Jump to content


T57 Heavy, thumbs up

T57 Heavy ToTT

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17432 battles
  • 2,325
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Hi fellas, 

I've just got this DPM beast, and i truly liked it.

First battle and 5.2k damage dealt. :P

 

Anyone can advice any tips and tricks of how to play this tank? 

Would be much appreciated. :)

 

Kind regards,

Splash. 


Edited by splash_time, 08 July 2020 - 05:40 PM.


MaxandChloe4ever #2 Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:42 PM

    General of the Army

  • Moderator
  • 255 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    06-29-2016

Play it at very close range, your gun is a pile of BS at anything outside of touching distance. Other than that there really is nothing much to talk about, just keep bursting, and take cover while reloading.

If all else fails, fire full gold. :trollface:



Bigtime_Alarm #3 Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24809 battles
  • 762
  • Member since:
    05-14-2013
Find something with armour and be his friend. While he trades with enemy heavies you can add a load of extra damage whenever they have just shot, or if the enemy has friends too you can keep them busy. For example, I recently supported an obj 277 that was fighting a similar chinese heavy. When they had both lost a few hp the obj face hugged the enemy and I drove up beside them and killed him with 3 shells. I am pretty sure that was his plan all along, anyway it worked and for once RNG was kind and the enemy didn't pull off any miracles.

Edited by Bigtime_Alarm, 08 July 2020 - 08:11 PM.


Japualtah #4 Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35243 battles
  • 1,425
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

Only tank in the game I ever got 4 bounces on a BC25t, that's what happens when a tank is equipped with a catapult.



undutchable80 #5 Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:22 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 15549 battles
  • 5,087
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
Never go alone. Even better breing a platoonmate in a heavy that can cover you whilst you reload and you use him as shield when you unload your clip.

Semih_Dellal #6 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:12 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7950 battles
  • 96
  • Member since:
    08-17-2018

it seems that you clipped a freaking wheelie and sent him to the hell....that must have been a great feeling since i hate all of them :D

 

and just thinking it now....a platoon of T57's could be devastating if they have a good connection between them...the combined 4800 damage potential can sweep through an entire lane and advance...when one of them reloading, the other one unleashing a salvo upon an enemy...and then keep going so on, so on...that could be a great gameplay experience...

 

But only if they have good connection between them....no mistakes allowed in this tank...



snowlywhite #7 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32565 battles
  • 865
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

that ebr was afk? or how did you manage to put 4 into it with that gun? =))))

 

tank seems at best mediocre tbh



tajj7 #8 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:14 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30305 battles
  • 18,305
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Pure bursting support tank, as others have said, find someone in a competent heavy that can take hits, and clip people that have fired.

 

I find the T57 a feast or famine tank, the raw damage you can put out means you can have massive damage games, especially if enemies are making plenty of mistakes. But the lack of flexibility, armour and derpiness of the gun means that if your team don't do their job and the enemies don't make mistakes or are passive, its hard to have a good game. 



tall_paul #9 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 31190 battles
  • 101
  • [J1FTD] J1FTD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View Posttajj7, on 09 July 2020 - 08:14 AM, said:

Pure bursting support tank, as others have said, find someone in a competent heavy that can take hits, and clip people that have fired.

 

I find the T57 a feast or famine tank, the raw damage you can put out means you can have massive damage games, especially if enemies are making plenty of mistakes. But the lack of flexibility, armour and derpiness of the gun means that if your team don't do their job and the enemies don't make mistakes or are passive, its hard to have a good game. 

 

That's certainly my experience.

 

I bought it and had 3 games.  2 were abysmal and one was great.

 

It feels very badly powercrept tbh, and I'm not particularly overjoyed about having to load gold to make it competitive against other tier 10s.



dUG1 #10 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36865 battles
  • 1,099
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

Needs either more armor, more speed or better gun handling, because its mediocre in all 3 atm.

 

50B and Kranvagn do the "supporting" clipping part much better and more efficient.



Japualtah #11 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35243 battles
  • 1,425
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012

View PostdUG1, on 09 July 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

Needs either more armor, more speed or better gun handling, because its mediocre in all 3 atm.

 

I think it was nerfed a while back (gun handling), when they wanted to differentiate the T57 and 50B more.

My memory may not serve me well though.



dUG1 #12 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36865 battles
  • 1,099
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View PostJapualtah, on 09 July 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

 

I think it was nerfed a while back (gun handling), when they wanted to differentiate the T57 and 50B more.

My memory may not serve me well though.

 

Could be, but 50B or Kranvagn feel like insta aim compared to T57 derp gun handling.



Gruff_ #13 Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 26383 battles
  • 2,749
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
Really enjoyed it on the test server, but that was during the increased alpha for non premium shells testing.  It could use some more ammo and better mobility, the gunhandling was workable with vent gld and verts.

no_skill_bob #14 Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:25 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 35065 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postsplash_time, on 08 July 2020 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hi fellas, 

I've just got this DPM beast, and i truly liked it.

First battle and 5.2k damage dealt. :P

 

Anyone can advice any tips and tricks of how to play this tank? 

Would be much appreciated. :)

 

Kind regards,

Splash. 

the only advice you need with it - trade wisely, get hit once, put 4 into enemy = success :D

 


Edited by no_skill_bob, 09 July 2020 - 05:25 PM.


tajj7 #15 Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30305 battles
  • 18,305
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostJapualtah, on 09 July 2020 - 08:46 AM, said:

 

I think it was nerfed a while back (gun handling), when they wanted to differentiate the T57 and 50B more.

My memory may not serve me well though.

 

Yeh but Kranvagn didn't exist then and 50b has been buffed since then (and is out of the meta now anyway) AND Kranvagn got buffed, and we got stuff like the Progetto, TVP as new autoloaders, plus 279es, 260s, Chieftains etc. etc.

 

It was OP back then, but it was fighting like E100s, IS4s, IS7s (pre-buff), and the only tier 10 autoloaders we had IIRC were T57, Bat Chat, 50b and Waffle E100. 

 

It's been power crept a lot.

 

The issue it has is the same issue all support tanks have, in that they rely on team mates and they rely on people making mistakes, so if you have to chase an enemy team that is playing passively or is retreating, something like the T57 with no armour, bad gun handling and poor mobility it struggles. Plus it can't just run away and clip on the other flank like a 50b or Progetto etc. 

 

If people drive out side on and allow you to track them close range and you teammates are doing their jobs (i.e taking hits for you as proper heavies) then it can be brutal and it can farm damage for days, but if the enemy is passive, running away and your team mates are reluctant to go forward, it's close to useless. 



no_skill_bob #16 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:07 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 35065 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Posttajj7, on 09 July 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

 

Yeh but Kranvagn didn't exist then and 50b has been buffed since then (and is out of the meta now anyway) AND Kranvagn got buffed, and we got stuff like the Progetto, TVP as new autoloaders, plus 279es, 260s, Chieftains etc. etc.

 

It was OP back then, but it was fighting like E100s, IS4s, IS7s (pre-buff), and the only tier 10 autoloaders we had IIRC were T57, Bat Chat, 50b and Waffle E100. 

 

It's been power crept a lot.

 

The issue it has is the same issue all support tanks have, in that they rely on team mates and they rely on people making mistakes, so if you have to chase an enemy team that is playing passively or is retreating, something like the T57 with no armour, bad gun handling and poor mobility it struggles. Plus it can't just run away and clip on the other flank like a 50b or Progetto etc. 

 

If people drive out side on and allow you to track them close range and you teammates are doing their jobs (i.e taking hits for you as proper heavies) then it can be brutal and it can farm damage for days, but if the enemy is passive, running away and your team mates are reluctant to go forward, it's close to useless. 

lets not forget, that t57 used to have great gun handling, which got nerfed into ground, too bad i wasnt even close to getting t57 when it was at its peak.



tajj7 #17 Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30305 battles
  • 18,305
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postno_skill_bob, on 09 July 2020 - 07:07 PM, said:

lets not forget, that t57 used to have great gun handling, which got nerfed into ground, too bad i wasnt even close to getting t57 when it was at its peak.

 

It didn't really have great gun handling, but it certainly had better gun handling than it has now, but crucially everything else generally had a lot worse gun handling, but we've had power creep in everything then, even gun handling.

 

it's why tanks like 215b are so bad now, back then the 215b had gun handling barely any tanks in the game had, let alone heavies and DPM pretty unmatched in heavies as well (bar the T57), now you have stuff like Obj. 260s that go 60kph, have 440 alpha, 2.5k DPM and gun handling like most mediums had back in the day.

 

Dispersion below like 0.14 on moving/hull and 0.10 on turrets barely existed then, and barely any tanks had aim times less than 2s, now like IS-7s have 0.06 turret dispersion 

 

But yeh a buff to it's gun handling and accuracy would be a good change I think, maybe a buff to the standard pen as well, as basically the whole tank is about the gun and the lack of mobility means it doesn't cut it against tier 10 heavies with the armour power creep. Especially if they are trying to move away from premium ammo, giving the T57 something like 275 standard AP pen might be a way to go if the HEAT gets nerfed.  It has to deal with way more armour than it used to, which is again why it struggles, unless you spam the HEAT.


Edited by tajj7, 10 July 2020 - 08:50 AM.


no_skill_bob #18 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:01 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 35065 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Posttajj7, on 10 July 2020 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

It didn't really have great gun handling, but it certainly had better gun handling than it has now, but crucially everything else generally had a lot worse gun handling, but we've had power creep in everything then, even gun handling.

 

it's why tanks like 215b are so bad now, back then the 215b had gun handling barely any tanks in the game had, let alone heavies and DPM pretty unmatched in heavies as well (bar the T57), now you have stuff like Obj. 260s that go 60kph, have 440 alpha, 2.5k DPM and gun handling like most mediums had back in the day.

 

Dispersion below like 0.14 on moving/hull and 0.10 on turrets barely existed then, and barely any tanks had aim times less than 2s, now like IS-7s have 0.06 turret dispersion 

 

But yeh a buff to it's gun handling and accuracy would be a good change I think, maybe a buff to the standard pen as well, as basically the whole tank is about the gun and the lack of mobility means it doesn't cut it against tier 10 heavies with the armour power creep. Especially if they are trying to move away from premium ammo, giving the T57 something like 275 standard AP pen might be a way to go if the HEAT gets nerfed.  It has to deal with way more armour than it used to, which is again why it struggles, unless you spam the HEAT.

well sure, it was not great in general, but it was really good for autoloader with highest dpm ;)

a lot of tanks are over-buffed if we compare to what we used to have just a few years ago. i really dont get the wg balance - the release tanks like wz5a, 277, SQ and a t the same time they release china td, amx m4 54, pz7(lowe at tier 8 has better turret lol). imho if all new tanks were balanced like m4, pz7 then we would have better game environment. oh yes forgot one more epic example of balance - first ebr 105 and then manticore gets released :D like wtf are they even thinking, its just not possible to understand.

about T57 gun - they should just reverse the nerf, same as they should do it for several other tanks they nerfed in the past, like t110e5, even with its broken armor model, it would still be more balanced than many other over-buffed hts.

Ammunition on its own, well 258 ap is not bad by any standards, but you are 100% right, you cant do crap in full tier 10 heavy setup games with that. There is a reason why we have name changes for several tanks - HEAT-57, HEAT-100, HEAT-54/55, because choice of ammo makes or brakes the performance of the tank, same as 50b with ap/apcr. 







Also tagged with T57 Heavy, ToTT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users