Suggestion: Remove "Critical Hit" announcements

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

I'm not talking about the ones where you do damage to the enemy or take out a critical component, I'm talking about the ones where you do absolutely nothing at all, except to hit the enemy tank.

They do nothing except to rub your nose in the fact that your carefully aimed shot didn't do crap. 

- Do we really need to know that?

- Does it provide any information except to announce the fact that you managed to hit the enemy but, "Sorry, try again later"?

I'd rather hear the "that was close" or "we almost had him", but "critical hit" means that the enemy should be frustrated, but instead they are thumbing their nose at you.  (Don't try to say they aren't, I know they are!)

Instead they could have the enemy get a message saying

- "You were soooooooo lucky. RNGesus is on your side"

- "See, RNG can work in your favor too so stop complaining"

or a variety of other options.

Bora_BOOM #2 Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32686 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

The only one I find annoying is "Good shot" but you do no dmg. As a matter of fact most often it's not even a critical hit.

How is that good in any way I really can't comprehend.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 27 June 2020 - 02:23 PM.

Tealo #3 Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48965 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostBora_BOOM, on 27 June 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

The only one I find annoying is "Good shot" but you do no dmg. As a matter of fact most often it's not even a critical hit.

It's a bug as it (the original effect) has been taken out of the game for example hitting or being hit on the gun sight does nothing anymore really, no damage to HP and does not injure or kill the gunner anymore neither having a damaged gun sight effect the view range anymore, once it automatically repairs from being destroyed (which was quite rare or lucky/unlucky to happen to you as it's very small target which for some reason become very common in getting hit ;) so it was taken out) but that file for the notification for your crew that they actually did at least do something is still there, along with the weak spot in the damage model.

Ps. Is still quite common still to mysteriously :sceptic: get hit or snapped shotted into this very small weak spot on the turret when hull down which doesn't really do anything anymore:teethhappy: 

Edited by Tealo, 27 June 2020 - 03:10 PM.

UserZer00 #4 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

View PostBora_BOOM, on 27 June 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

To be honest, if playing a tank which doesn't take 7 hours to reload (yes, it's an exaggeration) I don't really notice the "critical hit" declarations. 

It's more for the ones where you have to find a target that will stay still long enough, wait for the aiming circle to reduce, verify the aim and "critical hit!"

This most often occurs (yes, I know it's not more often, it's just when you notice it more) after you have tried (unsuccessfully) to lead the target with a few shots prior to this.

I'm sure it's happened, but I don't remember ever hearing a "Good Shot" being declared.  I guess I don't aim at the turret often enough.

Bigtime_Alarm #5 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24750 battles

or add,

'shell just disappeared'

'shell went in the ground'

'shell went in the 1% of the aim circle not covering the enemy tank'

'shell went nowhere near where you aimed to ensure it bounced off a sloped part of the enemy armour'

'RNG has laughed in your face for the last 50 shots, why did you think this one would be any different?'

qpranger #6 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostBora_BOOM, on 27 June 2020 - 04:22 PM, said:

The only one I find annoying is "Good shot" but you do no dmg.

It has to stay, it is like a participation ribbon - you remove that and some people will be left with nothing.

UserZer00 #7 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 June 2020 - 03:29 PM, said:

It has to stay, it is like a participation ribbon - you remove that and some people will be left with nothing.

Which is exactly why they'll remove it?  

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users