About raging bot players, sober post.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Alcoholic_Hellhound #1 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39749 battles

A calm, sober post this time. 

Your random angry [insert number] botic player, lets go with 46 % example for this topic. I dont know how about you, but Ive got a feeling that their number is increasing like year after year, and that sometimes, mostly during weekends or some holidays, random sometimes becomes infested with them. Now this is not a topic/or rant or call it howewer you want against bad players, this is about bot players who have some ammount of battles already lets say 15/20K + battles, on which they ideally should know something about the game, but its not about that they still play badly, there are people who have like a reason to have large ammount of battles and still play well lets be honest, badly - XY reasons for this I believe everyone can think of something, but by the divines, when you see the 46 % bots doing stuff like suicidal rushes, and then ping spamming other players because do didnt commit Banzai with them, camper bots asking lights to do suicidal spotting rush, and ping spamming you if dont go, or simply in general bots raging and spamming you because they dont understand your position, they dont understand what you are doing, ...

Sure, you can blacklist those people, but maybe there should be some automatic and rather cruel but strict automatic detection chat system, that would not auto-chat-ban people for a week or something, but for the duration of battle. Lets say you have this bot player who does absolutely stupid thing in battle and starts crying, raging, ping spamming and is annoying to literally entire rest of the team. So he starts with some crying-raging insults to players who arent dead yeat and have idea what they are doing, then proceeds to ping spamming, and SLAP, gets chat-banned for the rest of the battle. Like when a dad gives proper slap to rude angry kid. 

This would simply, show them. Show them that this behavior will not be tolerated. And it would not work only against angry bots, but also against good players who get mad at others. Battle chat-ban, people would chill out (hopefully), and log another battle. 

There are some seriously ..... special players in this game that play like ..... , cry and rage in battles, annoy players who are actually trying to win, help the team, be usefull, .... and then they log more battles and do this again. With this system, they would just get this "slap", and perhaps think about themselves. I would get banned like this also, from time to time, and I would not mind. 

shikaka9 #2 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 79373 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

for me this is very emotional

slap

Edited by shikaka9, 30 June 2020 - 04:13 PM.

Grimmx__ #3 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3096 battles

Today i got raged on by a Unicum that yoloo'ed the enemy base in his E25, then died alone because i couldnt keep up with my Firefly going uphill.:great:

He died like a noob, then blamed a random guy on his team for his death. (me)

The only reason you get less crap from Unicums is because its fewer of them IMO.

Isharial #4 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26621 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPathethicc_Noob, on 30 June 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

A calm, sober post this time. 

Your random angry [insert number] botic player, lets go with 46 % example for this topic. I dont know how about you, but Ive got a feeling that their number is increasing like year after year, and that sometimes, mostly during weekends or some holidays, random sometimes becomes infested with them. Now this is not a topic/or rant or call it howewer you want against bad players, this is about bot players who have some ammount of battles already lets say 15/20K + battles, on which they ideally should know something about the game, but its not about that they still play badly, there are people who have like a reason to have large ammount of battles and still play well lets be honest, badly - XY reasons for this I believe everyone can think of something, but by the divines, when you see the 46 % bots doing stuff like suicidal rushes, and then ping spamming other players because do didnt commit Banzai with them, camper bots asking lights to do suicidal spotting rush, and ping spamming you if dont go, or simply in general bots raging and spamming you because they dont understand your position, they dont understand what you are doing, ...

Sure, you can blacklist those people, but maybe there should be some automatic and rather cruel but strict automatic detection chat system, that would not auto-chat-ban people for a week or something, but for the duration of battle. Lets say you have this bot player who does absolutely stupid thing in battle and starts crying, raging, ping spamming and is annoying to literally entire rest of the team. So he starts with some crying-raging insults to players who arent dead yeat and have idea what they are doing, then proceeds to ping spamming, and SLAP, gets chat-banned for the rest of the battle. Like when a dad gives proper slap to rude angry kid. 

This would simply, show them. Show them that this behavior will not be tolerated. And it would not work only against angry bots, but also against good players who get mad at others. Battle chat-ban, people would chill out (hopefully), and log another battle. 

There are some seriously ..... special players in this game that play like ..... , cry and rage in battles, annoy players who are actually trying to win, help the team, be usefull, .... and then they log more battles and do this again. With this system, they would just get this "slap", and perhaps think about themselves. I would get banned like this also, from time to time, and I would not mind. 

on the point of having an influx of bad players, well.. yes, there does appear to be that but i dont think its simply because their "special" and completely incapable of moving a pixel tank about, i think its because of a number of factors, ones less attributed to being a pig farmer or a bot:

1) its alot easier to get to higher tiers - xp boosters and blueprints have enabled me personally to jump from T6-9 in some lines without playing a game on any of those tanks between.... it's ok for people of average or above ability since they already know the maps and generally have a few thousand games and a couple of 3 marked tanks under their belt: new players however? ; jumping from 4-8 or so is really bad given i'm not even sure T4 get the full map rotation and their crews will surely be rubbish - it really wont help thier winrates or ability in game

2) because of point 1), you get a rift between those that spent 1000's of games learning, and those that have yet to do so, causing landslides as one team ends up with more "unlearned" players than the other - could WG do something about this? absolutely.

3) balance has gone out the window and the game speed has increased as of recent (namely wheelies); people tend to yolo them now and that skews it further. - it certainly doesnt help the landslide games and the rollovers

4) lack of information *within* the game, in terms of teaching and guidance. what i mean is there's no suggestion's or anything to say "hey, your new around here, it would be easier and more fun to stick around in the lower tiers. reaching TX isnt end game and its for those with a mass of games and knowledge" 

anyone now gets a free T6 as soon as they start (basically) and you can buy T8's whenever you want. its bad for those who are new given they havent a clue what to do. it certainly doesnt help the quality of the matches.

what can we or WG do about it?

1 & 2) they could make blueprints and premium tanks unavailable to those without a certain number of games. perhaps limited until the 5k+ mark, so that the player can advance through the tiers as we once would have. gold and credits wouldnt be affected so WG would still get money out of these players in some forms atleast.

3) is for another topic, but relevant here still as a point

4) new tooltips and banners would help, as well as ingame guides. perhaps even a WG run "clan" that runs along the lines of the old SGTA teaching clan that used to be around. - this would help WG themselves as they'd be actively involved in the game as well that way

BravelyRanAway #5 Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25724 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
You shouldn't complain about your food.

ONE77ZERO13 #6 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11543 battles
This still reads like a drunk rant.

Alcoholic_Hellhound #7 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39749 battles

Like ye, your post explains pretty much everything about problematics of gameplay difference between tiers, "skill cap" or how to say it difference, still some lack of data or help to newbies, even that WG made their own videos explaining game mechanics for the start. Problem is more that if you wanna learn the game as a newbie in todays WoT you gotta watch some vids or streams. Boosters makes tier jumping worse, ...

My point was more like.. if you are a bad player, and have some lets say 15K+ battles and continue to play badly, you just at least be aware of yourself and that you actually play badly. Even more in this game, where you can click on your profile in the garage and see your overall winrate and winrate on all your tanks, damage done, damage done/taken ratio. Like some players have 20K battles and play horribly, IDK, 46 % winrate, 0,5 damage ratios, they have average damage of some two damaging shots on their tanks,... and they blame everyone else except themselves, they see others doing "bad plays", get angry, ping spam, ... when they fire twice and die. That was my point. And they are annoying as F.. same as when unicum gets salty in chat and starts yelling at everyone. As I said, should I get this kind of ban every once in a while when Id loose nerves in battles, I would even kinda appreciate it, it would be like this automatic system telling you: Hey bro, you are behaving like idiot, stop, chill, take a break, and log another battle.

UserZer00 #8 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14955 battles
Players of all skill levels are complaining.

Sure, the ones who understand the game less are more toxic about mechanics they don't understand, but "skilled" players are just as toxic, if not more so with their inability to accept that randoms are.... randoms.

When you tame time to explain certain mechanics to the "unskilled" you have a lot more success at eliminating their toxicity over the skilled players who think they own the game.

I agree that the punishments should be equal for all, but they'd do better putting their efforts toward educating the player base in a more positive maner

Alcoholic_Hellhound #9 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39749 battles
in short: there are personal stats in the garage, you can click on it, see how good/bad you are. If you have ten thousands battles and play like a bot, do stupid stuff and blame others in your random teams, you clearly dont realize how bad you actually are and dont have any self judgement, then there would be this chat-slap system that would kinda show you: stop cry kid. And it would make good raging players chill out. 

Edited by Pathethicc_Noob, 30 June 2020 - 05:15 PM.

Private_Miros #10 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29727 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Congrats on making a post sober!

From the start WG should indicate in your stats where you it in relation to the server average.

It won't change that much though, these forums are full with people blaming other causes while they have full access to information showing 80-90% of the population does better than them. Even if they realize how badly they perform, they generally don't consider the reason for this performance are their own actions.

Aside from that, I see the same amount of bad players there always have been. And you will always have bad players. You need bad players to have good players as well.

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15117 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
TL/DR?

Alpharius #12 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11158 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 30 June 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

From the start WG should indicate in your stats where you it in relation to the server average.

They will not do this. If anything,the opposite approach will be taken, like its in many other games these days. So people don't even realize how terrible they play, because if they would, they might look for a different game.

Private_Miros #13 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29727 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostAlpharius, on 30 June 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

They will not do this. If anything,the opposite approach will be taken, like its in many other games these days. So people don't even realize how terrible they play, because if they would, they might look for a different game.

They can easily do this in a current generation style. "Smiley Face, good job, you are now better than 5% of the player base! Keep up the good work, soldier!"

Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36203 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 30 June 2020 - 04:34 PM, said:

You need bad players to have good players as well.

As De La Rochefoucauld said: “It is not enough to succeed; others must fail."

Dikkeh0nd #15 Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24253 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

Just mute the player for the battle duration?

malachi6 #16 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles

There are indeed some "special" people in this game that feel they make whatever comments they like.  Unfortunately, irony is lost upon some people.

Kdingo #17 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:16 PM

General

• Player
  • 33267 battles

46% are already among those i would love to have in my teams, they are pro gamers in comparison to the zombie army of barely above 40%. Those that either camp with an e75 on redline, those that platoon with equally quadriplegic to hide in a corner with their wheelchairs.

46ers might not be the greatest but they at least PLAY THE GAME. Zombie do something but it is never smart, reasonable or makes any sense at all.
And the amount of barely above 40% in one team is scary at times.

The prime example of those zombies i had today. he was in a t-44-100 on empires crap, 3 minutes afk ( not greyed out) then started to move north, which was already lost, got on shot in a hellcat, lost half his hp, ran away into the south west heavy corner to jump of the cliff to suicide.

Those suiciders and afks should be banned.

Edited by Kdingo, 30 June 2020 - 09:23 PM.

wsatnutter #18 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27572 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
The finest Tldr this week but still a rant 

Dikkeh0nd #19 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24253 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

My god.. just got yelled at by a 52k player with an avg damage of 743.

He was so mad because arty needs to win games i think. (retarded arty missions)

Tried to explain he aint the best player out there but then the rage actually got worse,

Wot 2020 in a nutshell

Hayton #20 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54374 battles
So what OP would like is WR based MM as people have moaned about for years, . I'm pretty sure though that if that happened they'd then see their WR drop, as basically what the higher % players depend upon for their winrate is bad players. Without the 46 people your winrate would probably drop. Therefore what moaners like this really want is for all the bad players to be on the enemy team not theirs, as when the odds are against them, they are too selfish to play as a team. Drunk or sober, still the same me me rant, when maybe OP should relax a bit more and not worry about the stats at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users