Jump to content


D-Day


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Kessl #1 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18401 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    10-18-2012

Dear WG

When I open tankrewards.eu it says that the D-Day event would be until june 29th. Today is june 29th and there are no more missions, though my mission planer specificly saied they would reset 7am. I am 20 Points from the premium tank and spent quiet some time getting there.

I hope you understand when I say, that I am not only incredibly disappointd, but also feel betrayed and am really pissed!

Thats all I wanted to say.



LethalWalou #2 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:02 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35908 battles
  • 3,541
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012
It ended 29th 7:00 am CET just as the mission in game stated, well they say 6:59

Edited by LethalWalou, 29 June 2020 - 04:03 PM.


PowJay #3 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43122 battles
  • 6,024
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

And we have a winner! GJ. 

 

Edit- BTW http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/747279-tankrewards-heads-up-june-ended/


Edited by PowJay, 29 June 2020 - 04:22 PM.


shikaka9 #4 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 79490 battles
  • 2,487
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

no matter how many of those tankrewards will be ...

 

people, people never change :)



no_skill_bob #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34618 battles
  • 2,410
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
hard to read nowadays, i guess this covid quarantine, has a seriously affected educational system :D

Kessl #6 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18401 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    10-18-2012
WG never specifies a time, only a date. If they had written 9 am June 29th, I would have known it, but they did not. So I blame them!

NekoPuffer_PPP #7 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostKessl, on 29 June 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

WG never specifies a time, only a date. If they had written 9 am June 29th, I would have known it, but they did not. So I blame them!

 

This. I told them to put a time next to the date, but they promptly ignored it.

 

They very quickly fixed the poor visibility of the actual date on the official site, a problem I pointed out in the exact same post...but ignored the time suggestion.

 

It's funny. They put the exact time and date in the announcement article, but then don't put the time on the official page, where we go to regularly to track our progress...

 

The only place where it matters most, lacks this crucial information.

 

Stick to the forums. If they don't add a time to this next month's grind, I'll make yet another thread a few days before it's over just to remind people of the exact end time, which, going by the dates posted for it, would be the 28th again.



qpranger #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,757
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
D Day stands for Ebil Event?

AvengerOrion #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28977 battles
  • 1,393
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View PostKessl, on 29 June 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

WG never specifies a time, only a date. If they had written 9 am June 29th, I would have known it, but they did not. So I blame them!

 

https://worldoftanks...ards-june-2020/

 

Block Quote

From June 3 at 07:00 CEST to June 29 at 07:00 CEST (UTC+2)

 

Reading is for old people, I know.


Edited by AvengerOrion, 29 June 2020 - 04:55 PM.


PowJay #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43122 battles
  • 6,024
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostKessl, on 29 June 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

WG never specifies a time, only a date. If they had written 9 am June 29th, I would have known it, but they did not. So I blame them!

I am not going to pretend that you are wrong, but EVERY special event usually ends at server reset on the day in question. Certainly every weekend special starts on server restart on Saturday morning and ends at the same time on Tuesday morning. The stated date that the event ends is ALWAYS Tuesday and always at server restart (if that is indeed the end of the event). The Tank Rewards event is no different



NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostAvengerOrion, on 29 June 2020 - 04:55 PM, said:

Reading is for old people, I know.

 

Yeah, I know.

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 June 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

It's funny. They put the exact time and date in the announcement article, but then don't put the time on the official page, where we go to regularly to track our progress...

 

The only place where it matters most, lacks this crucial information.

 

How would you read something which has not yet been written?


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 29 June 2020 - 05:10 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46640 battles
  • 7,510
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostKessl, on 29 June 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

WG never specifies a time, only a date. If they had written 9 am June 29th, I would have known it, but they did not. So I blame them!

Everyone who bothered to read the news knew this would be the case.

You have only yourself to blame.



NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 29 June 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

Everyone who bothered to read the news knew this would be the case.

You have only yourself to blame.

 

It's easy to forget when it's your first time.

 

But, like I keep saying, all this confusion could be easily avoided if WG simply added the time next to the date on the official page where we track our progress.


Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 29 June 2020 - 06:06 PM.


no_skill_bob #14 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:10 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34618 battles
  • 2,410
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 June 2020 - 07:06 PM, said:

 

It's easy to forget when it's your first time.

 

But, like I keep saying, all this confusion could be easily avoided if WG simply added the time next to the date on the official page where we track our progress.

Is it really that hard to understand? from 3rd to 29th, whats so hard to understand? its from - to, which means that it starts at certain date and ends before certain date, not including 29th. sure in some cases when its written like that it might mean that 29th is the last day up until 23:59, but in general its more commonly used to state, that you have time until the midnight of the previous date, wot has the server restart in the morning, so the "date" change happens next day morning.



NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 29 June 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Is it really that hard to understand? from 3rd to 29th, whats so hard to understand? its from - to, which means that it starts at certain date and ends before certain date, not including 29th. sure in some cases when its written like that it might mean that 29th is the last day up until 23:59, but in general its more commonly used to state, that you have time until the midnight of the previous date, wot has the server restart in the morning, so the "date" change happens next day morning.

 

Hmm...

 

It technically ends on the 29th.

 

Going by your logic, it should say it ends on the 30th.

 

For me, and any other seasoned player, the way the dates are handled is common sense. But how would you then explain why we constantly - and consistently - get new threads popping up on the "final day" with people complaining about the missions suddenly disappearing? That's a rhetorical question, btw.



nagje #16 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24676 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    03-15-2014
 I hope next event will also give the end reward to the players that can´t grind every day. Players that pay but also have a life outside WoT.

no_skill_bob #17 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34618 battles
  • 2,410
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 June 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

 

Hmm...

 

It technically ends on the 29th.

 

Going by your logic, it should say it ends on the 30th.

 

For me, and any other seasoned player, the way the dates are handled is common sense. But how would you then explain why we constantly - and consistently - get new threads popping up on the "final day" with people complaining about the missions suddenly disappearing? That's a rhetorical question, btw.

exactly  it ends  on 29th as you say technically, just because of server restart time, otherwise it would end on 28th 23:59

 

all missions reset at same time every day, you know that yourself, you can do any mission until server restart and it has always counted as a previous day, there is absolutely nothing different with tankrewards missions.

 

OP has played since 2012, if he hasnt noticed such simple things, then well, its his problem.


Edited by no_skill_bob, 29 June 2020 - 07:31 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #18 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 29 June 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

exactly  it ends  on 29th as you say technically, just because of server restart time, otherwise it would end on 28th 23:59

 

all missions reset at same time every day, you know that yourself, you can do any mission until server restart and it has always counted as a previous day, there is absolutely nothing different with tankrewards missions.

 

OP has played since 2012, if he hasnt noticed such simple things, then well, its his problem.

 

So do you agree or disagree that a time should be added next to the date on the tankrewards.eu page?



no_skill_bob #19 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:42 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34618 battles
  • 2,410
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 June 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

 

So do you agree or disagree that a time should be added next to the date on the tankrewards.eu page?

no need for that. 



NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,410
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 29 June 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

no need for that. 

 

And with that, this discussion is over.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users