• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

willy_pass #1 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62748 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

Hallo Forum.
WG is much talking about Balancing and Re-balancing in WoT.
I would like to give my opinion about the Light-tanks.

-First-duty of a Light-tank is Spotting,
-Second-duty is during the battle look around if there is a "lonely sheep" who he can dammage or even destroy.
But First-duty is alway's to spot an re-spot, keeping de enemy "visible" !!!

Lately the Light tanks are pretty much like Medium tanks, high speed and a good and fast re-loading gun, togehter a lot of Firepower.
They can do a lot of damage, often even more then a Medium, often by fast re-loading.

In my opinion the following things, or atleast partly, should be good for a better balance in the battle, and the Lights could still do there original duty, that is Spotting:

1. the Lights should keep their speed,
2. the Lights should give much less Firepower, by
    a. less gun-power,
    b. a longer reload time,
    c. higher spotting-points,
    d. better Camo, (value)

Keeping their speed is not wrong, they are the spotters, they should have the possibility to runn away when they are become visible. Maybe the speed of some 4 wheel "tanks" could be a bit less.(if they should have wings they even would fly)

The loss of Firepower should be compensated by more spotting-points, so they are more interested in the spotting-duty themself.

Members of the Forum, this is just my opinion, maybe you are agree, partly or not, lets hear it plz.
Maybe even WG will read this, and maybe reply.

Thanks for reading, greetz Willy Pass.(73)
ps. (excuse the bad grammatic)

Edited by willy_pass, 01 July 2020 - 08:36 PM.

Bigtime_Alarm #2 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24853 battles

I just played my setter, sat in a bush (as you do with brit lights) got 1000 hp of spotting dmg.

Then some clown in a scorp g shoves me out of the bush.

In his opinion spot = go die charging into the enemy so I can get one more shot of dmg.

Obviously the first duty of lights is to die so everyone else can get xp.

Ringo_Star #3 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:44 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 67136 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Light tanks already have poor firepower, because average WoT player can't handle playing against competitive light tank. Also you can spot only on 40% maps in the rotation, so any firepower nerf would be a terrible idea.

Bigtime_Alarm #4 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24853 battles
Just make actually spotting pay in xp and people might do it. 

hjorte #5 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23212 battles

@willy_pass, in my view, you need to clarify "light tanks", as we have wheeled vehicles in the game, and you cannot put those two types in the same category (as WG has done, unfortunately).

So long as we have the current wheeled vehicles on the battlefield, especially EBR 90 and 105, any normal light tank is close to obsolete.

Edited by hjorte, 01 July 2020 - 09:19 PM.

willy_pass #6 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 62748 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

I did not want to name any tank special, but yes, i think you have a point there,

thoose Wheeled Combats destroy a lot of the battle fun, but I can imagine that youngers players, much younger players that is, have much fun with it, thats all I want to say about that.

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 01 July 2020 - 08:52 PM, said:

Just make actually spotting pay in xp and people might do it. 

This is just exactly what I ment to say, make the Light happy to go spotting again!!

Vatican_Tank_Corps #7 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39991 battles
There are so many maps where you can play on camo and view range, so many I could not even count them. Maps like Himmelsdorf, Ensk, Paris, Mountain Pass, Abbey, Pilsen. Light tanks are so much overpowered, especially the high tiers, the tier IX and X light tanks are so broken oh my god. With their swiss cheese armor and powerfull guns with DPM better than mediums, so OP its insane. Yes, I think light tanks should be massively nerfed perhaps even remove their guns completely.

Kdingo #8 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostRingo_Star, on 01 July 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Light tanks already have poor firepower, because average WoT player can't handle playing against competitive light tank. Also you can spot only on 40% maps in the rotation, so any firepower nerf would be a terrible idea.

While true id think making them even more dedicated sportters, changing maps to allow pure spotting, would just make the game even worse.

Not the lt "fault" but the game mechanics, people don't want to get spotted and even less to attack while being spotted, result less and less heavies,  more and more tds. Cause when camping is all you can do anyways why bother with heavies. And those high spotting assist light tank games on malinovka showcase pretty much how broken spotting can become and how one sided games end as a result.

The powercreep and other nonsense changed the game in many ways to the worse not better.

Vatican_Tank_Corps #9 Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39991 battles
I am not against making LT with less (slighty) firepower, IF THE MAPS COULD ACTUALLY ALLOW YOU TO PLAY LT AS LIGHTY ARMORED RECCONNAISANCE VEHICLES. just look at the maps I mentioned, and good luck with "recconaissance" I dont want to say or compare WoT to WT or something, I prefer WoT arcade style to WT or some other tank games that have more open maps, larger maps in general.. but LTs in this game, on many maps, cannot play the pure scout role.
21:01 Added after 2 minute
and it was even before 1.0 patch hit WoT. I watched Marty.. Its CZ streamer and CZ CC, but a true superunicorn. Even back than in like 2016/2017 he was like: thats why I dont rly like lights, as on most maps you can do the same thing with most of the mediums. 

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21925 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View Postwilly_pass, on 01 July 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

Hallo Forum.
WG is much talking about Balancing and Re-balancing in WoT.
I would like to give my opinion about the Light-tanks.

-First-duty of a Light-tank is Spotting,
-Second-duty is during the battle look around if there is a "lonely sheep" who he can dammage or even destroy.
But First-duty is alway's to spot an re-spot, keeping de enemy "visible" !!!

Lately the Light tanks are pretty much like Medium tanks, high speed and a good and fast re-loading gun, togehter a lot of Firepower.
They can do a lot of damage, often even more then a Medium, often by fast re-loading.

In my opinion the following things, or atleast partly, should be good for a better balance in the battle, and the Lights could still do there original duty, that is Spotting:

1. the Lights should keep their speed,
2. the Lights should give much less Firepower, by
    a. less gun-power,
    b. a longer reload time,
    c. higher spotting-points,
    d. better Camo, (value)

Keeping their speed is not wrong, they are the spotters, they should have the possibility to runn away when they are become visible. Maybe the speed of some 4 wheel "tanks" could be a bit less.(if they should have wings they even would fly)

Wrong.

LTs are, in effect, downgraded Medium Tanks, with very little going for them. Currently, some mediums are faster than a few Light Tanks. There is more to say about this but for the sake of the thread:

>Spotting being its role, is arguable. And, as others stated, situational. It shouldn't have stats entirely focused on spotting as there is a very limited amount of maps they can actually do so as expected.

>As for the second duty, I disagree entirely. An LT should be able to do anything the vehicle's flexibility allows them to. This is the point WG has been consistently knee-capping in order to prevent this from happen, as it results often in mediocre players in much better armoured and armed vehicles getting outplayed by cunning ploys of the LT player. Steve cannot handle being humiliated.

1 - LTs should not keep their speed. It should be increased to pre-9.17/18 values while keeping current P/W. Slow LTs (Anything below 64km/h is slow as plenty of Mediums, struggle, but can still keep up) would gain slightly more speed. Not EBR level, for obvious reasons. But one of the British LTs is the Scorpion prototype. It can reach 72km/h - 82km/h. Go from there.

2 - Again, no. LTs have a gun, they should be able to use it and properly so. In most cases, their weapons already possess an anemic alpha. This would not be an issue if they had a matching rate of fire (not DPM). Reverting the stats to pre-9.17/18 stats would help. A 75/76mm gun shouldn't take ~4 seconds to reload when it could do so in 3 or less. In short and in general:

>High[est] RoF of all classes

>Lowest alpha of all classes

>Lowest pen of all classes.

A light tank's armour is measured by km/h. Thus, decreasing this is akin to making an IS-7 penetrable to HE. That does not make sense now, does it?

Same with view range, camo and gunstats. They need those, as they are fragile and have a difficult task as it is.

In contrast, HTs do not as their task is very simple, easy and forgiving.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 02 July 2020 - 06:09 PM.

Vatican_Tank_Corps #11 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39991 battles

I aint the best LT player, in fact I quite suck with them, but trying to learn and watching Taughrim all the time etc.

But ye the thing is.. there are very few maps that are truly LT friendly and on which the LTs can be decisive force on the battlefield. Malinovka, Prokchorovka, these two are like pure best LT maps you are waiting for with your LT missions. Then, Id say Live oaks can be good, Karelia sometimes, Highway but thats very random - if you get bot enemies and superb friendly campers who kill them all when you spot them - , Murovanka Id say.

But there are so many maps where LTs are just worse mediums, and no thats only my opinion, thats opinion of some of the best players of this .... game.

I did, and not only once, something like 5K spotting with both scout medals, with my KV-4 and Mauerbrecher, from the middle of Prokchorovka.. 

StronkiTonki #12 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36447 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

If anything, LT's need a bit of a buff, definitely not a nerf.

Imho, a light, with the exception to wheelies, should never have lower view range than a medium tank of the same tier.

24doom24 #13 Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9603 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
EBRs blow them out of the water. 

DaniulSims #14 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
No.

Japualtah #15 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35530 battles

Lights were my favourite class when the game came out.

I miss my Chaffee! (the T-50-2 was overpowered though ;-) )

The truth is that WG needs to keep everybody happy and a light played correctly is a nightmare to the enemy.

So they had to be axed to keep the playerbase happy.

WG doesn't like that situation, I'm pretty sure they don't, but they need the usual 5 TDs - 2 Arties players paying to play.

So lights will suck forever and wheelies will be nerfed and nerfed again and are soon to be even worse than lights.

Negativvv #16 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16574 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Sigh I want to like LTs but they are low pen and low accuracy for few benefits in return...

Just played a game on Tundra where I played safe at the start but some idiot TD pushed me out the bush.

I pushed him back and they got spotted, ended up in myself finishing above them on damage.

They had the cheek to message me asking me "what is an LT's role?".

I'm no unicum but there isn't really much "spotting" on Tundra as its tiny and even non Optics tanks are going to be spotting everybody.

Guess I'll mute everyone if I ever play lots of LT again...

Kdingo #17 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 01 July 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

They had the cheek to message me asking me "what is an LT's role?".

I'm no unicum but there isn't really much "spotting" on Tundra as its tiny and even non Optics tanks are going to be spotting everybody.

Tell those muppets that tanks have no roles, they may or may not be used in different ways according what the driver deems beneficial.

But this "tank role" id*ots" are usually sitting in tds, heavies without any vr equipment and feel entitled enough to demand others to feed them spots.

Anyone with a working brain knows the importance/value of view range so specs his tanks, no matter the class, accordingly.

Last td i played was the tier 5 wolverine, optics, rammer, binos and while others were screaming at teammates "go spot" was i just left shacking my head how stupid people are to base their whole gameplay on other peoples "cooperation".

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21925 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostKdingo, on 01 July 2020 - 11:08 PM, said:

Tell those muppets that tanks have no roles, they may or may not be used in different ways according what the driver deems beneficial.

But this "tank role" id*ots" are usually sitting in tds, heavies without any vr equipment and feel entitled enough to demand others to feed them spots.

Alas, I could not find words to say so, but this was, and still is, my view all along.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37590 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 01 July 2020 - 08:38 PM, said:

I just played my setter, sat in a bush (as you do with brit lights) got 1000 hp of spotting dmg.

Then some clown in a scorp g shoves me out of the bush.

In his opinion spot = go die charging into the enemy so I can get one more shot of dmg.

Obviously the first duty of lights is to die so everyone else can get xp.

Whilst not excusing his behaviour if a Skorpion can get to your bush to push you out with getting himself lit up and instagibbed I would suggest he had at least somewhat of a point and you could have been advanced a little more then you were. 

MaxandChloe4ever #20 Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:56 AM

General of the Army

• 255 battles
You can't just trash the light tanks' guns. Sometimes when the situation calls for it, they might need to deal with some heavily armored tanks themselves. It's better to have some firepower than to have abysmal firepower. Even though you might now need that additional firepower very often. It's still reassuring to have.

Also tagged with Light tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users