WoT matchmaking issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dragonsaur #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9856 battles

Hello All,

I am writing as a player that is very frustrated in the matchmaking (MM) system. Few days ago I played 13 games (in one evening) and in NONE of them, I was lucky enough to be the top tier. I have messaged WG about that and below is my message

I have played 13 games today (I know that is a lot of time wasted on such a bad content). In NONE of those games was I lucky enough to be on the top tier. I just wanted to ask what shall I do to be lucky enough to play as a top tier (apart of playing a tier X tank). I am becoming more and more tired of uneven draws and I feel I am not the only person. Is there any other way than spending hundreds of euros a month to be on the top tier?at shall I do to be lucky enough to play as a top tier (apart of playing a tier X tank). I am becoming more and more tired of uneven draws and I feel I am not the only person. Is there any other way than spending hundreds of euros a month to be on the top tier?

I was silly enough to expect a constructive response. However, I have received a standard mumble-bumble that they probably copy and paste to all the players:

[content removed]

This got me into thinking, is Wargaming really not going to do anything with the matchmaking system? Their explanation is the waiting time but I am sure that if the maximum tier difference was changed from 2 tier difference to 1 tier difference the player experience would be definitely improved, while the waiting time would not increase so much. Ohh... but there comes the problem. People are not going to use gold ammunition and thus spend less money. Is it the real reason for not fixing the MM system? Is it why WG is working on another set of tanks to sell?

Why does WG not consider an indirect effect of changing the MM system? What if the MM system improves and this attracts more players? They would, in turn, spend even more money on premium tanks since they would probably enjoy the game more. So here is my suggestion, why don't take some off from developing new tanks and put some effort to improve the MM system? Maybe that would helo WoT to be more popular?

If you managed to get to the end of this long text, thank you for reading that,

A very frustrated player.

Private conversation with presumably Player Support included in the post.

Post edited.

~MaxandChloe4ever, Forum Moderator

Edited by MaxandChloe4ever, 03 July 2020 - 11:00 AM.

Orkbert #2 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30365 battles

View Postdragonsaur, on 01 July 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

I have messaged WG about that and below is my message

Given how you worded your ticket you got a better response than that message would have merited.

catlikehana #3 Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21453 battles

To be fair, the support advisor gave some good advice and feedback so assuming it is just nonsense is a bit of rash judgement..

One of the main reasons for not changing or altering how MM works in general is queue times (as mentioned by support), they are already quite bad as is..

WG are contemplating on injecting AI players into the system to speed it up (however good or bad that will turn out).

There are many ways to go about improving MM for the better and I'm sure WG are constantly analysing statistics about such ideas before jumping the gun and making things worse down the line.

For the meantime however this is the current state (a big improvement over before but still a while off perfect).

Edited by moenie, 02 July 2020 - 01:58 AM.

Dwigt #4 Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello everyone,

This forum section was created to ask and answer game mechanics questions not for sharing feedback.
I will move the topic to the gameplay section where it belongs :)

Thank you for your understanding.

jabster #5 Posted 03 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12856 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDwigt, on 03 July 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

Hello everyone,

This forum section was created to ask and answer game mechanics questions not for sharing feedback.
I will move the topic to the gameplay section where it belongs :)

Thank you for your understanding.

Sounds more as though it should be in the pinned MM thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users