Jump to content


Remove ferdinand


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

iraqxlol #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:02 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

This is the first rant thread I've ever made, Imagine a tank so bad, It also curses your life and mental condition.

 

Why did wargaming decide to remove jagpanther 2 from tech tree and keep ferdinand? 

 

Simply because jagpanther is better than ferdinand in everything.

Ferdinand gets the cake for the worst tier 8 tank destroyer.

 

Let me explain how.

 

-This thing cannot snipe

Camoflage ensures that people are able to spot you no matter if you are in a bush or not.

 

-This thing cannot brawl

The armor is penetrable frontally by tanks 2 tiers lower that using standard ammo, And 200mm (Turret?) Penetratable by standard rounds.

 

-The thing cannot act as second line support for heavies.

Because people see you as paper tank, They are more likely to ignore everyone and aim at you.

 

-This thing cannot take good positions.

Slow Large and easily spotted.

 

 

 

Summery of ferdinand.

-Speed worse than T95 and T28 turrets worse much worse than these two.

Armor worse than that of a medium tanks.

Camoflage is same as super heavy tank, I kept getting spotted by anything that goes slightly below the white circle (green circle instant spot) even when behind a bush.

Gun isn't a redeeming feature,  90 Alpha damage increase for all this downsides? 

 

 

 

In the other hand, Jagpanther 2 has 250 effective thickness in the (Turret? gun housing?) enough to bounce gold rounds.

 

Jagpanther 2 also has the same cannon

Jagpanther 2 Has much better speed

Jagpanther 2 Much better camoflage

Jagpanther 2 is also smaller

Jagpanther 2 has much better armor.

 

So why did wargaming choose to remove Jagpanther 2 and keep ferdinand?

 

I really want that jagpanzar E100, But boy BOY THIS BLOODY ABOMINATION NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.

 

Never had a problem with any tier 8 tank but this caused me to even fight with my own family.



Kdingo #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
I like it, as a target.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15315 battles
  • 4,650
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
At least it has two loaders

saxsan4 #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:17 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26919 battles
  • 4,986
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

Ferdinand is the real tank whereas Jp2 is the fake one

 

also Ferdinand fits with the tier 9 and 10 much more than jp 2



Gwynbleidd11 #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19368 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
Jagpanther 2 have no armor, I easily penetrated him even with low tiers

iraqxlol #6 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 July 2020 - 12:17 PM, said:

Ferdinand is the real tank whereas Jp2 is the fake one

 

also Ferdinand fits with the tier 9 and 10 much more than jp 2

How does it fit with tier 9 and 10s? the gun isn't impressive.

 

This tank makes sure that you cannot have any advantage over your foes.



saxsan4 #7 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26919 battles
  • 4,986
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postiraqxlol, on 11 July 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

How does it fit with tier 9 and 10s? the gun isn't impressive.

 

This tank makes sure that you cannot have any advantage over your foes.


tier 9 and 10 slow TDs with decent armour in places but not reliable to bounce shots constantly

 

Jp is a low armour fast sniper, nothing like the tier 9 and 10

 

wg like to have tier 8-10 all having the same play styles 



iraqxlol #8 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostGwynbleidd11, on 11 July 2020 - 12:20 PM, said:

Jagpanther 2 have no armor, I easily penetrated him even with low tiers

Jagpanther's turret is 250 effective, The hull is weak that is correct, but it is still stronger than ferdinand's 120mm cheeks and lower plate.

 



tajj7 #9 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30435 battles
  • 18,381
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postiraqxlol, on 11 July 2020 - 11:20 AM, said:

How does it fit with tier 9 and 10s? the gun isn't impressive.

 

The gun is very good, also it's a casemate tank destroyer with some armour based on a heavy tank platform.

 

I mean it's basically a smaller version the Jagdtiger.

 

And as someone above said, it's a real tank. 

 

So I get why it was chosen over the Jp2, even though the Jp2 is better and I don't really see the need to streamline the tech tree like that, just give people the choice. 



mpf1959 #10 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 38668 battles
  • 3,334
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

Do not remove any tank, after all variety is the spice of life, and one mans trash tank is another's joy, and less is not more!

WG didn't have to mess with the tech-tree in my opinion, but they did, so we have to accept it. Anyway the tanks removed are still available in the collectors tanks store, no?



Somnorila #11 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 58643 battles
  • 2,236
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

I agree that it seems odd to have that line. Goes from Jpanther to Ferdi to Jagdtiger. Would have more sense to have jpanther2.  But then again it wold most than probably need a different top tier.

I remember that they said that branches are being redone in order to make sense, to prepare you by how these tanks play for the last one, basically so you don't need to re learn how to play but to train how to play until the top one. So maybe Ferdi was kept because in a way JPE100 feels a bit like Ferdi, slow and easy to penetrate in your cheeks. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



iraqxlol #12 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postsaxsan4, on 11 July 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:


tier 9 and 10 slow TDs with decent armour in places but not reliable to bounce shots constantly

 

Jp is a low armour fast sniper, nothing like the tier 9 and 10

 

wg like to have tier 8-10 all having the same play styles 

Slow doesn't equal a good tank, Infact it is the opposite. 

Also thing thing has nowhere near the armor of tier 9/10 tds.

 

Being a slow tank yet having no armor, while also large is the combination of a bad tank



saxsan4 #13 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 26919 battles
  • 4,986
  • [-WR--] -WR--
  • Member since:
    11-08-2011

View Postiraqxlol, on 11 July 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

Slow doesn't equal a good tank, Infact it is the opposite. 

Also thing thing has nowhere near the armor of tier 9/10 tds.

 

Being a slow tank yet having no armor, while also large is the combination of a bad tank


the tech trees aren't designed around what tanks are good, they are designed to try and fit a theme 



iraqxlol #14 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:35 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Posttajj7, on 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

 

The gun is very good, also it's a casemate tank destroyer with some armour based on a heavy tank platform.

 

I mean it's basically a smaller version the Jagdtiger.

 

And as someone above said, it's a real tank. 

 

So I get why it was chosen over the Jp2, even though the Jp2 is better and I don't really see the need to streamline the tech tree like that, just give people the choice. 

I didn't say the gun was bad, It is just not that impressive, At least not in a way that outweight the bad side.

I know ferdinand is a real tank, But this is a game, And that adds to the fact that is should've been chosen for collector's side of the tech tree.

View Postmpf1959, on 11 July 2020 - 12:24 PM, said:

Do not remove any tank, after all variety is the spice of life, and one mans trash tank is another's joy, and less is not more!

WG didn't have to mess with the tech-tree in my opinion, but they did, so we have to accept it. Anyway the tanks removed are still available in the collectors tanks store, no?

I didn't mean remove it, It was figuratively not literally.

The reason I said such an extreme claim was to show my point of view for this tank in a stronger manner.

Saying buff ferdinand was going to give a weaker sounding opinion.

 

Since English isn't my first language, I don't think what I just said had a meaning.

I might have mixed Arabic grammer with English grammer


Edited by iraqxlol, 11 July 2020 - 12:36 PM.


shikaka9 #15 Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 80232 battles
  • 2,648
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Prince Ferdinand ? :hiding: 

frange #16 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 33733 battles
  • 332
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013
Because history books says it is not a good idea to kill Ferdinand... 

Kdingo #17 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33570 battles
  • 9,166
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011

View Postiraqxlol, on 11 July 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Jagpanther's turret superstructure is 250 effective, The hull is weak that is correct, but it is still stronger than ferdinand's 120mm cheeks and lower plate.

 

 

Fixed it for you.



no_skill_bob #18 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:26 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 2,552
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postiraqxlol, on 11 July 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

Jagpanther's turret is 250 effective, The hull is weak that is correct, but it is still stronger than ferdinand's 120mm cheeks and lower plate.

 

since when jp has a turret, give me one as well :D



PowJay #19 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 43555 battles
  • 6,078
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Apart from the fact that the Ferdinand was a real TD, not everyone thinks the same as you, OP. I'll just leave this here.

 

 

and this...

 

I won't pretend that the Ferdi is an absolute favourite, but I can do OK with it. The win rate was never amazing, but it has taken quite a hit the last few times I took it out. I never enjoyed playing the JP II, however.



iraqxlol #20 Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4891 battles
  • 129
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postno_skill_bob, on 11 July 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

since when jp has a turret, give me one as well :D

If you read the topic, You will notice that I didn't know what it was called, So i said turret, hence the ()

View PostPowJay, on 11 July 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

Apart from the fact that the Ferdinand was a real TD, not everyone thinks the same as you, OP. I'll just leave this here.

 

 

and this...

 

I won't pretend that the Ferdi is an absolute favourite, but I can do OK with it. The win rate was never amazing, but it has taken quite a hit the last few times I took it out. I never enjoyed playing the JP II, however.

It is undeniable that ferdinand is worse the jagpanther 2, You doing good in ferdinand doesn't mean it is a good tank.

 

Tell me one real advantage ferdinand has over jagpanther 2? Good scores mean nothing.

 

 

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users