Jump to content


Deliberate Drowning.


  • Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

Lee3452 #1 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18547 battles
  • 573
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011
This seems to happen  a fair amount. I can not understand why people do this. In my opinion it is the actions of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum as things did not go there way. When someone drowns themself the hp and kill should go to the nearest enemy player even if they are nowhere near them. Hopefully it would stop this.

vilken_banana #2 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 39326 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    05-16-2017
Why not? Sometimes you just want or need to go. It is WG's business to share that "lost" DMG and kills. 

Private_Miros #3 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,843
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
That is what I consider the summit of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I believe serial intentional drowning should be punished severely. It cannot be hard to monitor that some players drown often at the end of battle. It really doesn't happen that often by accident.

Edited by Private_Miros, 24 June 2020 - 06:17 PM.


Kdingo #4 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:36 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33334 battles
  • 8,944
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostLee3452, on 24 June 2020 - 06:02 PM, said:

This seems to happen  a fair amount. I can not understand why people do this. In my opinion it is the actions of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum as things did not go there way. When someone drowns themself the hp and kill should go to the nearest enemy player even if they are nowhere near them. Hopefully it would stop this.

 

Common arty habit, game is lost and arties go for a swim. Other tank class-players do it less frequently but happens.

Even so the general situation improved quite a lot as it happened quite more frequently years ago.



NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37087 battles
  • 5,434
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

That is what I consider the summit of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I believe serial intentional drowning should be punished severely. It cannot be hard to monitor that some players drown often at the end of battle. It really doesn't happen that often by accident.

 

It's already monitored AFAIK but I haven't tested to what lengths one has to go to to get oneself banned.

 

Any volunteers? :trollface:

 

It's easy to drown if you suddenly lose connection for long enough. Too bad the tank doesn't stop itself immediately after you lose connection...



Private_Miros #6 Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,843
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 24 June 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

It's easy to drown if you suddenly lose connection for long enough. Too bad the tank doesn't stop itself immediately after you lose connection...

 

Very common every time just at the end of a battle when playing SPGs.



qpranger #7 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,770
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

Oh diddums.

My tank, my choice what to do with it.



MaxandChloe4ever #8 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:02 PM

    General of the Army

  • Moderator
  • 254 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016

I think people just have the mindset of "I'd rather drown myself than letting you have more damage, or more kills. I am dead anyway so why should I let you take my life".

It is quite a selfish act in my opinion, when you are about to get destroyed, just let the enemy take your life. It's the honourable way to go. :trollface:

 

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 25 June 2020 - 01:17 AM, said:

That is what I consider the summit of unsportsmanlike behaviour. I believe serial intentional drowning should be punished severely. It cannot be hard to monitor that some players drown often at the end of battle. It really doesn't happen that often by accident.

 

On a sidenote, drowning oneself to avoid getting destroyed by an enemy, is indeed in violation of the game rules. Players can report drowning to Player Support, and if found to be the case, the player will receive a game ban of varying duration.:)


Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 24 June 2020 - 07:05 PM.


qpranger #9 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:05 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,770
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 24 June 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

Drowning is in violation of the game rules. Players can report drowning to Player Support, and if found to be the case, the player will receive a game ban of varying duration.:)

 

ROFL ... yeah, right, wink-wink.

You should do standup mate, you'd be good at it!



saxsan4 #10 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25823 battles
  • 4,630
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

why? a few times ive done it

 

Once on glacier I lost 80% of hp from snipers in mid in wz-111 1-4 before I even move due to ebr so id rather go swimmig

 

once in type 4 arty hit me 3 times at start so I had enough

 

sometimes if its already lost and the arties have annoyed me or enemies have 5 kills I can deny them a top gun

 

also if arties hit me too much I normally yolo instead to dent arty ny more dmg as arty makes me want to jump out the window, I have enough of them

 

 

I dont swim in arty though because I feel dirty playing them so rather let enemies kill me


Edited by saxsan4, 24 June 2020 - 07:11 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #11 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46661 battles
  • 7,519
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

Whilst it may be true that the majority of late-game drowners are arty, I can assure you that I have seen MANY tanks of EVERY class drown themselves at the start of a battle.

The a-typical xvm whores who let third party software dictate whether, or not, they participate in the game.

 



AmphetamineLogic #12 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3390 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

Block Quote

 I can assure you that I have seen MANY tanks of EVERY class drown themselves at the start of a battle.

 

I did that a few days ago. Was looking sideways out of the tank with a 90 degree rotated turret and misjudged a bridge crossing. :hiding:



Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:21 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46661 battles
  • 7,519
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 24 June 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

 

I did that a few days ago. Was looking sideways out of the tank with a 90 degree rotated turret and misjudged a bridge crossing. :hiding:

We've all had our 'special' moments :child:



BlackBloodBandit #14 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10774 battles
  • 1,002
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 24 June 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

It's the honourable way to go. :trollface:

So where exactly is the "honourable" part of this game, since people don't have that feeling either when letting you die on purpose, while camping behind you, simply because they refuse to play, or push you out, because you have 'their spot'? There is 0 honor in this game. It's 1 vs 29, you didn't know?


Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM.


Johnny_B #15 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 2029 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

I have to admit that when playing arty and watching my team melt away in minutes, it's sometimes tempting to go for a swim instead of letting some enemy have the satisfaction of a free kill. I don't think it's any more unsportsmanlike than going chasing after arty, knowing it's an easy kill, just to feel like a big man. It's like being knocked down in a boxing match, and being expected to let your opponent kick you and spit on you as well, before the match ends, just so he can feel good about himself. There is no sportsmanship in random battles and it's everyone for themselves anyway.


Edited by Johnny_B, 24 June 2020 - 07:29 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46661 battles
  • 7,519
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostJohnny_B, on 24 June 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

 There is no sportsmanship in random battles and it's everyone for themselves anyway.

This, unfortunately, is true.



Private_Miros #17 Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29730 battles
  • 11,843
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostJohnny_B, on 24 June 2020 - 06:25 PM, said:

I have to admit that when playing arty and watching my team melt away in minutes, it's sometimes tempting to go for a swim instead of letting some enemy have the satisfaction of a free kill. I don't think it's any more unsportsmanlike than going chasing after arty, knowing it's an easy kill, just to feel like a big man. It's like being knocked down in a boxing match, and being expected to let your opponent kick you and spit on you as well, before the match ends, just so he can feel good about himself. There is no sportsmanship in random battles and it's everyone for themselves anyway.

 

There's playing for yourself, and there's petulant child griefing just to spite others.

 

The clicker just spent a whole game spitting on everyone as if they were in a cage and he safe on the boardwalk. But then the moment the cage is opened, it's omg look what they want to do to me, they "just want to feel good about themselves".

 

There's no difference between killing arty or another tank when it's a won game. Man up, don't be a child and let the enemy have your HP and the kill.


Edited by Private_Miros, 24 June 2020 - 07:45 PM.


LepiSale #18 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56603 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013

I do it sometimes, but only when the game is obviously lost.

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:19 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37087 battles
  • 5,434
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostJohnny_B, on 24 June 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

I have to admit that when playing arty and watching my team melt away in minutes, it's sometimes tempting to go for a swim instead of letting some enemy have the satisfaction of a free kill. I don't think it's any more unsportsmanlike than going chasing after arty, knowing it's an easy kill, just to feel like a big man. It's like being knocked down in a boxing match, and being expected to let your opponent kick you and spit on you as well, before the match ends, just so he can feel good about himself. There is no sportsmanship in random battles and it's everyone for themselves anyway.

 

I've had multiple occasions where I was just one shot worth of damage, or one kill, away from completing a personal mission. A mission I could've completed, had the inconsiderate nincompoop not drowned himself for his own petty reasons.



BlackBloodBandit #20 Posted 24 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10774 battles
  • 1,002
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 24 June 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Man up, don't be a child, and play the game!

You better say that to the saboteurs that are put on the teams over and over again and get away with it. THAT is the reason why people suicide.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users