i just hope everyone in game could see this.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

i just wish everyone could see my Panther as i do.

but too bad its just a skin. that only i can enjoy to its full potential. :(

it looks so amazing and i would want everyone to see it. can we not have custom skins that everyone could see?

run the skin through WG's Mod hub and download it and once you have it eveyone could see it even if they dont have the custom skin installed.

can we have that plz?

Spoiler

Isharial #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27093 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

when we tooned with that panther of yours, all i see is a bare hull + turret with a bright red gun + mantlet :hiding:

it looks a lot better in those screenshots :P

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:43 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I'd rather not. Trust me, as someone who does tank skins and stuff, I've seen some absolute abominations (such as my E-100 Hulk or glowing Ferdinand).

Isharial #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27093 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 July 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

I'd rather not. Trust me, as someone who does tank skins and stuff, I've seen some absolute abominations (such as my E-100 Hulk or glowing Ferdinand).

hulk tank? :teethhappy: 

i will say i did like that T57 Heavy skin that was around for halloween. it looked like some kind of demon and i would have gone up the T57 line for that had it been an unhistorical camo rather than a mod... As much as having a glowing nuclear Ferdi might break the immersion a little, there are some absolutely disgusting paint jobs some people do that are actually classes as "historical" that i dont see the reason why they arent in-game...

they'd still be filtered with the "non historical elements" toggle, not that that would hide the horrific abominations that are tanks with just camo on the hull and no where else, or the dumber option of turret only *shudder*

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostIsharial, on 11 July 2020 - 07:56 PM, said:

hulk tank? :teethhappy: 

Spoiler

And that's not even as bad as some stuff you can find. :amazed:

Isharial #6 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27093 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 July 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

Spoiler

And that's not even as bad as some stuff you can find. :amazed:

that is beautiful!

The_Naa #7 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

to be honest i would not mind see others tanks that they have done.

eveyone has their own sense of style. if someone thinks a glowing hulk skin is cool i dont argue.

if someone thinks my Teto skin isnt cool. how dare you. :angry:

creative freedom for the players. and those that dont like it can disable it like they have so far.

Spammable_Lecter #8 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48496 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG
 Without my glasses on and a few beers It looks like a Care Bear camo and only thing it's missing is a rainbow stripe down the middle of it .  I'd  actually pay gold  just to unsee it 

The_Naa #9 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpammable_Lecter, on 11 July 2020 - 08:44 PM, said:

Without my glasses on and a few beers It looks like a Care Bear camo and only thing it's missing is a rainbow stripe down the middle of it .  I'd  actually pay gold  just to unsee it 

i've never heard of anyone i know telling me they see things differently when they are drunk.

i always thought it was a cartoon kinda thing.

Kdingo #10 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 33421 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 11 July 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

it looks so amazing and i would want everyone to see it. can we not have custom skins that everyone could see?

run the skin through WG's Mod hub and download it and once you have it eveyone could see it even if they dont have the custom skin installed.

can we have that plz?

Look i am absolutely for tolerance so you can create as many weird creations of art as you like. just be as tolerant and allow me the option that i don't have to endure/see it.

The urge for individualisation/expression doesn't need to be made invasive to others.

On a less serious note, it looks kinda nice even do i wouldn't want it in game.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:07 PM

Bartender

• 19840 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKdingo, on 11 July 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

Look i am absolutely for tolerance so you can create as many weird creations of art as you like. just be as tolerant and allow me the option that i don't have to endure/see it.

Logically it would be disabled if you simply disabled unhistorical content like we have now, but I do feel like there should be a separate option for custom skins specifically if they were available. I don't mind some of the unhistorical stuff but at the same time I wouldn't want to drive around seeing weeb, ponies or whatever.

Personally, from my perspective, I'd rather WG Actually support some stuff like Milkym4n's remodels or historically-inspired tank skins, like how WGCB (Console team) works with Greyweasel_UK, a guy who made some skin/remodel concepts. A fair amount of their more recent skinned tanks to my understanding are based off of his work, which is awesome.

Kdingo #12 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 33421 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 July 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

Logically it would be disabled if you simply disabled unhistorical content like we have now, but I do feel like there should be a separate option for custom skins specifically if they were available. I don't mind some of the unhistorical stuff but at the same time I wouldn't want to drive around seeing weeb, ponies or whatever.

Personally, from my perspective, I'd rather WG Actually support some stuff like Milkym4n's remodels or historically-inspired tank skins, like how WGCB (Console team) works with Greyweasel_UK, a guy who made some skin/remodel concepts. A fair amount of their more recent skinned tanks to my understanding are based off of his work, which is awesome.

More options are good, i don't mind certain reskins/styles/remodels that fit the setting.

Just those weeb, ponies, whatever stuff (as you mentioned) would be a huge deal breaker. don't really enjoy a tank game where someone went nuts painting anime stuff on a pink maus.

Cool if he enjoys it but i should not be molested by that.

The non historical filter is already great... even so those new reaper decals are already bypassing it making tanks look like a clownshow.

The_Naa #13 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12881 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKdingo, on 11 July 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

The urge for individualisation/expression doesn't need to be made invasive to others.

On a less serious note, it looks kinda nice even do i wouldn't want it in game.

ofc the option to disable skins would be there as it has been so far for all non historical stuff.

and WG is really buying into this and doing more and more Decals as time goes by.

thats what this basically is a decal that had a custom skin made by Pansy and i bought it with gold, so i still gave WG some gold so i can have the tank look cool.

could just be some different shapes that you can add your picture that you want to be seen then run that through Mod hub so they can check it does not break any rules (+18) and buy it with gold in-game so others can see it as you imagined it.

WG makes profit, i get a nice decal and those that want to see my personal customizations can see them, while those dont want to see such things dont. :)

qpranger #14 Posted 11 July 2020 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

It LOOKS nice, but I want it to FEEL nice.

#makepanthergreatagain

Hayton #15 Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54485 battles
Skins is one of WG's moneymakers, not going to give that up are they.

RedSox04 #16 Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35819 battles
  • [XT550] XT550
I like the idea but it would probably slow the game down quite a bit. Imagine 30 tanks with unique skins that you have to fetch and download before the game starts. Also, the moderation that would have to go on to ensure your skin wasn't something that would offend, blah blah. I had a neon skin for the Obj 140 years ago and every 140 appeared with it in the game I was in, friendly and enemy. I assume that other panthers you encountered also had the skin?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users