Jump to content


Pay to Stay


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

AmphetamineLogic #1 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 4013 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

Just wondering, with folks getting worked up about "gold" ammo, what's the consensus of using large repair kits and large first aid kits? They are not insignificant in credits and at my ability level it's easy to end up using both at a "cost" of 40,000 credits a battle, which in my tier 6 is 12 rounds of APCR..

 

I've just had a battle where I could easily have got out of a situation using a repair kit but didn't and just sat there taking hits. I'm sure my team mates cursed me for exiting early, but what's the general feeling? On the surface pay to survive is little different from pay to win and unless you are being excessive, around the same cost.

 

Thoughts?



no_skill_bob #2 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

if you can pen most of your "gold" rounds, you are not really losing a lot of credits with premium account - with high alpha guns. 

i dont use large repair/first aid kits at all, not even on tier 10s, i rather run food and small kits. large kits had way more use, when kits were not reusable, nowadays it doesn't seem worth for me.



wsatnutter #3 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27651 battles
  • 10,480
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
^^

FizzleMcSnizzle #4 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29040 battles
  • 905
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
The game is pay 2 w in so many insidious ways. If a player of the exact same ability as you can afford to run all the best consumables, when you can't (because he has a premium account / is willing to buy credits when he runs out etc), then he will do better than you.
Sure it's a different story in the upper echelons, where players are good enough to make money however they set up their tank, but for the average player the credit drain of trying to play competitively is ruinous (at higher tiers)

Geno1isme #5 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50033 battles
  • 11,396
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
There isn't much benefit in using large repair- or medkits. Personally I only use them on T10s, and that's only because I have a massive stockpile from missions over the last few years. On the other hand automatic fire extinguisher is definitely worth it over the manual version (when you're not using food) as it can save you quite some HP and isn't triggered every battle.

no_skill_bob #6 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 10 July 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

The game is pay 2 w in so many insidious ways. If a player of the exact same ability as you can afford to run all the best consumables, when you can't (because he has a premium account / is willing to buy credits when he runs out etc), then he will do better than you.
Sure it's a different story in the upper echelons, where players are good enough to make money however they set up their tank, but for the average player the credit drain of trying to play competitively is ruinous (at higher tiers)

anything above tier 8 are not supposed to earn you credits.



wsatnutter #7 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:39 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27651 battles
  • 10,480
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Postno_skill_bob, on 10 July 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

anything above tier 8 are not supposed to earn you credits.

agree with this



Private_Miros #8 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30063 battles
  • 11,951
  • [EMU87] EMU87
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

I use premium kits received from missions and prizes and I buy food on consumable sales (I have 20 mil credits saved on top of my normal 20 mil credit pot just for that purpose).

 

On most tanks I simply run standard kits and automatic FE though.



Venom7000 #9 Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:47 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9136 battles
  • 902
  • Member since:
    03-10-2018

I personally play Tier10 and all other higher tiers as much as I want. I run large med and repair. Food is too expensive for me.

 

But at the end of the day. If I acummulate a negative credit balance. I iron it out to a zero/break even with few good matches in my Defender.

Thats what the tier 8 premiums are for

 

I hate the feeling that I owe WG money for playing their game :D


Edited by Venom7000, 10 July 2020 - 11:48 AM.


mpf1959 #10 Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:10 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 38507 battles
  • 3,294
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
I never use large kits and never will, I ain't getting into a 20 grand a game habit, if I win any I sell them, which is nice! 

totallynotqsr #11 Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37309 battles
  • 435
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    08-18-2014

The logic of some people is truly shocking.


Edited by totallynotqsr, 10 July 2020 - 12:19 PM.


Spammable_Lecter #12 Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 48496 battles
  • 689
  • [_DOG] _DOG
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

The only things i run Large kits on are stuff that tends to get HE Rekt where usually more than 1 module or crew member will get disabled , and certainly nothing under teir 8.

I have a mountain of both i got for free in garage , no way i'd pay 20k for everything as i usually always run with food 


Edited by Spammable_Lecter, 10 July 2020 - 12:23 PM.


Homer_J #13 Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33999 battles
  • 38,734
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Just wondering, with folks getting worked up about "gold" ammo, what's the consensus of using large repair kits and large first aid kits? They are not insignificant in credits and at my ability level it's easy to end up using both at a "cost" of 40,000 credits a battle, which in my tier 6 is 12 rounds of APCR..

 

I've just had a battle where I could easily have got out of a situation using a repair kit but didn't and just sat there taking hits. I'm sure my team mates cursed me for exiting early, but what's the general feeling? On the surface pay to survive is little different from pay to win and unless you are being excessive, around the same cost.

 

Thoughts?

 

Why do you feel the need to use large repair and medkits?  The passive bonus isn't really worth it and most of the time you will be using them on one module or crew member so a small one would have done the job just as well.

 

And if you bulk buy when they are on discount then they hardly cost anything.  You can safely use all your spare credits on kits when they are half price and if you need the credits then sell them when they are full price.



Kdingo #14 Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:47 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33415 battles
  • 9,086
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Just wondering, with folks getting worked up about "gold" ammo, what's the consensus of using large repair kits and large first aid kits? They are not insignificant in credits and at my ability level it's easy to end up using both at a "cost" of 40,000 credits a battle, which in my tier 6 is 12 rounds of APCR..

 

I've just had a battle where I could easily have got out of a situation using a repair kit but didn't and just sat there taking hits. I'm sure my team mates cursed me for exiting early, but what's the general feeling? On the surface pay to survive is little different from pay to win and unless you are being excessive, around the same cost.

 

Thoughts?

 

The only premium consumables worth it are food, if you are into that, or large fire extinguishers, which are duo to the passiv bonus cheaper in the long run as you burn less often.

Buy those when on discount in large quantities and its a good deal. managing your economy is part of the game.



Homer_J #15 Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33999 battles
  • 38,734
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKdingo, on 10 July 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

The only premium consumables worth it are food, if you are into that, or large fire extinguishers, which are duo to the passiv bonus cheaper in the long run as you burn less often.

Buy those when on discount in large quantities and its a good deal. managing your economy is part of the game.

 

I can't remember the last time I needed to buy auto fire extinguishers and my stock is increasing with all the free ones.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37493 battles
  • 6,530
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

I've just had a battle where I could easily have got out of a situation using a repair kit but didn't and just sat there taking hits. 

 

If you had paid the cost to have got yourself out of trouble you could have then gone on to make up the credits you lost and even made a profit on top so sitting there and just waiting to die and throwing the game for the rest of your team was pretty lame.

 

You should use whatever consumables you can afford to use, it's down to you to manage your own credit economy. Buy them in bulk when they're on discount and it's not much of a problem to run with premium ones and benefit from the passive bonuses and still make credits, especially at mid tiers where credit income is decent. 



Shaka_D #17 Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 38667 battles
  • 3,798
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View Postno_skill_bob, on 10 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

anything above tier 8 are not supposed to earn you credits.


Which is a rather stupid policy by wargaming in terms of people enjoying the game and playing their favourite tanks. Premium account holders should at the very least be granted access to a far better economic model than the paltry one on offer now.



BR33K1_PAWAH #18 Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8462 battles
  • 2,132
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018
Selling all those big consumables you get from campaign missions is a great way of getting credits on a f2p account.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 37493 battles
  • 6,530
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostShaka_D, on 10 July 2020 - 03:32 PM, said:


Which is a rather stupid policy by wargaming in terms of people enjoying the game and playing their favourite tanks. Premium account holders should at the very least be granted access to a far better economic model than the paltry one on offer now.

 

You already get +50% credits over the F2P'ers. If you can't make that work you need to pry your hand off the 2 key once in a while.



DraconariusAT #20 Posted 10 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21533 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    05-22-2014

View PostAmphetamineLogic, on 10 July 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

Just wondering, with folks getting worked up about "gold" ammo, what's the consensus of using large repair kits and large first aid kits? They are not insignificant in credits and at my ability level it's easy to end up using both at a "cost" of 40,000 credits a battle, which in my tier 6 is 12 rounds of APCR.

 

Like the others I don't use large kits. I sell them for 10.000 credits and buy food instead when there is a discount. 

The only repair you instantly need are the tracks. Other damaged modules can be repaired 90 seconds later in most cases without hindering your fighting ability too much. As 'no_skill_bob' wrote the large kits date back from older versions of the game, when these consumables could be used only once in a battle. Nowadays they are not worth the credits for non-premium-players imho. 


Edited by DraconariusAT, 10 July 2020 - 05:53 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users