• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 1519 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Greetings commanders,

I am trying this new concept on the EN forum inspired by the French forum.

I'll be collecting all of your questions in the coming days and I'll get back to you with some answers.

It goes without saying, not all the questions will be answered but I will try to answer as many as I can within the limits of confidentiality.

I will be mainly re sharing information and past announcements from our different channels and will not be revealing future leaks or answer questions like "when will this tank be sold on the shop".

The thread will be pinned in the announcement section so feel free to ask or suggest anything that comes to your mind.

Hopefully this concept this will improve the communication. Let's see how it goes!

Here are the questions that were posted in the previous thread. 

Spoiler

Looking forward to hearing your questions and may the RNG gods grant you their blessings. :honoring:

Alcoholic_Hellhound #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39752 battles

I like this idea, so Id like to ask.

1. Are there any plans, any thoughts, about Italian TD line for the future. Stuff like all the different Semoventi.

2. This one might sound little salty, but. Is Wargaming aware that tier X german light tank, the amazing Flipoverwagen is possibly the worst tier X tank in entire game, and it seems like nobody cares. Is there any hope WG could look at how bad/mediocre some of the tier X light tanks are and think about some buffs? 

Like I dont know what you know and what you dont, to which informations you have access or something and to which not, so I asked like first two things that came to my mind.

MaxandChloe4ever #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:20 PM

General of the Army

• 254 battles

Hi Dwigt! I have a couple of questions for you.

Regarding Grand Battle

Is it possible to do some digging and share with us the stats of how many players (who can enable Grand Battle) actually do that, and how many Grand Battle games are there out of all tier 10 only matches over a specific period of time, just to show how many players actually want to get into this mode and how many Grand Battles are there? Cause right now, I know a lot of players who simply uncheck Grand Battle and be done with it. I think one of the main reasons is the lack of educational content/ gameplay for this mode, so the players are reluctant to play. I think it would be a great idea for WG to introduce an educational video as you did with the Berlin map to give players a little more idea on how to play? Right now off the top of my head, I can't even name the 2 maps (I think its 2, but correct me if I'm wrong) for Grand Battles.

Reward tanks

Recent high tier reward tanks have been considered overpowered by the majority of the community, namely the T95/FV4201 and the Obj. 279e. These vehicles are just simply too good stats-wise, and can perform very well, and even more deadly in the hands of good players, which is the majority of players who currently possess these tanks. They will not be allowed to be used in Ranked Battles as stated by an announcement earlier. The reason for it was I think WG wants players to compete in the competitive game mode with what is available to all the players and to utilize their skill to get wins, not superior tanks as compared to the tech tree vehicles. Will WG go one step further, and ban them from strongholds/ clan wars once and for all.  Cause the idea of wanting player to solely rely on their skills, not the difference in the characteristics of their vehicles still hold true for strongholds and clan wars. That way you can even eliminate the phenomenon of "you need a CW reward tank to participate in CW, but you can't get a CW reward tank if you don't participate in CW". It can possibly even attract more decent players who do not possess a CW reward tank to participate in CW with a competitive clan.

So essentially what I am proposing is, limit these reward tanks so that they cannot play in any competitive gaming mode of WoT.

In-game toxicity

Right now there are more people cursing, insulting others in the in-game chat (team chat, gen chat, PM) than to actually communicate, say relay information in the team chat, conduct a casual conversation in gen chat, or congratulating a player for carrying. I myself have been called an idiot, a reroll (when this is my only account on this server, so it's not like I actively want to be a re-roll), a bot, my mother been wished certain stuff etc. I, as a fair player and a moderator, believe in Player Support, even though Support on EU only gives you an automated reply when you are reporting for any kind of chat violation unless these violations contain real-life threats. However, I think the EU server could use a little more hands in dealing with the toxicity in chat. Maybe you can consider appointing more chat moderators, besides the current Support staff which is tasked with monitoring the gen chat. So that you can have more coverage, and possibly coverage mid-battle, so that when a rule violations occur, it could be swiftly dealt with. On the ASIA server, we actually have appointed chat moderators. If you would like more information on this you can shoot me a PM on Discord any time. You know where to find me. :teethhappy:

And finally, one last question which is non-game related

Dwigt is so mysterious that most players know so little about since you have started as CM for the EN community. Will you tell us more about yourself like where you come from, and will we be seeing you on the WoT EU stream anytime soon? :trollface::trollface::trollface:

Nebuched #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

Why can't I sell or hide crew books/blueprints for nations I refuse to use ? The standard economy in WOT does not promote grinding so many lines at once, nor do I like every nation's grind/playstyle. 

Will there ever be a feature to change this ?

17:30 Added after 2 minute

View PostMaxandChloe4ever, on 30 June 2020 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hi Dwigt! I have a couple of questions for you.

Regarding Grand Battle

Is it possible to do some digging and share with us the stats of how many players (who can enable Grand Battle) actually do that, and how many Grand Battle games are there out of all tier 10 only matches over a specific period of time, just to show how many players actually want to get into this mode and how many Grand Battles are there? Cause right now, I know a lot of players who simply uncheck Grand Battle and be done with it. I think one of the main reasons is the lack of educational content/ gameplay for this mode, so the players are reluctant to play. I think it would be a great idea for WG to introduce an educational video as you did with the Berlin map to give players a little more idea on how to play? Right now off the top of my head, I can't even name the 2 maps (I think its 2, but correct me if I'm wrong) for Grand Battles.

Reward tanks

Recent high tier reward tanks have been considered overpowered by the majority of the community, namely the T95/FV4201 and the Obj. 279e. These vehicles are just simply too good stats-wise, and can perform very well, and even more deadly in the hands of good players, which is the majority of players who currently possess these tanks. They will not be allowed to be used in Ranked Battles as stated by an announcement earlier. The reason for it was I think WG wants players to compete in the competitive game mode with what is available to all the players and to utilize their skill to get wins, not superior tanks as compared to the tech tree vehicles. Will WG go one step further, and ban them from strongholds/ clan wars once and for all.  Cause the idea of wanting player to solely rely on their skills, not the difference in the characteristics of their vehicles still hold true for strongholds and clan wars. That way you can even eliminate the phenomenon of "you need a CW reward tank to participate in CW, but you can't get a CW reward tank if you don't participate in CW". It can possibly even attract more decent players who do not possess a CW reward tank to participate in CW with a competitive clan.

So essentially what I am proposing is, limit these reward tanks so that they cannot play in any competitive gaming mode of WoT.

In-game toxicity

Right now there are more people cursing, insulting others in the in-game chat (team chat, gen chat, PM) than to actually communicate, say relay information in the team chat, conduct a casual conversation in gen chat, or congratulating a player for carrying. I myself have been called an idiot, a reroll (when this is my only account on this server, so it's not like I actively want to be a re-roll), a bot, my mother been wished certain stuff etc. I, as a fair player and a moderator, believe in Player Support, even though Support on EU only gives you an automated reply when you are reporting for any kind of chat violation unless these violations contain real-life threats. However, I think the EU server could use a little more hands in dealing with the toxicity in chat. Maybe you can consider appointing more chat moderators, besides the current Support staff which is tasked with monitoring the gen chat. So that you can have more coverage, and possibly coverage mid-battle, so that when a rule violations occur, it could be swiftly dealt with. On the ASIA server, we actually have appointed chat moderators. If you would like more information on this you can shoot me a PM on Discord any time. You know where to find me. :teethhappy:

And finally, one last question which is non-game related

Dwigt is so mysterious that most players know so little about since you have started as CM for the EN community. Will you tell us more about yourself like where you come from, and will we be seeing you on the WoT EU stream anytime soon? :trollface::trollface::trollface:

Maybe he will keep his mask on there too...

Edited by Nebuched, 30 June 2020 - 06:28 PM.

mynameispuffs #5 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28311 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Many people out there, myself included, are colourblind and we use the 'Colourblind Mode' in the settings. This is extremely useful as it means I can actually see what I'm doing. But why is it that my reload timer remains red/green?! Driving around, especially in woods/heavy foliage areas, makes it nigh on impossible to see at times. It's not game-breaking by any stretch of the imagination, but really frustrating and a massive pain having to go off the audio queues and shell selection at the bottom of the screen.

There was also the issue in the Berlin PvE event, that borders where you could/couldn't go were in red. My clan-mates will confirm the times I drove right through them and got nuked, simply because I could not see them.... :teethhappy:  So for future events, if we have colourblind mode selected, can we actually have the colourblind UI in place?! Obviously everyone will have different levels of severity so this may/may not be an issue for them, but it would be nice to have it addressed as an overall thing.   

killermachine01 #6 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12486 battles
  • [KRL] KRL
What about blueprint fragment conversion, will that be possible in near future or not? Also, is there any chance that we could sell directives for credits (maybe bonds but credits is more realistic option)?

saxsan4 #7 Posted 02 July 2020 - 08:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25725 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Are there any plans for a South Africa Tree? I have looked and there is enough for a full line of lights and a offspring  Medium

Are there plans for Chieftain Mk 6 to come to the PC server?

Are there plans for nation v nation random battles to come back?

Will Type 59 be available to buy ?

When will bond shop tanks be updated?

Will you look at testing +1/-1 mm for all tiers?, or perhaps have it a trial week like which was done on WOT consol

Please can you think about bringing back preferential mm for some premiums such as M4 improved , A45/fv201 and others which are severely underpowered in +2 mm

Will you consider allowing us to block 3 maps instead of 2?

Will you look at adding these British tanks:

Churchil AVRE , FV4401 Contetious , Harry Hopkins, Tetrarch , FV303, Vickers MBT , Crusader AT , Comres 75 and British wheeled tanks

Sorry for lots of question about the UK tech tree but they are my favourite :) 

Edited by saxsan4, 02 July 2020 - 08:13 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 37074 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

When will you add a time next to the date on the tankrewards.eu page?

Currently, the time is not shown anywhere on the site.

While it is still shown in the announcement article, that article gets buried by other news by the end of the month. People only look at the date on the page where they track their progress. By the time the event's almost over, it's easy to forget the last day doesn't count as a full day.

For example, July's Tank Rewards, from 2 - 29 July. It ends in the morning of the 29th, before the server reset.

New threads/posts keep popping up every single month, people complaining they missed their last chance because they thought the last day counted as a full day.

Will there ever be new game modes for Random Battles? I've had a recent idea, based on the gameplay in World of Warplanes and World of Warships - multiple bases (3+). Due to the maps in those games being much larger, this mode could be a replacement for Grand Battles, or an alternative co-existing mode for those maps, but with 15 players per team. Like in WoWP, multiple respawns, and resource/points gathering from captured bases/objectives.

I sometimes feel like the queue times are too short. I often instinctively press the battle button and forget to change things on a tank, or remember I wanted to check something before entering battle, but I sometimes get thrown into a battle in a second, and can't exit the queue then, obviously... Is there a possibility to add a "minimum queue time" of 5 seconds or so, or add it as an option in the settings somehow?

Will we ever get multiple hangar options such as the ports in World of Warships? I know, we get a special hangar during every big event...but I'm asking about a different default hangar option.

mpf1959 #9 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 37688 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Hello Dwight,

I want to ask if WG will ever allow us to sell unwanted special skins/camo's.

Almost everything in the game has a silver credits value, so why not these? 

edit: or even swap them for a universal camo such as the Ranger, Black Widow etc.

Edited by mpf1959, 02 July 2020 - 12:24 PM.

2015do #10 Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11013 battles
  • [GARA] GARA
Can someone please fix intro-clip on Russian dublle barrels and Italian autoloaders ?

Gruff_ #11 Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26012 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW
What time is love?

Alcoholic_Hellhound #12 Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39752 battles

I will add something.

Are there any plans / could we please have more historical (historically inspired) 3D skins for vehicles that saw actual combat? Or not necessarily for tanks that saw combat but for historical tanks that were made, are in museums, some of them are still in reserves like second gen MBTs tier X mediums. Otto Carius for Tiger I, Vietnam style for Sheridan, JGSDF STB-1,...

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 75319 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

Nice:

Why isnt paint valued as cammo. We can paint our tank with base or funny colors but they dont give us the camo bonus while we do have to pay for them.

Why is the mappingspam protection taking so long. It has been on the known issues list for three years now.

Why is wargaming so slow with building some tiny mods that make the game so much better into the game. Yes I know mods, but they dont always get updated quickly, certainly not anymore with the 4 patches each month. The one I would most value would be the enemy spotted lightbulbs. That would make the game so much better for all players.

Will Wargaming ever do something with the other CC Commanders. Really a missed chance in my opinion that we werent able to buy the others after a while. Would love to add Mailand, Dez and AEG also to my tanks as commanders.

efs0sajeti #14 Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1111 battles

My question is why are you deleting my question (it was a good, legit question)? This topic was dead and you can say i brought it back to life... You should be thankful for that but you decide to delete my post because its your personal opinion that you dont like it? I didnt break any forum rules, i did not get a penalty or warning point and it still got deleted. You thought i wont notice it? LoL!

BTW i have screenshots for you know what :)

efs0sajeti #15 Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1111 battles
Oh, and one more real question: do you think gameplay regarding HE spamm is starting to be a problem? And if yes, when can we expect a fix? In my experience 100% more players shoot HE now on corners. When i check the players after games they are usually bellow some average. The problem i have with this is that bad players are rewarded for spamming HE. For example, this happened lots of times to me: me in obj 703 II on 1 corner and a VK P super heavy on the other corner. Both hull down. I aim for his weakspot cupola and bounce. He shoots me with HE for 300 and damages my gun with no aiming. I switch to HEAT and bounce again. He splashes me for 300 again and kills my gunner. AFter 2 mins i have no HP and i spent 100k silver on HEAT and repairs while he is full HP and he even got to shoot ammo that is cheaper than regular ammo. To me its just absurd.Players should be forced to learn how to aim for weakspots and when to shoot gold or HE.The HE spam also lowers WGs income because players get to do damage for free without needing gold or premium account to pay for that gold. Its only logical that the winner in this kind of  a fight should be the better player +-25% luck lol.

moenie #16 Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21228 battles
  • [L-I] L-I

1. What is the current status of the rock collision model fix (ice rocks) due to both engines running at the same time and not aligning properly.

2. Will there be a more in depth behind the scenes look at development? (sound, art, coding, in-house testing) etc..

3. Will there be more historical modes in the future? (perhaps a revisited historical battles)

4. Will you add quality of life features in to the game (calculator, date/time) etc..

5. Any minor/major long term plans not already mentioned?

6. Will we see existing tech trees fleshed out? (Japan, Poland, Italy, Czech) etc..

7. Any collaborations the team would like to have with other media or brands?

8. What does the team think of the game so far?

9. Any tanks you or the team would personally like to see added?

10. Do you have input into the development, i,e.. does head office take suggestions from all sub branches or is it strictly acted upon from them?

Thanks for the opportunity Dwigt.

Edited by moenie, 09 July 2020 - 07:27 PM.

Also tagged with Q&A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users