• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Greetings commanders,

Please feel free to share your feedback on the equipment 2.0 changes here.

Thank you!

leggasiini #2 Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 18823 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
There's no equipment 2.0? At least not in the current iteration...

24doom24 #3 Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9607 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
wait EQ 2.0 is coming this quickly? What about the results of the second iteration?

edevjoe #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4569 battles

Wth where did equipment 2.0 come from this iteration ?

sokolicc #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35976 battles
  • [A1PHA] A1PHA
If it's coming in that shape then big NO-NO FOR BUFFING PURPLE EQUIPMENT.
FFS, people, it will still have 1.5-2% of advantage over regular, why buffing purple more???

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36523 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Bounty equipment and Bond equipment should keep the same stats.

People whom invested into getting Bond equipment made the investments knowing that % wise, they would be the same as bounty equipment.

Now it's not the same anymore, thus is devalues bounty equpment as a result. Kind of like a powercreep.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15607 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If this is going to happen as it looks like, then I would ask WG to:

1) Demount ALL equipment from ALL tanks in our garage FOR FREE. Handing out a dozen demount kits when we have plenty of equipment loadouts to re-think and forcing us to pay for it WITH GOLD would just be a [edited] move

2) Have an equipment discount run for A FULL WEEK; so if we need to re-equip some tanks, we can do so at a discount. (Some people run the auto-equip mod and will need to buy 25 binoculars because now you have to pay gold to demount it). 

What happens to equipment in your depot; will it automatically change to the type 1 (most expensive) or cheapest type??

View PostStronkiTonki, on 11 July 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Bounty equipment and Bond equipment should keep the same stats.

People whom invested into getting Bond equipment made the investments knowing that % wise, they would be the same as bounty equipment.

Now it's not the same anymore, thus is devalues bounty equpment as a result. Kind of like a powercreep.

I agree with StronkiTonki. You advertised bounty equipment as being exactly as bond equipment, so why the difference with 2.0??

StronkiTonki #8 Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 36523 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

I also feel like everyone should get a full refund in credits for all equipment.

I have over 200 tanks fully equipped with equipment, suited for the current selection of equipment pieces.

If I want to re-equip all my tanks properly, using new equipment, it will cost me millions of credits, even if I sell the old ones at half price, I will surely not be able to afford re-equipping all my tanks properly.

Hence I suggest a full credit refund for all equipment pieces that are on tanks and in the depot.

I don't want to be forced to sell a ton of equipment just so I can buy back equipment for only half of my tanks.

alberto_68 #9 Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19733 battles
the bad is also that we now need to pay to demount the camo net and binoculars

Turotaka #10 Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20469 battles

First thing i disagree with is the equipment interface. When i take a tank without equipment, i can add new pieces and toy around and see the effects on the tank stats without getting billed anything until i hit "apply". But when i use a tank that is already fully equipped, i get asked to demount my current equipment first (and get charged for that immediately) without a chance to look at the changed stats or a chance to cancel that change. For an extra insult, switching out a high class equipment piece without applying chances also leaves me unable to remount it.

Second thing is a max of 30 demount kits would not even be enough if a single demount kit could demount all equipment pieces for a single tank. Automatically demounting every equipment piece and refunding everything at sale price would be more appropriate for a change of this dimension.

Furthermore i do not see why bond equipment should get any better than it already was. Also upgraded bounty equipment was advertized as being equivalent to bond equipment.

ares354 #11 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 78835 battles
Remove rammer and Went to make real difference, not sad joke WG. 

Denton_0451 #12 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27236 battles
I REALLY hope WG will consider a full demount and full price refund pass for the equipment the players have used in the past before implementing such a DRASTIC change. That 30 demounting kit is a joke compared to my 200+ tanks fully equipped in my garage, not even mentioning all the equipment that could become useless on the tanks they are currently mounted.

Gkirmathal #13 Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8692 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

The new UI design is hideous...the size has been increase far too much for the garage equipment elements and the full screen interface to equip equipment is off putting.

Much is left to be desired and Equipment 2.0 seems to have been pushed out before it was ready to be released...at least from the UI side of things IMO.

ares354 #14 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:02 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 78835 battles
So I have to use firepower slot on E3 and Badger even tho those TD HAVE way too different role in combat in compere to STRV 103b, or FV 4005. 

Who in WG think, I want slot that buff HE protection, I dont need -11.5% reload over 10% ffs WG. Those TD are close combat monster. 

So clipp tank can how get maybe new equipment, but tank who have ability to add rammer, get nothing really with those changes. Losing 10% of dpm, to gain, 1 free no fire aint worth it. Droping view range is suicide or vert stats. 

T57 may drop vent for double equipment slot that buff soft stats, but IS 7 cannot, he lose too much DPM 

DO ANY WG dev thaught that ? I dont think so. You didint add 4 slot, yet you take from lower tier. 

Its Rubikon again, fail patch. 

Equipment changes should come with crew changes. And 30 kits is joke, so is roles you give tanks ,that dont fit them. 

Edited by ares354, 17 July 2020 - 12:03 AM.

mattynob #15 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14012 battles
  • [SALE] SALE

i will just go with some thoughts which no one will care about

• game-breaking new equipment that does not fit at all with the way spotting and 6th sense mechanics currently work
  • bounty equipment we paid for with real money is now not anymore equal to bond equipment
  • binoculars and camo net no more demountable for free (would have preferred to know it before selling the ones i had in excess and keeping only 5 of them)

sokolicc #16 Posted 17 July 2020 - 10:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35976 battles
  • [A1PHA] A1PHA
Purple equipment too powerfull, and PURPLE or BOND EQUIPMENT DOESN'T NEES A BUFF.
You have, with standard equipment, boost on only 1 slot for 1-2% on average but with purple you will have the boost of 1-2% on ALL 3 PIECES OF EQUIPMENT. What is this nonsense? Do you still need to reward CCs and people who're the top 1% of players for their game performance?
09:56 Added after 4 minute
And yes, interface is not intuitive, it's taking too long to load. Previously, i could setup my tank on 1 screen and go to battle and that lasted few seconds, for example, if i change loadout for frontline or tier 8 stronghold.
Now i have to wait more, to have non-intuitive interface etc.
You could place shell info in a tooltip, just like my mod i use gives me info.

Balancing tanks, ok, new map, ok, new tanks, ok.
But buffing purple equipment although there's no bloody need, they newd nerf... It's a joke.
And this new interface, like this crap for ranked that's taking 10-20 seconds of my life unnecessarily... Oh, boy, can be annoying.

HunSid #17 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20303 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
I'm really confused as to why bond equipment is buffed?
  • Firstly, there's just no need for it? Bondequipment is already most likely used by the strongest players, why do you want to create an even larger imbalance?
  • Secondly, you introduced Bounty equipment, to somehow balance the differences bond equipment made, which is supposed to have the same stats as bond equipment, and you immediately go and break that. Why?
  • I didn't see any mention of these changes at any point in the patch notes, why?

FizzlePopBerryTwist #18 Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32459 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

So... instead of having 1 screen for : repair, ammo, and consumables... we got THREE menus? PLUS another one for Equipment ---> 4

How is that simpler? Is my PC a [edited]Phone with a touchscreen? were the icons not big enough???? making them 5 times as big to fill the screen makes SENSE.... in opposite land<.<

12:44 Added after 3 minute

Another point:

It shows me '4 5 6' for the slots, but if I hover over the item and push 4  5 or 6... it doesn't do crap.

*so you can't even quick bind them or SAVE/LOAD LOADOUT PROFILES?*

WG you are clever. So very clever. *EVE ONLINE DID THAT TEN YEAAAARS AGO!!!!* 

I CAN BUY A SHIP- PUSH ONE BUTTON- AND WHATEVER IS AVAILABLE IS PUT INTO THE [edited]SHIP!!!

NO joke... you guys manage to be 20 years behind in just 10 years. SOMEHOW ...

your "make over" is what I call "Not even scratching the VERY basics of game design!" 

And rightfully so.

Every other damn game knows what a Loadout is... and how to use it.

my god you get paid for this?`REALLY?

SATRIX_SATRIX94 #19 Posted 17 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16643 battles

i don't like this ideea with equipment 2,0 

really is waste my time with this game... i think i do not play wot anymore

Edited by SATRIX_SATRIX94, 04 August 2020 - 08:58 PM.

lutsinho #20 Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25152 battles
  • [DPG1] DPG1

Equipment is almost exactly the same as on the last sandbox so the same problems.

It is nice to try and get diversity in equipment use. However, new equipment does not really rival the old meta. For td's who have an extra slot due to not having a V-stab have some nice new options. The rest will probably stick to a combination of vents, v-stab, rammer and optics. To me the best new options look to be, Improved amiming unit and turbocharger. Maybe also the commanders vision system but I do not know the increase in exact numbers. How many meters you win in spotting. Improved aiming unit now gives a 5% bonus to accuracy (most tanks do not get the bonus only TD's) while vents give a 5% bonus to crew which translates into a 2,2/2,5% increase in accuracy. So IAU does double what vents do, but vents improve the rest of the vehicle also. This makes that IAU is probably very niche and only viable on tanks with really bad accuracy. 
I feel the new equipment could only be worth it when you can put them in a bonus slot. The new equipment gets a considerable boost when put into a bonus slot compared to the 4 meta pieces of equipment. 

You have a predetermined bonus per class, which does not fit every vehicle. For example heavies when looking at individual basis could have all the possible bonus slots exept maybe scouting. 50B would not need survivability slot but firepower and mobility, while maybe a Maus could use survivability. TD's when looking at individual basis could have all slots. For example Strv: scouting, mobility. Foch: firepower, mobility. JPZ e100: could use survivability and firepower. Mediums when looking at individual basis could have all bonusses. So giving a slot based on class is strange. Furthermore it is strange that there is only one bonus per class. I think it would be better, if you want a bonus only for enhancing strong points, if a slot had atleast 2 possible bonusses. For example: lights have a slot which boost or scouting or mobility. In general the bonus focusses on the strong point of the class, why could you not improve a weakpoint and get a bonus for that.

If you want to enhance varibility it would be better to not force people to certain equipment because of bonusses. For example the only good option for the survivability bonus is now to put vents in that spot. You can just ignore the slot bonus but that feels a little bit as a waste. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users