Jump to content


why was team battles removed?


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:18 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26555 battles
  • 4,907
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Hello,

 

Team battles were my favourite mode, I played so many good games with my clan and fiends, then suddenly they were removed with no replacement? 

 

They were always very popular and we never had trouble finding teams, I just cant understand why they keep removing the fun game modes



Ratriq #2 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6894 battles
  • 759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
Wargaming probably just forgot how to game dev, since you add features to your game, not remove them :hiding:

Kdingo #3 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,083
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postsaxsan4, on 05 July 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

Hello,

 

Team battles were my favourite mode, I played so many good games with my clan and fiends, then suddenly they were removed with no replacement? 

 

They were always very popular and we never had trouble finding teams, I just cant understand why they keep removing the fun game modes

 

Probably not popular from wgs point if view, they have the statistics, so they didn't bother to keep it around. 

After all any additional mode just thins the playerbase for each mode leading to longer queue times, less variety and potientialy worse mm.

 

That said, i never cared for it, didn't even know it was removed.



Corrupted_Pling #4 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58133 battles
  • 1,262
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
Heard there was some glitch regarding damage and people were abusing the hell out of the credit maker of this mode

Jumping_Turtle #5 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:26 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 75768 battles
  • 9,006
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
It didnt bring them enough money.

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36469 battles
  • 12,476
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

Dingers used to play it most nights

I lost interest after a few tries as it was always quite good but disorganised players on our side vs an enemy team of red IS3 players who had practised the mode and inevitably walloped us.

All in all a bit of a depressing experience



saxsan4 #7 Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:29 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26555 battles
  • 4,907
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 July 2020 - 12:27 PM, said:

Dingers used to play it most nights

I lost interest after a few tries as it was always quite good but disorganised players on our side vs an enemy team of red IS3 players who had practised the mode and inevitably walloped us.

All in all a bit of a depressing experience


ahaha yes miss the meta of them, they required very septic tactics but we had great fun in them, I think once we got a 11 game win streak

 

and ranked team battles were sooo good



Balc0ra #8 Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77944 battles
  • 23,766
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 05 July 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

Team battles were my favourite mode, I played so many good games with my clan and fiends, then suddenly they were removed with no replacement? 

 

Why replace something that no one hardly used? If they did replace it with something that was designed to get more people back in to it. It would not be the same old mode people originally loved I suspect for them to keep playing it. It had a group of people that played the mode. But for WG the numbers were way to low to waste server space on it vs their other plans for that space if you will. Tank company battles were removed for the same reason. 

 

 

 

 



saxsan4 #9 Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26555 battles
  • 4,907
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 July 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

 

Why replace something that no one hardly used? If they did replace it with something that was designed to get more people back in to it. It would not be the same old mode people originally loved I suspect for them to keep playing it. It had a group of people that played the mode. But for WG the numbers were way to low to waste server space on it vs their other plans for that space if you will. Tank company battles were removed for the same reason. 

 

 

 

 


Tank companies were removed because team battles overtook them



Balc0ra #10 Posted 05 July 2020 - 04:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 77944 battles
  • 23,766
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postsaxsan4, on 05 July 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:


Tank companies were removed because team battles overtook them

 

Because no one ended up playing it after it was added, even tho it was not the same mode as such. Just as no one played team battles after other content came and went. Personally I found team battles to be a slower more boring mode vs randoms. As basically randoms with noob platoons if you will.  But the new brawl mode on the other hand when tested was more fun vs tier X randoms. Personally I hope that is the mode that will replace the gap team battles left. And that WG makes more out of it with their tests with it of late. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 05 July 2020 - 04:03 PM.


Bora_BOOM #11 Posted 05 July 2020 - 04:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32966 battles
  • 4,345
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

1. WG did next to 0 to advertise and support the mode.

2. If only there were some small rewards like camo or something it might attract more players. 

3. Players haven't played it a lot it seems, but nobody can know what enough is. 

4. The fact that people have used TBs to grind stock t8 tanks probably wasn't in WGs favor. Although most of the tanks were premiums... 

5. TB were a hefty credits grind. WG probably didn't like that as well. 

 

Get TB back, advertise, reduce credit income a bit but get small rewards (camo, boosters...). If needed disable exp grind. But it was fun and I can't see why they got removed like that. 

 



Gruff_ #12 Posted 05 July 2020 - 04:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 26383 battles
  • 2,749
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011

It was the best mode in the whole game imo.  Certainly lots more fun that strongholds.  They put minimal to zero effort into promoting the mode, we had loads of people join in games from friend/clan list that had never heard of or tried it before, right up to when it was removed.

 

Turtles point is the main one, bottom line it wasn't bringing in enough profits, despite many people having bought premium tanks specifically with this mode in mind.

 

So once again they suck the fun out of the game for another group of customers.


Edited by Gruff_, 05 July 2020 - 04:46 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users