Please, bring back the changes that were planned for the AMX 30B back in April 2019.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

totolescargo #1 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2474 battles

I'm talking about these changes.

I've got the opportunity to play the STB-1 today, on a friend's account. I enjoyed it. He told me that the STB-1 wasn't always that good. It used to be bad, until the aforementioned changes arrived along iwth the pneumatic suspension.

The STB-1 and the Leopard had their buffs and are now much more interesting to play than what they used to be.

What happened to the AMX 30B though ?

The changes that were planned for the French medium tank were simply dismissed, forgotten. Unless I'm missing something ?

And yet, Wargaming comments on the matter made perfect sense : "When rebalancing the characteristics of this vehicle, we constantly kept in mind that it had no distinct playing role. The AMX 30B is a universal second line support vehicle, which can perform equally well in a variety of game situations. However, it lacks accuracy and armor penetration when playing at long distances, so we decided to improve these characteristics. It's the most universal choice as it performs better than the Leopard 1 at close quarters and better than the STB-1 at long range.

I never thought Wargaming could prove themselves to be so aware about the issues of the game, especially in term of balance. 264mm of penetration felt ... right.

Currently, the 30B is still one of the worst performing medium tanks along with the Leopard 1, the Chinese medium as well as the K-91.

It's also one of the less popular tanks in the game, along the K-91 and the UDES 15/16.

While the other 2 mediums received their long awaited buffs, nothing happened for the 30B. The STB-1 become both more popular and stronger, though that wasn't enough for the Leopard 1.

I don't have an answer to what to do for the Leopard 1, nor for the 121, but at least the 30B can be made much more fun to play just by applying this forgotten buff.

It's a somewhat fun tank to play : first it's good looking, it also has a good mobility paired with a decent alpha and DPM.

But when it comes to it's flaws ...

The 30B's gun is atrocious : both bad pen and bad accuracy makes it very difficult to use it's DPM effectively making it a rather frustrating tank to play.

It's lack of armor means that the tiniest mistake is harshly punished.

The cupola makes for an interesting spotting tank in the ridgeline even though that makes it very easy to get spotted way before having the opportunity to shoot at your enemy.

What really bothers me is that all the changes that were planned simply made SO MUCH SENSE. 264mm of pen feels perfectly appropriate and so did the rest. Why did they roll it back ?

Now that the tank was put in the collection vehicles, it's very likely that it will be forgotten for good. This is a last cry for help.
AMX 30B players, arise !

This is my last attempt to have it perform somewhat well in the game.

Have a great day.

Unicorn_of_Steel #2 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20929 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

I can only guess what WG's real reasons are to effectively kill a tier 10 real life and battle proven NATO MBT. AMX and Leopard where indeed developed in the same timeframe, based on the doctrine that mobility is your armor and accuracy your weapon. It's only logical that they should play identical. Apparently we can't have two of those NATO tanks in the game though.

Sorry but your post will be completly in vain, AMX 30 is killed and buried.... 

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 02 July 2020 - 12:58 PM.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #3 Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles
AMX 30B lies buried in the ground cursed by the incompetence of Wargaming developers. Always drunk geniuses at WG simply had no idea what to do with 30B because "you cant have two leopards in the game", so they decided to play dumb and do like it never existed in the first place.

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

Bartender

• 19784 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I don't get why they dismissed those changes tbh. The 430/430U Not getting touched we understand, since Russian outcry and all, but I don't get why they decided to scrap the 30B Changes. The tank is clearly not in a good spot still and hell, even just going back to the original pseudo-Leopard stats would be better than what it currently is, since it's trying too hard to be like the rebalanced STB Or some Russian medium and failing horribly at both.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #5 Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

I don't get why they dismissed those changes tbh. The 430/430U Not getting touched we understand, since Russian outcry and all, but I don't get why they decided to scrap the 30B Changes. The tank is clearly not in a good spot still and hell, even just going back to the original pseudo-Leopard stats would be better than what it currently is, since it's trying too hard to be like the rebalanced STB Or some Russian medium and failing horribly at both.

The thing with psedo-leopard is, I had decent stats and battles on the old maps. Not sure if the pseudo-leo thing would work on 1.0 remade maps/positions.. when I think about it now. But it would still be better than the current sad status of 30B. Like I dont play with gold ammo, and 248 pene on medium with if something very mediocre hulldown and bad accuracy, it terrifies me.

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 46721 battles
The French medium line ends at tier 9.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #7 Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

View PostSolstad1069, on 03 July 2020 - 03:24 PM, said:

The French medium line ends at tier 9.

tier X is there only for you to click on preview. Its kinda nice tank.

MaliceApsa #8 Posted 03 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5144 battles
  • [BABA] BABA

why people dont get it

WG wants you to grind kranvagn

Edited by MaliceApsa, 04 July 2020 - 11:00 PM.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #9 Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39783 battles

Der Krankenwagen? 

Ratriq #10 Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6894 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMaliceApsa, on 03 July 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

why people dont get it

WG wants you to grind kranwagen

As a Swede I am deeply offended by your way of misspelling our glorious "Kranvagn", smh.

Jk

Japualtah #11 Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34611 battles

Abandoned means just that, abandoned.

Very very very sad.

Probably going to sell it, it feels like playing the game in nightmare mode.

thetopcat #12 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28917 battles
  • [BONK] BONK

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 02 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

I LOVED it as a psudo-leopard, honestly it was probably my fave tier 10, after the changes i think i've played it less than 20 battles as its just not the same. Cant hit the side of a barn and has the penetration power of a baked potato 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users