New game mode

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Hisham_Omar #1 Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7357 battles
  • [25001] 25001

Random battles is getting more and more boring. Yeah you need it to grind your tanks (especially for F2P players), yet it is not fun anymore. With the drop in the players quality nowadays from sniper heavy tanks, suicidal light tanks to frontline fighter tank destroyer it is getting difficult to play since you can't cooperate with your team and coordinate your attacks since they just want to do what they feel like it, and what makes it even worse is when you give a nice effort and carry your team and you end up with less exp and credit than someone on the other team who contributed way less just because your team lost. I know it is a part of the game to lose, but not when it happens too frequently and the win becomes a rarely visitor.

This is why i suggest that we have a new permanent game mode along side the random battles where you can grind exp and credit for your tanks, but it depends on your contribution in the battle whether you win or lose. WOT is a pvp game, and all the pvp games have more than one game mode to play always available for the players.

We need a game mode where we are evaluated based on our skills and how much effort we put in the game because what is the benefit of learning the game mechanics and try to be a step ahead of your opponent if your teammates won't bother to give it even their 50%. Why should i gain less just because i was matched with people who don't even care, and it is more frequent in the tier IX & X. such a mode is going to push player to learn and perform better and better to get better result instead of waiting for their teammates to carry them.

I did a poll on Facebook WOT group and 91% of the people who reacted to the poll welcomed my idea about such mode because they had enough with the struggle in the random battles.

Thread moved from the Game Mechanics forum to the Gameplay forum.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 26 June 2020 - 03:17 AM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25755 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostHisham_Omar, on 25 June 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

We need a game mode where we are evaluated based on our skills and how much effort we put in the game because what is the benefit of learning the game mechanics and try to be a step ahead of your opponent if your teammates won't bother to give it even their 50%. Why should i gain less just because i was matched with people who don't even care, and it is more frequent in the tier IX & X. such a mode is going to push player to learn and perform better and better to get better result instead of waiting for their teammates to carry them.

That game mode exists already....it's called the random MM.

Before you complain about other players not bothering, caring or waiting for their teammates to carry them......take a look in the mirror.:sceptic:

Ricox #3 Posted 25 June 2020 - 10:08 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1517 battles
Don't take it the wrong way, but with 585 DPG in a T-44 (with sample size of 228 battles), you're more likely to lose than to win and it's not because of your teams...

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 25 June 2020 - 11:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64698 battles

Matching players up by ability would end up with everyone at 49%.

You improve the quality of your own team but the opposition gets better too.

I wouldn't mind them trying out rewarding players based on what they do and not based on winning the game.

I have had occasional games where I have really messed up and died in the first minute or so.

Nothing spotted killed or damaged.

Team wins and I get over 1k xp next game do pretty well we lose and I get less XP.

Reduce the bonus for being on the winning team increase the xp and credits based on what you actually did spotting tracking damage and kills.

Not saying it would be better it might prove awful but I would like to see it tried out.

Its a 15 vs 15 game winning or losing is not often down to the individual.

saxsan4 #5 Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

I agree to an extent, we need new modes but not matched on skill but more modes mixed into random modes

what we need is a return of Nation v Nation battles

and a team deathmacth style mode, no bases , 3 lives, first team to 30 kills wins

Perhaps even a convoy mode , one team has to defend a moving train and the other team has to attack it for example 

Homer_J #6 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:20 AM

Field Marshal

• 33958 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHisham_Omar, on 25 June 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

and what makes it even worse is when you give a nice effort and carry your team and you end up with less exp and credit than someone on the other team who contributed way less just because your team lost.

WoT has always been based on play well, win more, profit.

You should not get rewarded for losing.  If you reward losing then you wil get even more people just playing for themself and not for the team.

And before you say it's not you, it's the teams.  you get the same teams as the rest of us.

saxsan4 #7 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostHomer_J, on 26 June 2020 - 04:20 AM, said:

WoT has always been based on play well, win more, profit.

You should not get rewarded for losing.  If you reward losing then you wil get even more people just playing for themself and not for the team.

And before you say it's not you, it's the teams.  you get the same teams as the rest of us.

Also it encourages people to purposely lose just to farm more xp, such as not bothering to cap to try and get more dmg and kills because they are laying for themselves. That was my issue with frontlines, people kept letting the games drag on so they could gain more xp rather than trying to win.

malachi6 #8 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

How big was your poll sample size? 91% is an irrelevant number.  10 out of 11 is 91% and does not say very much about hundreds of thousands of other players.  

saxsan4 #9 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postmalachi6, on 26 June 2020 - 04:35 AM, said:

How big was your poll sample size? 91% is an irrelevant number.  10 out of 11 is 91% and does not say very much about hundreds of thousands of other players.  

also numbers are not important if you dont have a representative sample

Kdingo #10 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 33334 battles
Just get couragerous resistance and you are fine even on a loss.

Quint_Gen #11 Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20852 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I think the OP is right. How's this for a new game mode? To encourage team play let a whole team of players enter a single battle, not 15 because it would be too difficult to find 14 teammates at one time, so how about 6, have these battles mid tier so you don't have to grind to the end of a line to take part, play on the same maps as randoms. This is such a good idea I'm amazed it hasn't been thought of before.

OreH75 #12 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 56293 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View Postsaxsan4, on 26 June 2020 - 05:24 AM, said:

Also it encourages people to purposely lose just to farm more xp, such as not bothering to cap to try and get more dmg and kills because they are laying for themselves. That was my issue with frontlines, people kept letting the games drag on so they could gain more xp rather than trying to win.

Eeuh..The point of frontline is to become general as fast as possible and since winning/losing has no influence on that it is actually irrelevant in Frontline. People that drag the games understand that more time = more dmg = more xp for everyone. People that try to win as fast as possible are the main issue with Frontline.. 

saxsan4 #13 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostOreH75, on 26 June 2020 - 07:33 AM, said:

Eeuh..The point of frontline is to become general as fast as possible and since winning/losing has no influence on that it is actually irrelevant in Frontline. People that drag the games understand that more time = more dmg = more xp for everyone. People that try to win as fast as possible are the main issue with Frontline.. 

no, I want to win, thats why I play it

qpranger #14 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Just add permanent Assault mode like in WT.

Tealo #15 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48947 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Random battles is getting more and more boring. Yeah you need it to grind your tanks (especially for F2P players), yet it is not fun anymore. With the drop in the players quality nowadays from sniper heavy tanks, suicidal light tanks to frontline fighter tank destroyer it is getting difficult to play since you can't cooperate with your team and coordinate your attacks since they just want to do what they feel like it, and what makes it even worse is when you give a nice effort and carry your team and you end up with less exp and credit than someone on the other team who contributed way less just because your team lost. I know it is a part of the game to lose, but not when it happens too frequently and the win becomes a rarely visitor.

This is why i suggest that we have a new permanent game mode along side the random battles where you can grind exp and credit for your tanks, but it depends on your contribution in the battle whether you win or lose. WOT is a pvp game, and all the pvp games have more than one game mode to play always available for the players.

I did a poll on Facebook WOT group and 91% of the people who reacted to the poll welcomed my idea about such mode because they had enough with the struggle in the random battles.

Based on skill?? You mean like Ranked and Frontline ie camping at the back sniping using the rest of the team (noobs) to spot for you and absorb hits and damage from the enemy.. That's not skill that just being a parasite..

What is needed is the exact opposite of what you suggested as The game already has that (individual performance=Stat Padding Wn8)

A game mode where only thing that matters is winning as a Team! That's it by controlling or gaining control of strategic point on the map :unsure: Like a cap for example..

The losing side gets Nothing!! 

As for last several years the Team aspect has been beaten down and completely overshadowed by Stat padding Wn8  promoted by XVM and certain Youtubers..

What is needed is a Over Emphasis on the Simple winning as a Team (yeah right in a socalled team based game :facepalm:) nothing else matters except (yes Im repeating it!!) winning!! individual performance doesn't matter!!

Ps. I'm sure someone will mention that already exists in the game as well in Clan Wars.. But not in randoms! So a Return to it's roots, In a random game mode the only thing that matters is does the team win if not then you get nothing no matter how much or how little a individual did or how they did it (by camping at the back sniping etc..)

Maybe the 7vs7 format like in team clash.. 

Edited by Tealo, 26 June 2020 - 09:01 AM.

unhappy__bunny #16 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:17 AM

Brigadier

• 21460 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Dear OP,

You want yet another game mode, so how about you explain it's format and how it would work?

We have numerous modes already, Randoms, Assault, Encounter, Team Battles, Strongholds, that are always available plus the occasional modes such as Frontlines. What are your suggestions for a new mode? 

I do hope this is not going to be one of those threads where a player throws out some random thought and never returns. 

qpranger #17 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I want a game mode where I can defeat all enemies and win a lot and then get free pizza as well. But Wargaming are just too blinkered to offer me this.

Tealo #18 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48947 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View Postqpranger, on 26 June 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

I want a game mode where I can defeat all enemies and win a lot and then get free pizza as well. But Wargaming are just too blinkered to offer me this.

Only if it includes delivery regarding the pizza as I'll be damned if I'm getting off my own backside to turn the oven on or use the Mircowave as that's way too close to having to do something myself like: Actually Cooking! :ohmy:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37268 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostHisham_Omar, on 25 June 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

We need a game mode where we are evaluated based on our skills and how much effort we put in the game because what is the benefit of learning the game mechanics and try to be a step ahead of your opponent if your teammates won't bother to give it even their 50%. Why should i gain less just because i was matched with people who don't even care, and it is more frequent in the tier IX & X. 

You are already rewarded based on your contribution. Play well and you get more credits/xp. 

Even on a losing game if you play well enough you get Courageous Resistance bonus so if you want to win more and get rewarded more then play better.

saxsan4 #20 Posted 26 June 2020 - 09:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25823 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostTealo, on 26 June 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

Based on skill?? You mean like Ranked and Frontline ie camping at the back sniping using the rest of the team (noobs) to spot for you and absorb hits and damage from the enemy.. That's not skill that just being a parasite..

What is needed is the exact opposite of what you suggested as The game already has that (individual performance=Stat Padding Wn8)

A game mode where only thing that matters is winning as a Team! That's it by controlling or gaining control of strategic point on the map :unsure: Like a cap for example..

The losing side gets Nothing!! 

As for last several years the Team aspect has been beaten down and completely overshadowed by Stat padding Wn8  promoted by XVM and certain Youtubers..

What is needed is a Over Emphasis on the Simple winning as a Team (yeah right in a socalled team based game :facepalm:) nothing else matters except (yes Im repeating it!!) winning!! individual performance doesn't matter!!

Ps. I'm sure someone will mention that already exists in the game as well in Clan Wars.. But not in randoms! So a Return to it's roots, In a random game mode the only thing that matters is does the team win if not then you get nothing no matter how much or how little a individual did or how they did it (by camping at the back sniping etc..)

Maybe the 7vs7 format like in team clash.. 

an all or nothing game mode sounds good actually 

Also tagged with New game mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users