Account suspension for accidental team dmg in middle of the battle?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Chewbacca01 #1 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [M8S] M8S

Hi, so today I earned an account suspension for an hour in ranked battles for team damage driving an SPG (please just try to find the point of this topic and no, it's not why I am playing in an arty). I turned blue before but never got suspended so this is something new for me. S**t happens, probably deserved it, life goes on. A few questions popped into my mind though.

I stun friendlies sometimes but I never do this on purpose (Let me grab the opportunity to say I am really sorry if I stunned you I swear I am just trying to save your b..t). I don't think that anyone can avoid it while using an SPG. Sometimes I even have to do it, moreover your teammates expect you to do it, for example when a friend and enemy hugs each other and i need to save my teammate. Or they are just too close to each other and i need to shoot over a hill or a corner of a house but due to this magnificent RNG thing I tend not to hit the center of the aiming circle so i stun friendlies occasionally. This can happen several times even in one game. So this accumulates and eventually gets the ban, but...

1. Why the hell on Earth I need to get kicked out in the middle of the battle? Why can't you wait until the end of the game? To punish my teammates as well? To collect more reports by being AFK?

1. Why do i turn blue for this when no other tank (not SPG) turns blue at all. And I always find a guy who keeps shooting me during the whole game just because he has issues with arty. And he won't turn blue after 15-20 shots. I know he can't really hurt me and I can still cause stun to friendlies but still it's bloody annoying.

Orkbert #2 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 30344 battles

Of the questions that pop into my mind:

I do play SPGs also very often (actually way more often than you) and I have yet to turn blue from stunning friendlies. Just how often do you cause friendly stun?

Kdingo #3 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

1. Why the hell on Earth I need to get kicked out in the middle of the battle? Why can't you wait until the end of the game? To punish my teammates as well? To collect more reports by being AFK?

1. Why do i turn blue for this when no other tank (not SPG) turns blue at all. And I always find a guy who keeps shooting me during the whole game just because he has issues with arty. And he won't turn blue after 15-20 shots. I know he can't really hurt me and I can still cause stun to friendlies but still it's bloody annoying.

To the 2nd 1. Cause its more or less an arty exclusive thing to cause "stun" on friendlies, which at least to some degree is damaging to teammates even so it doesn´t hurt the hp.

I had "special needs" people teamshooting me in their arties cause i didn´t do as they want and therefor they needed to make sure i stay properly stunned. those sadly never got banned so i assume it is not cause of some random team stun.

Edited by Kdingo, 15 July 2020 - 06:23 PM.

Chewbacca01 #4 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [M8S] M8S

View PostOrkbert, on 15 July 2020 - 06:19 PM, said:

Of the questions that pop into my mind:

I do play SPGs also very often (actually way more often than you) and I have yet to turn blue from stunning friendlies. Just how often do you cause friendly stun?

The first time I turned blue during ranked last year but it never happened in random battles so far. I admit I am braver to let go the shot when we are fighting for the same position to earn or retain chevrons. Answering the question I would say the average is between 1 & 2 stunned friendly per battle. I think it's not really about the frequency but rather the number of games I play as it accumulates over time until I reach a specific number during a specific amount of time I guess?

Chewbacca01 #5 Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [M8S] M8S

View PostKdingo, on 15 July 2020 - 06:22 PM, said:

To the 2nd 1. Cause its more or less an arty exclusive thing to cause "stun" on friendlies, which at least to some degree is damaging to teammates even so it doesn´t hurt the hp.

I had "special needs" people teamshooting me in their arties cause i didn´t do as they want and therefor they needed to make sure i stay properly stunned. those sadly never got banned so i assume it is not cause of some random team stun.

I would never waste a shot on any teammates who is not doing what I think he should doing when i can shoot once in a minute. Not ever, it's not my place to judge. I admit I stun friendlies but that is always because they are too close fighting the enemy. Also my bullet can fly for 4-5 seconds and an EBR can do a marathon during this time or just change direction 4-5 times and jump into the place where I aimed.

Should I just lean back and wait until that fight is over while I can't shoot anything else? I just don't fully understand the game's logic here

Kdingo #6 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 06:57 PM, said:

I would never waste a shot on any teammates who is not doing what I think he should doing when i can shoot once in a minute. Not ever, it's not my place to judge. I admit I stun friendlies but that is always because they are too close fighting the enemy. Also my bullet can fly for 4-5 seconds and an EBR can do a marathon during this time or just change direction 4-5 times and jump into the place where I aimed.

Should I just lean back and wait until that fight is over while I can't shoot anything else? I just don't fully understand the game's logic here

You seem under the wrong impression you have to justify yourself in front of me, you don´t. That is stuff between you and wg, try support ticket and hope for a more detailed information as to why it happened. They will know, i can only go by what is said, which is usually cherry picked (no offense on that), so i just deliver my 50 cents.

Edited by Kdingo, 15 July 2020 - 07:12 PM.

saxsan4 #7 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26919 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

dont play arty then this issue won't happen. Simples 

Gold to see action taken against arty stunners, so many times I have lost missions or even died thanks to FRIENDLY arty stun

Shoot at the tanks not close to me please. I dont need arty shooting face hugging tanks.

Arty is meant to combat campers not the front-line. Focus on that.

Mimos_A #8 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32984 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

The first time I turned blue during ranked last year but it never happened in random battles so far. I admit I am braver to let go the shot when we are fighting for the same position to earn or retain chevrons. Answering the question I would say the average is between 1 & 2 stunned friendly per battle. I think it's not really about the frequency but rather the number of games I play as it accumulates over time until I reach a specific number during a specific amount of time I guess?

That really is way too often. Be more careful and find targets where you're not "helping" your teammates by screwing up their crew...

Edited by Mimos_A, 15 July 2020 - 07:11 PM.

Chewbacca01 #9 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29175 battles
  • [M8S] M8S

View PostMimos_A, on 15 July 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

That really is way too often. Be more careful and find targets where you're not "helping" your teammates by screwing up their crew...

Probably you are right, but while i get the usual complaining about messing friendly crews for a few seconds they never thank me for doing damage to the enemy and also stunning their crew for much longer. I completely understand you make no mistake, but you should understand the other side of the story as well. We are fighting for the same chevron so you should put your blame to the developers for this really.

Kdingo #10 Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 33570 battles

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Probably you are right, but while i get the usual complaining about messing friendly crews for a few seconds they never thank me for doing damage to the enemy and also stunning their crew for much longer. I completely understand you make no mistake, but you should understand the other side of the story as well. We are fighting for the same chevron so you should put your blame to the developers for this really.

So it happened in ranked, is it possible that the rules for "friendly fire stunning" are a bit more serious in that mode then in randoms?

After all its more competitive in nature and i doubt people appreciate being stunned when they try to get their chevrons.

ignaskarate #11 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:13 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10906 battles
As i remember, last game in ranked i shot tank 800m away. This tank moves away and nearby going my team light tank, receives direct hit, which landed far far away from aim centre. If i would receive sanctions for such poor RNG, i wold be angry. My aim was not on LT, because LT was maybe 50 meters from my aim circle and shot hit the border left of aim circle. And those RNG moments i believe are enough to receive sanctions even if i am not shooting near my own team, but shots magically magnets to my team tanks, flying to very side of aim circle.

rimmer_the #12 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3682 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View Postsaxsan4, on 15 July 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Arty is meant to combat campers not the front-line

Wrong

xtrem3x #13 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38149 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Hi, so today I earned an account suspension for an hour in ranked battles for team damage driving an SPG (please just try to find the point of this topic and no, it's not why I am playing in an arty). I turned blue before but never got suspended so this is something new for me. S**t happens, probably deserved it, life goes on. A few questions popped into my mind though.

I stun friendlies sometimes but I never do this on purpose (Let me grab the opportunity to say I am really sorry if I stunned you I swear I am just trying to save your b..t). I don't think that anyone can avoid it while using an SPG. Sometimes I even have to do it, moreover your teammates expect you to do it, for example when a friend and enemy hugs each other and i need to save my teammate. Or they are just too close to each other and i need to shoot over a hill or a corner of a house but due to this magnificent RNG thing I tend not to hit the center of the aiming circle so i stun friendlies occasionally. This can happen several times even in one game. So this accumulates and eventually gets the ban, but...

Learn not to shoot your team mates, there is no excuse!!

Don't shoot targets when your team mates are clearly in the splash radius.

I've never even turned blue in arty... You deserve the ban!!

So many team damaging arty players out there that I'm glad WG are finally doing something about it

Balc0ra #14 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78120 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I stun friendlies sometimes but I never do this on purpose (Let me grab the opportunity to say I am really sorry if I stunned you I swear I am just trying to save your b..t).

Tbh... arty wanting to help is arguably my most hated thing about this game. I do wish arty turned blue faster for doing it often in randoms. Sure you do damage to the target. But me having a longer reload and worse mobility is not helping me one bit, even more so if my kit is on cooldown because his arty wanted to help too. And I've died more often due to that, then if they did not help. Tho, this is the first time I've heard anyone getting banned for it, or even turned blue due to it. 

1. Why the hell on Earth I need to get kicked out in the middle of the battle? Why can't you wait until the end of the game? To punish my teammates as well? To collect more reports by being AFK?

A stun is a stun. As most arty do it on scouts not spotting where they want too, leaving them more blind on the flank they actually can help. And like the old team damage, the system can't tell the difference between deliberate and "helping" stuns. And others can still shoot you, as their shell does nothing, yours still do. Thus they won't turn blue for that alone. As you leaving them more blind, slower or a longer reload that can get the enemy to kill them faster. The only way they can turn blue is by crush damage or downing them etc. 

It's like the old team damage system. If he banned them after the battle when he had killed half the team. How does that help? Same here if arty stuns everyone on his team. It punishes your team as well. And thus they cut the cord early. As again, the system can't tell if you are being a D!%c or "helpful". 

rimmer_the #15 Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3682 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostMimos_A, on 15 July 2020 - 07:10 PM, said:

Press 5, problem solved. Not that hard, was it ? WOT is already dumbed down tremendously with all damage friendly fire removed. 

19:54 Added after 6 minute

View Postxtrem3x, on 15 July 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Learn not to shoot your team mates, there is no excuse!!

Don't shoot targets when your team mates are clearly in the splash radius.

I've never even turned blue in arty... You deserve the ban!!

So many team damaging arty players out there that I'm glad WG are finally doing something about it

The excuse is 0.75 dispersion PLUS 25% RNG PLUS lag. You aim at a point, it might end up as far away as a human's hearing distance. And that is with a BIA crew and food. Don't start making assumptions before knowing the game. 

xtrem3x #16 Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38149 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Postrimmer_the, on 15 July 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

Press 5, problem solved. Not that hard, was it ? WOT is already dumbed down tremendously with all damage friendly fire removed. 

19:54 Added after 6 minute

The excuse is 0.75 dispersion PLUS 25% RNG PLUS lag. You aim at a point, it might end up as far away as a human's hearing distance. And that is with a BIA crew and food. Don't start making assumptions before knowing the game. 

I've played lot's of arty, stop making excuses for your poor play and targeting enemies clearly too close to your team mates.

Accept responsibility instead of blaming the game or are you one of those millennial '[edited]who think it's always somebody else's fault? :child:

MeetriX #17 Posted 15 July 2020 - 09:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 27775 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Military standarts.

One guy blew, everybody suffer. (Not anymore because reasons.)

Mimos_A #18 Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32984 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostChewbacca01, on 15 July 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

Note that I said "too often", not "never do it".. Accidents, mistakes and judgement calls happen. That's why you don't get punished every time it happens (or even happens a bunch of times). But if you hit your own teammates that consistently you're really doing something wrong that you can't blame on other players or the devs.

Edited by Mimos_A, 15 July 2020 - 10:34 PM.

saxsan4 #19 Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26919 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postrimmer_the, on 15 July 2020 - 07:45 PM, said:

Wrong

its not wrong, the reason arty is In the game, said by WG themselves was to stop camping and deadlocks, the reality of course is that it effects people who push but that is by error, not design 

mjs_89 #20 Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11915 battles
  • [95137] 95137
Sound more like a ton of reports for unsportsmanlike conduct if you stun 2 allies per game. Maybe don'ttake risky shots in the future...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users