team evaporating around me, again and again and....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

lugger09 #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13559 battles

I know that posting on this forum usually opens up pandora's box, So.......

Lets start with that i am a below average player according to the stats... I do not really care, i do not use mods (i do use skins and remodels), i do not hunt for moe.. i play for immersion, teamplay and fun. So, for all the toxic, sour, replay asking, super hero stat shaming and thread hijacking community members, please dont reply; start your own thread.:izmena:

My question; How can people have win statistics of 75 percent? My team is losing the whole time, i am 1/15 of the team, so lets assume that i cause to lose 6,5 percent of the games.... all the time (!)

Still does not add up that people have 75% win. How does MM really work? This afternoon 9 games 1 win.... and the lost games were very quickly over.

And wtf is happening lately... i love to drive a TD; but my team is half gone even before i am in position. if i am lucky i can do some damage before all around me go up in smoke and i will follow. I used to blame this on bad gameplay my side, bad RNG, bad luck, and recently i have added complete stupidity from my side.... and still losing this way, so there must be more to it... MM sucks? WG hates me? Lots of bots?

I really do not think it will be MM, because it could mean WG thinks i am such a great player ( uh, not really:hiding:) that i am balancing bad players in the team... so, i am ending in a team of bad players.. ..

It feels more like MM is reversing the whole idea, bad players and bots against a team of good players...

On other occasions it is an easy game with 4 till 6 kills... it looks like the other team is just evaporating. The nice evenly matched games are scarce. 

What do i not understand, or misunderstand, about gameplay and MM? Love the game, but this changing team composition mess (or whatever it is) is driving me insane. Feels like gameplay doe not matter, you are in the "right" or wrong" team to start with; and that would take the whole concept of this game away...It is getting annoying/frustrating. Hope that i am wrong, because, again, game itself is amazing, just the balance of teams suck.. i think..:facepalm:

Thanx in advance and i hope to see you (red OR green) on one the maps for a very nice game

Private_Miros #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Well, like you say, you a way below average player (so, not really 1 in 15, but quite a bit less on average).

We all deal with the same teams. And we all have at least 30% unwinnable games playing solo. But even there, may players manage to do a lot more than you.

You make teams win by taking aggressive positions (but not losing HP), keeping spotting advantage, and adapting in time to what your team and the enemy does (running away, repositioning, helping a push or lemming train, blocking a key position).

In essence, you win more by being a better team player. That is a team player, so for the team, not for individual people on the team (who then ironically call you a bad team player for abandoning them when they make a stupid move that would lower your team's chances to win the game if you let it drag you along).

You are welcome to invite me for a platoon in game, and you can post some replays of successive non-cherry picked games, on which people can advice you what you did wrong or right, what could've been better, and what you missed.

There is no shame in being bad at pixel tanks. There's only shame in blaming others. But I fully understand your sense of despair and frustration and how it seems impossible that it's not just the teams and that you cannot do much more. Because if you knew what you did wrong, you wouldn't do it.

Rati_Festa #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postlugger09, on 24 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

I know that posting on this forum usually opens up pandora's box, So.......

Lets start with that i am a below average player according to the stats... I do not really care,

You have purchased more prem tanks than me and I own a lot, yet you have 25% of my battle count. You appear to have jumped into the game at t8 and have not learned the basics of the game, you have red/black stats wn8 under 500. Unfortunately, it appears the right team is the opposing team and the wrong team is your team.

You have 12 games in the jpanther but a 112 in the Jg.Pz. E 100 for example.

I would suggest playing just your t7 tanks for a while, try and even out your avg damage to the actual hps of your tank. Its a complicated game and you aren't respecting that, you say you don't "care" but you made this post, which implies that you do?

PowJay #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43122 battles

I can take out one of my best tanks, do the very best I can to spot enemies while remaining hidden, deal damage while remaining undamaged and generally appear to be doing exactly the right thing while watching the score rapidly go from 0-0 to 0<1, 0<2, 0<3, 0<4, 0<5, 1<5 (if we're lucky) 1<6, 1<7 1<8, 2<8 if we're very lucky and then that is pretty much that. I come out top five on damage as bottom tier with an amount that is still pretty poor and you wonder why you bother.

Next battle is the same. It happens to everyone, I guess, as solo players are still only one of 30 (not 15) that influence the battle. Even a super-unicum can't do squat if the rest of the team are red-line, bush-camping idiots.

The trouble is, while you try and blame the team, you are part of that team and you are definitely part of the problem as your stats clearly show. You might live longer than some, but that may well because you are red-line and bush camping with no targets while your allies are trying their best to achieve something. Your poor overall survival rate- around a third of your WR- suggests to me that you are actually too aggressive or too dumb and are as much as part of the melting problem as the rest of your team.

LethalWalou #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35909 battles

View Postlugger09, on 24 June 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

My question; How can people have win statistics of 75 percent? My team is losing the whole time, i am 1/15 of the team, so lets assume that i cause to lose 6,5 percent of the games.... all the time (!)

Still does not add up that people have 75% win. How does MM really work? 

Only a handful of people are able to win 75% of their games over large amount of battles. 75% wins in a session is possible because of small sample size and one can have ''easier'' games on that day.

The 1/15th of a team only applies if everyone does their own part. In reality not all do their part in a battle, be it sheer inability or just unluckiness. This means that others have to work harder to compensate for the drag some players cause. This is how people win more games, the more you do to help the team win, the more you will win over time. But the trick is that it isn't just raw damage or assistance damage that is needed to win more. You have to do that damage in the right time for it to be useful.

lugger09 #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13559 battles

View PostPowJay, on 24 June 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

I can take out one of my best tanks, do the very best I can to spot enemies while remaining hidden, deal damage while remaining undamaged and generally appear to be doing exactly the right thing while watching the score rapidly go from 0-0 to 0<1, 0<2, 0<3, 0<4, 0<5, 1<5 (if we're lucky) 1<6, 1<7 1<8, 2<8 if we're very lucky and then that is pretty much that. I come out top five on damage as bottom tier with an amount that is still pretty poor and you wonder why you bother.

Next battle is the same. It happens to everyone, I guess, as solo players are still only one of 30 (not 15) that influence the battle. Even a super-unicum can't do squat if the rest of the team are red-line, bush-camping idiots.

The trouble is, while you try and blame the team, you are part of that team and you are definitely part of the problem as your stats clearly show. You might live longer than some, but that may well because you are red-line and bush camping with no targets while your allies are trying their best to achieve something. Your poor overall survival rate- around a third of your WR- suggests to me that you are actually too aggressive or too dumb and are as much as part of the melting problem as the rest of your team.

Talking about dumb, try learn to read: i specifically requested for the sour ones not to respond. I try to learn something, and with your reaction you just want to show off....probably you are also a solo player, as i understand your reaction. Sad, is not the idea of the game.. Go bring your insults somewhere else please and try to be important with people who appreciate it.

14:41 Added after 1 minute
For others who responded and explained; i wanna say thanx. Think i have to work on keeping an eye on when to retreat.

Robbie_T #7 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22765 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

The Topic maker is a bad player true.

And playing tds you are depended on other players .too spot for you...

But 2020 85 % of the LT's suicide rush or hang back....and the mediums thinking they are Tds.

I think every new player will have a huge problem climbing up the win % alone.

Also now we have the 10 year anniversary so every tomatoe is out playing

And you can see it ...played this weekend with a 30/40%winrate....while normally its over 50%

Games going soo fast sometimes nobody can stop the steamroll.

Private_Miros #8 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostRobbie_T, on 24 June 2020 - 03:13 PM, said:

The Topic maker is a bad player true.

And playing tds you are depended on other players .too spot for you...

But 2020 85 % of the LT's suicide rush or hang back....and the mediums thinking they are Tds.

To be fair, camping and suiciding LTs and red line mediums (and occasionally players not seeing the difference between camping and passive spotting or taking a key cross fire position) have been staple whine reasons since 2011.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Op 

post your last five replays and the seasoned  players will take a   look

as for teammates in meds and lights hiding behind arty etc we have seen it all 

Spurtung #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 82273 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

tl;dr: "Why aren't my teams carrying me?"

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37251 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postlugger09, on 24 June 2020 - 03:04 PM, said:

My question; How can people have win statistics of 75 percent?

Usually the only way you're going to get that is by doing some serious seal clubbing in something low tier and OP.

Unfortunately if you want to do something about it then your stats are relevant to the problem. By and large you're barely even managing to put in two damaging shots, sometimes not even that, in some of your most played tanks so the ones you should be most comfortable in. You're clearly doing something very wrong but if you want some advice as to what we need to see what you're doing currently so as Wsatnutter suggested, post up few replays so people can offer some suggestions.

24doom24 #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postwsatnutter, on 24 June 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

Op 

post your last five replays and the seasoned  players will take a   look

as for teammates in meds and lights hiding behind arty etc we have seen it all 

I second this. A 44% players claiming it's not his gameplay that is contributing to his losses and low dpg is certainly dubious. And his intro trying to dismiss people pointing out his stats and replays adds to that doubt. 

sorry OP, but you contribute to your own problem. You even admitted it yourself : " if i am lucky i can do some damage before all around me go up in smoke and i will follow". Why are you doing so little damage before the flank dies? Why aren't you retreating from a failing flank? 

Edited by 24doom24, 24 June 2020 - 04:59 PM.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well, you at least do admit you are below average. As in you at least see you as a part of the reason, vs just flat out blaming your team.

Now, 75%... the few there are only play randoms in 3 man platoons with other 68% players etc. And dominate that way, and hardly play randoms alone. But 90% of their games are in other modes vs random if you will. 

In your case, I suspect play randoms more alone. So thus different ideas need to be implemented. As in you need to make the impact alone, vs with the help of 2 others. And tbh, the best way to learn is to fail. As the MM doesn't care how good or bad you are. Even tho it might seem like it. But when you have a few 44 to 45% in a... group. Anything can happen. And if they have one 55% player making one smart play to counter their group play. It can turn the tide fast. Even if it's just something as simple as spotting.

So... just learn from your "own stupid mistakes" as you put it. And RNG and bots will affect you less overall. As the MM puts us all in those teams often. You just gotta learn to make impacts in different ways depending on your style. I changed from HT and TDs to LT and Meds as my go to tanks, as I learned after playing for a bit that I will make more of an impact in those two to get rid of the bad "mojo".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users