Jump to content


Running food.


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dikkeh0nd #1 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24733 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

Why does food improve the accuracy of guns?

I can understand my crew will reload faster but thats about it.

Its clearly pay to have a better tank/crew.

Any thoughts about this?



Sylvansight #2 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36966 battles
  • 597
  • Member since:
    01-01-2013
anyone know when next food sale is? supplies running low... 

PowJay #3 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43555 battles
  • 6,078
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012
Accuracy is inherent to the characteristics of the gun. NOTHING can change that. I stand to be corrected, but I believe that is true.

Dikkeh0nd #4 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24733 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostPowJay, on 09 July 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

Accuracy is inherent to the characteristics of the gun. NOTHING can change that. I stand to be corrected, but I believe that is true.

 

 

Try running food. It improve's modules. Not only the crew



Kdingo #5 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 09 July 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Why does food improve the accuracy of guns?

I can understand my crew will reload faster but thats about it.

Its clearly pay to have a better tank/crew.

Any thoughts about this?

 

Don't think of it as "food", more like steroids/enhancing drugs. 

Or cocaine/heroine spiked cookies.

crew will end up high and more focused.



Dikkeh0nd #6 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:58 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24733 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostKdingo, on 09 July 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

Don't think of it as "food", more like steroids/enhancing drugs. 

Or cocaine/heroine spiked cookies.

crew will end up high and more focused.

 

Yea its Wg.. But that still wont explain why a module gets better stats?

And on a different note.. Are you living on this forum? :D



Scabolcz #7 Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20065 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014
Try runnning a tank with a 75% crew and check the accuracy... It is only logical that a 110% crew tank would have better accuracy... Same goes for BiA and Vents.

Kdingo #8 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:01 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 09 July 2020 - 08:58 PM, said:

 

Yea its Wg.. But that still wont explain why a module gets better stats?

And on a different note.. Are you living on this forum? :D

 

The crew gets a percentage boost and makes better use of the module.

 

And no, but what you gonna do on a lazy shift other then play with your phone and watch movies. 



Dikkeh0nd #9 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24733 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostScabolcz, on 09 July 2020 - 08:58 PM, said:

Try runnning a tank with a 75% crew and check the accuracy... It is only logical that a 110% crew tank would have better accuracy... Same goes for BiA and Vents.

 

Yea these things should improve crew stats. Not module stats.

Im saying this because not every1 can run food on their tank and make it work creditwise.

 



PowJay #10 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:07 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43555 battles
  • 6,078
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostScabolcz, on 09 July 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

Try runnning a tank with a 75% crew and check the accuracy... It is only logical that a 110% crew tank would have better accuracy... Same goes for BiA and Vents.

I think you must be right. I mean that putting coffee in my windscreen washer and Coca Cola in my fuel tank certainly improves my car's performance. :sceptic:



Balc0ra #11 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 78120 battles
  • 23,868
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 09 July 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

 

 

Try running food. It improve's modules. Not only the crew

 

Actually, it's the crew that improves. As in the gunner goes past 100%, be it with vents, BIA or food. Thus the gun stats improve with it. As the base stats is with a 100% crew with no buffs or skills. 



Dikkeh0nd #12 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24733 battles
  • 285
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 09 July 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

 

Actually, it's the crew that improves. As in the gunner goes past 100%, be it with vents, BIA or food. Thus the gun stats improve with it. As the base stats is with a 100% crew with no buffs or skills. 

Yea ur right and i know that. But its wrong in every way.

Its just another way to squeeze the playerbase out of credits and into prem tanks.

 



azakow #13 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 87771 battles
  • 5,380
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostSylvansight, on 09 July 2020 - 08:53 PM, said:

anyone know when next food sale is? supplies running low... 

end of july 25th-28th


Edited by azakow, 10 July 2020 - 06:00 AM.


Kdingo #14 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:23 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDikkeh0nd, on 09 July 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yea ur right and i know that. But its wrong in every way.

Its just another way to squeeze the playerbase out of credits and into prem tanks.

 

 

I don't run food, or any prem consumable except prem fire extinguisher (as they are cheaper in the long run).

There is no food is mandatory to play meta forcing you to use it.

Those running food usually appreciate having shots delivered into their engine/fuel tank from a gunner with deadeye perk.



Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:32 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19933 battles
  • 28,023
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostKdingo, on 09 July 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

I don't run food, or any prem consumable except prem fire extinguisher (as they are cheaper in the long run).

There is no food is mandatory to play meta forcing you to use it.

Those running food usually appreciate having shots delivered into their engine/fuel tank from a gunner with deadeye perk.

 

I've ran large kits for awhile now, it's honestly weird to go back to using a small kit in a tank. It feels much more satisfying to just be able to heal all 3 Crew who got injured in that one arty hit, or engine + tracks and whatnot in a few vehicles.

 

Regarding food, I've been turning much more into using it lately, especially in higher tier vics. It is painful of course when you get set on fire, though I atleast haven't really lost a game because of it yet (my greatest fear when running food). It helps to put on Preventative Maintenance as well and in general just avoid getting shot, which works I think quite well considering what tanks I tend to play (y'know, the paper stuff that prefers to not get shot in the first place).



StronkiTonki #16 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 36447 battles
  • 1,692
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

Crews have always improved tank stats.

Commanders make a tank's view range better (Which is a turret stat)

Gunners improve gun stats like accuracy aim time, and also turret traverse.

Drivers improve a tank's movement speeds, tank traverse

Loaders improve reload times on guns

Radio ops are useless (unless they have Situational Awareness :hiding:)

 

Honestly improving accuracy with food is no different than any other stats that crew members improve.

Anyway, I only recently started running food, would only recommend it if have the spare credits and want to try to be as competetive as possible. It does make your tanks feel ever so better across the board, be it with reload times, being slightly more mobile, being more accurate and having more view range. All these things are very helpful.

 

The only thing that sucks is that you're absolutely screwed if you get set on fire.


Edited by StronkiTonki, 09 July 2020 - 09:33 PM.


Kdingo #17 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:39 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 July 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

 

I've ran large kits for awhile now, it's honestly weird to go back to using a small kit in a tank. It feels much more satisfying to just be able to heal all 3 Crew who got injured in that one arty hit, or engine + tracks and whatnot in a few vehicles.

 

Regarding food, I've been turning much more into using it lately, especially in higher tier vics. It is painful of course when you get set on fire, though I atleast haven't really lost a game because of it yet (my greatest fear when running food). It helps to put on Preventative Maintenance as well and in general just avoid getting shot, which works I think quite well considering what tanks I tend to play (y'know, the paper stuff that prefers to not get shot in the first place).

 

Indeed food can be beneficial but comes with a bbq risk. Preventive maintenance is nice for the engine but won't help on fuel tanks. 

 

But i am just a cheap f*ck when it comes to wot, so i am naturally a sucker to keep expenses low.



Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:43 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19933 battles
  • 28,023
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostKdingo, on 09 July 2020 - 09:39 PM, said:

Indeed food can be beneficial but comes with a bbq risk. Preventive maintenance is nice for the engine but won't help on fuel tanks. 

 

But i am just a cheap f*ck when it comes to wot, so i am naturally a sucker to keep expenses low.

 

Meanwhile I tend to just farm and farm money like a crazy hoarder. Don't even ask me about my Free XP. :hiding:



Kdingo #19 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 09 July 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Don't even ask me about my Free XP. :hiding:

 

Now i have to and be it just to make others jealous.

So how much free xp have you stockpiled?



Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:55 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 19933 battles
  • 28,023
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostKdingo, on 09 July 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Now i have to and be it just to make others jealous.

So how much free xp have you stockpiled?

 

:hiding:

 

Spoiler

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users