So, it actually happaned, I stopped playing WoT - Anyone up for GTA V?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82678 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

So, the day finally came, after like 7-8 years of playing WoT I finally had the longest streak of not playing it.

I'm not gonna go on a long rant about it cause it really is not so complicated but my main reasons is that as a semi-hardcore platooner I am really at the mercy of the ones that I play with, and if they quit, it kind of stops my game in its tracks as well. It is really strange that players are not more social in the game at this stage. I see so many playes of Clans who don't even ever go to their respective Teamspeak servers anymore while playing and at the same time complaining that there is no one to play with when they really are the reason…

Second, the development of the game took a wrong turn a long time ago (like 5:ish years ago) and I don't think that the reasons are what everyone else thinks that the reasons are, like wheelies, arty etc but rather these fundamental things:

1. WG took away from the original and fundamentals of the game by listening to and adapting too much to crybabies and beginners. Corridor maps, nerfing arty and even almost removing what was the core difference between the classes, wanting to make a game for the masses rather then to stay a niche game with a spotting system.
  2. Platooning severely hampered by the game not catering to it enough and constantly nerfing it and also indirectly nerfing it by adding weird missions, battle reserves and then hampering platoon invites and even normal chat messages don't work sometimes.

A third note is that there is no more real Swedish clan in the game. The reason for that is stupidity and being anti-social.

I am not saying that I will never play WoT again, I am just saying that I finally had a month of playing other games, primarily GTA V Online, which I will talk about below.

RANT OFF :-)

So, I jumped on the Epic games bandwagon when they released GTA V for free like a month ago and I must say I am hugely surprised! What a beautiful and detailed game, I have never seen the likes of it, even though if WoT comes Close. It is not for free anymore but it might be at a discount….

It does have huge faults but the good stuff outweighs it:

- I have never seen a game so "overtaken" by modders, cheaters and glitchers. The chance for cheaters to get free accounts didnt help lol.

- The PVE/Co-op missions are really not that good and need to be fixed, also the incentive for co-oping needs to increase but I always say that. "Free roaming mode" is kind of a legit playstyle there though.
- Hilarious grind (at least if you want to do it all legit).

- Shame it doesn't have a more social aspect to.

- The game doesn't use real brand names in game but made up ones (most cars etc still look exactly like some real life cars though).

+ Most detailed, beautiful and open world game I have ever seen. The attention to detail is just stunning.

+ If you like cars and actually all sorts of vehicles, this is the game for you.

+ The game feels political incorrect in all the right ways. I guess the developers name is "Rockstar" for a reason :-)

+ There are so many diffirent cars and vehicles in the game and customization options you can not just get enough.

If you are up for some social free-roam gameplay or even missions write a reply here and I will get back to you. You would need a working headset, Discord and being able to use normal "netiquette".

_Honored #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26662 battles
  • [OM] OM
Bye, close the door behind you.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11245 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
No thanks, I'd rather play a good game instead.

CrySpy #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26789 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Space_Vato #5 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4375 battles

I don't play GTA V online at all.

But yeah, gud game. The story mode that is.

If your PC can handle it, and you like the style of GTA, I would recommend to try out Red Dead Redemption II

mpf1959 #6 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37725 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I wondered what the disturbance in the WOT force was. :teethhappy:

In fact, I only keep playing and visiting the forum in order to avoid having to make one of these embarrassing leave-posts! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users