Tired of bugs / pixel malfunction

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Alfa_Tau #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17786 battles

I am very annoyed lately by seing my shot disappiring into nothing . jitting a tank BUT no effect etc etc

with the oboius consequence of being spotted and OFC shot and killed without getting a fair trade.

QUESTION: 

How long do we need to wait until this very frequent and very annoying bugs will be fixed?? 

OFC I am a misternobody therefore here you go with a link to a video posted by a well known guy. 

go directly to minute 7.10 if you dont want to see the whole video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBe7D4HSM4

wsatnutter #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
can we have ONE of your replays so we can see what tank you are in  where you are aiming etc. etc. Please

Private_Miros #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Watched that video and that guy is special.

The shot through the tank is connection related. The server simply doesn't register the tank there, so it's not a hit. Your client just fills in the gaps in the information.

The rest of that battle was typical Claus:

"the 'algorythm' will let me land every shot here as it always does to get the games over quickly" --> misses 50% of his shots

next sentence

"the 'algorythm' is to make you spend more credits on shots

Everything is 'the system' out to get to you.

zone_nord #4 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 51385 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

no, it is not connection related, or if it is, there are server issues. i have a gigabit fiber optic connection and this happens to me like 2-3 times in 5 games if not more. shots just go straight through enemy tanks with notthing happening.

Clip removed for name and shame - Homer_J

maybe I ll make a compilation of how much it happens to me daily lol

Edited by Homer_J, 25 June 2020 - 12:53 AM.
Name and shame

Homer_J #5 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:55 AM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzone_nord, on 25 June 2020 - 12:42 AM, said:

no, it is not connection related, or if it is, there are server issues. i have a gigabit fiber optic connection

So you have gigabit fibre from your router to the next piece of kit along the way, then at some point it joins the internet backbone and it no longer matters what you are connected by.

Post up a pingplotter trace.

23:57 Added after 1 minute

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 24 June 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

I am very annoyed lately by seing my shot disappiring into nothing . jitting a tank BUT no effect etc etc

with the oboius consequence of being spotted and OFC shot and killed without getting a fair trade.

QUESTION: 

How long do we need to wait until this very frequent and very annoying bugs will be fixed?? 

In the absence of anything concrete I'm going to say it's lag.

Shadowiko #6 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28405 battles
  • [GEUF] GEUF
Posted Image

Balc0ra #7 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

It will get fixed when they make the shell info and hit systems client-side calculated. As in when they eliminate every single sever jump between you and WG to eliminate server/client delays. As most visual "bugs" are.

OFC I am a misternobody therefore here you go with a link to a video posted by a well known guy.

Almost had my drink come out my nose reading that... almost.

Homer_J #8 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:38 AM

Field Marshal

• 33938 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

It will get fixed when they make the shell info and hit systems client-side calculated. As in when they eliminate every single sever jump between you and WG to eliminate server/client delays. As most visual "bugs" are.

I have to comment on this just in case someone believes it is possible.

For this to work you would have to either find a way to make electricity travel faster along a cable or you and everyone else in the game would have to be sat in the same room.

Client side hit calculation will open up more cheats and will lead to even more strange things happening as one client fights with another over a decision.  Either you will get the same misses which look like hits we see now or you will start getting hit by shells after you have driven behind an obstacle.

Some little things you have to put up with.

View PostShadowiko, on 25 June 2020 - 01:05 AM, said:

You really need to start paying attention.  It's not  "client side bug" it's an inherent feature of online games using projectile weapons.

Private_Miros #9 Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2020 - 12:23 AM, said:

I'd take the occasional lag and client hiccup (even if that leads to "conspiracy nuts" like Claus or the poster above with his meme) over client side hit calculation and the rampant cheating, true aimbots and modification of damage, penetration, etc... that would bring with it.

Your internet and cable can be of excellent quality. Any lag somewhere in the connection and many data transfer points between you and the server, even for a few miliseconds, will result in a ghost shell if the hiccup occurs at the moment you were aiming and shooting at a tank.

UserZer00 #10 Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
Claus can not be used as a reference

He himself has stated on many occasions that he is no expert

He "repeats" a lot of common complaints as "fact"  but this is all part of his show.

Every once in a while he will go into detail on some of the bugs in the game and it can be interesting, but he will usually offer no technical reason and just points it out as something to be improved.

In one stream he'll go on and on about "Russian bias" with regards to hit boxes, arty targeting, etc and in another stream he'll go on about how it's not true.

He is providing a show, taking all the truths and part truths, mixing them together and posting entertaining (to me at least) videos

Balc0ra #11 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 25 June 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

I'd take the occasional lag and client hiccup (even if that leads to "conspiracy nuts" like Claus or the poster above with his meme) over client side hit calculation and the rampant cheating, true aimbots and modification of damage, penetration, etc... that would bring with it.

Your internet and cable can be of excellent quality. Any lag somewhere in the connection and many data transfer points between you and the server, even for a few miliseconds, will result in a ghost shell if the hiccup occurs at the moment you were aiming and shooting at a tank.

Same. I'll accept the odd shell clipping the front hull of a moving target, or even center now and then. Even tho the impact on the ground behind it is in a different spot vs the tracer. And consider it a small price to pay for not having CSGO like aimbots that snap to the head on full auto with pixel perfect 0 dispersion vs a moving target while jumping himself.

Bigtime_Alarm #12 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24728 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2020 - 11:37 AM, said:

Same. I'll accept the odd shell clipping the front hull of a moving target, or even center now and then. Even tho the impact on the ground behind it is in a different spot vs the tracer. And consider it a small price to pay for not having CSGO like aimbots that snap to the head on full auto with pixel perfect 0 dispersion vs a moving target while jumping himself.

As opposed to pixel perfect middle of the front drive wheel while still moving himself 

Private_Miros #13 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 25 June 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

As opposed to pixel perfect middle of the front drive wheel while still moving himself 

Those shots are perfectly possible in WoT. You will just not succeed every time. But with a tank with good dispersion on the move, about 70% of the time.

jabster #14 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 04:43 PM, said:

Watched that video and that guy is special.

The shot through the tank is connection related. The server simply doesn't register the tank there, so it's not a hit. Your client just fills in the gaps in the information.

The rest of that battle was typical Claus:

"the 'algorythm' will let me land every shot here as it always does to get the games over quickly" --> misses 50% of his shots

next sentence

"the 'algorythm' is to make you spend more credits on shots

Everything is 'the system' out to get to you.

My favourite of Kellerman's is where he's explaining how the RNG is rigged against him to miss while lining up a shot to demonstrate. When it hits, oh that's because his team were already so many tanks down.

Whether he really believes the rubbish he says I'm not sure. What I'm pretty sure of is his targeted audience do believe it. It's not that you're not very good at the game, it's because it's rigged against you or your team's fault. In no sense can it be anything to do with how you perform.

Bigtime_Alarm #15 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24728 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 25 June 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Those shots are perfectly possible in WoT. You will just not succeed every time. But with a tank with good dispersion on the move, about 70% of the time.

I'd like to see you do it 70% of the time. And in any case it doesn't matter which tank they shoot from or if you are moving or just spotted. It happens pretty frequently and is usually followed by ammo and fuel and tracks again in that order, all with damage as well. 

Private_Miros #16 Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 25 June 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

I'd like to see you do it 70% of the time. And in any case it doesn't matter which tank they shoot from or if you are moving or just spotted. It happens pretty frequently and is usually followed by ammo and fuel and tracks again in that order, all with damage as well. 

I do, in US light and medium tanks with good accuracy on the move. When you can, you should always aim for tracks. Have them waste their repair kit and then track them again.

If you shoot the side of a tank, there's a high chance of hitting fuel and ammo. In some tanks even a big chance of damaging ammo and engine by penning the lower plate frontally, or from an angle throught the front quarter.

What you describe just tell me you get hit by tanks a lot in game about shooting tanks.

Bigtime_Alarm #17 Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24728 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 25 June 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

I do, in US light and medium tanks with good accuracy on the move. When you can, you should always aim for tracks. Have them waste their repair kit and then track them again.

If you shoot the side of a tank, there's a high chance of hitting fuel and ammo. In some tanks even a big chance of damaging ammo and engine by penning the lower plate frontally, or from an angle throught the front quarter.

What you describe just tell me you get hit by tanks a lot in game about shooting tanks.

I can do it too on a big slow heavy 5 metres away who is looking in the other direction.  If you hedge it around with what tank and whatever other conditions then it can be any percentage you like. That isn't what happens to me and I suspect a lot of others.

zone_nord #18 Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51385 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

name and shame? what?

it was a clip showing a super unicum player and popular streamer having the exact same issue (shooting a tank from 5 meters, shot goes straight through it, nothing happens)

did you even watch it before removing it? wtf?

zone_nord #19 Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 51385 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

anyways. it doesn't matter.

the game has no bugs.

it's all in my head.

if it doesn't happen to you it doesn't exist.

cheers.

Private_Miros #20 Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 25 June 2020 - 01:25 PM, said:

I can do it too on a big slow heavy 5 metres away who is looking in the other direction.  If you hedge it around with what tank and whatever other conditions then it can be any percentage you like. That isn't what happens to me and I suspect a lot of others.

What doesn't happen to you?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users