Jump to content


Krupp Steyr Waffenträger


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

TurboGrevling #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 813 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    05-31-2020

If you haven't picked a reward tank yet, do not pick this.

Bad dpm, bad mobility, low alpha, mediocre penetration, and absolutely horrendous gun handling. It says 0.32 dispersion, which is a lie as your fully aimed shots will hit someone in another match half of the time. Gun depression is obstructed frontally by two blocks, so you have to position with your [edited]out. You're too slow to get into forward bushes, so you sit in the redline being irrelevant for 99% of the time, missing fully aimed shots, and when you do hit it doesn't pen because this thing faces tier 9s.

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile about this TD.

I average higher damage in the tier 4 Stug. I figured it would suffice as a german TD crew trainer, but no, there are absolutely no redeeming qualities of this tank. Unless tanking your WR% and WN8 is your thing.


Edited by TurboGrevling, 30 June 2020 - 01:47 PM.


qpranger #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:47 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,756
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
But it looks cute.

Uh_Oh_ #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4458 battles
  • 171
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-05-2019

1 hit me in a game once.

 

True story



hellhound6 #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11415 battles
  • 323
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    10-01-2015

View PostTurboGrevling, on 30 June 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

If you haven't picked a reward tank yet, do not pick this.

Bad dpm, bad mobility, low alpha, mediocre penetration, and absolutely horrendous gun handling. It says 0.32 dispersion, which is a lie as your fully aimed shots will hit someone in another match half of the time. Gun depression is obstructed frontally by two blocks, so you have to position with your [edited]out. You're too slow to get into forward bushes, so you sit in the redline being irrelevant for 99% of the time, missing fully aimed shots, and when you do hit it doesn't pen because this thing faces tier 9s.

There is absolutely nothing worthwhile about this TD.

I average higher damage in the tier 4 Stug. I figured it would suffice as a german TD crew trainer, but no, there are absolutely no redeeming qualities of this tank. Unless tanking your WR% and WN8 is your thing.



Its nice TD with great gun and insane camo

Use camo net camo skill and you will get great results

Its hard to get spoted at low tiers

55%WR and an average 1500dmg while I have no sixth sense skill means that its hard to get spoted :trollface:


Edited by hellhound6, 30 June 2020 - 01:57 PM.


MaxandChloe4ever #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:00 PM

    General of the Army

  • Moderator
  • 254 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016
It sells for more. :trollface:

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53579 battles
  • 6,853
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
not played mine yet but seems to have pretty good DPM, accuracy is better than most, and camo is good.

azakow #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87314 battles
  • 5,367
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

Mine performs at 1.5k dmg per match and 57% WR, max dmg 4.2k dmg.

It is glas cannon with a lawnmower engine.

I am using it backwards and have no issues with that.

I am fine with it.

 



hjorte #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22469 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostTurboGrevling, on 30 June 2020 - 01:45 PM, said:

If you haven't picked a reward tank yet, do not pick this.

 

 

Too late LOL :facepalm:

I picked it up and in my first battle with it some days ago, I did a deliberate precision test. You may find it amusing:

 



NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,409
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Posthjorte, on 30 June 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

Too late LOL :facepalm:

I picked it up and in my first battle with it some days ago, I did a deliberate precision test. You may find it amusing:

 

 

Any tank would miss that...RNG is the same for all classes, except artillery.



Thejagdpanther #10 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:38 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40007 battles
  • 5,034
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View Posthjorte, on 30 June 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

Too late LOL :facepalm:

I picked it up and in my first battle with it some days ago, I did a deliberate precision test. You may find it amusing:

 

 

If I were in that tog I would be pissed... hey you hit the IS 2 times!!! It's more than enough. :trollface:

 

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 30 June 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

Any tank would miss that...RNG is the same for all classes, except artillery.


lol 2/10


Edited by Thejagdpanther, 30 June 2020 - 02:39 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #11 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,409
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostThejagdpanther, on 30 June 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

lol 2/10

 

Am I supposed to laugh?



frange #12 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33503 battles
  • 291
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View Posthellhound6, on 30 June 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:



Its nice TD with great gun and insane camo

Use camo net camo skill and you will get great results

Its hard to get spoted at low tiers

55%WR and an average 1500dmg while I have no sixth sense skill means that its hard to get spoted :trollface:

 

This.
Its a mini RHM and with full camo crew, paint and net along with binos it is a really sneaky bushwanker long range sniper. Id say the absolute opposite of the gun, great sniper gun and penning have never been a problem, one of the few tanks I hardly ever dab the skill ammo button. About the rear gun depression, have you played the WT Pz IV you will be used to how to tackle it.
But its far from as problematic as the extreme depression/elevation values of the WT. 

 

Have had fantastic results with it and carried a lot of matches. The key is just to NEVER GET SPOTTED. Which it does great.


Edited by frange, 30 June 2020 - 02:44 PM.


hjorte #13 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22469 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 30 June 2020 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

Any tank would miss that...

 

No.



Negativvv #14 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16357 battles
  • 2,369
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I already had the Thunderbolt and Firefly so this thing was my only choice.

 

Feels like a bad Skorp to play but hey it was free...



azakow #15 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87314 battles
  • 5,367
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Posthjorte, on 30 June 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

Too late LOL :facepalm:

I picked it up and in my first battle with it some days ago, I did a deliberate precision test. You may find it amusing:

 

:facepalm:

Distance 510m

at fully aimed the target fills at max about 20% of the aim circle.

I guess you have missed alot of classes at tanking acadamy, did you?

 

#1 on EU server has 66% hit rate.


Edited by azakow, 30 June 2020 - 02:57 PM.


NekoPuffer_PPP #16 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37074 battles
  • 5,409
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Posthjorte, on 30 June 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

No.

 

At a target that is 500m away?

 

Yes. Yes it would.

 

Are you people playing dumb on purpose just to annoy me or something?...



hjorte #17 Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22469 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View Postazakow, on 30 June 2020 - 02:55 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Distance 510m

at fully aimed the target fills at max about 20% of the aim circle.

I guess you have missed alot of classes at tanking acadamy, did you?

 

#1 on EU server has 66% hit rate.

 

I may have expected too much of the gun. I'll see how it performs in the next battles.



Thejagdpanther #18 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 40007 battles
  • 5,034
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 30 June 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

 

Am I supposed to laugh?

 

yes, because you also know that if a kv2 had passed over the track without stopping and turning the turret it would have detonated both ... with a single shot ofc.

:P


Edited by Thejagdpanther, 30 June 2020 - 03:18 PM.


PowJay #19 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43122 battles
  • 6,024
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
I haven't played mine yet, but then I haven't played my Pudel or Type 64 either. I have a 4+ skill crew to pop into mine. If it can't perform with that, then I will be worried.

_6i6_ #20 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26185 battles
  • 609
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

played around 50 battles with it as a rental(sadly i wasnt around to compltete the tank rewards so i could claim it)

Yes the gun handling is a bit bad for extremely long range accuracy, but having a camo that exceeds 64,5 or so, is insane -  and for medium to long distances the gun is definitely okay.

It;s an even more sneaky Borsig!(and also as slow as borsig)

I actually quite liked it :)


Edited by _6i6_, 30 June 2020 - 03:45 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users