Win/Lose ratio

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

YepScrappy #1 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7307 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

.......i have been playing this game from the beginning, but lately i get the impression that the win/lose ratio is out of balance. I get the feeling that i am always on the losing side. Its getting very depressing.

Am i the only one or are there more players with the same feeling??

chainreact0r #2 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36792 battles

The win/lose ratio is perfectly balanced with your performance.

In this game and multiplayer games in general there is no participation trophy.

GodTank2 #3 Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11540 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
If you dont play well you will lose more games than you will win. Win rate isn't just a random number given to everyone , it is linked to how good you play.

Private_Miros #4 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30063 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

If you play worse than the average player, your teams will always have a worse player on it than the average player has, that leads to a few more losses per 100 battles than the average player.

If you play better than the average player, your teams will always have a better player on it than the average player has, that leads to a few more wins per 100 battles than the average player.

Even the worst still win 4/10, while even the best still lose between 3 and 4 out of 10 (solo), so in the end it matters little. Just have realistic expectations based on your abilities. It's quite alright to be bad at pixel tanks. But you can probably also simply learn to play better if you want to win more. It's not exactly rocket science.

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 25919 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 02 July 2020 - 10:07 AM, said:

If you play worse than the average player, your teams will always have a worse player on it than the average player has, that leads to a few more losses per 100 battles than the average player.

Some people platoon with other 45% players and lose even more games than before, and then think the game is rigged.

It's because the game is rigged. They rigged it themselves.

UserZer00 #6 Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15069 battles
Ignore the statistics and focus on your own performance.

For any game where you aren't in the top 10 (or top 5 or top 3 depending on your personality) ask yourself why.

If the only answers you can find are "my team sucked" or "MM screwed me by making me bottom tier" then I would suggest that you take a look on STEAM as there are lots of games on sale.

- Are you going off on your own too often?
- Are you shooting (breaking camo) when located somewhere you're almost sure to be spotted and shot at?
- Are you not waiting to be properly aimed before shooting

(search the forums for other common mistakes)

Now the fun part, ask yourself how you are going to try to avoid these errors. If you can't find any ways then STEAM is still an option

If you can honestly do the above for your next 1000-2000 games (without focusing on MM or your WR) you will find that, like magic, the MM seems to be focusing less on making sure you lose.

I'm not saying that magically your WR will skyrocket, but I think you will find it will at least go a long way towards making sure you don't get impacted so much by winning and losing streaks.

Beoger #7 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18075 battles
  • [D_WR] D_WR

I also find that, even though I am doing better - regularly in the top 5 of my team by EXP - there are many 5-15 (or worse) losses these days. Three or more team mates with 0 DMG and a bunch more with one hit for DMG is the rule rather than the exception.

I think that one of the reasons for these losses/bad players is the wave of new players coming in through WG's increased advertisement (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) in combination with the much more rapid progress up the tiers that is possible now. Due to the changes in the tech tree, new players don't experiment with different tank classes/playstyles in lower tiers anymore. They are funneled straight into tier 5-6 and with the reserves, blue-prints etc. they have a tier 7 or 8 tank before they've reached 500 battles. I've kept a bit of an eye on the 0 DMG people in my teams and quite a number of them had between 350 and 500 battles.

So yeah, good job WG on bringing new players into the game, bad job on pushing them up to tier 7-8 before they even know what they're doing. Btw, I think WG could mitigate the frustration of experienced players if the top 3 in a team (by EXP) would not get EXP/credit penalties for a loss.

qpranger #8 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
If your win rate is in the 48-52 per cent range, the fluctuations you are subjected to are more due to RNG, but if your win rate is lower or higher than that, then you are clearly often affecting your team results, accordingly either slacking ("playing for fun" ;) or constantly carrying. The former in your instance obviously. Try harder.

Edited by qpranger, 02 July 2020 - 11:13 AM.

Uh_Oh_ #9 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
My only advice to try and loosely stick to (when im trying to do myself) is do atleast your own HP in damage then you dont need to feel like you let your team down.

YepScrappy #10 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7307 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
........still, its feels like the game has changed. As if they have altered some algorithm. :(

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Your current WR is significantly below the server average so tbis indicates you are doing something fairly wrong a lot of the time but there isn't anything stopping you turning that around if you really want to.

First thing you need to do tho is accept the problem is at your end and has nothing to do with teams or algorithms. We all get given the same random teams, it's what we do with what we get that decides on our WR. 

Post up a couple replays if you would like some general suggestions on what you could be doing better. People will help you with advice if you are genuinely looking for it. 

Venatacia #12 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39692 battles

Sure has felt like a lot more losses than normal. My win rate has been dropping even though my damage has been going up slightly. Monday and Tuesday I find every week i'm in the losing teams more than the rest of the week. Wish I had written it down on Monday and Tuesday but I didn't. Wednesday I did and it was 18 wins and 18 losses.

I do wonder why people who have more damage and slightly better stats than myself have a lower win rate. I notice this a lot when I check out players after a battle. Since my damage is going up but my win rate is going down: am I in the same WG pattern now. I know people say it's all conspiracy theories but I wouldn't put it passed WG to have something in place.

Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36469 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostYepScrappy, on 02 July 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

.......i have been playing this game from the beginning, but lately i get the impression that the win/lose ratio is out of balance. I get the feeling that i am always on the losing side. Its getting very depressing.

Am i the only one or are there more players with the same feeling??

I had been going to suggest that you try playing lower tiers but looking at your stats I see that your results have been terrible at all tiers and in all types of vehicle in all your 100 tanks

I am not sure what to suggest other than that you must be doing something seriously wrong in all games.  What that might be I can't say

https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/YepScrappy

11:28 Added after 1 minute

View PostVenatacia, on 02 July 2020 - 11:22 AM, said:

Sure has felt like a lot more losses than normal. My win rate has been dropping even though my damage has been going up slightly. Monday and Tuesday I find every week i'm in the losing teams more than the rest of the week. Wish I had written it down on Monday and Tuesday but I didn't. Wednesday I did and it was 18 wins and 18 losses.

I do wonder why people who have more damage and slightly better stats than myself have a lower win rate. I notice this a lot when I check out players after a battle. Since my damage is going up but my win rate is going down: am I in the same WG pattern now. I know people say it's all conspiracy theories but I wouldn't put it passed WG to have something in place.

Damage going up and win rate going down is because you are playing higher tiers

NUKLEAR_SLUG #14 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostVenatacia, on 02 July 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

I do wonder why people who have more damage and slightly better stats than myself have a lower win rate. I notice this a lot when I check out players after a battle. 

You can hide at the back and farm damage while your team dies around you. Good for your WN8 but not much good for winning games if you always leave your team 14v15 right from the start. 

Venatacia #15 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39692 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 02 July 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

I had been going to suggest that you try playing lower tiers but looking at your stats I see that your results have been terrible at all tiers and in all types of vehicle in all your 100 tanks

I am not sure what to suggest other than that you must be doing something seriously wrong in all games.  What that might be I can't say

https://wotlabs.net/eu/player/YepScrappy

11:28 Added after 1 minute

Damage going up and win rate going down is because you are playing higher tiers

Is that a polite way of saying i'm crap :)

Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36469 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostVenatacia, on 02 July 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Is that a polite way of saying i'm crap :)

How can you be crap when you are better than I am? ;)

Venatacia #17 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39692 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 July 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

You can hide at the back and farm damage while your team dies around you. Good for your WN8 but not much good for winning games if you always leave your team 14v15 right from the start. 

I try not to be one of those people, not saying it never happens. I try to be upfront and help out though I normally find the team has gone all one way or camp at the back, then i'm on my own so I do what I can and then get buggered by the enemy.

Uh_Oh_ #18 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 02 July 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

Sometimes wins a sneaky game too! 

malachi6 #19 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51526 battles
Feelings are not facts.  Do some research.

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40894 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postmalachi6, on 02 July 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

Feelings are not facts.  Do some research.

fair play to OP - he isnt whining or wearing tin foil, he is asking.

sometimes the game throws you lemons. all you can do is make lemonade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users