remember correctly.
It's just an outright big fat tank, unreliable armor, with terrible camo which doesn't make up for its size, it's slower than and less mobile than most mediums have a medium "pew pew" gun.


Edited by Ratriq, 24 June 2020 - 09:36 AM.


Private_Miros #15 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostRatriq, on 24 June 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

Considering in my last 1k battles I have a wn8 of 1,6k and wr of 55% and still can't get this tank to work and get red tomato stats on it. I think you are either 1. Heavily overestimating the tank, or 2. overestimating your perception of the "average" player.

I mean there's a reason why I've only seen this tank once in a battle this year, and it's not because "it hasn't been sold in a long time" since just look at the E 25, it's everywhere, and it hasn't been sold in a while now if I remember correctly.

 

And I get relatively speaking bot stats in Object 430 and Skorpion. That doesn't make those bad tanks.

 

1. No, I'm not. It's crapin the current meta, but so are others, and it certainly didn't get the shortest stick in terms of abilities, plus it has limited MM.

 

2. A bit ironic, that you somehow can base your global opinion on how you experience the tank, but call me out for "overestimating the average player" by looking at average damage stats from the API via XVM. For a heavy it's bad compared to meta tanks (although better than German premium and tech tree and US tech tree heavies). But for non-autoloader (though still better than T69) 240 alpha damage mediums it sits comfortably upper class.

 

I haven't claimed it's good, nor that it's meta, nor that you should totally drive or buy it. But it's not abysmal. It performs better for the average player than Type 59, Pershing, Centurion I, T-54 mod.1, Panzer 58, etc... All of which you also don't see much driving around for the same reason, and not because they are all abysmal.



FataL_ShadowZ #16 Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15883 battles
  • 604
  • Member since:
    01-19-2018

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 24 June 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

IKR. who the hell would play terrible tanks... wierdo's i say...

 

*hides my T-34-3 most played tanks stats*

Hah, I laugh at your most played tank, it pales in comparison to my own!



Ratriq #17 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

But it's not abysmal. It performs better for the average player than Type 59, Pershing, Centurion I, T-54 mod.1, Panzer 58, etc...

I just told you, there is a quite logical explanation to that one, you shouldn't just blindly look at stats. The FCM 50 t is a tank that hasn't been sold in ages, years if a remember correctly, thus everyone who have grown tired of it, which is a big majority ain't playing it no more, I included, cause the majority of players can't get it to work for them.

Thus the what's left is a small pool of players that is able to get it to work for them which is a big minority and they are the ones who still play it and improves the average stats of it, now cause of the lack of new owners to this tank that gets to try it out and balance out the average stats, it has stayed this way ever since they stopped selling it years ago.



arthurwellsley #18 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:14 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 56474 battles
  • 4,459
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 08:42 AM, said:

 

And I get relatively speaking bot stats in Object 430 and Skorpion. That doesn't make those bad tanks.

 

1. No, I'm not. It's crapin the current meta, but so are others, and it certainly didn't get the shortest stick in terms of abilities, plus it has limited MM.

 

2. A bit ironic, that you somehow can base your global opinion on how you experience the tank, but call me out for "overestimating the average player" by looking at average damage stats from the API via XVM. For a heavy it's bad compared to meta tanks (although better than German premium and tech tree and US tech tree heavies). But for non-autoloader (though still better than T69) 240 alpha damage mediums it sits comfortably upper class.

 

I haven't claimed it's good, nor that it's meta, nor that you should totally drive or buy it. But it's not abysmal. It performs better for the average player than Type 59, Pershing, Centurion I, T-54 mod.1, Panzer 58, etc... All of which you also don't see much driving around for the same reason, and not because they are all abysmal.

 

Interesting statistics there.

I own an FCM 50t and from the tanks you list in your final paragraph I own Type 59, M26 Pershing, Centurion Mk.1 (recently re-purchased during TotT discount, not yet replayed), and Panzer 58 (I do not have the T-54 mod.1). Of those I would pick to drive the Type 59, before the others, and then the FCM50t in preference to the others. Both purely because of Pref MM.

But would I buy or recommend the purchase of an FCM 50t at the present moment? No I would not. My view would be that the Renegade was a better heavium and the T44-100 or Progetto would be a better medium. Plus as a French heavy tank crew trainer I would assume that the AMX M4 mle 49 or the Somua SM would make for a better experience.



Private_Miros #19 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:16 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostRatriq, on 24 June 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

I just told you, there is a quite logical explanation to that one, you shouldn't just blindly look at stats. The FCM 50 t is a tank that hasn't been sold in ages, years if a remember correctly, thus everyone who have grown tired of it, which is a big majority ain't playing it no more, I included, cause the majority of players can't get it to work for them.

Thus the what's left is a small pool of players that is able to get it to work for them which is a big minority and they are the ones who still play it and improves the average stats of it, now cause of the lack of new owners to this tank that gets to try it out and balance out the average stats, it has stayed this way ever since they stopped selling it years ago.

 

So, who's driving the CDC, Type 59, T-54 mod.1, Panzer 88, Panzer 58 (Mutz), etc... then?

 

Somehow only the small pool players that cannot make them work but are forced to play them at gun point and lower their stats?

 

View Postarthurwellsley, on 24 June 2020 - 09:14 AM, said:

Plus as a French heavy tank crew trainer I would assume that the AMX M4 mle 49 or the Somua SM would make for a better experience.

 

AMX marginally better performing (although I don't find it a better tank, but I guess it allows making mistakes more), Somua miles ahead.


Edited by Private_Miros, 24 June 2020 - 10:18 AM.


Ratriq #20 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:19 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6893 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

 

So, who's driving the CDC, Type 59, T-54 mod.1, Panzer 88, Panzer 58 (Mutz), etc... then?

 

Somehow only the small pool players that cannot make them work but are forced to play them at gun point and lower their stats?

Well, the thing with the most of these tanks, most of these are still getting sold atm. The FCM 50 t from my memory, hasn't been sold in years since it's removal from the store. As I said, the lack of new drivers of the tank means it can't be balanced out and only the "veteran" drivers are left to determine the stats of it.

Actually nvm, just checked the store, seems like these have recently been removed, huh, either way, it has gone a lot longer since the FCM 50 t was sold last time, the other tanks have quite recently been sold and existed in the store.
I'm 99% sure that now when the FCM 50 t is on the store for a whole week, that the average stats are going to drop.


Edited by Ratriq, 24 June 2020 - 10:23 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users