Jagdtiger Remodel

Jagdtiger 88 VIII IX REMODEL Skin

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Jagdtiger (IX) and 88mm (VIII) change (40 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should Jagdtiger (IX) have a new remodel?

1. Yes the tank needs a new remodel! (28 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No, I think the tank looks ok as it is. (12 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

GalmTwo #21 Posted 22 July 2020 - 06:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10216 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They did it with the Tiger as well, I am perfectly okay with remodels. JagdTiger needs love!

Thejagdpanther #22 Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41059 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
This thing need more than a mere exterior remodel.
gg anyway

Thalgardis #23 Posted 22 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21760 battles
Sure why not, do the remodel, but before that WG could take back the nerf to all the German engines, which was done for "historical reasons". 9.27 ht/p is too astmathic 

TIGERACE007 #24 Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16500 battles

View PostJagdtiger_Commander, on 28 June 2020 - 02:27 AM, said:

Hi all, :)

First i would like to start off that the Jagdtiger is my favourite tank ever, and  I am currantly grinding 3rd MoE in it.

I have noticed that the jagdtiger IX has the same hull and chassis as jagdtiger 8,8 cm VIII. Left jagdtiger 88 / right Jagdtiger IX.     unnamed.jpg1439322710_acz54rcaz8m.jpg

Apart from the Mantlet (And Gun) The tanks are the same.

This is really lazy for me personally as WG could easily just sort it out as I will explain later. Below is a jagdtiger with Porsche Suspension Compared to the Henschel one that we have currantly in game.

pm0184.jpg

I think that the Jagdtiger IX should have the Porsche Suspension but the Jagdtiger 8,8cm Should remain as it is with the Henschel.

Reason: (IX) Jagdtiger with 128mm pak 44 historically had both suspensions, but Jagdtiger was only re-equipped with the 88mm later on as 128mm fell short during production, so would make sense that jagdtiger 88mm should have henschel suspension as only 12 had porsches suspension, as it is more then likely the 88mm jagdtigers were based on latter.

Other details: Jagdtiger (IX) Should have more track links per side to take away the similarities, as well as maybe a few missing mud guards these were often prone to come away.

Final notes: This is my first post so please don't jump all over me :unsure: 

please let me know what you all think and maybe WG will do something about it one hopes!

regards the King!

02:35 Added after 7 minute
:facepalm: I forgot to add that Zimmerit could be a nice touch to the jagdtiger (IX)

Great idea, a Porsche suspension version would be an amazing touch to the in-game vehicle and would increase its differentiation. It bugs me a bit that they simply used the same model as the JT88 with simply a different gun and mantlet. Another important aspect that I think is overlooked is that the engine deck and the roof above the driver and radio operator were not at the same height on the real JagdTiger. The designers reduced the height of the roof above the radio operator and driver here to make it several centimetres lower than the engine deck and therefore allow the main gun to depress further. I think the in-game version simply has these at the same heights if I am not mistaken.

21:32 Added after 3 minute

View Postmurn123, on 28 June 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

:O How can you play this garbage tank called jagdtiger. The thing is slow and has no armor. Why do you like it so much?

Because it was the most powerful vehicle of any type to see action in the war and also the heaviest to ever see direct combat and as such should be treated with a bit more respect by the game designers. Oh yeah its German I forgot, never mind.

Maki711 #25 Posted 23 July 2020 - 03:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26715 battles
Additional to that, tier 9 JgdTiger should get upper plate buff. Almost every tank that it meets can pen it there.

Also tagged with Jagdtiger, 88, VIII, IX, REMODEL, Skin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users