People boosting other people accounts

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sneaky_Snakey #1 Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 47839 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA
Dear WG, why don't you deal with people buying chieftains? It is enough to put 80 battles treshold in the same clan in order to get a tank. Are you blind or just don't care?

Edited by Sneaky_Snakey, 10 July 2020 - 01:22 AM.

xtrem3x #2 Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38070 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

Noticed a few clans doing it this time around.

It's kind of obvious when you go up against 1400+ elo clans full of 9,000 - 11,000 personal rating players, then find a lone Obj.277 sat behind the building at base on Malinovka and see after the game that they're a 4000 personal rating player who joined the clan a day or two before the campaign started.

Unfortunately it's happened since the 1st campaign so it's unlikely WG will do anything about it now :sceptic:

MaxandChloe4ever #3 Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:01 AM

General of the Army

• 255 battles
The main reason that WG does not do much about it, is they can't do much about it. Sure, a lonely 277 in the team of a very strong clan is very obvious that something's up to a competitive CW player. However, there is not really any hard-proof that they are indeed doing what you are saying they are doing. So WG cannot just ban everyone, not because there is proof of them paying the clan to get into games or whatnot, but by using a 277 in a high-level CW battle. It gives people the chance to heavily challenge the decision of WG banning them.

catlikehana #4 Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21408 battles

It could be what you are saying but it could also just be a friend of the clan.. you never know. As said above there is no evidence to support this.

I've had 10-11k rated friends who invite 3-5k players to competitive games solely because they are friends, for the lols and it also fills a slot if you are down someone (1 tank is better than 1 less)

Then again I wouldn't put it past some of the "top" clans.. especially since the Rampage event for the T22 proved to be so successful :trollface:

Absolutely no one rigged that.. ;)

Edited by moenie, 13 July 2020 - 12:59 PM.

Luur_ #5 Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11206 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

Every campaign a lot of these people get banned anyway, it's not really hard to dig them out. 

When a player raises suspicion by just not fitting the profile of the clan they're playing with and or the join/exit dates of the player would mount to a bunch of reports.

When such an account gets enough reports they get flagged as a potential boosted account and will be investigated.

Then when they see your account has been accessed from 3-4 different country IP addresses, that put together with the reasonable doubt they already had of a 4k PR player with no CW tanks being in a top clan that he joined right before the campaign and left right after would be enough for a suspension or even a ban.

And if you were really careless, in-game chat logs would pretty much seal the deal for them. 

Anyway, time will tell I guess!

Edited by Luur_, 13 July 2020 - 12:48 PM.

Dinger_Killer #6 Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 697 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostLuur_, on 13 July 2020 - 12:48 PM, said:

Every campaign a lot of these people get banned anyway, it's not really hard to dig them out. 

When a player raises suspicion by just not fitting the profile of the clan they're playing with and or the join/exit dates of the player would mount to a bunch of reports.

When such an account gets enough reports they get flagged as a potential boosted account and will be investigated.

Then when they see your account has been accessed from 3-4 different country IP addresses, that put together with the reasonable doubt they already had of a 4k PR player with no CW tanks being in a top clan that he joined right before the campaign and left right after would be enough for a suspension or even a ban.

And if you were really careless, in-game chat logs would pretty much seal the deal for them. 

Anyway, time will tell I guess!

How about this:

When playing on Elite front, there is tank lock.  Top clans use accounts that are not playing campaign that have the meta tanks.  In some cases, said players whose accounts are being used get into a tank slot even though they are not participating themselves.  Is this kosher?

Luur_ #7 Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11206 battles
  • [NERVA] NERVA

View PostALLAHBADALLAH, on 13 July 2020 - 01:05 PM, said:

How about this:

When playing on Elite front, there is tank lock.  Top clans use accounts that are not playing campaign that have the meta tanks.  In some cases, said players whose accounts are being used get into a tank slot even though they are not participating themselves.  Is this kosher?

That's also forbidden and falls under "Account Sharing" in CW's to gain an unfair advantage. Account sharing in general is not forbidden, but it is discouraged for security reasons. But when you do it to bypass things like tank lock it's a bannable offense. Whenever an account is accessed by several different IP addresses over a short period amount of time (especially during campaigns) they immediately get flagged by the system. So when they look at the IP addresses and notice that some people from your clan have the exact same IP address as the IP that accessed the inactive account, it's pretty much over. And I doubt that people would actually bother to use a VPN each time.

Dinger_Killer #8 Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 697 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostLuur_, on 13 July 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

That's also forbidden and falls under "Account Sharing" in CW's to gain an unfair advantage. Account sharing in general is not forbidden, but it is discouraged for security reasons. But when you do it to bypass things like tank lock it's a bannable offense. Whenever an account is accessed by several different IP addresses over a short period amount of time (especially during campaigns) they immediately get flagged by the system. So when they look at the IP addresses and notice that some people from your clan have the exact same IP address as the IP that accessed the inactive account, it's pretty much over. And I doubt that people would actually bother to use a VPN each time.

Every campaign, people talk about this topic, usually, it is started by players that are a few spots out of a tank.

It is a simple thing really.  Get into a clan that will be active enough to win a tank in.  If your clan is not in that position, use diplomacy to create a clan made of players from several clans that want to play and their clan is not active enough.

Playing 100 battles in this or most any other campaign will likely earn a tank.  

EDIT:

All of the top clans do what I said, so there is no advantage, since all of them are doing it, and all of them have over 90 players with tier 10's.

I doubt more then 20 clans played on the Elite Front anyways, and I would feel safe wagering a hefty amount that all of said clans fall within the 90+ player category (for max landings).

Edited by ALLAHBADALLAH, 13 July 2020 - 01:56 PM.

DuckPhobia #9 Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14170 battles
  • [JEEZ] JEEZ
I love how every 6 months people get a hard on for calling out people who have "bought" reward tanks. Like no player here can prove [edited]so why is everyone even bothering with threads like this. 

Live and let live, if they get banned so be it. If they dont.....who cares, its 1 tank in a game where there are hundreds of tonks. If you don't wanna come up against bots playing this game, I would suggest something with skill based match making. Six Siege or CS maybe. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users