Jump to content


Bounty Equipment Shenanigans


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46921 battles
  • 7,584
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

So, it looks like WG are going to shaft those of us who wasted our time & money buying Bounty Equipment.

Sold to us under the premise of it being equal to Bond Equipment it now appears that this will not be the case and it will, in fact, be less effective than Bond Equipment.

And the worst part is the excuse given is laughable - they are "buffing" Bond Equipment!

I mean really, do they take us for fools?

I guess I already know the answer to that...............

 

I formally declare shenanigans!

shenanigans
[ʃɪˈnanɪɡ(ə)nz]
NOUN
informal
  1. secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring.
    "the chairman was accused of financial shenanigans"
    synonyms:


GodTank2 #2 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11665 battles
  • 1,033
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012
They are still better than normal equipment

24doom24 #3 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 9607 battles
  • 2,120
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
1% between bounty rammer and improved rammer is hardly gonna make a difference. 

Private_Miros #4 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30093 battles
  • 11,986
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
And still more movable around than bounty equipment (right now they are better than bounty equipment for that reason), so it kind of makes sense. Bonds equipment for specific tanks, slightly better. Bounty equipment for whatever tank you plan on playing long enough to warrent 10-30 gold spent, and still great but slightly worse.

Edited by Private_Miros, 08 July 2020 - 10:12 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 46921 battles
  • 7,584
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Post24doom24, on 08 July 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

1% between bounty rammer and improved rammer is hardly gonna make a difference. 

 

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 08 July 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

And still more movable around than bounty equipment (right now they are better than bounty equipment for that reason), so it kind of makes sense. Bonds equipment for specific tanks, slightly better. Bounty equipment for whatever tank you plan on playing long enough to warrent 10-30 gold spent, and still great but slightly worse.

Not the point.

We were sold one thing and are now being given something else.

 



GodTank2 #6 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11665 battles
  • 1,033
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 08 July 2020 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

Not the point.

We were sold one thing and are now being given something else.

 

 

It still remains the same thing, none of it stats changes.



ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,279
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Can't say I am surprised at all.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:19 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37592 battles
  • 6,556
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 08 July 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

Not the point.

We were sold one thing and are now being given something else.

 

 

You were sold equipment with n stats and it retains its n stats so you've lost nothing.

 

Just because WG decide to buff one tank doesn't suddenly mean that all other tanks that were similar were nerfed.



Private_Miros #9 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30093 battles
  • 11,986
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 08 July 2020 - 09:14 PM, said:

 

Not the point.

We were sold one thing and are now being given something else.

 

 

And this is why WG is slow to balance any tank or mechanic. Any change will cause tears.

 

Bonds equipment is pretty useless for the moment because you have bounty equipment. They intend that change to make bonds equipment have a purpose again. At the same time, your bounty equipment is unchanged and still equally good.



Dexatroph #10 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50034 battles
  • 4,183
  • Member since:
    02-09-2013

View PostGodTank2, on 08 July 2020 - 10:15 PM, said:

 

It still remains the same thing, none of it stats changes.

 

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 July 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

 

You were sold equipment with n stats and it retains its n stats so you've lost nothing.

 

 

Since it was introduced as it has the same stats as bond equipment it should stay this way. It's obvious that people spend money and time to get their hands on those. And that was th reason why WG introduced them this way. So changing the conditions is discussable for sure.

 

So far I remember that WG said that I are aware of this and currently there is no decision what to do with it. So lets wait what will happen as soon as equipment 2.0 becomes rolled out.I guess we will see at least 1-2 more iterations on the sandbox.



ZlatanArKung #11 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:36 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 1537 battles
  • 6,279
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 July 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

 

You were sold equipment with n stats and it retains its n stats so you've lost nothing.

 

Just because WG decide to buff one tank doesn't suddenly mean that all other tanks that were similar were nerfed.

If all tanks except premium tanks got a 0 added to the end of their stats. Alot of players would want their money back from their premium tanks, yet, no change where made to any of them.



Gremlin182 #12 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65369 battles
  • 10,723
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Its a test so not very concerned at the moment.

I have 298 tanks in my garage all with standard equipment.

I will never be able to put Improved equipment on that many tanks.

My plan for the bounty equipment is to try it out on a few likely tanks and if it proves worthwhile replace it with improved equipment.

I intend to do all that on the test servers so I don't have to spend my gold.

So if Improved equipment becomes a little better or Bounty Equipment a little worse I am not that bothered.



Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19933 battles
  • 28,030
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 08 July 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Bonds equipment is pretty useless for the moment because you have bounty equipment. They intend that change to make bonds equipment have a purpose again. At the same time, your bounty equipment is unchanged and still equally good.

 

Just to add to this: I have Improved VStabs and two Improved Rammers. However, I also have Bounty VStabs, Vents, Rammer and Optics. I basically move around that bounty stuff to whatever tank I'm playing at the time with basically no penalty, while those improved stuff are sitting on tanks and remaining there since 200 Bonds per move is actually costly compared to 10g. 

 

Making the improved equipment slightly better is definitely fine in my eyes. It gives it atleast something over the bounty stuff that I put on everything, slightly improving the tanks that I've equipped them on while the bounty equipment is still better than standard.



GodTank2 #14 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11665 battles
  • 1,033
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostZlatanArKung, on 08 July 2020 - 11:36 PM, said:

If all tanks except premium tanks got a 0 added to the end of their stats. Alot of players would want their money back from their premium tanks, yet, no change where made to any of them.

 

Isnt that what happend when bounty equipment was introduced? it made the bond ones way worse.



LCpl_Jones #15 Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14874 battles
  • 1,509
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

View PostZlatanArKung, on 08 July 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:

If all tanks except premium tanks got a 0 added to the end of their stats. Alot of players would want their money back from their premium tanks, yet, no change where made to any of them.

 

don't worry, the apologists would still be here defending their beloved war gaming :D



snowlywhite #16 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32884 battles
  • 874
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 08 July 2020 - 10:42 PM, said:

 

Just to add to this: I have Improved VStabs and two Improved Rammers. However, I also have Bounty VStabs, Vents, Rammer and Optics. I basically move around that bounty stuff to whatever tank I'm playing at the time with basically no penalty, while those improved stuff are sitting on tanks and remaining there since 200 Bonds per move is actually costly compared to 10g. 

 

Making the improved equipment slightly better is definitely fine in my eyes. It gives it atleast something over the bounty stuff that I put on everything, slightly improving the tanks that I've equipped them on while the bounty equipment is still better than standard.

 

that's somewhat debatable; it's 10g + 6500/<# of times you move the equipment>.

 

I mean, let's get real: most of those who payed 6.5k for improved battle pass, did it because of the bounty eq. Doubt anyone is high enough to consider 3m credits(or whatever was the amount) be worth even 5% of the official wg pricing. Or a couple of training manuals, a skin and some boosters.

 

people payed 20-30 euros(depending on the source of the gold) on that bounty equipment. Changing it after only a few months seems bad taste. To say the least.

 

disclaimer: I didn't buy the improved battle pass. But the only reason I was considering was the bounty rammer. Not those lame "extras" in the package.



Kdingo #17 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:36 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postsnowlywhite, on 09 July 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

 

disclaimer: I didn't buy the improved battle pass. But the only reason I was considering was the bounty rammer. Not those lame "extras" in the package.

 

They should just add a monthly mission, like "get 150000 xp" and when done you can choose 1 bounty equipment if your choice.

At least add some way to get stuff without having to jump through hoops or pay extra.

 

Heck would be fine even if the mission would be just once every two month.



Pansenmann #18 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38514 battles
  • 14,880
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I took the 30 minutes (?) time to fill out the survey regarding new equipment
and I hope my voice is heard.

 

got not much more to say.



Desyatnik_Pansy #19 Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:50 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19933 battles
  • 28,030
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostKdingo, on 09 July 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

They should just add a monthly mission, like "get 150000 xp" and when done you can choose 1 bounty equipment if your choice.

At least add some way to get stuff without having to jump through hoops or pay extra.

 

Heck would be fine even if the mission would be just once every two month.

 

I'd be entirely open to this, though I do know some people who would then complain at the people who just paid for the pass anyway. :teethhappy:



Kdingo #20 Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:03 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 July 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

 

I'd be entirely open to this, though I do know some people who would then complain at the people who just paid for the pass anyway. :teethhappy:

 

Some people complain anyways. Its totally fine if paying makes it easier to obtain them, even so i think it should be changed so you can choose the equipment not get one chosen for you. Id say a slow grindy way to get one of choice for free wouldn't really hurt anyone.

But hey its more of a "luxury" complain then anything else, game is playable without any of those.

With tank rewards and all the multiple daily missions wg is already generously handing out stuff for free.


Edited by Kdingo, 09 July 2020 - 01:06 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users