WG coupons and premium store, deceptive marketing?

coupon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LetMeGoogleThatForYou #1 Posted 13 July 2020 - 09:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17495 battles

We all know those coupons you sometimes get for 'Ace level gameplay' (Even though the game wasn't an ace badge earner ha.) are basically marketing rubbish for the most part, so restricted these days on what they work on, they are pbasically useless for most people. I noticed something today when I got one that I think is highly manipulative and possibly straying into the territory of false adertising.

Hopefully the screenshots explain the possibility for confusion enough. I would expect (and I would think most reasonable people would also) that if I use a filter to show items elidgable for a coupon discount, it should not show me items that had no discount applied to them with a coupon icon next to them. (They should not be shown at all, because the filter is applied.)

ace level gamplay.PNG

15 percent coupon -aparantly.PNG

Wargaming_BS.PNG

PS: I checked the browser developer tools, and there are a few browser console warnings on the store page, but no errors, so this is highly unlikely to be a web development error, the page is designed this way on purpose.

Homer_J #2 Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• 33999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You get the coupon discount applied when you select the coupon in the purchase page.  It will be on top of the discounts you are already seeing.

You could of course have just tried it like I did.

Bracciano_gatto #3 Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3591 battles

^^^^

This !

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11290 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostHomer_J, on 13 July 2020 - 10:26 PM, said:

You get the coupon discount applied when you select the coupon in the purchase page.  It will be on top of the discounts you are already seeing.

You could of course have just tried it like I did.

This.

Lets say that due to reasons, I got 3 different coupons; which discount should it show in the premium store overview?

Also, when you hover over the coupon icon, it should (iirc) read: you can apply a coupon to this package.

Not, that it is already applied to it.

Space_Vato #5 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4388 battles

Ah yes, WG discounts... Very clear how it works, just like event news...

Remember when they gave "up to 50% discount on select items" when there was not 1 single item with a 50% discount to be found?

Not a single 1???

Let's be ABSOLUTELY CLEAR about this, WG is never clear in their info... EVER....

I am still confused about what WG meant with "We will be more clear considering info about events and premiumshop offers".

Do they mean:

Also tagged with coupon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users