Jump to content


M41D - Worth it?


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:21 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

SO M41D is in premium shop and I am unsure wether to buy it

 

I watched Quicky baby and Klaus videos on it and still not sure

 

SO please anyone who has this give me some good advice 

 

I do like light tanks, currently tier 8 wise I have elf even 90 ( I am useless in, super low win rate)

 

EBR 75 which is adore, super high win rate after many games and 1 mark

 

And my recent FV1066 Senlac which I LOVE and 1 mark also

 

I played the Walker Bulldog but did not like at all, is the M41D much of an improvement?

 

I do have good crew ready to go in it as I keep 59-16 and it has 3 skills

 

I have type 64 also for crew training so my main question is, how fun is the M41D to play.

 

I dont like passive scouts only active scouts and 'Battle scouts' such as Amx 13 90 or FV1066 Senlac (When I play for dmg rather than spotting)

 

also I find the tank very sexy, I have been looking at it for about 10 mins on the screen

 


Edited by saxsan4, 01 July 2020 - 10:29 AM.


qpranger #2 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:27 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 6,750
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
The camo pattern on it looks nice.

no_skill_bob #3 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:28 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34615 battles
  • 2,395
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

China bulldog has better gun, a bit worse mobility and viewrange, but essentially its the same as m41 bulldog, which is in my opinion one is of the worst tier 8 lts.

Better get yourself a T92, if you want another low alpha tier 8 lt in your garage.


Edited by no_skill_bob, 01 July 2020 - 10:29 AM.


saxsan4 #4 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:29 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postno_skill_bob, on 01 July 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

China bulldog has better gun, a bit worse mobility and viewrange, but essentially its the same as m41 bulldog, which is in my opinion one is of the worst tier 8 lts.


ok, so I guess I should avoid then if I didn't like buldogs? 



no_skill_bob #5 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:32 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34615 battles
  • 2,395
  • [FARM-] FARM-
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postsaxsan4, on 01 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:


ok, so I guess I should avoid then if I didn't like buldogs? 

yes, if you need a chinese lt crew trainer, get a type 64 or type 62 instead.


Edited by no_skill_bob, 01 July 2020 - 10:33 AM.


saxsan4 #6 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postno_skill_bob, on 01 July 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

yes, if you need a chinese lt crew trainer, get a type 64 or type 62 instead.


ok thank you, I have Type 64 already so will save my money for British premiums or type 59



DaniulSims #7 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 1,023
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014
I like mine, the gun handling is orgasmic on maps that allow it to shine.

As every LT, its fun, but it's not exactly the best amongst them, and LTs as a whole are rather subpar.


(Worth noting that I also bought mine heavily discounted)

saxsan4 #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:10 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostDaniulSims, on 01 July 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

I like mine, the gun handling is orgasmic on maps that allow it to shine.

As every LT, its fun, but it's not exactly the best amongst them, and LTs as a whole are rather subpar.


(Worth noting that I also bought mine heavily discounted)


would you say it has a high skill cap or would I as average player be able to play well inside it?



azakow #9 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:31 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87282 battles
  • 5,367
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 01 July 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hello,

 

SO M41D is in premium shop and I am unsure wether to buy it

 

I watched Quicky baby and Klaus videos on it and still not sure

 

SO please anyone who has this give me some good advice 

 

I do like light tanks, currently tier 8 wise I have elf even 90 ( I am useless in, super low win rate)

 

EBR 75 which is adore, super high win rate after many games and 1 mark

 

And my recent FV1066 Senlac which I LOVE and 1 mark also

 

I played the Walker Bulldog but did not like at all, is the M41D much of an improvement?

 

I do have good crew ready to go in it as I keep 59-16 and it has 3 skills

 

I have type 64 also for crew training so my main question is, how fun is the M41D to play.

 

I dont like passive scouts only active scouts and 'Battle scouts' such as Amx 13 90 or FV1066 Senlac (When I play for dmg rather than spotting)

 

also I find the tank very sexy, I have been looking at it for about 10 mins on the screen

 

How much fun ?

It's a Bulldog with a pew pew gun.

But you do not like Bulldog, so why bother?

 

Spoiler

Edited by azakow, 01 July 2020 - 11:39 AM.


Spammable_Lecter #10 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48157 battles
  • 667
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 01 July 2020 - 10:10 AM, said:


would you say it has a high skill cap or would I as average player be able to play well inside it?

It has a high skill cap , it gets out spotted by other lights and the fact iv'e already killed 2 today with an even 90 . As already said Both the Type 64 and the Type 62 are way better trainers as well as fun wise


Edited by Spammable_Lecter, 01 July 2020 - 12:28 PM.


WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21753 battles
  • 4,131
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostDaniulSims, on 01 July 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

I like mine, the gun handling is orgasmic on maps that allow it to shine.

As every LT, its fun, but it's not exactly the best amongst them, and LTs as a whole are rather subpar.


(Worth noting that I also bought mine heavily discounted)

 

Never played the Maid but if you think that is "or***mic" you should try the T92.

 

You can try as hard as you can, but this vehicle is in the possession of a weapon that fails to miss every single time.



DaniulSims #12 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11471 battles
  • 1,023
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 July 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

Never played the Maid but if you think that is "or***mic" you should try the T92.

 

You can try as hard as you can, but this vehicle is in the possession of a weapon that fails to miss every single time.

I lack the funds to buy it, tho I've been eyeing it for a while.



The_Naa #13 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 12234 battles
  • 2,474
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 July 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

 

Never played the MAID but if you think that is "or***mic" you should try the T92.

 

You can try as hard as you can, but this vehicle is in the possession of a weapon that fails to miss every single time.

 

finaly someone calls it a MAID and not M41D. :medal:


 

i have the MAID and i like it a lot, its at the moment my go to tryhard light tank.

i dont like the LT-432 and the EBR is not as agile and flexible so the MAID is my go to tank.

 

i play it as a ridge line spotter and as mobile Sniper. as it has better soft stats for the gun than the Panther but it just trades armour for speed, and to be fair Panther hull does not do miracles in tier 8 like it does in tier 7.

i have not played the other Bulldogs but i like the MAID a LOT. my main down side with playing the MAID is that i am really bad light tank player so i prefer to use it as a Mobile Panther as at least i know how to do that.

 

but ye, i like it a lot. gun is accurate on the move or on spot, rate of fire, penetration and dpm are on point, and mobility is beautiful.

i like it. :)



WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21753 battles
  • 4,131
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostDaniulSims, on 01 July 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

I lack the funds to buy it, tho I've been eyeing it for a while.


The only letdown is its rate of fire.

 

3.7s fully equipped for a 76mm gun is very much lacklustre



Nebuched #15 Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14782 battles
  • 622
  • Member since:
    05-20-2015

View Postsaxsan4, on 01 July 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:


would you say it has a high skill cap or would I as average player be able to play well inside it?

Youre playing against WV's that change direction at top speed lke they were a weather vane. Unless you really want a new light now i'd wait for something better and read the wiki for toer 8 prem lights 



saxsan4 #16 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25725 battles
  • 4,568
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostNebuched, on 01 July 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

Youre playing against WV's that change direction at top speed lke they were a weather vane. Unless you really want a new light now i'd wait for something better and read the wiki for toer 8 prem lights 


I have read the wiki for every premium 



azakow #17 Posted 01 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87282 battles
  • 5,367
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 01 July 2020 - 03:52 PM, said:


The only letdown is its rate of fire.

 

3.7s fully equipped for a 76mm gun is very much lacklustre

... you forgot to mention BIA and food ...


Edited by azakow, 01 July 2020 - 06:41 PM.


Alcoholic_Hellhound #18 Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39752 battles
  • 1,154
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
I tried it before as twitch rental I kinda liked it, so I bought it right now. Like its more than a LT/Medium hybrid like Sheridan for example, as there high tier US LTs are, but I also wanted some more tanks for "Vietnam reenactment", and this is simply better version is standart bulldog.

WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21753 battles
  • 4,131
  • [WINDY] WINDY
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Postazakow, on 01 July 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

... you forgot to mention BIA and food ...

 

BIA, yes. This is a mandatory setup in all my vehicles.

Only in SPG food is an item I take.



ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,072
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
If I searched for a T8 premium light that was good or at least decent, I would never get the M41D. That tank is pretty bad.

The only lights I would consider if looking for a decent or good T8 premium light are LT-432, ELC EVEN 90, EBR 75 FL, Hwk 30.

The other lights are just average or below average.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users