Am I the only one that is broadly happy with the direction of wot?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

saxsan4 #1 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Hello,

I see a lot of negativity on the fourms about the general direction of the game.

But for me, I think the game is vastly superior to what it was many years ago.

MM for a starter we no longer have 'scout mm' which just made those tanks redundant, we no longer have silly mm where you'd be the only tier 6 in a tier 8 game, the template mm for the most part works very well. 3/5/7 games are fun even when bottom tier

EBR are very fun to play, I find them very easy to kill also, I dont understand the hate, I think personally some people dont like changes to meta but for me thats exactly what I want, if a game stays the same for many years it gets stale. The ebrs were a welcome shock to the system if you like spicing up the game

Genreal improvements to small things such as being able to use multiple consumables in the duration of one battle, allowing us to Blok maps these have enhanced the game massively. 

Am I the only one that likes these changes? it certainly feels that way

I am having so much fun on wot recently that ive spend hundreds of pounds in the last few weeks alone, but it seems everyone says the game is getting worse, I just dont see that.

yes I still have issues with arty etc but on the whole I am having more fun on wot then I have ever had previously and ive been playing since 2011

The removal of team damage also made the game 10 times better 

Edited by saxsan4, 07 July 2020 - 03:11 PM.

Kdingo #2 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles
Wot was at its peak in 2013/2014, then went downhill from there. Sure it looks fancier but its nowhere as good as it once was.

I dumped quite some cash into the game back in those days, wouldn't have done the same if the game would have been like it is today.

Edited by Kdingo, 09 July 2020 - 01:34 AM.

evilchaosmonkey #3 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19064 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Rolls eyes.

No one likes a creep.

Steeleye_Spam #4 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39142 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well, in general human nature seems to be that people are far more likely to go on a forum and complain about something when they are unhappy, than go on and say how wonderful something is. Also most people don't like change (me included sometimes), so whenever a change occurs a lot of people's first reaction will be to say how crap it is. Therefore what you see on the forum should in no way be correlated to what the broad player base thinks, or what they think long term once something has settled in.

I agree with you that a lot of changes in recent years have benefited the game (I was never a template hater, and like them for the same reasons as you). Scout MM changes were fine, but they did spoil it by making the class in the upper tiers basically redundant. Mechanics changes have generally been fine, and the gradual changes to the garage and minimap etc.. taking on the best elements of mods has been welcome. I'm not a fan of armoured cars, but with some nerfs they will probably garner less hatred. Artillery changes are the only area where I think they've failed to grasp the nettle and have dodged the real issue (which is multiple units in games). I sometimes get frustrated that they spend so much time on monetising new tanks and bringing out identikit tank lines, rather than developing new maps which is where the re-playability would be enhanced. But I guess maps don't generate income...

shikaka9 #5 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 80039 battles
I'm happy too :hiding:

Richthoffen #6 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
well they have been a lot of people complaining the game has been dumbed down, so if you are completely happy with those changes I guess you are part of the audience WG likes.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37491 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

EBR are very fun to play, I find them very easy to kill also, I dont understand the hate, 

Arty are very fun to play, I find them easy to avoid also, I don't understand the hate.

saxsan4 #8 Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostRichthoffen, on 07 July 2020 - 12:55 PM, said:

well they have been a lot of people complaining the game has been dumbed down, so if you are completely happy with those changes I guess you are part of the audience WG likes.

probably, :)  I only play for fun and don't obsession over stats, I get bored sitting in a bush and prefer fasts pace aggressive games than 12-15 min games 

qpranger #9 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
OP, yes.

Richthoffen #10 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

probably, :)  I only play for fun and don't obsession over stats, I get bored sitting in a bush and prefer fasts pace aggressive games than 12-15 min games

I play for fun, but also prefer a bit of a challenge.

I liked gold ammo for gold only, you had to learn weakspots and not just play like a regular shooter.

I liked the old MM before the 3/5/7 template

I was surprised to get scout MM when hitting tier 4 but learned to adapt.

as for WV, they are totally gamebreaking now and need to be adjusted, something WG had to do before introducing them and do their regular overpowered vehicle release-nerf-buff-nerf-buff cycle.

Marlekin #11 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:12 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34141 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR

From 2011 to 2015 or so, I was a big spender in this game. I would keep a premium account, buy the premium tanks I wanted, and spend alot of gold tank customisation, crew (re)training and free exp conversions. But if I look at alot of my high tier vehicles i unlocked back in the day, and premium tanks I paid for.. so many are of them are now "out of meta" - wich basically means they will more or less suck compared to the new flavour of tanks. Because WG wants you to try these new tank lines, and buy those new and better premium tanks. This is how WG's moneytrain will roll along and you either spend the time or money to keep up. 

If you ask me, this game is powercreep by design. So I stick to low and mid tier fun tanks. When I still feel like playing WoT, that is. 

Edited by Marlekin, 07 July 2020 - 02:13 PM.

Spammable_Lecter #12 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48492 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

Anybody ever look at the ingame General chat ?  

You wouldn't see that amount of moaning in a XXX rated movie

Inappropriate_noob #13 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19029 battles
  • [KV1] KV1

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

probably, :)  I only play for fun and don't obsession over stats,

I am beginning to like this:D:D:D

Kdingo #14 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 33415 battles

View PostSpammable_Lecter, on 07 July 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

Why this chat even exist is beyond me. Not sure what crazy urges one has to have to go there.

DaniulSims #15 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11477 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K

View PostKdingo, on 07 July 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Why this chat even exist is beyond me. Not sure what crazy urges one has to have to go there.

Vaguely quoting SerB: "To tell the enemy team they suck" 

TheGreatGazoo #16 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39611 battles
Yes you are.

mpf1959 #17 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38478 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Well, i've played it every day since 29th october 2017, and I will play again today, so I suppose I must like it.

I like savage one on one fighting, it's my favourite thing in the game. Sadly, you don't get a chance to do it very much in randoms as their or my team mate will invariably get involved, but when it falls right and is just one on one, I love it!

qpranger #18 Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostSpammable_Lecter, on 07 July 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

Correct, you would hear it instead.

Isharial #19 Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27033 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postsaxsan4, on 07 July 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hello,

I see a lot of negativity on the fourms about the general direction of the game.

But for me, I think the game is vastly superior to what it was many years ago.

MM for a starter we no longer have 'scout mm' which just made those tanks redundant, we no longer have silly mm where you'd be the only tier 6 in a tier 8 game, the template mm for the most part works very well. 3/5/7 games are fun even when bottom tier

EBR are very fun to play, I find them very easy to kill also, I dont understand the hate, I think personally some people dont like changes to meta but for me thats exactly what I want, if a game stays the same for many years it gets stale. The ebrs were a welcome shock to the system if you like spicing up the game

Genreal improvements to small things such as being able to use multiple consumables in the duration of one battle, allowing us to Blok maps these have enhanced the game massively. 

Am I the only one that likes these changes? it certainly feels that way

I am having so much fun on wot recently that ive spend hundreds of pounds in the last few weeks alone, but it seems everyone says the game is getting worse, I just dont see that.

yes I still have issues with arty etc but on the whole I am having more fun on wot then I have ever had previously and ive been playing since 2011

beyond the MM for the battle being better in terms of team tiers, the balance is out the window, the players in general are more useless and dont even start on the garage UI..... there's lots that has become progressively worse over the time ive been here.

there are redeeming factors ofcourse, the game still gives enjoyment for the most part, but if it keeps heading the way it is, it'll be forttanks soon enough... its slowly losing that tactical element it had in pursuit of "360 noscope headkill bruh, u ded n0w!!" players, which are not really the players that will join and stay in a game like this. quick buck now, but no long term length - precisely what WG have been doing the last few years.

Changing the MM was a good thing ill agree. the times when you ended up as a T8 in an all TX game and wondering why your there, or the blatant one sided games where the enemy got 3 more T8's than your team that got 3 more T6's because why not? that MM would be hell now with all the broken T8's they keep making. 

Had a "great" one on widepark once where the enemy had the only T6 in the battle - thankfully it was an AMX artillery but it could have easily been a pre-nerf O-I and rolled through the team....

EBR's are not "very easy to kill" unless the idiot drives in a straight and/or predictable line, at to which point, yes, but if they are actually playing properly, they are not "easy to kill" at all, specially if your driving a casemate or something with a long aimtime. - you also have to remember that there are many players using laptops, outdated computers or terrible internet, or a combo of all, and having something like these in a game like this, will drive those players away eventually - its hard enough playing on 120-150 ping when its unstable; that used to be all i could get, and hitting the then faster lights 2-3 years ago was certainly difficult. id hate to have to hit an EBR in such circumstances. better equipment helps sure, but whats the average hardware people have on a game like this? id wager its not that great

there's more thing's they could have done, than make the yolo wagons.... 

consumables were a good thing, yes, but, did that make it easier to "move on" so to speak? people never learn from their mistakes anymore. some people repeatedly show the same part of their tank and get tracked - before they could do it once, then that's it. now they can do it multiple times and repair each. is that a good thing? im not sure.

block maps was a nice addition, will agree on that point

team damage removal went better than i originally envisaged. i expected an increase in trolling, pushing and the like. id wager that supports quick action and hard come down on those than do it helped deter some from doing it. 

i see the game getting worse when you consider what it once was - a slower paced tactical game. Now you can get to TX within 1000 games and most that do are such a load of worthless tripe that you wonder why they even bothered. you can skip entire lines and get the TX far easier than you ever could, and it doesn't help the higher tier play. TX is literally what T1 was back in 2016. 

saxsan4 #20 Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26555 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostIsharial, on 07 July 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

beyond the MM for the battle being better in terms of team tiers, the balance is out the window, the players in general are more useless and dont even start on the garage UI..... there's lots that has become progressively worse over the time ive been here.

there are redeeming factors ofcourse, the game still gives enjoyment for the most part, but if it keeps heading the way it is, it'll be forttanks soon enough... its slowly losing that tactical element it had in pursuit of "360 noscope headkill bruh, u ded n0w!!" players, which are not really the players that will join and stay in a game like this. quick buck now, but no long term length - precisely what WG have been doing the last few years.

Changing the MM was a good thing ill agree. the times when you ended up as a T8 in an all TX game and wondering why your there, or the blatant one sided games where the enemy got 3 more T8's than your team that got 3 more T6's because why not? that MM would be hell now with all the broken T8's they keep making. 

Had a "great" one on widepark once where the enemy had the only T6 in the battle - thankfully it was an AMX artillery but it could have easily been a pre-nerf O-I and rolled through the team....

EBR's are not "very easy to kill" unless the idiot drives in a straight and/or predictable line, at to which point, yes, but if they are actually playing properly, they are not "easy to kill" at all, specially if your driving a casemate or something with a long aimtime. - you also have to remember that there are many players using laptops, outdated computers or terrible internet, or a combo of all, and having something like these in a game like this, will drive those players away eventually - its hard enough playing on 120-150 ping when its unstable; that used to be all i could get, and hitting the then faster lights 2-3 years ago was certainly difficult. id hate to have to hit an EBR in such circumstances. better equipment helps sure, but whats the average hardware people have on a game like this? id wager its not that great

there's more thing's they could have done, than make the yolo wagons.... 

consumables were a good thing, yes, but, did that make it easier to "move on" so to speak? people never learn from their mistakes anymore. some people repeatedly show the same part of their tank and get tracked - before they could do it once, then that's it. now they can do it multiple times and repair each. is that a good thing? im not sure.

block maps was a nice addition, will agree on that point

team damage removal went better than i originally envisaged. i expected an increase in trolling, pushing and the like. id wager that supports quick action and hard come down on those than do it helped deter some from doing it. 

i see the game getting worse when you consider what it once was - a slower paced tactical game. Now you can get to TX within 1000 games and most that do are such a load of worthless tripe that you wonder why they even bothered. you can skip entire lines and get the TX far easier than you ever could, and it doesn't help the higher tier play. TX is literally what T1 was back in 2016. 

oh yes I totality forgot about the team damage removal , one of the best things they did, I remember once loosing 50% of my hp in elc amp because I kept getting rammed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users