• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

chaser #1 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28105 battles
  • [CANDY] CANDY

Hi

I have a feature suggestion for tier 8-10 random matches. TOP experience player of the loosing team can choose one player from the loosing team bottom 10 and that player will compensate the TOP player's expenses for the match (repairs/all ammo/consumables/directives). My goal with this kind of feature would be to bankrupt the chronically bad players/bots, deter 1000 games players from playing tiers well above their skill level and reimburse the min/maxers who are getting molested by the infallible Wargaming matchmaking and bot detection. Due to +-2 matchmaking the mechanic could be limited to only your tier and higher meaning that a tier 8 can ask for reimbursement frorm tier 8,9 and 10 but a tier 9 in the same match can ask from tier 9 and 10. Thank you for your attention!

no_skill_bob #2 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 34618 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Hi

I have a feature suggestion for tier 8-10 random matches. TOP experience player of the loosing team can choose one player from the loosing team bottom 10 and that player will compensate the TOP player's expenses for the match (repairs/all ammo/consumables/directives). My goal with this kind of feature would be to bankrupt the chronically bad players/bots, deter 1000 games players from playing tiers well above their skill level and reimburse the min/maxers who are getting molested by the infallible Wargaming matchmaking and bot detection. Due to +-2 matchmaking the mechanic could be limited to only your tier and higher meaning that a tier 8 can ask for reimbursement frorm tier 8,9 and 10 but a tier 9 in the same match can ask from tier 9 and 10. Thank you for your attention!

i would chose arty players every time, lol.

ZlatanArKung #3 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 05:38 PM, said:

Hi

Players who drown will pay for all ammo and repairs in thar game would be better imo.

wsatnutter #4 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27578 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Will phone the dev dept first thing in the morning 

ZlatanArKung #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View Postno_skill_bob, on 29 June 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Me too.

24doom24 #6 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9571 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
:teethhappy::popcorn:

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Hi

Can't carry your own expenses? Try shooting less gold and remove food from your tank.

unhappy__bunny #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:15 PM

Brigadier

• 21427 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

Hi

would you be prepared to pay out if you had a bad/unlucky battle? 

chaser #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28105 battles
  • [CANDY] CANDY

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 June 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

Can't carry your own expenses? Try shooting less gold and remove food from your tank.

That's the point - by carrying I am doing someone else's part in addition to myself. I am doing the damage/spotting/tanking/assist that a "tomato" should be doing, hence I should be compensated for that. I am not here to amuse some 300 wn8 IS-7 player who fast-tracked one singe tree and now sits behind a TD or arty. In these situations shooting gold to penetrate every shot and running food to squeeze out the extra 10% is justified because well - you are carrying.

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 29 June 2020 - 07:15 PM, said:

would you be prepared to pay out if you had a bad/unlucky battle? 

Of course - I would not suggest something I am not fine with myself. I do have those 0 damage games and I have games where I am totally useless - I will take responsibilities for my tactical failures. Considering the current state of the game I am rather confident that a player doing idiotic stuff is picked instead of player with an unlucky spot or ammo rack.

Private_Miros #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

That's the point - by carrying I am doing someone else's part in addition to myself. I am doing the damage/spotting/tanking/assist that a "tomato" should be doing, hence I should be compensated for that. I am not here to amuse some 300 wn8 IS-7 player who fast-tracked one singe tree and now sits behind a TD or arty. In these situations shooting gold to penetrate every shot and running food to squeeze out the extra 10% is justified because well - you are carrying.

Of course - I would not suggest something I am not fine with myself. I do have those 0 damage games and I have games where I am totally useless - I will take responsibilities for my tactical failures. Considering the current state of the game I am rather confident that a player doing idiotic stuff is picked instead of player with an unlucky spot or ammo rack.

Before being elitist aren't you supposed to be... you know, somewhat elite?

qpranger #11 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
Arty always carries.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15150 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 08:47 PM, said:

That's the point - by carrying I am doing someone else's part in addition to myself. I am doing the damage/spotting/tanking/assist that a "tomato" should be doing, hence I should be compensated for that. 

If you don't get credits for spotting and dmg I suggest to contact custumor support, that doesn't sound right! Imagine all the pixels you've lost because of this!

The_Naa #13 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi

yes, lets make it so that the new players that come here and try populate the game who almost always have this favourite tank that just happens in this example to be on Tier 9 the JagdTiger (Me when i started the game) because WG so if he wants that tank that is his favourite as soon as possible he has to grind it and lets not let him get it because he is not ''ready'' and if he does get it and try's to learn how the game works in tier 8-10 lets make it so that he loses all his money Credits because someone happened to be better than him, after that lets send him angry messages after the game and then we can wonder why the game is losing players over time.

oh right and if he stays in lower tiers, lets call him a sealclubber and lets send him angry messages about that as well. yeah thats it. im sure this works and everything will work out great on getting new players to come and try the game.

chaser #14 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28105 battles
  • [CANDY] CANDY

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 29 June 2020 - 07:52 PM, said:

Before being elitist aren't you supposed to be... you know, somewhat elite?

Reading between the lines I have an understanding that you consider this mechanics elitist? Quite puzzled - can you please elaborate? I am not trying to get special treatment here as you can see - I am trying to do something WG has failed to do. With all the boosters and special events players are reaching high tier way too fast. I can understand that some player want to get to the big pew pew tanks and not grind the little pea shooters but you have to learn "to swim without the floats" before you can shoot the big guns.  

Private_Miros #15 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29728 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 08:14 PM, said:

Reading between the lines I have an understanding that you consider this mechanics elitist? Quite puzzled - can you please elaborate? I am not trying to get special treatment here as you can see - I am trying to do something WG has failed to do. With all the boosters and special events players are reaching high tier way too fast. I can understand that some player want to get to the big pew pew tanks and not grind the little pea shooters but you have to learn "to swim without the floats" before you can shoot the big guns.  

I agree with this one, you are doing yourself.

I am doing someone else's part in addition to myself.

You are being compensated for that. Doing more than average is what brings you wins, credits and xp, and if you are into that stats. If all the tomatos were doing their part they would be average, and so would you, and me, and anyone else.

I am doing the damage/spotting/tanking/assist that a "tomato" should be doing, hence I should be compensated for that.

You are actually. Everyone on the server contributes to the amusement of everyone else on the server. It would not be that amusing to be alone on the server.

I am not here to amuse some 300 wn8 IS-7 player who fast-tracked one singe tree and now sits behind a TD or arty.

chaser #16 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:37 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28105 battles
  • [CANDY] CANDY

View PostThe_Naa, on 29 June 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

yes, lets make it so that the new players that come here and try populate the game who almost always have this favourite tank that just happens in this example to be on Tier 9 the JagdTiger (Me when i started the game) because WG so if he wants that tank that is his favourite as soon as possible he has to grind it and lets not let him get it because he is not ''ready'' and if he does get it and try's to learn how the game works in tier 8-10 lets make it so that he loses all his money Credits because someone happened to be better than him, after that lets send him angry messages after the game and then we can wonder why the game is losing players over time.

oh right and if he stays in lower tiers, lets call him a sealclubber and lets send him angry messages about that as well. yeah thats it. im sure this works and everything will work out great on getting new players to come and try the game.

Very interesting example and viewpoint. So as I understand all other 14 players will just have to accept the fact that on this occasion they have a "special teammate" and watch in aww how the "newbro" fumbles down the hill while his counterpart is plowing through the opposite flank? This has quite heavy impact lets say in situations of 3/5/7 and the "newbro" is one of the 3.

Kdingo #17 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 33292 battles

View Postno_skill_bob, on 29 June 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
So basically... You fired way to much gold and still lost. So Steve has to cover you for it? Yeah if anything kills of the game faster for 80% of the players that are the "bad" you talk about in the first place tbh. It would be to support the "pros" consumable and gold habits. 

The_Naa #19 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12271 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchaser, on 29 June 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Very interesting example and viewpoint. So as I understand all other 14 players will just have to accept the fact that on this occasion they have a "special teammate" and watch in aww how the "newbro" fumbles down the hill while his counterpart is plowing through the opposite flank? This has quite heavy impact lets say in situations of 3/5/7 and the "newbro" is one of the 3.

yes you just have to live with the fact that there will be a new player in your team even you were a new player that did not have vast knowledge about the game and how much different the game is in tier 8-10.

and playing tier 1-7 really does not give you any idea how the game works as its so much different world out there.

http://wotreplays.eu...81fe6052c0c882f

because i can pull of games like this ^ in tier 10 heavy every other game no sweat. and this game taught me so me so much on how to use my armour and not get rekt in tier 10.

and that is the reason why we have +2MM so that new players start meeting bigger tanks early and have more time to learn all of them. thats how i learned all the weakspots and armour models on all the tanks back in the day. i did not know about any websites like Tanks.gg or even about the aim pointer assist thing that we have in game atm, i just shot the enemy tank all over the place and worked out what is a weakspot and what is not.

this is not a game like CoD where by shooting Bot's for 20 games you know how to play the game, and even if do learn how to kill bots in World of tanks its

A: not going to show you the possible skill cap between players so you can be killing bots left right and center no sweat and then realize that an actual random game plays nothing like a game against Bot's, because Road to berlin was basically a normal every day Assault/defend game mode in different maps, just against bots. 

and

B: the tier's are wastly different from each other unlike in normal FPS game where when you play the game and move up in levels the players against you stay about the same and so does the game play. you just got a new gun and the game stayed the same. but in World of Tanks when you start the game Tier 1 gameplay is different than Tier 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 and every time you need to learn your tank, the enemy tanks that are again different than in tier 2 if you bought a tier 8 premium for example. you cant learn everything just by playing lower tiers forever, you have to throw yourself out there and learn it bit by bit.

Spurtung #20 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 82273 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX
Man...imagine being that far up your own butt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users