Can we please register constant hits on team mates?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

PowJay #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43228 battles

I know that team damage is gone and- apart from stupid arty hits that steal your kill (almost) without consequence- we are better for it on the whole.

I am, however, sick of trolls who will just shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot allies because they find it fun. OK, it does no harm per se, but while they are busy shooting allies, they are not shooting enemies. I was just in a battle where our KV-1 started trolling from the very beginning. He fired 32 shots for 22 hits and only 6 penetrated for 500 damage. I believe that most of those shots were at allies, hence the low damage count.

Meanwhile, our HT No VI and M10 got into a ding-dong of their own, pushing and shoving the entire battle. The Tiger fired 10/7/0 for NO damage as every shot was at the M10. The M10 fired 54 shots for 49 hits and zero damage as I believe that every shot was fired at the Tiger.

We lost 3<15. I deserted at 0<9 because I could not be bothered wasting another second of my life in this pointless battle. 

If we aren't going to register team damage, can we at least take a step back to the old system by making such players turn blue and risking a ban if they continue?

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:12 PM

Bartender

• 19784 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostPowJay, on 24 June 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

He fired 32 shots for 22 hits and only 6 penetrated for 500 damage. I believe that most of those shots were at allies, hence the low damage count.

What specifically about that says it was at allies? I've seen people with high shot counts vs. hits and whatnot who were just.. bad at shooting. My personal favourite was an O-I Exp. on El Halluf, that one TD Ridge, who sat there from start to finish unceasingly firing the 7.5cm. I think he hit like.. 1 Shot out of somewhere like 80-100. None were at allies, he just.. sat there, shooting. :mellow:

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 24 June 2020 - 01:13 PM.

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64698 battles

As I understand it hits on friendly tanks are still noted it is ONLY the damage that was removed.

Before the change I do 240 damage to a friendly tank game makes a not of it fines me and compensates my victim.

Post change I fire the same gun do zero damage no fine of compensation issued.

However the game still notes what I did and I could potentially get penalised for my actions especially if I do it all the time.

The most common reason I have seen for players wanting friendly fire damage back in the game is so they can take revenge on players.

For me that's a good reason to never bring it back.

PowJay #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43228 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 24 June 2020 - 12:12 PM, said:

What specifically about that says it was at allies? I've seen people with high shot counts vs. hits and whatnot who were just.. bad at shooting. My personal favourite was an O-I Exp. on El Halluf, that one TD Ridge, who sat there from start to finish unceasingly firing the 7.5cm. I think he hit like.. 1 Shot out of somewhere like 80-100. None were at allies, he just.. sat there, shooting. :mellow:

I know what you mean, but he was shooting from the moment we left base. He didn't live long enough once the confrontation started to actually get that many hits. 

12:16 Added after 1 minute

View PostGremlin182, on 24 June 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

As I understand it hits on friendly tanks are still noted it is ONLY the damage that was removed.

Before the change I do 240 damage to a friendly tank game makes a not of it fines me and compensates my victim.

However the game still notes what I did and I could potentially get penalised for my actions especially if I do it all the time.

The most common reason I have seen for players wanting friendly fire damage back in the game is so they can take revenge on players.

I don't really want friendly fire back. I want constant troll shooting against allies to register as just that- trolling, and not in the proper spirit of the game. If allies knew that continued shooting or ramming would result in automatic consequences, they might stop being utter [edited]

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostGremlin182, on 24 June 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

I think maybe they should've kept the fine. Like, 5.000 credits per hit, or thereabouts, depending on the tier.

frange #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33518 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 June 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

I think maybe they should've kept the fine. Like, 5.000 credits per hit, or thereabouts, depending on the tier.

This. Cause I have also had a lot of friendly shots just when rolling out of the base and start of match, or while moving into positions. And some of those idiots that starts shooting eachother just stop moving and sits spamming eachother the whole match. 

Zagy_BG #7 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12335 battles
WG should implement a simple scenario - every 3 or 4 shots at allies cost -1000 credits after the end of the battle.

PowJay #8 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43228 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 June 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

View PostZagy_BG, on 24 June 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

WG should implement a simple scenario - every 3 or 4 shots at allies cost -1000 credits after the end of the battle.

Not a bad idea, so long as it is clear- like the desertion warning- that action has been taken to penalise the player.

Although I am not entirely happy with the changes made to team damage, I have got used to them to the point that I only ever notice in these circumstances. The system obviously registers these hits still, and you can't win certain medals if you have hit allies. An incentive now to not be a complete [edited] would be useful.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 63888 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
This is one of the last 'issues' WG should fix.

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64698 battles

How about this any friendly hit results in zero profit from the game.

You still pay for your repairs and ammo used etc but you earn no xp or credits and make no progress in missions.

That would stop anyone from deliberately shooting friendlies and as its an instant action = result they would know for sure its enforced and mend their ways.

Of course this really sucks when you cause accidental damage but how often does that happen.

Though I expect players to start deliberately trying to catch friendly shells just to cause trouble.

Whatever you do some will try to mess with it.

Problem right now is actions appear to have no consequences no one is certain the game punishes players just as some believe reports are a waste of time.

Whats needed is an instant action even if its just a popup warning as soon as you hit a friendly tank you get a warning message.

Just some game feedback to warn idiots

Zagy_BG #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12335 battles
Not a good idea - sometimes you have to take a shot at an enemy that is face to face with an ally, and this will penalize a player who wants to help.

kaneloon #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33207 battles
  • [CROWD] CROWD

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 24 June 2020 - 02:42 PM, said:

This is one of the last 'issues' WG should fix.

This. You cannot make hundred of laws for all the headless chicken in world of tanks.

Toxic statpadders are more a problem than them.

Isharial #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26642 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZagy_BG, on 24 June 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

Not a good idea - sometimes you have to take a shot at an enemy that is face to face with an ally, and this will penalize a player who wants to help.

that ^

wont people just find a way to abuse it by driving infront of tanks when they fire? people wont do this against arty im sure of it...…………… :facepalm:

NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37087 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostZagy_BG, on 24 June 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

To be fair, you wouldn't call an artillery strike on an enemy when your ally is nearby, for obvious reasons.

On the other hand, this is an arcade game, so...hmm...

PowJay #15 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43228 battles

View PostZagy_BG, on 24 June 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

I am not talking about ONE accidental hit on an ally. I am talking about repeated, clearly trolling or hassling, hits on allies.

If this is how some players get their kicks rather than actually (at least) trying to play the game as it should be played (at least TRYING to damage/destroy the enemy and WIN) then they can now do so almost without consequences. If a significant number of hits registers on allies, then this should be noted by the system. I think 49 should be more than adequate!

BlackBloodBandit #16 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10774 battles
People forget, that when allies shoot you, you see a marker of who shot you, every time they hit you. Of course this is only when you have this function enabled, but disabling means I won't know which arty stunned me on purpose, if an allied arty hits me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users