Jump to content


Was wondering about deserting a match


  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ThornFTW #1 Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:56 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 43536 battles
  • 36
  • [CROWD] CROWD
  • Member since:
    05-19-2016
Hello, i was wondering  what will happen if you desert a match 2 or 10, will there be  a ban or something, or is it just 0 credis and xp?

aps1 #2 Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30794 battles
  • 256
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
  • Member since:
    10-06-2012
You get a hours ban after so many then after that i am not sure .

OniichanSenpai #3 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:00 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2667 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    03-11-2020

Yes you can be reported by your team mates and thus get banned. First for 7 days and then permanently.

 

Defeatism is the worst mental trait a human can possibly have. You should be ashamed of yourself as this displays a lot not about your gaming, but also about your social behaviour as a whole.

 

[edited].

 

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 27 June 2020 - 11:39 AM.
Inappropriate remark


Private_Miros #4 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:05 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29728 battles
  • 11,837
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

There is no reason for desertion other than freak emergency in real life or connection failing. So why worry?

 

Aside from that, the same rules as afk/botting apply.



Spurtung #5 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:13 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 82273 battles
  • 8,447
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 27 June 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

Yes you can be reported by your team mates and thus get banned. First for 7 days and then permanently.

 

That's absolutely false.



qpranger #6 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:16 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,757
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

No ban, just dumb pop-up warnings and loss of credits.

That is all Wargaming can do to you instead of balancing the teams.



malachi6 #7 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:26 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,684
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 27 June 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yes you can be reported by your team mates and thus get banned. First for 7 days and then permanently.

 

Defeatism is the worst mental trait a human can possibly have. You should be ashamed of yourself as this displays a lot not about your gaming, but also about your social behaviour as a whole.

 

[edited]

 

 

Most people executed for cowardice in war have since been posthumously pardoned.  PTSD is now a known condition.  Your comment is an argument from ignorance and an apples to oranges comparison.

 

OP, consider when you are playing and enjoying yourself, how you feel when someone deserts in your games.  


Edited by TsundereWaffle, 27 June 2020 - 11:41 AM.
Quote edited


Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:36 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46640 battles
  • 7,510
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostOniichanSenpai, on 27 June 2020 - 10:00 AM, said:

[edited]

 

Your ignorance is mind blowing.


Edited by TsundereWaffle, 27 June 2020 - 11:41 AM.
Quote edited


BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 25737 battles
  • 13,799
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostThornFTW, on 27 June 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hello, i was wondering  what will happen if you desert a match 2 or 10, will there be  a ban or something, or is it just 0 credis and xp?

You get to wear a pointy hat and stand in the corner.



TsundereWaffle #10 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:38 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 29924 battles
  • 11,265
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
Deserting a match is against the rules of the game and will thus result in a warning. Do this enough times and you will get a temporary ban. Keep doing so and the temporary ban will become longer and longer.

qpranger #11 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:46 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,757
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 27 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:

Deserting a match is against the rules of the game and will thus result in a warning. Do this enough times and you will get a temporary ban. Keep doing so and the temporary ban will become longer and longer.

 

I chose the better option at the end of last year.

I banned Wargaming's unbalanced random matches from my life.


Edited by qpranger, 27 June 2020 - 11:46 AM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46640 battles
  • 7,510
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 27 June 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

You get to wear a pointy hat and stand in the corner.

I'm hoping that hat has a big 'D' on it and isn't just white & pointy?



mortalsatsuma #13 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:54 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15083 battles
  • 1,777
  • Member since:
    06-13-2014
Despite everyone saying you will get banned for multiple desertions, you won't. Basically nothing happens except you get 0 credits and exp for a match you didn't intend to play anyway so.....yeah kinda a crap punishment. :teethhappy:  

LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14580 battles
  • 1,461
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017
suicide is like desertion but no ban :trollface:

Spurtung #15 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:09 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 82273 battles
  • 8,447
  • [USSRX] USSRX
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 27 June 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

I'm hoping that hat has a big 'D' on it and isn't just white & pointy?

 

Except that D stands for douchebag instead of donkey.

 

 

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 27 June 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

suicide is like desertion but no ban :trollface:

 

Yeah, suicide is such a happy topic and your comment so witty that the world would be missing out if you didn't share it.


Edited by Spurtung, 27 June 2020 - 12:11 PM.


ThornFTW #16 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 43536 battles
  • 36
  • [CROWD] CROWD
  • Member since:
    05-19-2016

Well when u get pushed and trolled, whats the point into staying in match?

Sorry i dont deal with morons and idiots, im here to have fun  not to get annoyed by stupid people.
This is a game and if i dont like other peoples behaviour - why would i have to ,,tolerate,,  it, and feel ashamed?-what to avoid   2 3  profanity/racial spamming ,,persons,,
I dont have time or will for that - rage  right from the start of the match calling everybody ,,stupid cz,,dumb pl,,subhumans,, and so on and on then picking some random teammate and troll/push it entire match.Saw it happen many many times.
I got blocked by e50m today, right from the start of the match, we didnt even bump at the start, what usually trigger those people so they block you.Was not even close to each other, but he kept  pushing me all the time,i know im sexy but i dont swim for that team.I just left match.

And no i will not send replay or anything ; i wish no harm for that dude,nor do i care for him.I play this game for myself and i dont wanna be bothered with him.
So after match i got whispered ,,reported ban inc,,  etc etc
I just wanted to know what will happen since i never left match,unless DC.
TANKS for all replies (=.



Kdingo #17 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33292 battles
  • 8,815
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostThornFTW, on 27 June 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

Well when u get pushed and trolled, whats the point into staying in match?

Sorry i dont deal with morons and idiots, im here to have fun  not to get annoyed by stupid people.
This is a game and if i dont like other peoples behaviour - why would i have to ,,tolerate,,  it, and feel ashamed?-what to avoid   2 3  profanity/racial spamming ,,persons,,
I dont have time or will for that - rage  right from the start of the match calling everybody ,,stupid cz,,dumb pl,,subhumans,, and so on and on then picking some random teammate and troll/push it entire match.Saw it happen many many times.
I got blocked by e50m today, right from the start of the match, we didnt even bump at the start, what usually trigger those people so they block you.Was not even close to each other, but he kept  pushing me all the time,i know im sexy but i dont swim for that team.I just left match.

And no i will not send replay or anything ; i wish no harm for that dude,nor do i care for him.I play this game for myself and i dont wanna be bothered with him.
So after match i got whispered ,,reported ban inc,,  etc etc
I just wanted to know what will happen since i never left match,unless DC.
TANKS for all replies (=.

 

If someone trolls you, blocks you, pushes you just play dead till they loose interest and send the replay to support afterwards.

But then again, in my last ~700 battles this happened to me maybe 2 times. So its not really a common issue, at least in my experience.



saxsan4 #18 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:35 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25745 battles
  • 4,576
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

I did once, arty hit me 3 times at start so I had enough 

 

 



Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46640 battles
  • 7,510
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostSpurtung, on 27 June 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

Except that D stands for douchebag instead of donkey.

 

 

 

Yeah, suicide is such a happy topic and your comment so witty that the world would be missing out if you didn't share it.

Actually, the D stands for 'Dunce'



IntruderFI #20 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 54137 battles
  • 701
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostThornFTW, on 27 June 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

Hello, i was wondering  what will happen if you desert a match 2 or 10, will there be  a ban or something, or is it just 0 credis and xp?

 

Nothing happens, you lose only your exp and credits 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users