Jump to content


Progetto M35 mod. 46 and Panhard EBR 75 (FL 10) nerf


  • Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

tokarevs #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:05 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22232 battles
  • 84
  • [LVTD] LVTD
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

What are your thoughts on these 2 premium tanks being nerfed? 

New update 1.10 will bring nerfs to these tanks if it goes live.

News are taken from wotexpress - from progetto 46 will be taken medium caliber gun rammer, which leads to lower characteristics to gun. Also, the wheeled vehicle new nerfed mechanics will be applied to EBR 75, which means it will also be easy target to enemies when wheels are damaged. 

What do you think? Is this okay? I personally think this is scam from WG, because I paid for those tanks as they are now, and WG politics have always been that they dont nerf any premium tank. (Sorry for my english, I hope you understand)



Alpharius #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11455 battles
  • 2,191
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011
Reducing powercreep is always good. Premium tanks being save from nerfs was always one of the weakest points in Wargamings balancing behaviour.

krismorgan #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38940 battles
  • 749
  • [UKT] UKT
  • Member since:
    10-18-2013
Link before i rant?

wsatnutter #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27669 battles
  • 10,520
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Posttokarevs, on 11 July 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

What are your thoughts on these 2 premium tanks being nerfed?

New update 1.10 will bring nerfs to these tanks if it goes live.

News are taken from wotexpress - from progetto 46 will be taken medium caliber gun rammer, which leads to lower characteristics to gun. Also, the wheeled vehicle new nerfed mechanics will be applied to EBR 75, which means it will also be easy target to enemies when wheels are damaged.

What do you think? Is this okay? I personally think this is scam from WG, because I paid for those tanks as they are now, and WG politics have always been that they dont nerf any premium tank. (Sorry for my english, I hope you understand)

you paid for OP tanks that you thought would give you an unfair advantage and it did , now that edge is being removed , its not a scam its WG doing what they do best



24doom24 #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 9607 battles
  • 2,123
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
premium tanks being nerfed? Oh boy... :popcorn:

Kdingo #6 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
I like the idea of those nerfs, the tier 8 spaghetti is op as it is and ebrs need to be worked on, specially the tier x and tier 8 prem.

Dava_117 #7 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:42 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Moderator
  • 24764 battles
  • 7,032
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Posttokarevs, on 11 July 2020 - 08:05 AM, said:

What are your thoughts on these 2 premium tanks being nerfed? 

New update 1.10 will bring nerfs to these tanks if it goes live.

News are taken from wotexpress - from progetto 46 will be taken medium caliber gun rammer, which leads to lower characteristics to gun. Also, the wheeled vehicle new nerfed mechanics will be applied to EBR 75, which means it will also be easy target to enemies when wheels are damaged. 

What do you think? Is this okay? I personally think this is scam from WG, because I paid for those tanks as they are now, and WG politics have always been that they dont nerf any premium tank. (Sorry for my english, I hope you understand)

 

The one on EBR is not a nerf. The tank characteristics still the same. It's a general mechanics review, that affect every WV in game, because they use all the same mechanics.

 

Removing rammer from Progetto46 can probably be considered a nerf. To be fair, it was a surprise for everyone as WG never said anything about nerfs to Italian tier 8 MTs (P44 included). I just hope they roll back the nerfs after CT, cause nerfing Italian med was just silly.

Edit

Thinking about that, I may understand why they removed the rammer on all AR tanks. If it's a general mechanics reworks, it then don't count as a nerf either.

Still unfair that IS-3A can keep the rammer while P44 can't.

 


Edited by Dava_117, 11 July 2020 - 08:44 AM.


pihip #8 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17590 battles
  • 1,658
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
Huh, where did you read these are getting nerfed?

From PTS patch notes on TAP, the tanks getting nerfed are Progetto 65, Standard B, Object 430 and Object 430U.

NekoPuffer_PPP #9 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:45 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37367 battles
  • 5,616
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

The mentality of "you can't nerf something I bought!" is flawed because you don't actually own what you bought. You only bought the right to use it. It is up to WG to decide how that asset works.

 

The Progetto M35 was/is one of the strongest tier 8 premiums in capable hands. The nerf should put it more in line with other mediums at that tier.

 

The EBRs were always OP-ish because they were so hard to slow down. You knew what you were buying, and would have to be stupid to not have expected some sort of nerf later down the line.

 


View Postpihip, on 11 July 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

Huh, where did you read these are getting nerfed?

View Postkrismorgan, on 11 July 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

Link before i rant?

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/1-10-CT1/



pihip #10 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:50 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17590 battles
  • 1,658
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 11 July 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:


Thanks. Either I'm blind or the TAP article does not mention the gun rammer removal. 

Oh well, I have both Progetto 46 and EBR 75 and I think these changes make sense, we'll just adapt to them as we do with everything else.



rageF #11 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:11 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 444 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-03-2012

Video from the test server.

https://streamable.com/dxul54

 



r2pp2r #12 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:13 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 44194 battles
  • 144
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    11-02-2013

View Postpihip, on 11 July 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:


Thanks. Either I'm blind or the TAP article does not mention the gun rammer removal. 

Oh well, I have both Progetto 46 and EBR 75 and I think these changes make sense, we'll just adapt to them as we do with everything else.

 

Bad copy pasta on TAP.

Italy

Now Gun Rammers cannot be mounted on Tier VIII–Х medium tanks.



evilchaosmonkey #13 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19086 battles
  • 2,352
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

 

As the tank was advertised with the "unique feature" of being able to mount a gun rammer - I'd argue this was a key characteristic in many people's purchase.

See the video, primed to start at the key point.

If this is removed, then my understanding of consumer law in the UK is that you now have a case for a refund.

 

Not a lawyer, but after research last time this kind of thing blew up on the forum, I 'believe' this is the case. 

Perhaps if a consumer law "real" lawyer exists on here, they'd like to confirm or not?

 

 


Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 11 July 2020 - 09:19 AM.


_Signal_ #14 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49814 battles
  • 6,979
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View Postwsatnutter, on 11 July 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

you paid for OP tanks that you thought would give you an unfair advantage and it did , now that edge is being removed , its not a scam its WG doing what they do best

Quite happy to take the nerfs as long as they offer me a refund in cash for the product I bought as per UK consumer law.

 

https://www.hants.go...alcontentsupply

 

Especially this bit. 

 

Quality, fitness and description of digital content when it has been modified.

There are times when the trader may modify the original digital content - by providing updates, for example. This is fine as long as it is part of the contract and that, after the modifications have been completed, the digital content is still of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose and as described. This requirement does not prevent a trader from improving features or adding new ones to digital content, but it should continue to match its description and have the same characteristics, functionality and compatibility you were told about before the contract was made.

 

 


Edited by _Signal_, 11 July 2020 - 09:31 AM.


baratoz1701 #15 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28300 battles
  • 484
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

The rammer removed on the t8s isnt mentioned in article until u go to the patch notes hidden at the bottom where it states tier 8-10, not 9-10. 

 


Edited by baratoz1701, 11 July 2020 - 09:52 AM.


Kdingo #16 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 11 July 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

If this is removed, then my understanding of consumer law in the UK is that you now have a case for a refund.

 

 

This always makes people from uk look like they buy broken/op stuff on purpose, as its other peoples problem. but play the consumer law card when their broken/op toy, they bought for that reason, gets nerfed.

 

I guess some people just despise the idea of a balanced, even playing field.

 

Just imagine they would have sold 279 for money, we would have topics like "uk consumer law says its fine".



_Signal_ #17 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:33 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49814 battles
  • 6,979
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostKdingo, on 11 July 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

This always makes people from uk look like they buy broken/op stuff on purpose, as its other peoples problem. but play the consumer law card when their broken/op toy, they bought for that reason, gets nerfed.

 

I guess some people just despise the idea of a balanced, even playing field.

 

Just imagine they would have sold 279 for money, we would have topics like "uk consumer law says its fine".

No it's nothing of the sort, I didn;t know the progetto was any good before I bought it, I bought it because it was a new lines medium tank when I played it luckily it was good. If they would have sold the 279 of cash it would have been fine under law but if they then changed it then no it's no longer fine. The advantages of living in a country where at least some of the laws are designed to protect people. No different to someone selling you a BMW 430 and then 6 months later asking you to bring it in and giving you a BMW 425 instead. You buy what you buy at the time, it's up to the seller to supply a balanced tank it's not up to the purchaser in any regard.


Edited by _Signal_, 11 July 2020 - 09:35 AM.


Frostilicus #18 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:37 AM

    Colonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 24598 battles
  • 3,849
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 11 July 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

 

As the tank was advertised with the "unique feature" of being able to mount a gun rammer - I'd argue this was a key characteristic in many people's purchase.

See the video, primed to start at the key point.

If this is removed, then my understanding of consumer law in the UK is that you now have a case for a refund.

 

Not a lawyer, but after research last time this kind of thing blew up on the forum, I 'believe' this is the case. 

Perhaps if a consumer law "real" lawyer exists on here, they'd like to confirm or not?

 

 

 

Exactly - if it was advertised for sale with the "unique feature" of being able to mount a gun rammer, and now that is being removed, I'd expect to see the option of a refund, similar to the Super Pershing case a few years ago



evilchaosmonkey #19 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:39 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19086 battles
  • 2,352
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostKdingo, on 11 July 2020 - 08:30 AM, said:

 

This always makes people from uk look like they buy broken/op stuff on purpose, as its other peoples problem. but play the consumer law card when their broken/op toy, they bought for that reason, gets nerfed.

 

I guess some people just despise the idea of a balanced, even playing field.

 

Just imagine they would have sold 279 for money, we would have topics like "uk consumer law says its fine".

 

I don't think so.  What people here don't like is companies treading on them and treating them as fools.  Always get's their backs up as it were.

I for one won't be asking for a refund - just not worth the hassle.

 

There's a lot of crap talked on here about consumer law and digital goods - would be great if we could get to the truth for once.   

Accepting what I posted, may also be crap - but was at least read up on before hand with formal advice given from the consumer web sites.

 



Kdingo #20 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:44 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Post_Signal_, on 11 July 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

. The advantages of living in a country where at least some of the laws are designed to protect people. 

 

Convenient when this "protection" comes at the expense of others.

Don't take it personal, i can't tell why you bought it, i just have no doubt many did solely buy it cause of it being that "strong", which are usually those crying "reeeee don't touch the tank i can perform well in".

If it would have been panther 8.8 level those now complaining wouldn't even have bought it, at least in my opinion.

The weird thing with the law, being right by law still doesn't make something right. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users