Jump to content


Jagdtiger Remodel

Jagdtiger 88 VIII IX REMODEL Skin

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Jagdtiger (IX) and 88mm (VIII) change (21 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Jagdtiger (IX) have a new remodel?

  1. Yes the tank needs a new remodel! (16 votes [76.19%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 76.19%

  2. No, I think the tank looks ok as it is. (5 votes [23.81%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 23.81%

Vote Hide poll

Jagdtiger_Commander #1 Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:27 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 42183 battles
  • 123
  • [653RD] 653RD
  • Member since:
    07-04-2016

Hi all, :)

First i would like to start off that the Jagdtiger is my favourite tank ever, and  I am currantly grinding 3rd MoE in it.

I have noticed that the jagdtiger IX has the same hull and chassis as jagdtiger 8,8 cm VIII. Left jagdtiger 88 / right Jagdtiger IX.     unnamed.jpg1439322710_acz54rcaz8m.jpg

 

Apart from the Mantlet (And Gun) The tanks are the same.

 

This is really lazy for me personally as WG could easily just sort it out as I will explain later. Below is a jagdtiger with Porsche Suspension Compared to the Henschel one that we have currantly in game.

 

pm0184.jpg

I think that the Jagdtiger IX should have the Porsche Suspension but the Jagdtiger 8,8cm Should remain as it is with the Henschel.

 

Reason: (IX) Jagdtiger with 128mm pak 44 historically had both suspensions, but Jagdtiger was only re-equipped with the 88mm later on as 128mm fell short during production, so would make sense that jagdtiger 88mm should have henschel suspension as only 12 had porsches suspension, as it is more then likely the 88mm jagdtigers were based on latter.

 

Other details: Jagdtiger (IX) Should have more track links per side to take away the similarities, as well as maybe a few missing mud guards these were often prone to come away.

 

Final notes: This is my first post so please don't jump all over me :unsure: 

please let me know what you all think and maybe WG will do something about it one hopes!

 

regards the King!

02:35 Added after 7 minute
:facepalm: I forgot to add that Zimmerit could be a nice touch to the jagdtiger (IX)

Attached Files

  • Attached File   pm0184.jpg   218.77K
  • Attached File   7oaqir1ag4e11.jpg   108.37K


Grievous_1 #2 Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5771 battles
  • 1
  • [R-L] R-L
  • Member since:
    07-04-2016
Agreed bro I would like a re-model. :P

no_skill_bob #3 Posted 28 June 2020 - 06:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34656 battles
  • 2,437
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

thumbs up for you, Wg should really take a bit more effort on making the historical tank models as good as they possible can, but that doesn't make any money for them, at least not directly.

Anyway, first hd tanks, already look sd, compared to freshly made hd tank models, but hey at least we have new 2d/3d styles up for grabs on monthly basis for 15 eur, lol.

In general, i would like to see wg pushing graphics one step further - i mean, those who still play on pentium 4s combined with windows xp can barrely run sd client anyway. 



Robbie_T #4 Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:33 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22773 battles
  • 1,489
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

Somehow i like the jagdtiger also had some awesome games in it.

 



jabster #5 Posted 28 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • 28,166
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010
I’m not sure I’d say lazy as the Jagdtiger is shown in a historical configuration but saying that it would be nice just for a bit of variety to show one of them as an early production model.

Edited by jabster, 28 June 2020 - 07:59 PM.


Jagdtiger_Commander #6 Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 42183 battles
  • 123
  • [653RD] 653RD
  • Member since:
    07-04-2016

View Postno_skill_bob, on 28 June 2020 - 06:06 AM, said:

thumbs up for you, Wg should really take a bit more effort on making the historical tank models as good as they possible can, but that doesn't make any money for them, at least not directly.

Anyway, first hd tanks, already look sd, compared to freshly made hd tank models, but hey at least we have new 2d/3d styles up for grabs on monthly basis for 15 eur, lol.

In general, i would like to see wg pushing graphics one step further - i mean, those who still play on pentium 4s combined with windows xp can barrely run sd client anyway. 


Thanks man  and i agree with you!

18:56 Added after 2 minute

View Postjabster, on 28 June 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

I’m not sure I’d say lazy as the Jagdtiger is shown in a historical configuration but saying that it would be nice just for a bit of variety to share w show one of them as an early production model.


thanks for the feedback!

View Postjabster, on 28 June 2020 - 05:42 PM, said:

I’m not sure I’d say lazy as the Jagdtiger is shown in a historical configuration but saying that it would be nice just for a bit of variety to share w show one of them as an early production model.


thanks for the feedback!



malachi6 #7 Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,687
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

You would have to prove your assertion of lazy.  Also, easy is a loose (not lose) term when it comes to allocating, financial, technical and human resources to a project.

 

I would agree that it would be a "nice" to have.



Nazgarth #8 Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28472 battles
  • 1,287
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011
Great that you think this is the must fix issue of this game. :teethhappy:

DaniulSims #9 Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11477 battles
  • 1,085
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
Maybe make it so that, with the stock suspension, you get the Porsche suspension, while upgraded you get the Henschel one with more roadwheels.

If that were the case, I'd argue tho that the 88 should remain with the Porsche ones, seeing as you're a tier lower, it'd make sense that you get the "worse" deal.

Jagdtiger_Commander #10 Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 42183 battles
  • 123
  • [653RD] 653RD
  • Member since:
    07-04-2016

View PostNazgarth, on 28 June 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

Great that you think this is the must fix issue of this game. :teethhappy:

Dont go there, i know what needs fixing mate with this game, but I can ask for a Jagdtiger remodel regardless. :angry:



murn123 #11 Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13846 battles
  • 349
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostThe_King_Of_Sparta, on 28 June 2020 - 03:27 AM, said:

Hi all, :)

First i would like to start off that the Jagdtiger is my favourite tank ever, and  I am currantly grinding 3rd MoE in it.

I have noticed that the jagdtiger IX has the same hull and chassis as jagdtiger 8,8 cm VIII. Left jagdtiger 88 / right Jagdtiger IX.     unnamed.jpg1439322710_acz54rcaz8m.jpg

 

Apart from the Mantlet (And Gun) The tanks are the same.

 

This is really lazy for me personally as WG could easily just sort it out as I will explain later. Below is a jagdtiger with Porsche Suspension Compared to the Henschel one that we have currantly in game.

 

pm0184.jpg

I think that the Jagdtiger IX should have the Porsche Suspension but the Jagdtiger 8,8cm Should remain as it is with the Henschel.

 

Reason: (IX) Jagdtiger with 128mm pak 44 historically had both suspensions, but Jagdtiger was only re-equipped with the 88mm later on as 128mm fell short during production, so would make sense that jagdtiger 88mm should have henschel suspension as only 12 had porsches suspension, as it is more then likely the 88mm jagdtigers were based on latter.

 

Other details: Jagdtiger (IX) Should have more track links per side to take away the similarities, as well as maybe a few missing mud guards these were often prone to come away.

 

Final notes: This is my first post so please don't jump all over me :unsure: 

please let me know what you all think and maybe WG will do something about it one hopes!

 

regards the King!

02:35 Added after 7 minute
:facepalm: I forgot to add that Zimmerit could be a nice touch to the jagdtiger (IX)

:O How can you play this garbage tank called jagdtiger. The thing is slow and has no armor. Why do you like it so much?



malachi6 #12 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51526 battles
  • 4,687
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View Postmurn123, on 28 June 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

:O How can you play this garbage tank called jagdtiger. The thing is slow and has no armor. Why do you like it so much?

 

Thought exercise for you.  Is the OP you?  If the answer is not yes.  Then the answer to your question should be a little more obvious.



Nazgarth #13 Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28472 battles
  • 1,287
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostThe_King_Of_Sparta, on 28 June 2020 - 10:48 PM, said:

Dont go there, i know what needs fixing mate with this game, but I can ask for a Jagdtiger remodel regardless. :angry:

Find a way to monetise it then maybe WG will consider it.



24doom24 #14 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9571 battles
  • 1,948
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Postno_skill_bob, on 28 June 2020 - 05:06 AM, said:

thumbs up for you, Wg should really take a bit more effort on making the historical tank models as good as they possible can, but that doesn't make any money for them, at least not directly.

Anyway, first hd tanks, already look sd, compared to freshly made hd tank models, but hey at least we have new 2d/3d styles up for grabs on monthly basis for 15 eur, lol.

In general, i would like to see wg pushing graphics one step further - i mean, those who still play on pentium 4s combined with windows xp can barrely run sd client anyway. 

I don't think WG have considered historical accuracy in a very very long time:teethhappy::teethhappy:



Search_Warrant #15 Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29286 battles
  • 6,629
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Meanwhile FV4202 in game is also a crappy poor model and nothing like the original shape at all. WG, dont, care.

saxsan4 #16 Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25823 battles
  • 4,630
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 June 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

Meanwhile FV4202 in game is also a crappy poor model and nothing like the original shape at all. WG, dont, care.


what is issue with it?



no_skill_bob #17 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34656 battles
  • 2,437
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Post24doom24, on 29 June 2020 - 02:36 PM, said:

I don't think WG have considered historical accuracy in a very very long time:teethhappy::teethhappy:

well sure, we all know that :D if we had any historical accuracy, considering time period when each tank was designed, produced, used in combat, then tiger with its original short 88 would be tier 5, king tiger with porsche turret tier 6, KT with henschel turret tier 7,jagdpanther tier 6, ferdinand tier 7 and jagdtiger tier 8. But that would make soviet tanks look weak :D as an example t34-85 were entering combat at the same time, when germans had KTs and panthers + jagdtigers were pretty much ready as well, theoretically if a war would continue for several years, something like is-3 would most likely meet maus at some point. 

speaking about historical accuracy, they like to keep historically accurate armor layouts, especially if its a german tank, even though, in wot they meet tanks which didnt even have a blueprints at the time, when they saw combat. 

 


Edited by no_skill_bob, 29 June 2020 - 03:28 PM.


Search_Warrant #18 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:45 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 29286 battles
  • 6,629
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 29 June 2020 - 01:38 PM, said:


what is issue with it?


almost everything especially the turret. the dynamics are way too "tall" the roof slant was much lower and sleeker.

Actual FV4202 IRL

Spoiler

 This is SD with the wrong gun in WoT a while ago.

Spoiler

 

However, below is the tragic ugly mess they "HD" it into.

Spoiler

And suddenly, the tank looks wrong. The hull is correct, for the most part. But the turret..... the turret looks as if it has been dipping into the cookie jar a bit too often. Its too tall and the angles are wrong.

 

Sorry the spoiler thing messed up for some reason. sorry for derail also. but its partly the topic's reasoning.


Edited by Search_Warrant, 29 June 2020 - 03:51 PM.


saxsan4 #19 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25823 battles
  • 4,630
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 29 June 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:


almost everything especially the turret. the dynamics are way too "tall" the roof slant was much lower and sleeker.

Actual FV4202 IRL

Spoiler

 This is SD with the wrong gun in WoT a while ago.

Spoiler

 

However, below is the tragic ugly mess they "HD" it into.

Spoiler

And suddenly, the tank looks wrong. The hull is correct, for the most part. But the turret..... the turret looks as if it has been dipping into the cookie jar a bit too often. Its too tall and the angles are wrong.

 

Sorry the spoiler thing messed up for some reason. sorry for derail also. but its partly the topic's reasoning.


yes I see what you mean about the turret now







Also tagged with Jagdtiger, 88, VIII, IX, REMODEL, Skin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users