Ridiculous losing streak - what am I supposed to do?

streak lose losing streak

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

bbrkrisztian #1 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

So basically I'm a relatively new player, but I got pretty experienced in the past few months. I'm playing since 2018, but I only had a few hundreds of games until this March. I boosted my win ratio with nearly by 5%, had good and bad games as well. My WN8 is balanced around 800-1k recently, I'm still improving. I had a pretty nice last week with like winning one game, then losing the next, then winning, then losing. I also had a carry with around 2k damage and 6 kills (I know it is the average battle for some of you, but for me, it was just so exciting and I'm proud of the result). When started my session today, I had exactly 47,01% WR. Something ludicrous happened, I played at least as decent as I used to in the past few weeks... But this is just so annoying! If it is not obvious for anyone that it was a clear losing streak WG put me in, I think you should play more between tier 5 and 8. I'm so frustrated and disappointed. Now I have less than 46,66% WR, I lost a lot by playing a few games. I know it sounds a bit stupid caring that much about wins, but there are just so many people mocking and laughing or calling me tomato or noob, it is so demotivating and hurts a bit. :(

I have absolutely no idea what can I do, but it happens like every two weeks when I had a few successful games. I know there are many threads about losing streak, but I didn't find anyone having this bad session, losing 15 games in a row, even when you are doing well... Please let me know what am I supposed to do in this situation, I really want to know! I'm open to any suggestion, I really really want to be better, I want to improve every day, but I just can't, it just feels so bad mentally when that happens...

https://i.imgur.com/ySMRfLB.png

Edited by krisztianbibor, 29 June 2020 - 09:03 PM.

Arissos #2 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46453 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

It is only 26 battles with that 26%,  so can be a result of pretty much anything. Are you playing new tank? Stock one? Different class? New crew?

Even if you would be playing your regular tanks, the sample size is small. 

Best thing would be to save your replays (all). Send some to wotreplays. Choose replay you feel you want some comments on and link here so you would get advice from more experienced players. Good luck and hope wins will come as you continue improving and getting experience.

jabster #3 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12855 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postkrisztianbibor, on 29 June 2020 - 08:00 PM, said:

So basically I'm a relatively new player, but I got pretty experienced in the past few months. I'm playing since 2018, but I only had a few hundreds of games until this March. I boosted my win ratio with nearly by 5%, had good and bad games as well. My WN8 is balanced around 800-1k recently, I'm still improving. I had a pretty nice last week with like winning one game, then losing the next, then winning, then losing. I also had a carry with around 2k damage and 6 kills (I know it is the average battle for some of you, but for me, it was just so exciting and I'm proud of the result). When started my session today, I had exactly 47,01% WR. Something ludicrous happened, I played at least as decent as I used to in the past few weeks... But this is just so annoying! If it is not obvious for anyone that it was a clear losing streak WG put me in, I think you should play more between tier 5 and 8. I'm so frustrated and disappointed. Now I have less than 46,66% WR, I lost a lot by playing a few games. I know it sounds a bit stupid caring that much about wins, but there are just so many people mocking and laughing or calling me tomato or noob, it is so demotivating and hurts a bit. :(

I have absolutely no idea what can I do, but it happens like every two weeks when I had a few successful games. I know there are many threads about losing streak, but I didn't find anyone having this bad session, losing 15 games in a row, even when you are doing well... Please let me know what am I supposed to do in this situation, I really want to know! I'm open to any suggestion, I really really want to be better, I want to improve every day, but I just can't, it just feels so bad mentally when that happens...

https://i.imgur.com/ySMRfLB.png

You can enable replays then upload say four of your last to WoT Replays and create a new thread with them linked. There’s lots of players that are more than happy to give advice. There is also an in-game chat channel called forumites, password play4fun, where you can platoon up with other players.

led

Kdingo #4 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 33301 battles
Without knowing how you play i can just say be more patient.
The team with more headless chickens trying to rush the game in less then a minute looses.

iraqxlol #5 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4490 battles

Thats bad? 

Even though I'm carrying my own weight each game,  

Last month, All my tanks are going below 45% win ratio, Hell even though i'm doing decent in my T110E3 I still have it at 40% win ratio! Thats crazy.

About 70% of the games I've played recently were completely steam roll, Can't even get more then 3 shells before my team  vanishes.

15-2/2-15 games are getting out of hand!

Here is my win rate and WN8 for my tier 10/9 Tanks. (Not all of them)

Emil 2: 39% / 1264 WN8 / 1625 average damage

Type 5 heavy: 46.9%/ 1249 WN8/ 1813 average damage

T110E3: 40.4%/ 1301 WN8 / 2107 average damage.

ST-2: 48%/  1500 WN8/ 1963.7 average damage.

T95: 53.2%/ 1600ish/ 1960ish

IS-3-II: 57.3%/ 1400ish/ 1567 

I'm not good player, But at least I'm carrying my own weight each game, Yet I feel like I'm cursed.

Any tank I'm playing exclusively is going down hill.

Edited by iraqxlol, 29 June 2020 - 09:53 PM.

Kdingo #6 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 33301 battles

View Postiraqxlol, on 29 June 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

I'm not good player, But at least I'm carrying my own weight each game, Yet I feel like I'm cursed.

When you have a platoon of 40% quadriplegic sniping from redline in their wheelchairs no carrying your own weight will matter.

Zombies platooning just hurt the team more then the enemy can.

Uh_Oh_ #7 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4480 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The issue i have with the game is that if you carry a huge amount and your team is full of utter idiots, you should get some sort of compensation if you come top/top2-3 damage/exp on a losing team. RNG is having way too much impact on this game now with the MM, 3/5/7, constant bottom tier, seemingly wildly unbalanced team matchups

/moan

bbrkrisztian #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

View PostArissos, on 29 June 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

It is only 26 battles with that 26%,  so can be a result of pretty much anything. Are you playing new tank? Stock one? Different class? New crew?

Best thing would be to save your replays (all). Send some to wotreplays. Choose replay you feel you want some comments on and link here so you would get advice from more experienced players. Good luck and hope wins will come as you continue improving and getting experience.

I'm not playing a new tank, I usually focus on one line to grind (in this case the Italian mediums). I don't like playing stock tanks so I use free xp to get the better engine and gun. My crew has one skill and trained to 100%, my commander is a female crew member (I got it from a mission). When it seems like the game doesn't let me win in a specific tank, I often switch tier and play a vehicle with similar characteristics, and when I still keep losing (even in games when I play well), I switch class and play something more relaxing and easy-to-play tank, like a td and I can camp a bit.

I'm using an SSD, so I don't have that big storage, so I set it to only save the last replay. Thanks for the tip, I'm sure if I have a game where I want some remarks I'll upload the replay to wotreplays and will link here. I'm happy to see you all being so helpful! :)

21:06 Added after 1 minute

View Postjabster, on 29 June 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

You can enable replays then upload say four of your last to WoT Replays and create a new thread with them linked. There’s lots of players that are more than happy to give advice. There is also an in-game chat channel called forumites, password play4fun, where you can platoon up with other players.

led

Thanks for the advice! Sure, I'll upload a few. Great to see the good side of the community, how helpful you guys are!

21:10 Added after 5 minute

View Postiraqxlol, on 29 June 2020 - 09:52 PM, said:

Thats bad? 

Even though I'm carrying my own weight each game,  

Last month, All my tanks are going below 45% win ratio, Hell even though i'm doing decent in my T110E3 I still have it at 40% win ratio! Thats crazy.

About 70% of the games I've played recently were completely steam roll, Can't even get more then 3 shells before my team  vanishes.

15-2/2-15 games are getting out of hand!

Here is my win rate and WN8 for my tier 10/9 Tanks. (Not all of them)

Emil 2: 39% / 1264 WN8 / 1625 average damage

Type 5 heavy: 46.9%/ 1249 WN8/ 1813 average damage

T110E3: 40.4%/ 1301 WN8 / 2107 average damage.

ST-2: 48%/  1500 WN8/ 1963.7 average damage.

T95: 53.2%/ 1600ish/ 1960ish

IS-3-II: 57.3%/ 1400ish/ 1567 

That's interesting... I was thinking I'm probably not the only one with so bad sessions, now I'm sure, that's the case for many of us. I'm clueless what can we do, I reckon because of the quarantine more players started playing, and this cause a huge lack of experience in most of the teams.

Kdingo #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

General

• Player
  • 33301 battles

View Postkrisztianbibor, on 29 June 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

Great to see the good side of the community, how helpful you guys are!

We just want you to feel save, while we sharpen the knifes in the background, so you are less likely to run away before.... dinner.

bbrkrisztian #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

View PostKdingo, on 29 June 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

We just want you to feel save, while we sharpen the knifes in the background, so you are less likely to run away before.... dinner.

Don't worry, I'm committed. I want to be a good player, I devote my free time to play, and will not going to stop anytime soon!

Kdingo #11 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 33301 battles

View Postkrisztianbibor, on 29 June 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

Don't worry, I'm committed. I want to be a good player, I devote my free time to play, and will not going to stop anytime soon!

Most important thing, have fun and don't develope ridiculous conspiracy theories as to why the game/wg decided to make you loose.

As long as you are open minded and reflect on how you play you surely will get better.

bbrkrisztian #12 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

View PostArissos, on 29 June 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5449930#redshire-krisztianbibor-p_43_ter

Here is my last game. It is a good example, this is what usually happens in most of the games I lost... I know I wasn't doing well, but I tried to do my job. I'm looking any remarks or tips what should I do to win say, this game, or games like this.

PS.: I know at the end yoloing in was the worst possible idea, but I knew it is going to be a lose, so I wanted a bit more damage...

Edited by krisztianbibor, 29 June 2020 - 10:48 PM.

Japualtah #13 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34680 battles

You win some you lose some, take it like a man and move on.

Oh, and remove XVM (or any mod, really) and just play the darn game.

bbrkrisztian #14 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

View PostJapualtah, on 29 June 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

You win some you lose some, take it like a man and move on.

Oh, and remove XVM (or any mod, really) and just play the darn game.

Yeah, I know, but when you lose a lot, you will start thinking it is probably not your fault, and can't be coincidental... But maybe it can be, you convinced me. By the way I'm not using any mod, I'm playing the game because I love playing it, but when I lose a lot I feel like it is just not worth it to play more (even when I want to), because it will just make my stats worse...

moenie #15 Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:59 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21244 battles

Losing many games will often demoralise you and make you feel inept, it happens to all of us.

The best thing to do imo when constantly losing is to stop playing, give yourself a break and then come back to the game with a refreshed mind.

More often than not you will notice the difference in how you play is affected by your state of mind.

(smarter plays, more level headed) etc..

Edited by moenie, 29 June 2020 - 11:00 PM.

Kdingo #16 Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 33301 battles

View Postkrisztianbibor, on 29 June 2020 - 10:47 PM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5449930#redshire-krisztianbibor-p_43_ter

Here is my last game. It is a good example, this is what usually happens in most of the games I lost... I know I wasn't doing well, but I tried to do my job. I'm looking any remarks or tips what should I do to win say, this game, or games like this.

PS.: I know at the end yoloing in was the worst possible idea, but I knew it is going to be a lose, so I wanted a bit more damage...

I ll give it a look after my shift.

Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 30 June 2020 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36269 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Lost 6 in a row in my Super Hellcat yesterday

Won 6 in a row in it today

I didn't have an overnight brain transplant

Stuff happens

StronkiTonki #18 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36311 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Try to see if your team will camp or play agressively, and adjust to your team's playstyle.

Don't try to push a flank with only a few tanks as support, make sure it's absolutely safe, and only go as far as you can, without losing a way to fall back if needed.

It's very easy to play too agressive and get instakilled. But it's also easy to be camping and not getting any targets the entire battle.

So make sure you study the map, see if there's a big group of allies going to attack or hold a good defense somewhere, and join them.

If you see a certain flank is failing, adjust accordingly as well, and camp in a way that will let you get free shots on them.

Keep falling back when you have to.

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Go to STEAMS summer sale and buy some an actually fun game 

bbrkrisztian #20 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2110 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 June 2020 - 01:18 AM, said: