12 replies to this topic

AMONAS1 #1 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2086 battles
  • [AL_GR] AL_GR

I started recently WoT.

I have less tha 3000 battles.

I am ... good at WoWs, and i can not help but to compare the 2 games.

Gold, Premium, key 2, ammo that kills you. You pay (in game corrency that you need too buy ather staf for your tank) too kill.

That is the first problem. I buy premium Tanks but i do not want to pay for the premium ammo. Athers they can not buy anything. They are / I am the baby seal that expirience and then money clubs them.

You can not protect yourself or if you can you NEED 20k battles exp and then i feel you will have again serius problems.

Spoting.

The unexp player (me) does not know how it works. In game they shot me and i expect to at least see him after he shots.

Good luck with that. He is in a bush covered with max concelment and he see you kill you and I realy feel that he (20k+ battles) calls you an idiot that you do not know how to play.

I have to give solutions, knowing that are from a NOOBS point of view.

No more premium ammo or a FREE low fixed number of ammo per game ( like the players are doing now )

The spoting is a problem when the exp players go for the seals (me).

When a player has a number of battles above 10k he does not paired with the noob of 1k battles.

A better way too teach the consealment/spoting element of the game too new players.

SPG i do not know the basics to have a problem with them.

WV they are fast but to me are part of how the game is.

That are both problems for exp players. I need too know why we have the same TANK/cover and I bounce my shot while he gets a 4th of my HP per shot.

Am I unreasonable?

Do I speak without knowing?

Will more exp saw me different?

PS I do not have a T9 or T10 Tank. I own IS-3A, Lowe, Progetto, TL-1 LPC and i exp the USSR line corrently at T7/T8

EDIT

The comparison is betwin 2 SAME tanks + PREMIUM ammo. 2 Yamatos battling is about player exp not MONEY!

Spoting needs exp that I do not have.

2D/3D is not the problem. Map knowledge is a problem, but i get better.

Yes WoWs looks easy.

EDIT 10/7/2020

Most battles i have played above Tier 5 have deen won/lost by the analogy of the players that had Premium AMMO.

More players with Premium AMMO = WIN of the game.

It does not matter if you have a low Tier or up Tier Tank you win because you can afford the Premium AMMO. The enemy can NOT defent it self against you.

Exp players always will kill unexp players in low Tiers, I agree.

The spotting is something that you learn with exp but I will say that is complicated in WoT.

My solutions may have been noobies but the problem with the Premium AMMO is real and takes something out of the game (up Tier tank, better armor  => hit the 2 key and do the DMG that you need)

Edited by AMONAS1, 10 July 2020 - 03:53 PM.

Marlekin #2 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:36 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 34194 battles
  • [BEUKR] BEUKR
Warships? Maybe that game has no gold ammo, but you can just as easily take your low tier ship with a full trained captain, gear and consumables and go out and seal club some new players that are still learning to play the game. And it sure has premium ships that are far better than their techtree counterparts. This is WG, afterall.

What I liked most about Warships is that clan facilities are alot more usefull for the casual player, and the high tier economy is workable for a free2play player. 

totallynotqsr #3 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37509 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

No, you die because you make bad plays. The less bad plays you'll make, the less you'll die. You might want to learn the basics of wot at tier 5/6 and then move up tiers.

The whole wheeled vehicle/SPG/OP tanks discussion comes when you have an advanced understanding of the game

Richthoffen #4 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

main problem is, Wow was released after WoT so wg was able to "fix" things do cater to a broader audience.

WoT has a steep learning curve, already being flattened over the years, but still you need to know what your doing.

in short, Wot mechanics are not the same as WoW mechanics, you need to learn them in order to be successful, buying high tier premiums will not help bypassing that.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

WoWs is a 2D game, WoT is a 3D game, so it's more challenging and expansive in playstyle in regards to finding that WoWs will stand to you WoT development. What I mean by 2D and 3D is that ships are fighting on water(obviously) and this is a relatively flat surface, especially in WoWs, so it removes the up and down axis, thus is just 2D, but WoT is on land, and as such has hills and depressions and slopes etc, so very much does use the up and down axis, and as such is a 3D environment we duke it out on. So the games play very differently in that regards. WoWs just has islands strewn around in various configurations, nothing more.

What you can take from WoWs is the abilities you have learned when it comes to leading shots, though there is a lot more variation to that in WoT, with much more dramatic ends of the shell velocity spectrum. You can also use your knowledge of angling your ship to bounce and deflect shells. Just like in WoWs, if you go full "broadside" with your tank, your armor is very weak and you will take a lot of damage. There are no citadels on tanks to target as easily and obviously as there are in WoWs ships BUT, there are still ammo racks and fuel tanks so overall WoT's about tank and map knowledge really. The rest is up to RNG and MM. 

splash_time #6 Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

In WoWs, you just pre-aim and shoot, you do nothing else, because it's a flat sea and you either hit or bounce. But in WoTs, there's a lot of mechanics that you should learn, spotting mechanic, camo mechanics, penetration mechanics and etc. 

It's way more flexible than WoWs, like, HTs, not all are slow and sluggish as what WoWs battleships are and so on.

Try to play in lower tiers because they are easier and simpler to learn from. 

Btw, don't jump into T8 without knowing how the game works, because if you do, you'll ruin your team's battle, and your own mood.

Kdingo #7 Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles
They really should start adding fees on premium tanks for people having a sub 49% of an same tier tech tree tank.
For every 0.5% below add 10% price increase, if they wanna make others suffer at least milk them properly. The amount of no clue steves with low 40% wr in progettos and stuff is painful.

Inappropriate_noob #8 Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:41 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19030 battles

View Postsplash_time, on 08 July 2020 - 12:13 PM, said:

In WoWs, you just pre-aim and shoot, you do nothing else, because it's a flat sea and you either hit or bounce. But in WoTs, there's a lot of mechanics that you should learn, spotting mechanic, camo mechanics, penetration mechanics and etc. 

It's way more flexible than WoWs, like, HTs, not all are slow and sluggish as what WoWs battleships are and so on.

Try to play in lower tiers because they are easier and simpler to learn from. 

Btw, don't jump into T8 without knowing how the game works, because if you do, you'll ruin your team's battle, and your own mood.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Don't be like 'Skooby,' who did exactly this in WoW's, then got hooked on Tanks, if you are going to send you money do it in premium time, over time people have lent their knowledge to me and it has helped, had I been more thoughtful all those years ago I would have been better. Now I have had to crate another account, where all the mistakes from this one have been erased and that one is coming on nicely, the account idea was created in WoT's. 

Some very good advice is given on the forums and learning the lower tiers is the way to go, also you will be surprised just how many good tanks and ships there are in the lower tiers, Alecto, Matilda, Valentine etc, for Ships, Hosho, Shenyang, all the German DD's, the Wyoming, this all before =you get to the giddy heights of Defenders IS 3 A's, Skorpion G's etc, same for Ships,Massachusetts, Tirpitz Georgia etc

At least you have only had 3k battles that isn't much, when you have as many as I have and still suck, that is when you will really be called out as I usually am:D

Low tiers, stick to them they can be fun, good luck out there anyway.

qpranger #9 Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostAMONAS1, on 08 July 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

Spoting.

The unexp player (me) does not know how it works.

It works with two T's.

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 1537 battles

View PostAMONAS1, on 08 July 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

I started recently WoT.

I have less tha 3000 battles.

I am ... good at WoWs, and i can not help but to compare the 2 games.

Gold, Premium, key 2, ammo that kills you. You pay (in game corrency that you need too buy ather staf for your tank) too kill.

That is the first problem. I buy premium Tanks but i do not want to pay for the premium ammo. Athers they can not buy anything. They are / I am the baby seal that expirience and then money clubs them.

You can not protect yourself or if you can you NEED 20k battles exp and then i feel you will have again serius problems.

Spoting.

The unexp player (me) does not know how it works. In game they shot me and i expect to at least see him after he shots.

Good luck with that. He is in a bush covered with max concelment and he see you kill you and I realy feel that he (20k+ battles) calls you an idiot that you do not know how to play.

I have to give solutions, knowing that are from a NOOBS point of view.

No more premium ammo or a FREE low fixed number of ammo per game ( like the players are doing now )

The spoting is a problem when the exp players go for the seals (me).

When a player has a number of battles above 10k he does not paired with the noob of 1k battles.

A better way too teach the consealment/spoting element of the game too new players.

SPG i do not know the basics to have a problem with them.

WV they are fast but to me are part of how the game is.

That are both problems for exp players. I need too know why we have the same TANK/cover and I bounce my shot while he gets a 4th of my HP per shot.

Am I unreasonable?

Do I speak without knowing?

Will more exp saw me different?

PS I do not have a T9 or T10 Tank. I own IS-3A, Lowe, Progetto, TL-1 LPC and i exp the USSR line corrently at T7/T8

EDIT

The comparison is betwin 2 SAME tanks + PREMIUM ammo. 2 Yamatos battling is about player exp not MONEY!

Spoting needs exp that I do not have.

2D/3D is not the problem. Map knowledge is a problem, but i get better.

Yes WoWs looks easy.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Bordhaw #11 Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16538 battles

View PostAMONAS1, on 08 July 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

I started recently WoT.

Back 2015 ? 

splash_time #12 Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 08 July 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

Back 2015 ? 

I think he means started playing it again recently. Since he was playing WoWs?

The_Naa #13 Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12969 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAMONAS1, on 08 July 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

1. No more premium ammo or a FREE low fixed number of ammo per game ( like the players are doing now )

2. The spoting is a problem when the exp players go for the seals (me).

2. When a player has a number of battles above 10k he does not paired with the noob of 1k battles.

3. A better way too teach the consealment/spoting element of the game too new players.

1. No premium ammo would just mean that players that chose to pick a heavy tank with armour would just basically have god mode on, and its not fun to play against tanks that you cant kill but they can kill you.

2. EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER has more experienced players fighting against you when you start a new game.

i bet if i would go play WoWS right now there would be someone that knows more than me. i dont even know what is a bow of the ship. i have no idea what that is or any part on a boat is called, cuz i dont know anything about boats or WoWS other than is about boats. and if i would start playing WoWS would i not run into players that know more about the game than me if i start playing the game? is there something that would stop players with 10k games going for a seal like me?  -- point is that you need to take your time and learn the game and look into things. when i started this game i was like you, i did not know anything how the game worked but i took my time and started learning and here i am.

3. there is World of Tanks YT channel with videos explaining game mechanics. and there even is a ''new commers quide'' on the web page

https://worldoftanks...ewcomers-guide/

Also tagged with Gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users