wheeled vehicles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Blob1963 #1 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 75395 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST

I have played this game for a long time and dont normally post here, however I have had enough,

This is a tank game not a race car game.

Since the introduction of the wheeled vehicles WOT has lost its way. It introduced a vehicle that has no place in the game, its a scout tank that's super hard to hit (that I can live with), resists shells that would destroy a heavy tank and hits harder than a medium. 

One of these in the hands of a reasonable player destroys the whole game, a platoon males it impossible to win.

I don't know who in the development team thought up this concept, but you completely lost the purpose of this game ....... in case you have forgotten its WOT .....

There are far better things to invest your time in, maybe starting with some new maps!!!!

Unless you sort out the mess you have created I'm sad to say this is one beta tester that will be leaving your community when their current premium account ends.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 11 July 2020 - 09:01 PM.
Removed swearing.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 80294 battles

1 leaving ... :) WG dont even know you exist :bajan:

and by leaving you change nothing

Edited by shikaka9, 11 July 2020 - 08:47 PM.

Peasant_wot #3 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5155 battles
DOOOOONT LOOOOSE YOUUUUR WAAAAAAYYY!!!

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36552 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostBlob1963, on 11 July 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

I have played this game for a long time and dont normally post here, however I have had enough,

This is a tank game not a race car game.

Since the introduction of the wheeled vehicles WOT has lost its way. It introduced a vehicle that has no place in the game, its a scout tank that's super hard to hit (that I can live with), resists shells that would destroy a heavy tank and hits harder than a medium. 

One of these in the hands of a reasonable player destroys the whole game, a platoon males it impossible to win.

I don't know who in the development team thought up this concept, but you completely lost the purpose of this game ....... in case you have forgotten its WOT .....

There are far better things to invest your time in, maybe starting with some new maps!!!!

Unless you sort out the mess you have created I'm sad to say this is one beta tester that will be leaving your community when their current premium account ends.

Why not just play lower tiers where wheelies don't exist and arty is of no consequence?

The best is the enemy of the good and it always amazes me that people would rather complain than use an easy workaround

Zoggo_ #5 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35143 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

The core of this game is amazing.Kept me playing long after I should have given up. 

Rather than balance tanks (I'm looking at you Chinese meds) devs decided to show execs how amazing they are.

Gimmick needed, wheeled vehicles. Gimmick needed, err double barreled tanks. And so on.

Kdingo #6 Posted 11 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostBlob1963, on 11 July 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

1.  Why do you talk about yourself in plural?

2. How much premium time is left? just out of curiosity, 365 days would make this "announcement" rather.... interesting

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 July 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

Why not just play lower tiers where wheelies don't exist and arty is of no consequence?

The best is the enemy of the good and it always amazes me that people would rather complain than use an easy workaround

Indeed the eternal question we may shall never receive an answer too.

Edited by Kdingo, 11 July 2020 - 08:57 PM.

LethalWalou #7 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36290 battles

View PostBlob1963, on 11 July 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

when their current premium account ends.

And when does it end? I do like this little loophole you set for yourself as you could easily have 500 days of premium. :) Why not just leave right away and stop playing a game you don't enjoy?

Anyways, as tradition goes 75122.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:10 PM

Bartender

• 19933 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBlob1963, on 11 July 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

How exactly does it resist shells that would destroy a Heavy, or hit harder than a Medium? Shells hitting wheels and dealing no damage are annoying; yes; but it's the same as hitting tracks or something on a standard tank and doing nothing. Of course, you feel it a bit more against a wheelie since he scurries off a whole lot faster (part of what they're changing in 1.10), but it's not exactly a unique feature to the wheeled vehicles. And hitting harder than a Medium? Only really because they're driving around often firing full HE. We already have Lights that do that though; the M41 90, HWK 30 And Senlac; and the only real outlier is the EBR 105 With 500 HE Damage instead of the usual 480. If you ignore the HE, their gun damage is quite lackluster, and the HE Is generally only effective against the lighter armoured stuff (or the rear of typically NATO Heavies).

Don't get me wrong, I'm someone who absolutely despises the wheelies as well, but let's be a bit more realistic. 

I'll give you a few to vent your frustration some more (though please do try to avoid swearing, even doing th**is isn't going to stop me from removing it) before I close it and point you to the pinned thread.

Blob1963 #9 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 75395 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST

interesting that a moderator edits my thread.

How about listening to the points made and do something about it.

This is a tank game and has been successful as such.

No one other than a desperate exec wanted these ***** scout cars.

Its your game, do what you want with it im out.

Edited by Blob1963, 11 July 2020 - 09:39 PM.

Kdingo #10 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostBlob1963, on 11 July 2020 - 09:38 PM, said:

A moderator isn't part of the developing team, so fixing your "perceived" issue ain't in his powers.

hjorte #11 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23219 battles
@Blob1963, you do know that there are possible nerfs on the horizon for the top tier wheeled, right?

Blob1963 #12 Posted 11 July 2020 - 09:46 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 75395 battles
  • [761ST] 761ST
ps I have no issue with lite tanks generally, or arty. Whilst I may not use them often they add depth to the game.
20:50 Added after 3 minute

View Posthjorte, on 11 July 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

@Blob1963, you do know that there are possible nerfs on the horizon for the top tier wheeled, right?

The game is ruined now, by the time they have got past the 300x meetings it will be too late. This cancer was wrong on day one and yet its still here

21:00 Added after 13 minute

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 11 July 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

How exactly does it resist shells that would destroy a Heavy, or hit harder than a Medium? Shells hitting wheels and dealing no damage are annoying; yes; but it's the same as hitting tracks or something on a standard tank and doing nothing. Of course, you feel it a bit more against a wheelie since he scurries off a whole lot faster (part of what they're changing in 1.10), but it's not exactly a unique feature to the wheeled vehicles. And hitting harder than a Medium? Only really because they're driving around often firing full HE. We already have Lights that do that though; the M41 90, HWK 30 And Senlac; and the only real outlier is the EBR 105 With 500 HE Damage instead of the usual 480. If you ignore the HE, their gun damage is quite lackluster, and the HE Is generally only effective against the lighter armoured stuff (or the rear of typically NATO Heavies).

Don't get me wrong, I'm someone who absolutely despises the wheelies as well, but let's be a bit more realistic. 

I'll give you a few to vent your frustration some more (though please do try to avoid swearing, even doing th**is isn't going to stop me from removing it) before I close it and point you to the pinned thread.

so a 1 inch wheel is harder than several inches of armour ? Well the tank developers missed a trick then, the could just have strap a few mini metro wheels onto their tanks and become invincible and saved themselves billions in development.

21:02 Added after 15 minute

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 July 2020 - 07:51 PM, said:

why should people have to hide in lower tiers to avoid a clear game issue ?

Desyatnik_Pansy #13 Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:03 PM

Bartender

• 19933 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I literally only removed your attempt to bypass the censor filter, I made no other edits. I will be closing the thread, but that's because we have a pinned thread for the wheeled vehicles since they're a hot topic. Why have 10 Threads about the same thing when you can just have 1.

As Kdingo pointed out, I'm a moderator, more important a volunteer moderator. In short, I'm not an official WG Employee or anything, I'm literally a player just like you who moderates the forums in my free time. Besides, even if I were a WG EU Employee, I'd still have little say in how things are balanced considering balancing and all that is done by the folks in Minsk.

Anyway, I gave you the time to follow it up (and then some, blame me getting a bit too invested in Dark Souls), I'll be closing this thread now. If you want to continue ranting, you can do it via the link below, though repeating myself I urge you to try to keep it a bit more civil:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/732037-the-big-wv-wheeled-vehicles-discussion-thread/

Also tagged with wheeled vehicles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users