Twitch WoT channel - got chat banned. why?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

bogzie #1 Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20062 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

Hi, 

question for community moderators

I logged on twitch and was watching the WoT channel and said something in the spirit of the discussion - something like 'game is a joke'

got timed out for 10 minutes

then after 10 minutes, I was able to chat again and asked a simple question - 'hey guys, do you usually time out people who bad mouth the game or developers?'

got timed out again

and then i got chat banned

my twitch ID is bogzie18

can someone please tell me why i got timed out / chat banned? is this how you're dealing with people that are not super excited about your game? 

will you be deleting this topic and ban me on the forum as well?

thanks.

Edited by bogzie, 13 July 2020 - 06:20 PM.

catlikehana #2 Posted 13 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21392 battles

Well if you posted negativity, I can see why you were banned.

It's a general rule for all twitch streams not just WG.

They want to keep the discussion focussed on topic not laid bare in toxicity.

You could have worded your first comment better to avoid the first ban (jokes or sarcasm don't come across on a screen and it just looks like complaining).

Again your second comment comes across the same way..

For a general rule:

If your only comment is negative, don't post it.

Justified criticism is allowed but outright complaining is not.

Edited by moenie, 13 July 2020 - 07:05 PM.

bogzie #3 Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20062 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

why would you think that my second comment comes across the same way?

I asked a fully justified question and a moderator could've easily PM'ed me and explained that they don't want people to post any kind of "negativity" in chat.

instead, they decided to ban me, which again, I understand, they have a stable player base, they don't care about +-1

still waiting for a community moderator to explain why someone deserves to be banned for asking ONE question 

catlikehana #4 Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21392 battles

View Postbogzie, on 13 July 2020 - 07:40 PM, said:

why would you think that my second comment comes across the same way?

I asked a fully justified question and a moderator could've easily PM'ed me and explained that they don't want people to post any kind of "negativity" in chat.

instead, they decided to ban me, which again, I understand, they have a stable player base, they don't care about +-1

still waiting for a community moderator to explain why someone deserves to be banned for asking ONE question 

To reiterate, the second comment to me comes across as sarcastic and leans more towards criticism than as a justified question (it implies WG censors criticism).

It may seem fine to you as you know the intent (be it good or bad), the moderator on the other side of the globe will most likely not and will judge on a case by case basis.

It is actually your responsibility to check the rules of both twitch and the individual creator (you can do this by asking the chat bot or scrolling down and seeing the pinned posts).

Mods are there to enforce the rules and generally interact with chat if they want to.

Personally I would have worded it as below:

1. I think the game needs improvement in certain areas, maybe "xxx" would be a good idea? (this has some criticism but also includes a creative list of ideas)

2. Can I ask what are the chat rules? (Clarify the rules at all times, ideally before you first post so you know what to say and what to avoid)

It's all about presentation, if you read it out loud and it does not sound positive then it is best not to post.

Justified opinions and criticism are ok but make sure they can be perceived that way on the other end.

This is just my opinion so hopefully a mod can come along and clarify this for you.

Edited by moenie, 17 July 2020 - 02:32 AM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

Field Marshal

• 33987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbogzie, on 13 July 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

Hi, 

question for community moderators

Forum moderators have nothing to do with Twitch.  I'm not even sure who the Twitch moderators are but I would guess they are WG employees. (Forum moderators are volunteers)

will you be deleting this topic and ban me on the forum as well?

That depends on if you stick to the forum rules, which I strongly advise you read.

bogzie #6 Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20062 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

Forum moderators have nothing to do with Twitch.  I'm not even sure who the Twitch moderators are but I would guess they are WG employees. (Forum moderators are volunteers)

ok thanks, please close this thread then. no point in it being here in this case.

Homer_J #7 Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:06 PM

Field Marshal

• 33987 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As requested.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users