New player and made it just under 700 games. I quit.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

iDontPressW #1 Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1233 battles

I regret giving WG money for a premium tank and the battle pass. Shame on me.

Where do I start? Every game has 3 artillery. How is that fun for anyone? Getting spotted and stunned and chipped to death ad infinitum is NOT fun. What the hell is the point of me moving if I'm going to get blasted by an unseen force who doesn't have to risk his tank to do damage? That's garbage and turns me off from the game. There are maps where I seriously don't want to move out of my spawn because I know it's going to be a crapfest with 3 artillery constantly raining HE shells on top of me and stunning my crew.

Stock grinds. Jesus christ. It's 2020. I have so many options to play other F2P games that do NOT make me hate and have a miserable experience that I get from having to grind stock tanks. This is a practice that may have been ok 10 years ago but in 2020, I can hop and download a plethora of games that will not do this. Also, being 2 tiers down while stock? And I'm expected to spend money on this game? You're absolutely joking, right? Where is the fun factor in any of thart? Also throw in the fact that I have to buy gold so I can have my crew be efficient in the tank while being stock while being two tiers down. What in the actual ****. That is insane. Nevermind It's impossible to afford equipment so you can be competitive while grinding. Up until tier 7 equipment will be more expensive than the god damn tank it's being mounted on. Again, I want to throw in that this is occurring when I'm stock, down -2 MM, my crew being 75% efficient because I don't have the 1200 gold to make them 100%.

Also, I get that I get sixth sense for either US, USSR, and Germany for the tutorial depending on the nation of tank I start with. I feel shoehorned into picking one of those three nations because you're literally a second class citizen in World of Tanks without sixth sense. What if I want to start Sweden, Italy, etc. as a new player? Oh, I get the luxury of grinding stock tanks, -2mm, 75% efficient crews in tanks, no hope in mounting equipment, and not having sixth sense on top of that. Yeah, uninstall and try the other 10+ options I have for gaming.

I just can't. The game seriously isn't fun. I'm more pissed than enjoying the game and what's the point if I'm not enjoying it?

I generally avoid EA and Activision games because of their predatory shameless money whoring but I gotta give it to Wargaming. Tanks that are ridiculously overpowered that cost money/no longer available to new players (Defender/252U, I'm looking at you) and making you want to throw your credit card so that you can convert free XP to skip grinds is such an outdated model

How is this game surviving when players have other options? I get for players who have skin in the game and grinded multiple lines staying and continuing playing but for new players how does WG expect the game to grow when before 1k battles I'm noping the **** out of here?

I've seen videos of this game's declining server populations. Want to know why? Read my experience as a new player. How can you possibly expect to attract new players when THIS is the new player experience?

Kdingo #2 Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:49 AM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles
The "grind" is actually just barely what it ones was with blue prints and wg literally throwing free xp at you in daily missions.
The equipment costs have always been a bit retarded as they kinda discourage you from playing lower/mid tier given that equipping those tanks exceeds the tanks "value". But given how quick you nowadays progress its hard to imagine being an issue.

What however creates issues is that people progress far to quickly with blue prints, free xp, boosters etc. They unlock tanks way to fast without making enough credits or developing crew skills, let alone experience on how to play.

Jauhesammutin #3 Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24287 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostKdingo, on 03 July 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

The "grind" is actually just barely what it ones was with blue prints and wg literally throwing free xp at you in daily missions.
The equipment costs have always been a bit retarded as they kinda discourage you from playing lower/mid tier given that equipping those tanks exceeds the tanks "value". But given how quick you nowadays progress its hard to imagine being an issue.

What however creates issues is that people progress far to quickly with blue prints, free xp, boosters etc. They unlock tanks way to fast without making enough credits or developing crew skills, let alone experience on how to play.

But the game is much easier to learn on higher tiers so getting fast to T8 is better than being stuck on T3.

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15271 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
'New' player

UserZer00 #5 Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15071 battles
Bye.

Good luck finding happiness on the STEAM summer sale.

Sorry that your time with the WOT frustration simulator did not leave you with fond memories.

The pain and suffering you described and experienced will be used to adjust the experience for future test subjects.

Before you go, if you could answer one question it would help us perfect the simulator.  

"If your frustration with the game was a color, which color would it be and how light or dark of a shade?"

Thank you for trying the WOT frustration simulator. Be sure to stop by the gift shop and buy a souvenir to commemorate your experience.  

If you wish pain and suffering on any of your friends be sure to recommend the simulator to them.

azakow #6 Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 87722 battles

So you spend 700+ matches on your reroll account to create this topic?!

See you.

Spurtung #7 Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

General

• Player
  • 82770 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX

View Postazakow, on 03 July 2020 - 05:12 AM, said:

So you spend 700+ matches on your reroll account to create this topic?!

See you.

Probably his "referral", so he gets goodies on the main.

Kdingo #8 Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:00 AM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 03 July 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

But the game is much easier to learn on higher tiers so getting fast to T8 is better than being stuck on T3.

one never spend time in tier 3 to learn the game. Progression to tier 5 was always quick and from there on slowed down and allowed people to learn how to play. Rushing to tier 8 or buying tier 8 right away is just ensuring you become a burden to any team and still have no clue whats going on.

Granted the HE idiocy in tier 5/6 nowadays is counter productive but besides that you can easily get used to game mechanics, map positions etc.

Uh_Oh_ #9 Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
"New" player? Almost had me until you moaned about defenders and 252us. You shouldn't be anywhere near that tier yet unless you are some godlike Unicum.

Also if you want fun, play tier3-5. After that it becomes much more serious and mistakes get you killed very easily  

ONE77ZERO13 #10 Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11811 battles

Reroll troll ^

You know way too much about the game for a 700 game player who's never touched WoT before.

shikaka9 #11 Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80050 battles
don't leave, WG needs your money :(

unhappy__bunny #12 Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:18 AM

Brigadier

• 21641 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Closing this topic as the chances of it becoming a constructive discussion about the game are about the same as me winning the National Lottery without ever buying a ticket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users