Jump to content


Stupa Tier 6 German TD


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

Now because of the Sturmtgier event the talk of adding Sturmtiger into the game has came about

 

Either as a premium , reward tank or collectors tank 

 

However, the Stupa  (Brummbar is the western nickname, Stupa the German nickname) is much easier to balance,

 

I have attempted to make it fit. tier 6 here, please do tell me your opinions 

 

 Crew 5 (Driver, Commander, Gunner , 2 Loaders)

Armour 100/40/20 

 

100mm only on the superstructure, the hull armour below is 40mm and 20mm thick respectively 

 

plus the machine gun port can always be made a weak spot with 60mm if need be

 

38 rounds it can carry

Gun 15 cm StuH 43 L/12  

HE shell 80 pen / 900 DMG

 HEAT Shell  135 pen / 690 DMG

ROF: 3.0 Rounds a minute 

Aim time 2.5 

Dispersion 0.55

 

Top speed 40 KM/H

Reverse speed 9 KH/H

Power to weight ratio : 10.64

Traverse speed: 28 Degrees per second

 

Gun elevation -8°/+30°

15 degrees each side for gun movement

 

SO, what do you guys think? balanced? or not? 

 

Ive tried to keep as historically possible as well

 

 


Edited by saxsan4, 26 June 2020 - 10:33 AM.


__Eric__ #2 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40170 battles
  • 1,883
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.

GreenCamel #3 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:34 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 22594 battles
  • 135
  • [ART-W] ART-W
  • Member since:
    03-18-2014
HE rebalance is going to come soon so this couldn't happen.

Space_Vato #4 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4375 battles
  • 212
  • Member since:
    02-08-2019

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.

 

700 is more then enough (looks at KV-2)

 

P.S. It's not Russian, so nope.


Edited by Space_Vato, 25 June 2020 - 06:38 AM.


saxsan4 #5 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:39 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 05:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.


why?its less than KV2  (which has 910 dmg) in both pen and dmg

05:40 Added after 0 minute

View PostGreenCamel, on 25 June 2020 - 05:34 AM, said:

HE rebalance is going to come soon so this couldn't happen.


thought that was cancelled 

05:40 Added after 1 minute

View PostSpace_Vato, on 25 June 2020 - 05:38 AM, said:

 

700 is more then enough (looks at KV-2)

 

P.S. It's not Russian, so nope.


the KV2 has 910 dmg this has less than that so it doesnt outclass the kv2


Edited by saxsan4, 25 June 2020 - 06:39 AM.


1ucky #6 Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:51 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 92926 battles
  • 2,051
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013

It's a good idea, just don't expect many people to understand it. :)

 

As for the tier though, you'd make the most impact on Tier VIII, I think. Cause people would buy it to grind credits with it.

But what do I know... Guess any tier is better than not having it in the game at all.

 

Nice balance work! :great:

 



saxsan4 #7 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:02 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Post1ucky, on 25 June 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

It's a good idea, just don't expect many people to understand it. :)

 

As for the tier though, you'd make the most impact on Tier VIII, I think. Cause people would buy it to grind credits with it.

But what do I know... Guess any tier is better than not having it in the game at all.

 

Nice balance work! :great:

 


But at tier 8 with no armour and the gun becomes usless, what is it gonna do to a maus?

 

tier 6 its perfectly balanced as remember it is a TD version of the kv2

06:03 Added after 1 minute

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 05:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.


is the kv2 balanced? that has higher pen with 910 dmg



Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:47 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36234 battles
  • 12,215
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014
It's a slightly surprising absence from the tech tree, given that a few hundred were built and saw plenty of combat.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77816 battles
  • 23,604
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 25 June 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

thought that was cancelled

 

Pulled back for reworks and new ideas based on how the test was. Not canned indefinitely. Tho it might still be a long time before we hear anything about it again.

 

View Postsaxsan4, on 25 June 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

the KV2 has 910 dmg this has less than that so it doesnt outclass the kv2

 

A few things to keep in mind tho. KV-2 has flat armor. This has 100mm sloped armor. So it can still troll lower tiers head-on, unlike the KV-2. That and the KV-2 came around before the HE caliber rules. The O-I that came after it, has the now standard "half the caliber as pen" rule. As his 15cm sits on 75 pen, but also 890 alpha. Using that as a "benchmark" as they both have armor would be more... valid vs the KV-2. 

 

And 40 was the historical speed sure. But the 4th variant had the same engine as the III J. So even with less tonnage vs a KV-2, but way less HP. I suspect WG would make it as sluggish as the KV-2 with no turret. And that could work.



leggasiini #10 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 18640 battles
  • 6,547
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

The rate of fire seems broken if anything, its literally 40% better than the KV-2. It gets the sameish reload as the pre-nerf O-Ho, which in return was able to get its reload below 14 seconds. Having potential to oneshot something every ~14 seconds doesn't sound very balanced to me. Not to mention the 100 mm armor with some slope it gets.

 

It's probably a better fit at tier 7 as direct competition to the SU-152, but I don't think that more 15 cm is what this game needs regardless.

 

 



saxsan4 #11 Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:58 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 June 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

 

Pulled back for reworks and new ideas based on how the test was. Not canned indefinitely. Tho it might still be a long time before we hear anything about it again.

 

 

A few things to keep in mind tho. KV-2 has flat armor. This has 100mm sloped armor. So it can still troll lower tiers head-on, unlike the KV-2. That and the KV-2 came around before the HE caliber rules. The O-I that came after it, has the now standard "half the caliber as pen" rule. As his 15cm sits on 75 pen, but also 890 alpha. Using that as a "benchmark" as they both have armor would be more... valid vs the KV-2. 

 

And 40 was the historical speed sure. But the 4th variant had the same engine as the III J. So even with less tonnage vs a KV-2, but way less HP. I suspect WG would make it as sluggish as the KV-2 with no turret. And that could work.


Its only 100mm on th top part, the hull is 40mm thick 

12:59 Added after 1 minute

View Postleggasiini, on 25 June 2020 - 12:50 PM, said:

The rate of fire seems broken if anything, its literally 40% better than the KV-2. It gets the sameish reload as the pre-nerf O-Ho, which in return was able to get its reload below 14 seconds. Having potential to oneshot something every ~14 seconds doesn't sound very balanced to me. Not to mention the 100 mm armor with some slope it gets.

 

It's probably a better fit at tier 7 as direct competition to the SU-152, but I don't think that more 15 cm is what this game needs regardless.

 

 


Ok I lower ROF to 3 rounds a min

 

at tier 7 it would be useless v tier 9

 

also it doesnt have turret so fits much better at tier 6


Edited by saxsan4, 25 June 2020 - 01:59 PM.


Nebuched #12 Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14782 battles
  • 627
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.

If it wasn't German it would fit within the parameters of "WG balance". Especially for premium artillery.

13:03 Added after 1 minute

View Postleggasiini, on 25 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

The rate of fire seems broken if anything, its literally 40% better than the KV-2. It gets the sameish reload as the pre-nerf O-Ho, which in return was able to get its reload below 14 seconds. Having potential to oneshot something every ~14 seconds doesn't sound very balanced to me. Not to mention the 100 mm armor with some slope it gets.

 

It's probably a better fit at tier 7 as direct competition to the SU-152, but I don't think that more 15 cm is what this game needs regardless.

 

 

Its fun to face a spg for a change that you cant just pen form every angle with every tank. 100 mm might seem a bit too much tho.

13:04 Added after 2 minute

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 25 June 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

It's a slightly surprising absence from the tech tree, given that a few hundred were built and saw plenty of combat.

Maybe better this way so it wont face the unhistorical nerfs that will keep happening to SPG's.



saxsan4 #13 Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostNebuched, on 25 June 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

If it wasn't German it would fit within the parameters of "WG balance". Especially for premium artillery.

13:03 Added after 1 minute

Its fun to face a spg for a change that you cant just pen form every angle with every tank. 100 mm might seem a bit too much tho.

13:04 Added after 2 minute

Maybe better this way so it wont face the unhistorical nerfs that will keep happening to SPG's.


It Is TD not spg

 

also 100mm is ONLY at the superstructure 

 

much less than at8 at same tier, its hull is 40mm thick, paper sides and I have given it very low traverse speed as its forward speed is high, also very low power to weight ratio 



NekoPuffer_PPP #14 Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,411
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postsaxsan4, on 25 June 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

HE shell 80 pen / 900 DMG

HEAT Shell  135 pen / 690 DMG

 

You wanna give it heat shells?

 

Wait, so is it an arty or a TD?...I'm guessing TD?

 

Not sure if I'd want a derpy TD...although, the Ikv 103 at tier 5 was like that, and quite fun, actually...

 

It could work, but I imagine it would be quite annoying to deal with. It would be like the Deathstar but at tier 6, with that kind of damage potential. You wouldn't wanna risk getting caught in the open with that thing pointing at you. *camping intensifies*



saxsan4 #15 Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:16 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 25 June 2020 - 01:12 PM, said:

 

You wanna give it heat shells?

 

Wait, so is it an arty or a TD?...I'm guessing TD?

 

Not sure if I'd want a derpy TD...although, the Ikv 103 at tier 5 was like that, and quite fun, actually...

 

It could work, but I imagine it would be quite annoying to deal with. It would be like the Deathstar but at tier 6, with that kind of damage potential. You wouldn't wanna risk getting caught in the open with that thing pointing at you. *camping intensifies*

 

Hello,

 


I look at stats of kv2, same tier which gets HEAT and HE ammo and have given this stats a little less dmg and pen compared to KV2 and slightly better reload and dispersion to make up for lack of turret

 

This way it leaves kv2 as the biggest derp but provides an alternative

 

I also gave it very slow traverse speed to balance its 40 top speed and it also has very poor power to weight ratio 


Edited by saxsan4, 25 June 2020 - 02:19 PM.


BlackBloodBandit #16 Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10760 battles
  • 1,002
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018
clearly a NO! we don't need more disgusting derpnoobtanks in the game. there have been several topics about similar tanks already as well.

Head_has_Exploded #17 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:35 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 928 battles
  • 83
  • [KV1] KV1
  • Member since:
    10-01-2019

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.

Sounds a bit weak compared to the KV2 I think it needs a buff:trollface:



saxsan4 #18 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25733 battles
  • 4,575
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 25 June 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

clearly a NO! we don't need more disgusting derpnoobtanks in the game. there have been several topics about similar tanks already as well.


why not, derp tanks are some of the most popular in the game



LCpl_Jones #19 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14574 battles
  • 1,461
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View Post__Eric__, on 25 June 2020 - 06:23 AM, said:

900 damage at tier 6? Doesn't sound balanced to me.

 

not for a german tank anyway, maybe if it was a captured RASHA!!!!11!11!!111!!111 sturmtiger it would be ok :trollface:



MeetriX #20 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 27392 battles
  • 4,907
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 25 June 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:


It Is TD not spg

 

Says who?

 

It was SPG IRL.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users