• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dwigt #1 Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 1612 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Greetings commanders,

Please feel free to share your feedback on the Steel Hunter event here.

Thank you!

edevjoe #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:28 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4551 battles
Good job WG ! Im loving this gamemode a LOT :) Pls do make it a permanent game mode as it is a breath of fresh to air to try something new everytime and not random battle 3-15 rofl stomp all the time ! Also buff the french tank a bit as it has no armor and when u get rammed in this thing its very ugly.

Edited by edevjoe, 11 July 2020 - 11:43 AM.

sunara_hrvoje #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16168 battles
  • [C_R_G] C_R_G

Same issues as last year cheaters are joining randoms and working together making it near impossible to win since its often 2v1.

some ideas to fix it:

show the names of players who were nearby upon death and allow us to report them, this would probably be the best counter to cheating since they rack up plenty of kills and lots of people would report them.

allow replays(cant see any replays from what i played) so we can prove cheating

12:20 Added after 7 minute

View Postedevjoe, on 11 July 2020 - 08:28 AM, said:

Good job WG ! Im loving this gamemode a LOT :) Pls do make it a permanent game mode as it is a breath of fresh to air to try something new everytime and not random battle 3-15 rofl stomp all the time ! Also buff the french tank a bit as it has no armor and when u get rammed in this thing its very ugly.

Buff the french tank? its probably the best one once you get the 10 shot autoloader, you can outrun everyone and clip them for 1100 dmg. I played 2 games with it and was first and second(german superheavy was first and even than I only died because of zone) if you want armor play the russian or german.

edit: one thing that could be buffed for the frenchie is the gold penetration of the HE gun because wtf am I supposed to do with 30 pen? the only thing you can reliably pen with that is other frenchies and only in the side or back provided of course that they went the mobility path not the hit points path in which case you again cant pen so whats the point of these.

Edited by sunara_hrvoje, 11 July 2020 - 01:36 PM.

R8E #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25027 battles
  • [WDRGN] WDRGN

I'm not one to make complaints about the changes and additions to World of Tanks but I've played quite a few battles of Steel Hunter and I've noticed that the Varyag (Russian tank) and the Walkure (German tank) are dominating.

I don't know whether WG is going to balance this correctly as I like the fact that they have added two more nations to the game mode which adds variety but it is near impossible to one on one fight and win, in these new nations like I've had multiple battles where I see the Varyag and it just crushes my Harbinger Mk. IV. It is a real shame that this is happening in this game mode as all the tier 1 tanks should have the same DPM and armour from the get-go so all players have a fair chance of winning. I understand that the point of the mode is to upgrade your tank but it feels like some other nations have better upgrades and consumables to others and it all makes a difference during the combat.

Hopefully, WG balance all the nations correctly before the live version of Steel Hunter happens as it would be a real shame to have to grind 15 ranks with just the Varyag or Walkure, and lose that variety that there trying to add in just because winning is near impossible in those other nations.

sunara_hrvoje #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16168 battles
  • [C_R_G] C_R_G

View PostR8E, on 11 July 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm not one to make complaints about the changes and additions to World of Tanks but I've played quite a few battles of Steel Hunter and I've noticed that the Varyag (Russian tank) and the Walkure (German tank) are dominating.

I don't know whether WG is going to balance this correctly as I like the fact that they have added two more nations to the game mode which adds variety but it is near impossible to one on one fight and win, in these new nations like I've had multiple battles where I see the Varyag and it just crushes my Harbinger Mk. IV. It is a real shame that this is happening in this game mode as all the tier 1 tanks should have the same DPM and armour from the get-go so all players have a fair chance of winning. I understand that the point of the mode is to upgrade your tank but it feels like some other nations have better upgrades and consumables to others and it all makes a difference during the combat.

Hopefully, WG balance all the nations correctly before the live version of Steel Hunter happens as it would be a real shame to have to grind 15 ranks with just the Varyag or Walkure, and lose that variety that there trying to add in just because winning is near impossible in those other nations.

what would be the point of multiple tanks if they are all the same, variety is there so you can find something that fits you if you wanna brawl with others and the harbinger doesnt do it well than play the russian and german(the game even tells you what tanks are good for what)

olmocap #6 Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19397 battles
  • [7S3NS] 7S3NS
The french vehicle should be called the "STEVEN 90" and be driven by 06wallst

Koz23 #7 Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28834 battles

I have not played too much to give a proper opinion on how balanced the vehicles are, but in some cases armor is very annoying to deal with, especially with HEAT being primary ammo. And I did not enjoy the french vehicle that much.

But, there is one thing that I really dislike, is the predefined slots of the consumables and abilities... Repair kit on 3? what? It would be really nice if we had the option to change the setup ourselves and choose which slot we want the consumables to be on.That's my biggest issue with the mode.

_Hanibal_Smith_ #8 Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26293 battles

Hi everyone.

This update is disapointing on pretty much all sides to me, the vehicle changes are not good, ths new comunication systeme is more annoying and complicated than it ever has been and one of the best mini event of this game has been destroyed... Steel Hunter, what have you done WG. The tanks are not fun to play anymore, the new nations are pointless (even tho I can unserstand that some people got sick of playing 3 tanks only), the new map is bad and even the new music isn't good ! Why ?? Why couldn't you leave the old event like it was, I never saw someone really complain about it ! This event was about fast tanks rolling on a good map with good music and fighting in some intense fights to get the biggest alpha damage gun or the biggest HE spam, thers's none of that anymore, no fun left now it's going to be a grind like Front Line is...

The_Underscore #9 Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16435 battles
  • [AVIT] AVIT

For me, this was by far my favourite game mode. It still is my favourite game mode now, but after i played it for a bunch of hours the past few days, i can't help but feel they've made it worse in a few ways.

One way in which i personally think they made it worse in, is armour. They have made most guns have HEAT as standard, which we all know has trouble when you shoot spaced armour with it, and then they went and put loads of spaced armour on all the tanks, which can make it hard to penetrate even the more lightly armoured tanks, and especially the Walkure. Some of the spaced armour is also less obvious than other spaced armour plates, and this can make is super awkward to penetrate tanks with HEAT, i'd be willing to say that it even feels unnatural in some cases. The weak spots and non-weak spots are all in what seems like random places. I feel that the whole armour and shell type situation was better in the old version of Steel Hunter. I know that it shouldn't be too easy, but this just makes it too awkward in my opinion.

I also personally think that power-ups should disappear after the death of the user. I have died quite a lot to power-ups after destroying the user, for example the Arlequin's roller, or the Varyag's minefield. I even got stuck in a Varyag's minefield after destroying him in the yellow-zone, which then turned into a red-zone, and since i got stuck in the middle of the minefield, i had no choice but to hit at least 3 mines while trying to escape from the red-zone but i couldn't make it out in time even though i would have survived the mines. So i died to someone that i killed 20 seconds ago... which slightly annoyed me.

I also don't like that they removed tier 8 upgrades. The guns in the old tier 8 were so fun, 1100 alpha guns, HE derp autoloaders with huge splash damage or machine-gun-like unload speed, powerful autoloaders and etc. They have added double guns and autoreloaders, but for the most part, at least for me, the autoreloaders and the double guns are quite underpowered compared to the more normal guns, and the HE gun on the french is too weak aswell in my opinion.

I do like that they added more diversity, with the 2 new tanks and the new map, there is also a limited number of power-ups now so you don't have to fiddle with 8 different buttons, and the different vehicles all have different power-ups which is nice. You also spawn with more shells than previously meaning that it's harder to run out of shells early game, although i personally think that this aspect made it more tense at the start of the game, i think they should slightly reduce the amount of shells you start with, not to the extent it was previously at, but just a bit. I won't even try to comment on the balance of the vehicles and the power-ups as i can't be bothered.

I also think that maybe dead tanks de-spawn after a certain amount of time, because recently i was fighting a Walkure with the Varyag, he pushed me up a slope, i killed him, and then i was stuck and couldn't get out at all no matter what i did. I was stuck there for 2 or 3 minutes until the red-zone came and finished me off. In this case i died to someone who i killed 2-3 minutes ago, which annoyed me more than last time with the Varyag minefield, and it's not like these players will know that what they did ended up killing you, as you can't spectate the game mode so they wouldn't be getting any satisfaction from it. If anything, the person this stuff happens to gets no satisfaction. It's understandable if dead tanks are not made to de-spawn as they can be used as cover and such.

Fin.

SubSpace373 #10 Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19530 battles

Having enjoyed Steel Hunter last time, this time around it's a disappointment.  I've tried playing all the tanks, but while I can do some work in them, they're totally unbalanced and immensely frustrating to play.  Especially as some of the tanks don't even seem to match up to their roles, i.e. US or British tank, supposedly good at penetration, but kept bouncing off even flush side or rear shots on tanks!  If you want a mode to annoy the hell out of people after 2-3 games, congrats you've done it.  Take a leaf out of the the recent rebalance you did on T1-5 tanks by making the initial stages more forgiving in terms of hit points and damage received, and then space people out at the start more, otherwise the new or lapsed players who come to see what the event is about will be turned off the whole game so quickly.

Would definitely recommend the change request above though, please allow us to rebind the keys as the current consumable loadout is definitely very alien after the random battle setup.

The good things of the mode, the leveling system had better be that short when you release it in August if you're not going to make changes to the rest of the mode, and that I didn't actually experience cheating in the games I played (wrecked the game mode last time).  However I note that others have experienced this, so WG, make sure you have some anti-cheat system in place for this, i.e. people who have been clanmates at any point in the last few weeks or months aren't placed in the same single player match.

Bordhaw #11 Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16533 battles
Not interested. Why not invest the time and resource in to fixing all the existing issues rather than creating more ?

edevjoe #12 Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4551 battles

Oops . Sorry about the first comment i made in this thread. I was kinda wrong guys and rushed it as i just started playin it and here is my updated opinion. The balance within the nations is really bad. It seems like Russian and German nations are strong in this mode , the french tank is ok if u know how to play it . Pls check the balance WG and do it accordingly.Also even with STANDARD rounds against Wulkure (i think the german tank name is corrrect if im not mistaken) and Varyag  even the lower plate cant be penned . You pretty much HAVE to dab the two key and compensate which as a result afterwards made it quite pointless to play armored tanks and in my opinion it would be made even better if there were weak points which you can actually hit and pen so there would be less gold spam.Also even the BROADSIDE of those tanks cant be penned and u ALWAYS have to hit it flush 90 degrees with standard rounds. I rather have weakspots in the game than goldspam . Also i hope WG in Minsk office isnt only reading the RU forum but also checking our EU and other regions forum as well.

Edited by edevjoe, 16 July 2020 - 09:57 AM.

storm4710 #13 Posted 17 July 2020 - 05:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19550 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostKoz23, on 12 July 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

I have not played too much to give a proper opinion on how balanced the vehicles are, but in some cases armor is very annoying to deal with, especially with HEAT being primary ammo. And I did not enjoy the french vehicle that much.

But, there is one thing that I really dislike, is the predefined slots of the consumables and abilities... Repair kit on 3? what? It would be really nice if we had the option to change the setup ourselves and choose which slot we want the consumables to be on.That's my biggest issue with the mode.

having the repair kit on 3 is making me go crazy, 
This is by far the biggest problem im having

edit
after having played 2 hours more 
balance is all over the place
frenchy is okay´ish,maybe need more speed or something it kinda struggles if it gets overrun before fully upgraded
US and Brit tanks feel meh in low tiers, strong in high tiers,
Russian and German tanks are fine

Edited by storm4710, 17 July 2020 - 06:58 AM.

RobertMihai789 #14 Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7333 battles
Pls add duo option, every other battle royale game has a duo mode.

Killer_593_BiH_fighter #15 Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5914 battles
  • [B-LI] B-LI
Overall gamemode is very good and should be permanent with changes from time to time for example 1 month russians have only armor and hit points builds but other one they have mobility etc... French tank should recive a buff imo,and report option should be added i was put against teamers 2 times in 1 day and I couldnt do nothing but run.I saw someone saying add duos,that should be great too!

Welshbloke #16 Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20326 battles
  • [3-RTR] 3-RTR
So far enjoying this mode however certain tanks are definitely very disadvantaged at the earlier stages and this is further compounded if you have no drops near you. It is interesting that people think the French tanks need buffing if this is the case why do most games start with 50% of the team being French, it's easy they are fast and the game revolves around who can evolve the quickest and experience is its generally the French tank. Playing the UK tank feels the most disadvantaged and getting to the tiers when its effective is too difficult. I would like to think this is reflected in the stats for the top 5 surviving tanks. I notice today its reset but can't find what changes have occurred if any I guess I will just keep playing the tougher tanks and see if they win more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users