• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi fellas, 

I like my TS-5 and because of that, I managed to reach 83% of MoE without even noticing, so, I decided to get the second gun mark, and maybe even the third one. But my problem is that I dropped to 82%, and I reached 84.96%...was painful honestly. 

My question is, how can I increase it again? I can't win all games and in some games, I literally can't hit anything, or catch up with my team (either 15-1 win or vice versa), I'm really struggling here as it's slow and turretless. 

I'll really appreciate any advices or tips you'd share.

Thank you for reading, 

Best regards,

Splash. :)

Ringo_Star #2 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:20 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 67224 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Don't get tilted if your MoE % drops. That happens to everyone who is chasing MoE. Try to repeat things that got you to 84.96. Keep your cool, play smart and you will get there eventualy.

splash_time #3 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRingo_Star, on 04 July 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

Don't get tilted if your MoE % drops. That happens to everyone who is chasing MoE. Try to repeat things that got you to 84.96. Keep your cool, play smart and you will get there eventualy.

Thank you, that cheered me a bit to continue trying. :P

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37593 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You're going to go up and down a bit as you have good/bad games but just keep playing well, don't take unnecessary risks and it'll come in due course.

Nebuched #5 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14782 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 July 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hi fellas, 

I like my TS-5 and because of that, I managed to reach 83% of MoE without even noticing, so, I decided to get the second gun mark, and maybe even the third one. But my problem is that I dropped to 82%, and I reached 84.96%...was painful honestly. 

My question is, how can I increase it again? I can't win all games and in some games, I literally can't hit anything, or catch up with my team (either 15-1 win or vice versa), I'm really struggling here as it's slow and turretless. 

Thank you for reading, 

Best regards,

My question is, what are you running, oil or food, and what directives ? Would a increase in "speed" help you ?

Are you banning the map that is worst for your TS-5 ? Would Assault or Encounter mode help you ?

Edited by Nebuched, 04 July 2020 - 07:46 AM.

PowJay #6 Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43570 battles

One thing that you should always keep in mind. You are ONLY playing against other TS-5 players for MoE. Good and bad maps, good and bad experiences- win OR lose- it's all about doing better than them.

I can't say what can really give you an edge because I haven't played it. but in the StuG III G and Crusader (as tier V LT) I 3-marked them both with a generous amount of APCR to cut down on as many non-pens as possible.

Good luck

splash_time #7 Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNebuched, on 04 July 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

My question is, what are you running, oil or food, and what directives ? Would a increase in "speed" help you ?

Are you banning the map that is worst for your TS-5 ? Would Assault or Encounter mode help you ?

I run food, the +2.5% rammer directive and i've banned empire's border plus Himmelsdorf. And i use assault and encounter because they usually give me better positions than the "Standard battles".

My tank reload is 6.5 and i'm trying my best, like...i can get 2.7k damage out of a losing battle easily if i'm in the right map and position, but usually it's like this. I join a flank, and when we reach middle of the road, our team spots the enemy team as lemming train on the other side of the map, hooray, let's drop down a bit. :)

07:35 Added after 5 minute

View PostPowJay, on 04 July 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

One thing that you should always keep in mind. You are ONLY playing against other TS-5 players for MoE. Good and bad maps, good and bad experiences- win OR lose- it's all about doing better than them.

I can't say what can really give you an edge because I haven't played it. but in the StuG III G and Crusader (as tier V LT) I 3-marked them both with a generous amount of APCR to cut down on as many non-pens as possible.

Good luck

I do shoot gold as it's 50% of my ammo capacity, but the problem is, my luck against teams is just awful you know? If i choose a flank, the enemy team either just eat it up before i manage to reach the recommendations (as i play support obviously to deal damage ofc), or i can't reach the enemy team to shoot them because i'm too slow... :D

Also i don't rush alone, never, because this thing is turning like a boat. :)

Edited by splash_time, 04 July 2020 - 08:41 AM.

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles
TS-5 is a rather slow well armoured tank with a high dpm.
So this is what you have to work with.

In general, when 3-marking slow tanks (AT-series, TOG, T28, T28 Prototype, T95 etc) you have to just go to the closest area of fight you can (which also suits the specifics of your tank).

What you also aim at is some corridor  (so you don't get flanked easily) where enemy have to shoot at you at some range (so they miss weakspots) and where you can also hide your lfp.
This area can be ridge lines, a city corridor or something else.

When pushing, since you should pretty much always be pushing in this tank , make sure you don't push do your enemies can shoot your sides by exposing them, or that enemy can rush you and get behind you.
This means, you do need a team to support you. Other tanks, like turreted ones and mediums and in general a bit faster ones don't rely on their team for support as much. So you have to practice this part of getting your team to support you and use your team for this and making it easy for them to support.

For equipment I would go: Optic - Vents - Rammer.
Crew just train repairs on everyone, with 6th sense and BiA. And use large repair kit for faster track repair.

splash_time #9 Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostZlatanArKung, on 04 July 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

TS-5 is a rather slow well armoured tank with a high dpm.
So this is what you have to work with.

In general, when 3-marking slow tanks (AT-series, TOG, T28, T28 Prototype, T95 etc) you have to just go to the closest area of fight you can (which also suits the specifics of your tank).

What you also aim at is some corridor (so you don't get flanked easily) where enemy have to shoot at you at some range (so they miss weakspots) and where you can also hide your lfp.
This area can be ridge lines, a city corridor or something else.

When pushing, since you should pretty much always be pushing in this tank , make sure you don't push do your enemies can shoot your sides by exposing them, or that enemy can rush you and get behind you.
This means, you do need a team to support you. Other tanks, like turreted ones and mediums and in general a bit faster ones don't rely on their team for support as much. So you have to practice this part of getting your team to support you and use your team for this and making it easy for them to support.

For equipment I would go: Optic - Vents - Rammer.
Crew just train repairs on everyone, with 6th sense and BiA. And use large repair kit for faster track repair.

Thank you! Really useful post. :great:

FizzleMcSnizzle #10 Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29302 battles
Bit of an esoteric suggestion... but the time you play can have an effect, in my experience. There seem to be more good players around later in the evening. Maybe it's because the kids have gone to bed. I have no data to back it up, but you might find it easier to farm during tbe day.

Kdingo #11 Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 04 July 2020 - 12:00 PM, said:

Bit of an esoteric suggestion... but the time you play can have an effect, in my experience. There seem to be more good players around later in the evening. Maybe it's because the kids have gone to bed. I have no data to back it up, but you might find it easier to farm during tbe day.

Always find it harder during the day, so many zombies around.

tajj7 #12 Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30497 battles

I'd say for TDs biggest thing is pimp for spotting and be active, so many people camp in TDs and never spot, regardless of the tank's ability, even super armoured assault TDs, that if you get spotting as well it will help massively to MOE.

Also a general MOE point is if it's nearing end game and you see someone that is spotted out of position or about to get swarmed, shoot them in the tracks and get all that tracking assistance (if you already haven't got loads of spotting assistance), you can boost like 2k assistance out of nowhere because you tracked that camping heavy that is about to go down. 

Balc0ra #13 Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78197 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Remember, assists counts too. So your first shot if possible should always be a tracking shot if you know others can hit it. Even more so if you see it starts to go south. Tho keep in mind that if you have an assist build, as in ROF and view range. That only the highest one of the two assist types is counted towards the MOE. So if you have over 4K combined, as in 2K damage and 1240 track and 1K flat spot assist. It's still only 3240 combined.

splash_time #14 Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 July 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Remember, assists counts too. So your first shot if possible should always be a tracking shot if you know others can hit it. Even more so if you see it starts to go south. Tho keep in mind that if you have an assist build, as in ROF and view range. That only the highest one of the two assist types is counted towards the MOE. So if you have over 4K combined, as in 2K damage and 1240 track and 1K flat spot assist. It's still only 3240 combined.

Thank you for this information. :)

I'll try it out today, and i'll post if i managed to go up or even drop in the percentage of MoE. 

TungstenHitman #15 Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Use the good tips the guys left in comments above.

The thing about marking slow tanks is that once you hit around 85% it's hard to really do anything different and better with that slow tank that next 10% isn't already doing. If you're defending like a boss, so are they, if you're W key'ing up the map, so are they, so it's hard to make a difference with a slow tank and least this is what I find anyway and I find it much easier to mark fast tanks because I can apply my experience and get to better positions and use those positions better than a lot of other players and this way I get to 95%.

You can't really apply experience and skill much more than anyone else with a slow tank at this point so you have to start doing something a little more daring and having an offering of that tank which is a bit better, in order to start climbing up marks % once again. So with a TS-5, which I played in FL several times, very strong assault TD(actually it's OP as F imho) what I would suggest along with what the others above have mentioned is to go with a view range build and to really exploit corridor maps and situations with maybe only 1 SPG or no SPG better. The TS-5 has a really good view range so with a top crew, BiA, situ, recon along with Optics, vents AND I would definitely insist you use food from now on at this point of marking. With the food you will get a boost to view range which means you are stealing the spotting from another teammate most likely and try to avoid shooting tracks for obvious reasons if you are focusing on spotting assist. The food will also give you a little boost to reload, accuracy and traverse speed so it's all good and it's a premium tank so who cares about the 20k right? The tank can pen most things with standard ammo and it reloads really fast with amazing dpm so you don't have to gold spam with that tank I feel and just switch when the targets armor requires one or the other. Good luck. 

Gruff_ #16 Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26509 battles
Unban Himelsdorf this is one of the best maps for a TS-5

splash_time #17 Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsplash_time, on 04 July 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Thank you for this information. :)

I'll try it out today, and i'll post if i managed to go up or even drop in the percentage of MoE. 

Well, i guess i'm not good enough to mark a tank yet. Although marking slow TDs is really hard.. :(

I'll just let it be until another chance.

Before i start marking it:

After i gave up (:D):

And also, an over all look to my session and tank in garage:

Spoiler

Thank you all for the advices though. 

Gl everyone. :)

JocMeister #18 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29635 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 04 July 2020 - 07:04 AM, said:

Hi fellas, 

Thank you for reading, 

Best regards,

There is a misconception among some players (usually bad ones that will never reach even the 2nd mark) that all you have to do to mark a tank is load gold and food. Obviously that isn´t true. MOE is all about consistency.

Basically all you have to do is to consistently play well enough to gain. You won´t 3-mark any tank by some glorious once in a life time awesome game. You do that by playing very well game after game. If you are good enough to get the 2nd mark you will get it eventually. A word of advice though. Never play tilted, never try to regain "lost MOE" and if the games are going bad just stop playing and try again another day. Judging by your post you are getting frustrated and that is not the way to play. Give it a break for a few days.

TDs are especially frustrating to play since they often are team dependent. Slow tanks are even more frustrating since you need a bit of luck picking the right flank in the beginning. With the TS-5 just go HT line as most HP will be there. When top tier press W and don´t stop. Bottom tier go for tracking and shots of opportunity.

Good luck!

splash_time #19 Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJocMeister, on 04 July 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

There is a misconception among some players (usually bad ones that will never reach even the 2nd mark) that all you have to do to mark a tank is load gold and food. Obviously that isn´t true. MOE is all about consistency.

Basically all you have to do is to consistently play well enough to gain. You won´t 3-mark any tank by some glorious once in a life time awesome game. You do that by playing very well game after game. If you are good enough to get the 2nd mark you will get it eventually. A word of advice though. Never play tilted, never try to regain "lost MOE" and if the games are going bad just stop playing and try again another day. Judging by your post you are getting frustrated and that is not the way to play. Give it a break for a few days.

TDs are especially frustrating to play since they often are team dependent. Slow tanks are even more frustrating since you need a bit of luck picking the right flank in the beginning. With the TS-5 just go HT line as most HP will be there. When top tier press W and don´t stop. Bottom tier go for tracking and shots of opportunity.

Good luck!

i agree with that, and i'm not frustrated or anything, but it's just about the skill, i noticed that i can play very well in only a few maps where i know where to go (some maps i don't know how to play in with TDs :hiding:), so, i really shouldn't try it now. So i don't ruin it. :D

no_skill_bob #20 Posted 04 July 2020 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostKdingo, on 04 July 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

Always find it harder during the day, so many zombies around.

evenings are usually better, yes :)

Also tagged with MoE, Grinding, TDs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users