Players -> WG -> Players

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12920 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Players: ''Armour is useless cuz Gold.'' Players mad.

WG: Type 5 Heavy, OBJ.279E, Chieftain, Defender.

Players: ''Armour too good, plz nerf'' Players mad.

Players: ''Light tanks die when they yolo'' Players mad.

WG: Wheeled Vehicles.

Players: ''WV dont die when they yolo'' Players mad.

Players: ''WV Over Powered PLZ NERF.'' Players mad.

WG: British Lights.

Players: ''British Lights Under Powered PLZ BUFF.'' Players mad.

Players: ''help new players.'' Players mad.

WG: Nerf's some low tier tanks that were too food and gives low tier tanks more HP.

Players: ''WG ruined my favourite tank.'' Players mad.

Players: ''Grinds take too long and are painfull'' Players mad.

WG: Blueprints and Free XP from daily missions.

Players: ''Players get to tier 10 too fast'' Players mad.

Players: ''Give us new maps.'' Players mad.

WG: Berlin

Players: ''This map sucks.'' Players mad.

It just never ends. its fun to watch tho.

and when i say ''Players mad.'' i dont mean everyone, but it just tends to be that those that are dissapointed make the most noice at any given moment so it gives that impression.

in my own opinion the game is going in the right direction and WG had made some really good calls over the years. with minor accidents over time, like the 260, 279e and Chieftain and such over armoured God mode tanks. but thank god we have JPE-100 and Gold rounds. :justwait:

so in a nutshell

these players want this so they make noice.

WG does that. these ^ players are now satisfied.

and now a new group of players start making noice cuz in their opinion WG did bad.

it will never end.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78120 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

The first one has been an endless circle for years. 

As for the last one oddly enough, everyone complains about some maps. Some more than others. When WG removes them, then suddenly everyone wants them back again. 

Rati_Festa #3 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 July 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

I don't that is true. Light tank players mostly complained about the poor guns and the maxed out VR of other classes, that doesn't equal "yolo".

WV aren't light tanks....

Most players don't ask for maps like Berlin, which is basically a replica of other maps in the pool, it's simply not good enough as new content.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 06 July 2020 - 09:37 PM.

Kdingo #4 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles
Never listen to a crowd, one individual is able to use common sense and can be reasonable, a crowd is just loud noise of contradicting gibberish.

The_Naa #5 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12920 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 July 2020 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 July 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

I don't that is true. Light tank players mostly complained about the poor guns and the maxed out VR of other classes, that doesn't equal "yolo".

WV aren't light tanks....

Most players don't ask for maps like Berlin, which is basically a replica of other maps in the pool, it's simply not good enough as new content.

what i ment with that was the constant whine and toxic team mates when the LT in the Team decided to take a risky move and died doing so leaving the team with out a LT.

now we have WV that dont die so easily if you do a risky move, but this time around its the enemy team that whines and is mad.

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 July 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

what i ment with that was the constant whine and toxic team mates when the LT in the Team decided to take a risky move and died doing so leaving the team with out a LT.

now we have WV that dont die so easily if you do a risky move, but this time around its the enemy team that whines and is mad.

OK, yes I suppose that was a gripe people had.

Most teams don't have to worry about a single light anymore either, each team has 3 EBR now :)

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21925 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

The issue with LTs was... none.

9.17/18 created a problem when none was there.

LTs are just that. Light. Light armour, light guns lowest non-clicker HP, etc. Speed, view range and rate of fire were their trump cards. And they've lost that.

WVs are of a different flavour. They got the speed and in spades as it should be. Guns are OK-ish for that type of subclass. The complaining stems mostly from people wanting free meat like most LTs are.

Shaka_D #8 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:47 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 38720 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 July 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

and now a new group of players start making noice cuz in their opinion WG did bad.

it will never end.

You make very bad assumptions or generalisations that heavily steep arguments in favour of WG being the people trying to please other people who are impossible to please. I suggest you check your own biases before you pretend to know so much. How about you also balance your seemingly one-sided viewpoint alongside the many times when WG decisions were genuinely less than ideal and prompted a backlash from the community, often resulting in some rather fast reversals by WG.

So to quote your namesake....Do I agree with you? Naa! You have work to do, go do it.

Edited by Shaka_D, 06 July 2020 - 11:48 PM.

Kdingo #9 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostWindSplitter1, on 06 July 2020 - 11:42 PM, said:

The issue with LTs was... none.

9.17/18 created a problem when none was there.

LTs are just that. Light. Light armour, light guns lowest non-clicker HP, etc. Speed, view range and rate of fire were their trump cards. And they've lost that.

WVs are of a different flavour. They got the speed and in spades as it should be. Guns are OK-ish for that type of subclass. The complaining stems mostly from people wanting free meat like most LTs are.

Lights should be given more combat capabilities to turn them into mobile combat vehicles with no armor. No artificial viewrange nonsense so joe can sit afk in his favorite bush and farm 7k+ assist without playing. Players should be encouraged to participate actively not encouraged to join the army of passive supports.

Wheelchairs need their immunity to "tracking" removed and all is fine. Speed and crap doesn't bother me, but that you can't even "track" them allows for stupid wrom wrom crap without fear of getting punished.

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21925 battles
  • [WINDY] WINDY

View PostKdingo, on 06 July 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

Lights should be given more combat capabilities to turn them into mobile combat vehicles with no armor. No artificial viewrange nonsense so joe can sit afk in his favorite bush and farm 7k+ assist without playing. Players should be encouraged to participate actively not encouraged to join the army of passive supports.

Wheelchairs need their immunity to "tracking" removed and all is fine. Speed and crap doesn't bother me, but that you can't even "track" them allows for stupid wrom wrom crap without fear of getting punished.

Indeed.

Well said.

The_Naa #11 Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12920 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostShaka_D, on 06 July 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

You make very bad assumptions or generalisations that heavily steep arguments in favour of WG being the people trying to please other people who are impossible to please. I suggest you check your own biases before you pretend to know so much. How about you also balance your seemingly one-sided viewpoint alongside the many times when WG decisions were genuinely less than ideal and prompted a backlash from the community, often resulting in some rather fast reversals by WG.

WG can please people, but not everyone. right now, i am in the pleased gategory, sure there is 1 or 2 things that i dont like that much, but they are overshadowed by all the good things in the game right now.

so im not mad, i was in 2012-2014 but now i am not.

people can be mad and tell WG to do things their way, i dont mind that but it usually ends just provoking someone else to take the place of who is now pleased.

WV's are now the hot topic of the day, WV players are pleased and those that dont like WV's are up and on about it.

go nerf/delete WV's and WV haters are pleased but WV players will go get their pitchforks and their own endless rant.

i dont care that much for WV's im neutral in that.

my biased view point is that WG is doing a wonderful job atm. i dont need to tell them what they should do as they seem to know it already.

so i am pleased, but can and will share my opinions on things when ever i need to.

are you pleased with the current state of the game?

Element6 #12 Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33482 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKdingo, on 06 July 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Never listen to a crowd, one individual is able to use common sense and can be reasonable, a crowd is just loud noise of contradicting gibberish.

That's certainly likely to be true when the objective is to reach a certain truth, like which route to take through a city to be the most efficient by car. Some knowledgeable person who knows how to calculate this in a computer is going to give you the right answer, and a few will be "lucky" enough to have an opinion of which is the most efficient route, by chance, but the crowd will be all over the place with a lot of wrong answers.

But, when it comes to getting people to voluntarily spend their time and possibly money on an activity, you listen to the largest common denominator of the crowd, because that is what is going to give you the "correct" answer. It is the patterns in the contradicting gibberish you are after, which you must filter from the noise.

shikaka9 #13 Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 80232 battles

Players: ''WG fix the game, we no pay money untill it fixed'' Players mad.

WG: Some shine premium stuff. Holiday Ops. Black market.

Players: ''Here all my money and some borrowed'' Players mad.

mateyflip #14 Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42033 battles

OP, I've noticed the same too. Well put.

What what

saxsan4 #15 Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:40 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26919 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

no,  can people stop using 'players' as some sort of homogeneous group that all want the same thnig

a vocal minority complain about different things so you cant please everyone since everyone wants different things

there is no such thing as the 'player base wants this' since everyone wants different things to change

I complain about arty and gold ammo but never once complained armour was too powerful, the same people who complain about armour are likely not the same who said it was too weak

what WG needs to understand you cannot please all of the people all of the time

instead they should focus on making profitable elements and more content, not listening to player demands, since as you explained it leads to endless cycle 

10:42 Added after 2 minute

View PostElement6, on 06 July 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

That's certainly likely to be true when the objective is to reach a certain truth, like which route to take through a city to be the most efficient by car. Some knowledgeable person who knows how to calculate this in a computer is going to give you the right answer, and a few will be "lucky" enough to have an opinion of which is the most efficient route, by chance, but the crowd will be all over the place with a lot of wrong answers.

But, when it comes to getting people to voluntarily spend their time and possibly money on an activity, you listen to the largest common denominator of the crowd, because that is what is going to give you the "correct" answer. It is the patterns in the contradicting gibberish you are after, which you must filter from the noise.

no, many times what they players need is different to what they think they want

take balanced mm, it doesnt actually solve the issues of having unbalanced teams, it actually makes things worse and armoured warfare listened and implemented it and it didn't act in the way the player base thought it would. 

there is a reason why we are consumers and not the game developers 

with the maps,

people are rightfully angry as excellent maps, EG old Kharkov, old ghost own , old Fishermans bay are reworked and made worse, why didn't WG just leave these maps alone and add new ones?

why are popular maps like Hidden village, Sevragosk, Swamp, Windstorm removed when players liked them

Edited by saxsan4, 07 July 2020 - 11:45 AM.

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 07 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 10:40 AM, said:

no,  can people stop using 'players' as some sort of homogeneous group that all want the same thnig

a vocal minority complain about different things so you cant please everyone since everyone wants different things

there is no such thing as the 'player base wants this' since everyone wants different things to change

I complain about arty and gold ammo but never once complained armour was too powerful, the same people who complain about armour are likely not the same who said it was too weak

instead they should focus on making profitable elements and more content, not listening to player demands, since as you explained it leads to endless cycle 

10:42 Added after 2 minute

no, many times what they players need is different to what they think they want

take balanced mm, it doesnt actually solve the issues of having unbalanced teams, it actually makes things worse and armoured warfare listened and implemented it and it didn't act in the way the player base thought it would. 

there is a reason why we are consumers and not the game developers 

with the maps,

people are rightfully angry as excellent maps, EG old Kharkov, old ghost own , old Fishermans bay are reworked and made worse, why didn't WG just leave these maps alone and add new ones?

why are popular maps like Hidden village, Sevragosk, Swamp, Windstorm removed when players liked them

Ignoring customer feedback isn't really a working business practice though.

What WG appear to do is pick feedback to listen that will generate them immediate cash returns, they have repeatedly failed at looking at the longterm results, which appears to have resulted in an ever declining player base. We have no idea at what rate the decline could have been, but judging by general forum and social feedback not much of it is complementary. I think they have added to the decline significantly.

They just needed to pick through the noise of all the feedback/rants and not create a forum and then tell users that they don't really read it.

Its just bad public relations, which then snowballs into them being accused of being greedy and a bit of a laughing stock. 

If WG released WOT 2 I wouldn't touch it, due to it being a WG title, I've never touched any of their other products and its not due to them looking bad, its just the simple fact its a WG product.

They have built a decent game thats slowly becoming worse ( IMHO) but crucially they have created an awful brand.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 07 July 2020 - 01:00 PM.

saxsan4 #17 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26919 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostRati_Festa, on 07 July 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Ignoring customer feedback isn't really a working business practice though.

What WG appear to do is pick feedback to listen that will generate them immediate cash returns, they have repeatedly failed at looking at the longterm results, which appears to have resulted in an ever declining player base. We have no idea at what rate the decline could have been, but judging by general forum and social feedback not much of it is complementary. I think they have added to the decline significantly.

They just needed to pick through the noise of all the feedback/rants and not create a forum and then tell users that they don't really read it.

Its just bad public relations, which then snowballs into them being accused of being greedy and a bit of a laughing stock. 

If WG released WOT 2 I wouldn't touch it, due to it being a WG title, I've never touched any of their other products and its not due to them looking bad, its just the simple fact its a WG product.

They have built a decent game thats slowly becoming worse ( IMHO) but crucially they have created an awful brand.

the issue is a very specific type of person uses the fourms, they aren't representative of the wider community, 

the way they should get feedback is in game surveys, test events like the wot console did a +1/-1mm  week test event and it was highly popular

Listening to the players doesnt men accepting their every demand either 

EBRs are being nerfed for example but many players like them as they are, you cannot please all the players.

I give an example of the film Boogie nights, when they tested it with consumer feedback before the realise they hated it, yet it, yet they ignored all the feedback and went with it anyway, and it did well with crisis and became a cult classic overtime 

the film 54 did the same thing, they tested with customer feedback, however they took all the recommendations from the customers but the film flopped because what the customers thought they wanted was not actually what they needed.

Therefore, all companies have a balancing act, they customer is always right is not really accurate In my eyes and games which pander too much to vocal minority views ends up loosing focus of what they want the game to be like

And to the point of money, at the end of the day WG needs to make money to say alive, so paying customers will always be the focus 

ArsenalTank #18 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14584 battles

this is life

99% of humans DNA are identical in each of us.

but this 1% was more than enough to cause countless Wars,, countless languages and accents,, and countless ideologies and religions around the World.

Humans Opinions are belong to this 1%

nothing is new i guess?

Rati_Festa #19 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 53102 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 12:06 PM, said:

the issue is a very specific type of person uses the fourms, they aren't representative of the wider community, 

the way they should get feedback is in game surveys, test events like the wot console did a +1/-1mm  week test event and it was highly popular

Listening to the players doesnt men accepting their every demand either 

EBRs are being nerfed for example but many players like them as they are, you cannot please all the players.

I give an example of the film Boogie nights, when they tested it with consumer feedback before the realise they hated it, yet it, yet they ignored all the feedback and went with it anyway, and it did well with crisis and became a cult classic overtime 

the film 54 did the same thing, they tested with customer feedback, however they took all the recommendations from the customers but the film flopped because what the customers thought they wanted was not actually what they needed.

Therefore, all companies have a balancing act, they customer is always right is not really accurate In my eyes and games which pander too much to vocal minority views ends up loosing focus of what they want the game to be like

And to the point of money, at the end of the day WG needs to make money to say alive, so paying customers will always be the focus 

I've merged my answer back into the other thread.

The_Naa #20 Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12920 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

i did specify the meaning for ''players''

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 July 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

It just never ends. its fun to watch tho.

and when i say ''Players mad.'' i dont mean everyone, but it just tends to be that those that are dissapointed make the most noice at any given moment so it gives that impression.

so in a nutshell

it will never end.

just because you dont do the thing does not mean others dont, and part of these complains are coming from the day to day random battles where you have some one telling how bad the game is because ''X''

Edited by The_Naa, 07 July 2020 - 03:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users